|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katniss reveal in Part 3, Chapter 19 causes her queasiness?
(b) Injured people.
2. Where is Katniss injured during her fight with Clove in Part 3, Chapter 21?
(a) The arm.
(b) The forehead.
(c) The leg.
(d) The chest.
3. How does Katniss camouflage the opening of the cave she has been sharing with Peeta in Part 3, Chapter 21?
(a) With her burned jacket.
(b) With a tree branch cut from a nearby tree.
(c) With twigs and leaves.
(d) With rocks.
4. What sign does Katniss find on the rocks that tells her she is on the right track in her search for Peeta and Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) Blood stains.
(c) A hidden message written in mud.
(d) A lean-to near the stream.
5. What alerts Katniss and Peeta that Cato is coming at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
(a) The mockingjays cry out in alarm.
(b) The sound of running feet.
(c) The cries of wovles.
(d) Cato's screams of terror.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katniss tell Peeta the story of how she got Prim's goat in Part 3, Chapter 20?
2. How does Katniss clean Peeta off after she finds him in Part 3, Chapter 19?
3. Which tributes, besides Peeta and Katniss, are left in Part 3, Chapter 23?
4. What are tracker jackers?
5. How does Katniss treat her wounds after the natural disaster that strikes the arena?
Short Essay Questions
1. What item is Katniss in search of during the second day in the games? Why has this become an urgent need for Katniss?
2. What does Katniss learn about Peeta on the first night of the games? What does she believe this means about his strategy?
3. Who rigged the explosives around the Career's food that Katniss detonates in Part 2, Chapter 16? Why?
4. What does Peeta tell Katniss that his father once told him about her mother?
5. What does Katniss tell Peeta as they travel home to District Twelve at the end of the novel? How does he feel about this? How does she feel about this?
6. Who attacks Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 21 as she attempts to retrieve the backpack at the feast? What happens to Katniss' attacker?
7. Why does Katniss believe Cato has found and killed Peeta at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
8. What does Peeta do to annoy Katniss as they begin a hunting trip into the woods? What does Katniss do about it?
9. What causes Katniss' first real injury in the Hunger Games arena?
10. Why does Katniss have an intimate conversation with Peeta and offer him kisses in Part 3, Chapter 22?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)