|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Haymitch sends a vial of medication to Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 20, what does she think it is at first?
(a) Medication to save Peeta's life.
(b) Medication to draw out more of the infection in Peeta's leg.
(c) Medication to treat Peeta's tracker jacker stings.
(d) Medication to increase Peeta's waning appetite.
2. What item does Katniss tell Rue in Part 2, Chapter 16 that she plans to steal from the Careers' supplies?
(b) A sleeping bag.
3. Where does Clove threaten to begin her mutilation of Katniss as they struggle at the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
(a) The forehead.
(b) The mouth.
(c) The chest.
(d) The cheeks.
4. What are Katniss and Peeta forced to watch during the ceremony to celebrate their win of the Hunger Games?
(a) A recap of their rescue from the arena.
(b) A speech by the president.
(c) A recap of the entire games.
(d) A recap of all the deaths suffered at their hands.
5. What do the cannon signals signify during the Hunger Games?
(a) A change in rules.
(b) A death.
(c) A natural disaster approaching.
(d) The beginning and end of the day's fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign does Katniss find on the rocks that tells her she is on the right track in her search for Peeta and Part 3, Chapter 19?
2. How many tributes are left at the end of Part 2, Chapter 18?
3. What does Katniss believe has caused the natural disaster that settles in the arena in Part 2, Chapter 13?
4. Why does Katniss tell Peeta the story of how she got Prim's goat in Part 3, Chapter 20?
5. Who does Katniss see picking through the wreckage of the Careers' supplies in Part 2, Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Katniss have an intimate conversation with Peeta and offer him kisses in Part 3, Chapter 22?
2. Who is the first to tell Katniss that Peeta has lost his leg? How does she react?
3. What does Katniss tell Peeta as they travel home to District Twelve at the end of the novel? How does he feel about this? How does she feel about this?
4. Who does Katniss discover following her after she wakes from the tracker jacker venom? How does this person help Katniss heal her tracker jacker stings?
5. What does Katniss find when she goes searching for Rue? How does Katniss react in this situation in Part 2, Chapter 17?
6. What does Rue point out to Katniss at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 14? What does she do with this item?
7. Why does Katniss return to the site of the Careers' camp after the tracker jacker attack? Who helps her escape from Cato?
8. What does Katniss learn about Peeta on the first night of the games? What does she believe this means about his strategy?
9. What causes Katniss' first real injury in the Hunger Games arena?
10. Who rigged the explosives around the Career's food that Katniss detonates in Part 2, Chapter 16? Why?
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)