|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Katniss and Peeta go to wait for Cato?
(a) The woods.
(b) Their cave.
(c) The lake.
(d) The pond.
2. Who does Katniss see picking through the wreckage of the Careers' supplies in Part 2, Chapter 17?
3. How does Katniss clean Peeta off after she finds him in Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) She uses soap sent to her by a sponsor.
(b) She does not.
(c) She rolls him in the stream.
(d) She strips him naked and leaves his clothes on the rocks.
4. How does Katniss know a hovercraft is about to approach the arena during the games?
(a) A low hum fills the area.
(b) The Games' announcer tells everyone.
(c) A warning trumpet is played.
(d) The birds stop singing and one gives a warning call.
5. In what does Katniss mix the medication she feeds to Peeta?
(b) Sugar berries.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katniss leach the infection from Peeta's leg wound in Part 3, Chapter 19?
2. Who do Peeta and Katniss make fun of in Part 3, Chapter 23?
3. Where does Katniss hit Clove with an arrow as she attacks in Part 3, Chapter 21?
4. How does Peeta signal Katniss where to shoot Cato as Cato holds Peeta in a headlock?
5. How many tributes are left at the end of Part 2, Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Katniss force the Gamemakers to honor their change in the rules of the Hunger Games?
2. Who is the first to tell Katniss that Peeta has lost his leg? How does she react?
3. How do the Careers react to the loss of their food? What does Katniss do in the aftermath of the explosion?
4. What does Katniss do in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19 to try to keep the Careers from ambushing her during her search for Peeta?
5. What shocking thing happens in the end of Part 2, Chapter 18 that causes Katniss to possibly give away her location by calling out Peeta's name?
6. Who does Katniss discover following her after she wakes from the tracker jacker venom? How does this person help Katniss heal her tracker jacker stings?
7. Who attacks Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 21 as she attempts to retrieve the backpack at the feast? What happens to Katniss' attacker?
8. What causes Katniss' first real injury in the Hunger Games arena?
9. What does Katniss tell Peeta as they travel home to District Twelve at the end of the novel? How does he feel about this? How does she feel about this?
10. Why does Katniss return to the site of the Careers' camp after the tracker jacker attack? Who helps her escape from Cato?
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)