|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is killed in Katniss' silent attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) The boy from District Three and Rue.
(b) Glimmer and the girl from District Four.
(c) Clove and Cato.
(d) Glimmer and Cato.
2. How does Rue react to Katniss' plot to drive the Careers away from her tree in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) She calls down to warn the Careers.
(b) She jumps into Katniss' tree to help.
(c) She quietly moves away through the trees.
(d) She climbs out of her tree and runs.
3. What is remarkable about Peeta's appearance in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) His face is bruised and he has other injuries.
(b) He has a large number of weapons on his belt.
(d) He has a serious cut on his upper thigh.
4. What does Katniss see on one of the mutts that makes her realize the mutts are meant to be reincarnations of the dead tributes?
(a) A collar with a number one on it.
(b) A collar with a name on it.
(c) A collar with a plant design on it.
(d) A collar with diamonds on it.
5. Which of the remaining tributes in Part 3, Chapter 22 does Katniss suggest she and Peeta might have liked back in District Twelve?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss notice the Gamemakers have begun to mess with in Part 3, Chapter 20?
2. What does Rue tell Katniss the sunglasses in her backpack are used for?
3. What item does Katniss tell Rue in Part 2, Chapter 16 that she plans to steal from the Careers' supplies?
4. What does Katniss believe has caused the natural disaster that settles in the arena in Part 2, Chapter 13?
5. Why does Katniss tell Peeta the story of how she got Prim's goat in Part 3, Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peeta not want Katniss to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 20 even though it could mean healing medicine for him? What does Katniss do?
2. What causes Katniss' first real injury in the Hunger Games arena?
3. Where is Katniss when she becomes aware that the Careers have approached her hiding place? Who else does Katniss become aware of in close proximity to her?
4. Who rigged the explosives around the Career's food that Katniss detonates in Part 2, Chapter 16? Why?
5. What does Katniss do in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19 to try to keep the Careers from ambushing her during her search for Peeta?
6. Who is the first to tell Katniss that Peeta has lost his leg? How does she react?
7. Why does Katniss believe Cato has found and killed Peeta at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
8. Why does Katniss have an intimate conversation with Peeta and offer him kisses in Part 3, Chapter 22?
9. What does Katniss decide to do about Rue? What plan does she come up with to take the advantage from the Careers?
10. What shocking thing happens in the end of Part 2, Chapter 18 that causes Katniss to possibly give away her location by calling out Peeta's name?
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)