|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does Katniss mix the medication she feeds to Peeta?
(d) Sugar berries.
2. Who does Katniss think of when she thinks of all the kisses she and Peeta have shared since arriving in the cave?
(d) Her mother.
3. Who does Rue tell Katniss the Careers leave to watch over their food stores by the lake?
(a) A girl from District Three.
(b) A boy from District Ten.
(c) A boy from District Three.
(d) A girl from District Ten.
4. What are tracker jackers?
(a) Government manufactured wasps.
(b) A poisonous bird.
(c) A type of tracking device.
(d) Deadly popcorn treat.
5. What was Katniss and Rue's signal to alert one another that they are still safe?
(a) A mockingbird song.
(b) A jabberjay song.
(c) A four note tune Rue once sang to announce the end of the work day.
(d) A tune Katniss once learned from her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss believe has caused the natural disaster that settles in the arena in Part 2, Chapter 13?
2. Where does Cato run for protection at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
3. What does Katniss reveal in Part 3, Chapter 19 causes her queasiness?
4. Who is killed in Katniss' silent attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
5. What is the significance of the silver parachutes in the Hunger Games?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Katniss find Peeta? What condition is he in?
2. Who does Katniss discover following her after she wakes from the tracker jacker venom? How does this person help Katniss heal her tracker jacker stings?
3. Why does Katniss have an intimate conversation with Peeta and offer him kisses in Part 3, Chapter 22?
4. What does Katniss learn about Peeta on the first night of the games? What does she believe this means about his strategy?
5. Why does Katniss return to the site of the Careers' camp after the tracker jacker attack? Who helps her escape from Cato?
6. Why does Peeta not want Katniss to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 20 even though it could mean healing medicine for him? What does Katniss do?
7. What does Katniss find when she goes searching for Rue? How does Katniss react in this situation in Part 2, Chapter 17?
8. Where is Katniss when she becomes aware that the Careers have approached her hiding place? Who else does Katniss become aware of in close proximity to her?
9. Why does Katniss believe Cato has found and killed Peeta at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
10. What shocking thing happens in the end of Part 2, Chapter 18 that causes Katniss to possibly give away her location by calling out Peeta's name?
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)