|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many tributes are left at the end of Part 2, Chapter 18?
2. Where does Katniss find the supplies that once filled the Cornucopia?
(a) Hidden in a cave.
(b) In the woods.
(c) Hidden in a hole near the Careers' camp.
(d) In a pyramid next to the lake.
3. Why is Katniss unhappy with the rocky terrain her search for Peeta takes her?
(a) She cannot leave tracks to follow back to her camp.
(b) She cannot hunt there.
(c) She knows she cannot fight Cato or Thresh there.
(d) She knows she needs shelter when it gets dark.
4. What item does Katniss tell Rue in Part 2, Chapter 16 that she plans to steal from the Careers' supplies?
(c) A sleeping bag.
5. What does Katniss do at the end of Part 2, Chapter 13 when the Careers come to rest under the tree in which she is hiding?
(a) She lies quietly and waits for them to leave.
(b) She jumps into another tree.
(c) She calls down to them and reveals her position.
(d) She shoots arrows down at them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Katniss wake after her body heals from her own attack on the Careers?
2. What does Peeta reveal about his family that takes Katniss by surprise in Part 3, Chapter 23?
3. How does Katniss purify the water she finds at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
4. How does Katniss leach the infection from Peeta's leg wound in Part 3, Chapter 19?
5. How does Katniss treat her wounds after the natural disaster that strikes the arena?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Katniss when she becomes aware that the Careers have approached her hiding place? Who else does Katniss become aware of in close proximity to her?
2. How does Katniss force the Gamemakers to honor their change in the rules of the Hunger Games?
3. Who rigged the explosives around the Career's food that Katniss detonates in Part 2, Chapter 16? Why?
4. Who attacks Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 21 as she attempts to retrieve the backpack at the feast? What happens to Katniss' attacker?
5. Who dies in Part 3, Chapter 24? How?
6. What item is Katniss in search of during the second day in the games? Why has this become an urgent need for Katniss?
7. How do the Careers react to the loss of their food? What does Katniss do in the aftermath of the explosion?
8. Why does Katniss return to the site of the Careers' camp after the tracker jacker attack? Who helps her escape from Cato?
9. What does Rue point out to Katniss at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 14? What does she do with this item?
10. What causes Katniss' first real injury in the Hunger Games arena?
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)