|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peeta signal Katniss where to shoot Cato as Cato holds Peeta in a headlock?
(a) He signals with his eyes.
(b) He marks an x on Cato's hand.
(c) He makes a hand gesture Katniss recognizes.
(d) He jerks in the hope that Katniss will know to fire at the right moment.
2. Why is Katniss unhappy with the rocky terrain her search for Peeta takes her?
(a) She knows she needs shelter when it gets dark.
(b) She knows she cannot fight Cato or Thresh there.
(c) She cannot hunt there.
(d) She cannot leave tracks to follow back to her camp.
3. Who does Katniss see picking through the wreckage of the Careers' supplies in Part 2, Chapter 17?
4. Who is killed in Katniss' silent attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) Glimmer and the girl from District Four.
(b) The boy from District Three and Rue.
(c) Glimmer and Cato.
(d) Clove and Cato.
5. What sign does Katniss find on the rocks that tells her she is on the right track in her search for Peeta and Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) Blood stains.
(c) A hidden message written in mud.
(d) A lean-to near the stream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sneaks Katniss a roll at dinner in Part 3, Chapter 26?
2. Where do the mutts take Cato at the end of Part 3, Chapter 25?
3. What does Katniss see on one of the mutts that makes her realize the mutts are meant to be reincarnations of the dead tributes?
4. What does Katniss believe has caused the natural disaster that settles in the arena in Part 2, Chapter 13?
5. What does Katniss sing to Rue as she lies dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peeta tell Katniss that his father once told him about her mother?
2. What causes Katniss' first real injury in the Hunger Games arena?
3. Who dies in Part 3, Chapter 24? How?
4. What are muttations? Whose voices and eyes do these mutts have?
5. Why does Peeta not want Katniss to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 20 even though it could mean healing medicine for him? What does Katniss do?
6. What does Katniss find in the backpack when she returns to the cave where Peeta still sleeps? What does she do with it?
7. What does Katniss do in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19 to try to keep the Careers from ambushing her during her search for Peeta?
8. What does Katniss learn about Peeta on the first night of the games? What does she believe this means about his strategy?
9. Why does Katniss believe Cato has found and killed Peeta at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
10. Why does Katniss return to the site of the Careers' camp after the tracker jacker attack? Who helps her escape from Cato?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)