|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katniss think is her greatest asset as she prepares to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
(a) Her ability to triumph at hand-to-hand combat.
(b) Her ability to kill at a distance.
(c) Her ability to camouflage.
(d) Her ability to run fast.
2. Why does Katniss decide she must find Peeta at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) She heard that Cato injured him.
(b) She does not want to be alone.
(c) To fulfill a promise to Haymitch.
(d) To appease the sponsors and because of the rule change.
3. How does Rue react to Katniss' plot to drive the Careers away from her tree in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) She quietly moves away through the trees.
(b) She jumps into Katniss' tree to help.
(c) She climbs out of her tree and runs.
(d) She calls down to warn the Careers.
4. How does Katniss purify the water she finds at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) With iodine.
(b) With alcohol.
(c) With a purifying machine.
(d) With hydrogen peroxide.
5. Why does Katniss decide Haymitch has not send her any water in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) It is against the rules.
(b) He wants her to die.
(c) She is near to finding a source.
(d) She has no sponsors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Katniss give Rue reassurance that sponsors will soon realize her value in the competition?
2. What does Katniss reveal in Part 3, Chapter 19 causes her queasiness?
3. What does Katniss notice the Gamemakers have begun to mess with in Part 3, Chapter 20?
4. How does Katniss camouflage the opening of the cave she has been sharing with Peeta in Part 3, Chapter 21?
5. What does Katniss believe to be her fault in respect to Peeta's injuries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are muttations? Whose voices and eyes do these mutts have?
2. What does Katniss learn about Peeta on the first night of the games? What does she believe this means about his strategy?
3. What does Katniss do in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19 to try to keep the Careers from ambushing her during her search for Peeta?
4. Who does Katniss discover following her after she wakes from the tracker jacker venom? How does this person help Katniss heal her tracker jacker stings?
5. Who is the first to tell Katniss that Peeta has lost his leg? How does she react?
6. Why does Katniss have an intimate conversation with Peeta and offer him kisses in Part 3, Chapter 22?
7. What causes Katniss' first real injury in the Hunger Games arena?
8. Who rigged the explosives around the Career's food that Katniss detonates in Part 2, Chapter 16? Why?
9. How does Katniss force the Gamemakers to honor their change in the rules of the Hunger Games?
10. What shocking thing happens in the end of Part 2, Chapter 18 that causes Katniss to possibly give away her location by calling out Peeta's name?
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)