|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the cannon signals signify during the Hunger Games?
(a) The beginning and end of the day's fight.
(b) A change in rules.
(c) A death.
(d) A natural disaster approaching.
2. What does Katniss notice the Gamemakers have begun to mess with in Part 3, Chapter 20?
(a) The temperature of the arena.
(b) The animals living in the arena.
(c) The duration of the day in the arena.
(d) The light in the arena.
3. Where does Cato run for protection at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
(a) The woods.
(b) The lake.
(c) A small shelter built near the lake.
(d) The Cornucopia.
4. How does Katniss leach the infection from Peeta's leg wound in Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) The leaves Rue showed her to use.
(b) She wraps it with tree bark.
(c) She uses medicine Haymitch sent.
(d) She presses on it.
5. What is the one thing Rue tells Katniss she loves most in the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Katniss unhappy with the rocky terrain her search for Peeta takes her?
2. What does Katniss' first parachute bring her?
3. How does Peeta signal Katniss where to shoot Cato as Cato holds Peeta in a headlock?
4. Why does Katniss decide Haymitch has not send her any water in Part 2, Chapter 12?
5. Who do Peeta and Katniss make fun of in Part 3, Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Katniss' first real injury in the Hunger Games arena?
2. What does Rue point out to Katniss at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 14? What does she do with this item?
3. How do the Careers react to the loss of their food? What does Katniss do in the aftermath of the explosion?
4. What does Katniss find in the backpack when she returns to the cave where Peeta still sleeps? What does she do with it?
5. What does Katniss tell Peeta as they travel home to District Twelve at the end of the novel? How does he feel about this? How does she feel about this?
6. What item is Katniss in search of during the second day in the games? Why has this become an urgent need for Katniss?
7. Why does Katniss return to the site of the Careers' camp after the tracker jacker attack? Who helps her escape from Cato?
8. What shocking thing happens in the end of Part 2, Chapter 18 that causes Katniss to possibly give away her location by calling out Peeta's name?
9. What are muttations? Whose voices and eyes do these mutts have?
10. What does Katniss find when she goes searching for Rue? How does Katniss react in this situation in Part 2, Chapter 17?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)