|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
(a) He is excited by the situation.
(b) It never hurts to be nice.
(c) One might be rich and willing to sponsor him.
(d) It might intimidate the other tributes.
2. What can Prim sell that will help she and her mother survive?
(a) Herbs and spices.
(c) Fresh meat.
(d) Goat milk and cheese.
3. What business has Katniss' mother begun running from their home?
(a) A cleaning service.
(b) A bakery.
(c) An apothecary business.
(d) A butcher's business.
4. What reaction does Katniss get when she shoots an arrow through the apple in the mouth of a roast pig?
(d) Astonishment and disbelief.
5. What does Katniss notice is different about the bow in the training room than the ones she uses at home?
(a) The string is tighter.
(b) The feathers are the wrong type.
(c) The arrows are not as straight.
(d) The wood is too soft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
2. What is Katniss' design team doing to her as Part 1, Chapter 5 begins?
3. What mode of transportation does Katniss ride after the opening ceremonies that she would like to ride again but feels it might be childish?
4. Why is Katniss drawn in by Rue, the girl from District Eleven?
5. What does reaping mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shocking thing happens in the end of Part 2, Chapter 18 that causes Katniss to possibly give away her location by calling out Peeta's name?
2. Why does Katniss fear leaving her sister with her mother? What does Katniss say to her mother to keep her from letting Prim down?
3. Why does Peeta not want Katniss to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 20 even though it could mean healing medicine for him? What does Katniss do?
4. What does Katniss decide to do about Rue? What plan does she come up with to take the advantage from the Careers?
5. What parts of the interview process does Effie teach Katniss? What parts of the interview process does Haymitch teach Katniss?
6. How does Katniss force the Gamemakers to honor their change in the rules of the Hunger Games?
7. Who attacks Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 21 as she attempts to retrieve the backpack at the feast? What happens to Katniss' attacker?
8. What does Peeta reveal about himself when he and Katniss go to the camouflage table during training? What memory does this bring to the forefront of Katniss' mind?
9. Katniss tells Peeta the story of how she bought Prim's goat for her, but lies about how she got the money. How did she really get the money? Why did she lie?
10. How does Haymitch instruct Peeta and Katniss to behave in public? What does Peeta think of this strategy?
This section contains 1,243 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)