|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peeta urge Katniss to go easy on the rich food Haymitch has sent them at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 23?
(a) To keep from getting sick.
(b) To make a prettier picture for the sponsors.
(c) To enjoy it more.
(d) To make it last.
2. Why does Katniss decide Haymitch has not send her any water in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) It is against the rules.
(b) He wants her to die.
(c) She is near to finding a source.
(d) She has no sponsors.
3. Who does Katniss think of when she thinks of all the kisses she and Peeta have shared since arriving in the cave?
(d) Her mother.
4. What is remarkable about Peeta's appearance in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) He has a serious cut on his upper thigh.
(b) He has a large number of weapons on his belt.
(c) His face is bruised and he has other injuries.
5. How does Rue react to Katniss' plot to drive the Careers away from her tree in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) She quietly moves away through the trees.
(b) She calls down to warn the Careers.
(c) She climbs out of her tree and runs.
(d) She jumps into Katniss' tree to help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Katniss see with the bow and arrow she so desperately wanted from the Cornucopia?
2. Who is the first to tell Peeta has survived in Part 3, Chapter 26?
3. Where do Katniss and Peeta go to wait for Cato?
4. What trap does Katniss discover Rue has fallen into when she finds her at the end of Part 2, Chapter 17?
5. What does Peeta reveal about his family that takes Katniss by surprise in Part 3, Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katniss find when she goes searching for Rue? How does Katniss react in this situation in Part 2, Chapter 17?
2. What does Peeta tell Katniss that his father once told him about her mother?
3. What item is Katniss in search of during the second day in the games? Why has this become an urgent need for Katniss?
4. What causes Katniss' first real injury in the Hunger Games arena?
5. Why does Katniss believe Cato has found and killed Peeta at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
6. Who does Katniss discover following her after she wakes from the tracker jacker venom? How does this person help Katniss heal her tracker jacker stings?
7. Where does Katniss find Peeta? What condition is he in?
8. How does Peeta suggest Haymitch won his Hunger Games in Part 3, Chapter 23? What has Katniss discovered about her relationship with Haymitch?
9. Who attacks Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 21 as she attempts to retrieve the backpack at the feast? What happens to Katniss' attacker?
10. Who dies in Part 3, Chapter 24? How?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)