|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Haymitch warn Katniss that she must continue to act as though she is madly in love with Peeta?
(a) To protect her family from the media storm about to fall on them.
(b) To help in Peeta's recovery.
(c) To protect her from the wrath of the president for threatening suicide by berry.
(d) To protect Peeta's feelings.
2. What does Katniss believe has caused the natural disaster that settles in the arena in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) A careless solitary tribute.
(b) The Careers.
(c) The Gamemakers.
(d) A bored sponsor.
3. What sign does Katniss find on the rocks that tells her she is on the right track in her search for Peeta and Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) A hidden message written in mud.
(b) Blood stains.
(d) A lean-to near the stream.
4. What does Katniss see on one of the mutts that makes her realize the mutts are meant to be reincarnations of the dead tributes?
(a) A collar with diamonds on it.
(b) A collar with a number one on it.
(c) A collar with a plant design on it.
(d) A collar with a name on it.
5. Who does Rue tell Katniss the Careers leave to watch over their food stores by the lake?
(a) A girl from District Ten.
(b) A girl from District Three.
(c) A boy from District Three.
(d) A boy from District Ten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Peeta suggest Katniss does not like because they are too much like one another?
2. What awaits Katniss and Peeta as they return to District Twelve?
3. Where do the mutts take Cato at the end of Part 3, Chapter 25?
4. What roles do Katniss and Peeta chose for themselves in regards to providing for their continuing survival?
5. What item in the backpack Katniss managed to grab at the Cornucopia does not appear to work properly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peeta tell Katniss that his father once told him about her mother?
2. How do the Careers react to the loss of their food? What does Katniss do in the aftermath of the explosion?
3. What are muttations? Whose voices and eyes do these mutts have?
4. What item is Katniss in search of during the second day in the games? Why has this become an urgent need for Katniss?
5. Who is the first to tell Katniss that Peeta has lost his leg? How does she react?
6. Who does Katniss discover following her after she wakes from the tracker jacker venom? How does this person help Katniss heal her tracker jacker stings?
7. How does Katniss force the Gamemakers to honor their change in the rules of the Hunger Games?
8. Where does Katniss find Peeta? What condition is he in?
9. What does Katniss decide to do about Rue? What plan does she come up with to take the advantage from the Careers?
10. What does Katniss find when she goes searching for Rue? How does Katniss react in this situation in Part 2, Chapter 17?
This section contains 1,163 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)