|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Katniss unconscious after her attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) Several days.
(b) A month.
(c) Several hours.
(d) Several weeks.
2. Why does Katniss decide Haymitch has not send her any water in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) She has no sponsors.
(b) She is near to finding a source.
(c) It is against the rules.
(d) He wants her to die.
3. What wakes Katniss in the early hours of the morning at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) The Careers.
(b) The cannon fire of a tribute's weapon.
(c) A fire ball.
(d) The stampeding of animals running from a wall of fire.
4. What does Katniss' first parachute bring her?
(a) A map back to the Cornucopia.
(b) Burn medicine.
(c) Instructions on how to cut down a tree branch.
(d) A lethal gas bomb to use on the Careers.
5. Why does Katniss decide she must find Peeta at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) To fulfill a promise to Haymitch.
(b) She heard that Cato injured him.
(c) To appease the sponsors and because of the rule change.
(d) She does not want to be alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Cornucopia made of?
2. Who is the first to retrieve a backpack at the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
3. When Haymitch sends a vial of medication to Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 20, what does she think it is at first?
4. What roles do Katniss and Peeta chose for themselves in regards to providing for their continuing survival?
5. What is nightlock?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katniss tell Peeta as they travel home to District Twelve at the end of the novel? How does he feel about this? How does she feel about this?
2. What does Katniss find in the backpack when she returns to the cave where Peeta still sleeps? What does she do with it?
3. What item is Katniss in search of during the second day in the games? Why has this become an urgent need for Katniss?
4. What does Peeta do to annoy Katniss as they begin a hunting trip into the woods? What does Katniss do about it?
5. Who rigged the explosives around the Career's food that Katniss detonates in Part 2, Chapter 16? Why?
6. What does Katniss decide to do about Rue? What plan does she come up with to take the advantage from the Careers?
7. Why does Katniss believe Cato has found and killed Peeta at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
8. Who dies in Part 3, Chapter 24? How?
9. Who attacks Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 21 as she attempts to retrieve the backpack at the feast? What happens to Katniss' attacker?
10. Katniss tells Peeta the story of how she bought Prim's goat for her, but lies about how she got the money. How did she really get the money? Why did she lie?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)