|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Katniss's clothing is damaged as she runs from danger in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) Her shirt.
(b) Her jacket.
(c) Her skirt.
(d) Her pants.
2. Who do Peeta and Katniss make fun of in Part 3, Chapter 23?
(a) President Snow.
3. How does Katniss clean Peeta off after she finds him in Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) She rolls him in the stream.
(b) She uses soap sent to her by a sponsor.
(c) She does not.
(d) She strips him naked and leaves his clothes on the rocks.
4. Who does Katniss see with the bow and arrow she so desperately wanted from the Cornucopia?
5. What does Katniss reveal in Part 3, Chapter 19 causes her queasiness?
(b) Injured people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Haymitch send Katniss the first night after she finds Peeta and hides in a cave?
2. Which of the remaining tributes in Part 3, Chapter 22 does Katniss suggest she and Peeta might have liked back in District Twelve?
3. What does Peeta reveal about his family that takes Katniss by surprise in Part 3, Chapter 23?
4. Who is the first to tell Peeta has survived in Part 3, Chapter 26?
5. What does Katniss think is her greatest asset as she prepares to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katniss learn about Peeta on the first night of the games? What does she believe this means about his strategy?
2. What does Peeta do to annoy Katniss as they begin a hunting trip into the woods? What does Katniss do about it?
3. What item is Katniss in search of during the second day in the games? Why has this become an urgent need for Katniss?
4. Where does Katniss find Peeta? What condition is he in?
5. What does Katniss find when she goes searching for Rue? How does Katniss react in this situation in Part 2, Chapter 17?
6. Who is the first to tell Katniss that Peeta has lost his leg? How does she react?
7. What causes Katniss' first real injury in the Hunger Games arena?
8. How do the Careers react to the loss of their food? What does Katniss do in the aftermath of the explosion?
9. What does Katniss tell Peeta as they travel home to District Twelve at the end of the novel? How does he feel about this? How does she feel about this?
10. Why does Peeta not want Katniss to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 20 even though it could mean healing medicine for him? What does Katniss do?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)