|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What awaits Katniss and Peeta as they return to District Twelve?
(a) Funerals for the dead tributes.
(c) Many reporters and their loved ones.
(d) A return to their mundane lives.
2. What does Katniss reveal in Part 3, Chapter 19 causes her queasiness?
(d) Injured people.
3. What does Katniss believe has caused the natural disaster that settles in the arena in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) The Careers.
(b) A bored sponsor.
(c) A careless solitary tribute.
(d) The Gamemakers.
4. Who rescues Peeta as a mutt tries to pull him down from the Cornucopia in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 25?
(a) No one.
5. Who sneaks Katniss a roll at dinner in Part 3, Chapter 26?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Katniss tell Rue in Part 2, Chapter 16 that she plans to steal from the Careers' supplies?
2. How does Katniss clean Peeta off after she finds him in Part 3, Chapter 19?
3. How many tributes are left at the end of Part 2, Chapter 18?
4. What trap does Katniss discover Rue has fallen into when she finds her at the end of Part 2, Chapter 17?
5. How does Katniss camouflage the opening of the cave she has been sharing with Peeta in Part 3, Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are muttations? Whose voices and eyes do these mutts have?
2. Where is Katniss when she becomes aware that the Careers have approached her hiding place? Who else does Katniss become aware of in close proximity to her?
3. What item is Katniss in search of during the second day in the games? Why has this become an urgent need for Katniss?
4. Why does Peeta not want Katniss to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 20 even though it could mean healing medicine for him? What does Katniss do?
5. What does Katniss tell Peeta as they travel home to District Twelve at the end of the novel? How does he feel about this? How does she feel about this?
6. Why does Katniss believe Cato has found and killed Peeta at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
7. What shocking thing happens in the end of Part 2, Chapter 18 that causes Katniss to possibly give away her location by calling out Peeta's name?
8. What does Peeta tell Katniss that his father once told him about her mother?
9. Who rigged the explosives around the Career's food that Katniss detonates in Part 2, Chapter 16? Why?
10. Where does Katniss find Peeta? What condition is he in?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)