|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is remarkable about Peeta's appearance in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) His face is bruised and he has other injuries.
(b) He has a large number of weapons on his belt.
(d) He has a serious cut on his upper thigh.
2. What song are the mockingjays singing as Katniss and Peeta wait for Cato?
(a) Katniss's lullaby.
(b) Rue's song.
(c) A song Peeta taught them.
(d) The national anthem.
3. Who does Peeta suggest Katniss does not like because they are too much like one another?
(d) Her mother.
4. Who is the first to retrieve a backpack at the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
5. What is nightlock?
(a) A singing bird.
(b) Leaves that cause a rash, like poison oak.
(c) A weapon.
(d) Poisonous berries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss notice the Gamemakers have begun to mess with in Part 3, Chapter 20?
2. What does Katniss do at the end of Part 2, Chapter 13 when the Careers come to rest under the tree in which she is hiding?
3. What is the Cornucopia made of?
4. Where do Katniss and Peeta go to wait for Cato?
5. What are Katniss and Peeta forced to watch during the ceremony to celebrate their win of the Hunger Games?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Katniss when she becomes aware that the Careers have approached her hiding place? Who else does Katniss become aware of in close proximity to her?
2. Why does Katniss have an intimate conversation with Peeta and offer him kisses in Part 3, Chapter 22?
3. Who dies in Part 3, Chapter 24? How?
4. What causes Katniss' first real injury in the Hunger Games arena?
5. Who rigged the explosives around the Career's food that Katniss detonates in Part 2, Chapter 16? Why?
6. Where does Katniss find Peeta? What condition is he in?
7. Katniss tells Peeta the story of how she bought Prim's goat for her, but lies about how she got the money. How did she really get the money? Why did she lie?
8. Who attacks Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 21 as she attempts to retrieve the backpack at the feast? What happens to Katniss' attacker?
9. What does Katniss learn about Peeta on the first night of the games? What does she believe this means about his strategy?
10. What does Katniss find when she goes searching for Rue? How does Katniss react in this situation in Part 2, Chapter 17?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)