|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katniss believe to be her fault in respect to Peeta's injuries?
(a) The loss of his leg from infection.
(b) The loss of his leg from Cato's attack.
(c) The loss of his leg from the mutt bite.
(d) The loss of his leg from the tourniquet.
2. What wakes Katniss in the early hours of the morning at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) The stampeding of animals running from a wall of fire.
(b) A fire ball.
(c) The Careers.
(d) The cannon fire of a tribute's weapon.
3. Where does Clove threaten to begin her mutilation of Katniss as they struggle at the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
(a) The mouth.
(b) The chest.
(c) The cheeks.
(d) The forehead.
4. Why does Katniss camouflage the opening of the cave she has been sharing with Peeta?
(a) To protect him while she is at the feast, especially if she does not return.
(b) To keep the warmth in.
(c) To keep Peeta from wandering away in the middle of the night.
(d) To keep animals out of the cave.
5. What does Katniss reveal in Part 3, Chapter 19 causes her queasiness?
(c) Injured people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peeta signal Katniss where to shoot Cato as Cato holds Peeta in a headlock?
2. What sign does Katniss find on the rocks that tells her she is on the right track in her search for Peeta and Part 3, Chapter 19?
3. What item in the backpack Katniss managed to grab at the Cornucopia does not appear to work properly?
4. What do the cannon signals signify during the Hunger Games?
5. Who finds Katniss as she attempts to reclaim the bow and arrow from Glimmer in Part 2, Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the first to tell Katniss that Peeta has lost his leg? How does she react?
2. What does Katniss find in the backpack when she returns to the cave where Peeta still sleeps? What does she do with it?
3. Who does Katniss discover following her after she wakes from the tracker jacker venom? How does this person help Katniss heal her tracker jacker stings?
4. What does Katniss do in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19 to try to keep the Careers from ambushing her during her search for Peeta?
5. What does Peeta do to annoy Katniss as they begin a hunting trip into the woods? What does Katniss do about it?
6. What does Katniss tell Peeta as they travel home to District Twelve at the end of the novel? How does he feel about this? How does she feel about this?
7. Katniss tells Peeta the story of how she bought Prim's goat for her, but lies about how she got the money. How did she really get the money? Why did she lie?
8. Why does Katniss return to the site of the Careers' camp after the tracker jacker attack? Who helps her escape from Cato?
9. How does Katniss force the Gamemakers to honor their change in the rules of the Hunger Games?
10. What are muttations? Whose voices and eyes do these mutts have?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)