|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the silver parachutes in the Hunger Games?
(a) They are gifts from sponsors.
(b) They are secret maps of the arena from the mentors.
(c) They are secret messages from the mentors to the tribute.
(d) They are bombs from the Gamemakers.
2. Why does Peeta urge Katniss to go easy on the rich food Haymitch has sent them at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 23?
(a) To make it last.
(b) To enjoy it more.
(c) To keep from getting sick.
(d) To make a prettier picture for the sponsors.
3. How many tributes are left alive at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 16?
4. Why does Haymitch warn Katniss that she must continue to act as though she is madly in love with Peeta?
(a) To help in Peeta's recovery.
(b) To protect her family from the media storm about to fall on them.
(c) To protect Peeta's feelings.
(d) To protect her from the wrath of the president for threatening suicide by berry.
5. Who rescues Peeta as a mutt tries to pull him down from the Cornucopia in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 25?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss notice the Gamemakers have begun to mess with in Part 3, Chapter 20?
2. Who do Peeta and Katniss make fun of in Part 3, Chapter 23?
3. What does Katniss believe has caused the natural disaster that settles in the arena in Part 2, Chapter 13?
4. Where does Cato run for protection at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
5. What does Katniss think is her greatest asset as she prepares to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Katniss when she becomes aware that the Careers have approached her hiding place? Who else does Katniss become aware of in close proximity to her?
2. Who dies in Part 3, Chapter 24? How?
3. What does Katniss learn about Peeta on the first night of the games? What does she believe this means about his strategy?
4. Who attacks Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 21 as she attempts to retrieve the backpack at the feast? What happens to Katniss' attacker?
5. How does Katniss force the Gamemakers to honor their change in the rules of the Hunger Games?
6. What does Peeta do to annoy Katniss as they begin a hunting trip into the woods? What does Katniss do about it?
7. What are muttations? Whose voices and eyes do these mutts have?
8. How does Peeta suggest Haymitch won his Hunger Games in Part 3, Chapter 23? What has Katniss discovered about her relationship with Haymitch?
9. Why does Peeta not want Katniss to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 20 even though it could mean healing medicine for him? What does Katniss do?
10. What does Katniss do in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19 to try to keep the Careers from ambushing her during her search for Peeta?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)