|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Katniss and Rue's signal to alert one another that they are still safe?
(a) A jabberjay song.
(b) A four note tune Rue once sang to announce the end of the work day.
(c) A mockingbird song.
(d) A tune Katniss once learned from her father.
2. Why does Haymitch warn Katniss that she must continue to act as though she is madly in love with Peeta?
(a) To protect her from the wrath of the president for threatening suicide by berry.
(b) To protect her family from the media storm about to fall on them.
(c) To protect Peeta's feelings.
(d) To help in Peeta's recovery.
3. What wakes Katniss in the early hours of the morning at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) The cannon fire of a tribute's weapon.
(b) A fire ball.
(c) The stampeding of animals running from a wall of fire.
(d) The Careers.
4. What sign does Katniss find on the rocks that tells her she is on the right track in her search for Peeta and Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) A lean-to near the stream.
(b) A hidden message written in mud.
(d) Blood stains.
5. What is nightlock?
(a) Poisonous berries.
(b) Leaves that cause a rash, like poison oak.
(c) A singing bird.
(d) A weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Katniss hit Clove with an arrow as she attacks in Part 3, Chapter 21?
2. Why is Katniss seeing shining things around objects as she runs into the woods after her attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
3. What part of Katniss's clothing is damaged as she runs from danger in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 13?
4. Where does Katniss wake after her body heals from her own attack on the Careers?
5. When Haymitch sends a vial of medication to Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 20, what does she think it is at first?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peeta not want Katniss to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 20 even though it could mean healing medicine for him? What does Katniss do?
2. How does Peeta suggest Haymitch won his Hunger Games in Part 3, Chapter 23? What has Katniss discovered about her relationship with Haymitch?
3. Why does Katniss believe Cato has found and killed Peeta at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
4. Where is Katniss when she becomes aware that the Careers have approached her hiding place? Who else does Katniss become aware of in close proximity to her?
5. Who attacks Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 21 as she attempts to retrieve the backpack at the feast? What happens to Katniss' attacker?
6. Who dies in Part 3, Chapter 24? How?
7. How does Katniss force the Gamemakers to honor their change in the rules of the Hunger Games?
8. What shocking thing happens in the end of Part 2, Chapter 18 that causes Katniss to possibly give away her location by calling out Peeta's name?
9. What item is Katniss in search of during the second day in the games? Why has this become an urgent need for Katniss?
10. Who does Katniss discover following her after she wakes from the tracker jacker venom? How does this person help Katniss heal her tracker jacker stings?
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)