|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury does Katniss suffer in the explosion she set off to destroy the Careers supplies?
(a) Damage to her ear.
(b) A cut on her forehead.
(c) A burn on her leg.
(d) A wound in her upper thigh.
2. What does Katniss' first parachute bring her?
(a) A lethal gas bomb to use on the Careers.
(b) A map back to the Cornucopia.
(c) Burn medicine.
(d) Instructions on how to cut down a tree branch.
3. What item in the backpack Katniss managed to grab at the Cornucopia does not appear to work properly?
(a) A sleeping bag.
(b) A water purifier.
(c) A plastic rain coat.
(d) A pair of sunglasses.
4. What trap does Katniss discover Rue has fallen into when she finds her at the end of Part 2, Chapter 17?
(a) An animal snare.
(b) A net.
(c) A hole in the ground.
(d) A bear trap.
5. Where does Clove threaten to begin her mutilation of Katniss as they struggle at the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
(a) The mouth.
(b) The forehead.
(c) The cheeks.
(d) The chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Katniss see with the bow and arrow she so desperately wanted from the Cornucopia?
2. What reason does Katniss give Rue reassurance that sponsors will soon realize her value in the competition?
3. Why does Katniss decide Haymitch has not send her any water in Part 2, Chapter 12?
4. Where do the mutts take Cato at the end of Part 3, Chapter 25?
5. How does Katniss leach the infection from Peeta's leg wound in Part 3, Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What item is Katniss in search of during the second day in the games? Why has this become an urgent need for Katniss?
2. How does Katniss force the Gamemakers to honor their change in the rules of the Hunger Games?
3. Who dies in Part 3, Chapter 24? How?
4. Where is Katniss when she becomes aware that the Careers have approached her hiding place? Who else does Katniss become aware of in close proximity to her?
5. Who attacks Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 21 as she attempts to retrieve the backpack at the feast? What happens to Katniss' attacker?
6. Why does Katniss have an intimate conversation with Peeta and offer him kisses in Part 3, Chapter 22?
7. Why does Peeta not want Katniss to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 20 even though it could mean healing medicine for him? What does Katniss do?
8. Why does Katniss believe Cato has found and killed Peeta at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
9. What shocking thing happens in the end of Part 2, Chapter 18 that causes Katniss to possibly give away her location by calling out Peeta's name?
10. What does Rue point out to Katniss at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 14? What does she do with this item?
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)