|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Gale recommend Katniss get as soon as she can in the Hunger Games' arena?
(d) Bow and arrow.
2. What is Panem?
(a) The hotel where Katniss lives.
(b) The ocean near where Katniss lives.
(c) The country where Katniss lives.
(d) The town where Katniss lives.
3. Why does Katniss wake early the first morning in the training center?
(a) She is excited to begin training.
(b) She has had nightmares.
(c) She is anxious to begin the games.
(d) She is homesick.
4. What is the Hob?
(a) The woods near District Twelve.
(b) The section of District Twelve where the blue collar workers live.
(c) The section of District Twelve where Katniss lives.
(d) An illegal black market in District Twelve.
5. What score does Katniss get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which other tribute does Katniss take special notice of while watching the reapings from the other districts?
2. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
3. What does reaping mean?
4. What reaction does Katniss get when she shoots an arrow through the apple in the mouth of a roast pig?
5. What is a Peacekeeper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a dandelion represent to Katniss when she was eleven and starving to death? How did Katniss feed her family until she was able to file for tesserae several months later?
2. Why does Katniss become angry with Peeta after his announcement at the end of Part 2, Chapter 9? How does she react to Peeta alone?
3. What is unusual about the childhood of Katniss' mother? How does this connect Peeta and Katniss?
4. Why does Katniss grow angry with the Gamemakers during the individual exhibition of skills? What does she do about it?
5. What happened to Katniss and Gale's fathers? Why are they now the providers in their separate families?
6. What metaphor does Effie try to make to encourage Peeta and Katniss that they will do well in the Hunger Games? What is wrong with her metaphor?
7. How does Haymitch instruct Peeta and Katniss to behave in public? What does Peeta think of this strategy?
8. What is a mockingjay? What is Katniss' personal connection to the mockingjays?
9. Who is Katniss afraid will be called to go to the Hunger Games? Who actually is called? How does Katniss react?
10. Where do Peeta and Katniss meet the first night in the training center? What do they talk about?
This section contains 1,237 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)