|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many tributes are left alive at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 16?
2. How many tributes are left at the end of Part 2, Chapter 18?
3. Who does Katniss see picking through the wreckage of the Careers' supplies in Part 2, Chapter 17?
4. What does Katniss believe to be her fault in respect to Peeta's injuries?
(a) The loss of his leg from the mutt bite.
(b) The loss of his leg from infection.
(c) The loss of his leg from the tourniquet.
(d) The loss of his leg from Cato's attack.
5. What does Katniss think is her greatest asset as she prepares to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
(a) Her ability to camouflage.
(b) Her ability to run fast.
(c) Her ability to kill at a distance.
(d) Her ability to triumph at hand-to-hand combat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What roles do Katniss and Peeta chose for themselves in regards to providing for their continuing survival?
2. What does Katniss see on one of the mutts that makes her realize the mutts are meant to be reincarnations of the dead tributes?
3. What are Katniss and Peeta forced to watch during the ceremony to celebrate their win of the Hunger Games?
4. What is remarkable about Peeta's appearance in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
5. Who does Rue tell Katniss the Careers leave to watch over their food stores by the lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Peeta not want Katniss to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 20 even though it could mean healing medicine for him? What does Katniss do?
2. Why does Katniss have an intimate conversation with Peeta and offer him kisses in Part 3, Chapter 22?
3. What are muttations? Whose voices and eyes do these mutts have?
4. Who is the first to tell Katniss that Peeta has lost his leg? How does she react?
5. What does Katniss learn about Peeta on the first night of the games? What does she believe this means about his strategy?
6. How does Peeta suggest Haymitch won his Hunger Games in Part 3, Chapter 23? What has Katniss discovered about her relationship with Haymitch?
7. Why does Katniss return to the site of the Careers' camp after the tracker jacker attack? Who helps her escape from Cato?
8. How does Katniss force the Gamemakers to honor their change in the rules of the Hunger Games?
9. Who rigged the explosives around the Career's food that Katniss detonates in Part 2, Chapter 16? Why?
10. What does Katniss find in the backpack when she returns to the cave where Peeta still sleeps? What does she do with it?
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)