|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times is Gale entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
2. What happens if a tribute steps off of their platform too early?
(a) They are imprisoned and sentenced to death.
(b) They are taken out of the game.
(c) They are given a time penalty.
(d) A land mine is detonated.
3. Who is on board the train with the tributes from District Twelve whose job it is to care for them?
(a) Workers from the Capitol.
(b) Workers from District Twelve.
(c) Workers from the train company.
(d) Workers from District Two.
4. What score does Katniss get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
5. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
(a) Adds flowers.
(b) Rips them away.
(c) Lights them on fire with synthetic fire.
(d) Removes the headpieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katniss refuse to cry in Part 1, Chapter 3 even as she leaves her family and home behind her?
2. What is one of the distinct elements of fashion in the Capitol that Katniss notes among her design team?
3. What does Haymitch instruct Peeta and Katniss to do as they enter the interview area?
4. What does Haymitch say about Peeta's announcement at the end of the interviews?
5. What does Katniss wonder if the Avox will enjoy?
Short Essay Questions
1. During dinner, Katniss sees one of the servants who has been assigned to their floor and believes she knows her. However, the girl cannot speak. What is an Avox? How does Katniss know this Avox?
2. What does Katniss decide to do about Rue? What plan does she come up with to take the advantage from the Careers?
3. How many tributes are killed on the first day of the games? How many remain?
4. What illness does Haymitch suffer? How does Effie Trinket feel about Haymitch? What warning does Effie issue to Peeta and Katniss regarding Haymitch at the end of part 1, Chapter 3?
5. Who is Katniss afraid will be called to go to the Hunger Games? Who actually is called? How does Katniss react?
6. What happened to Katniss and Gale's fathers? Why are they now the providers in their separate families?
7. What does Katniss do in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19 to try to keep the Careers from ambushing her during her search for Peeta?
8. Why does Katniss have an intimate conversation with Peeta and offer him kisses in Part 3, Chapter 22?
9. What are muttations? Whose voices and eyes do these mutts have?
10. How does Peeta suggest Haymitch won his Hunger Games in Part 3, Chapter 23? What has Katniss discovered about her relationship with Haymitch?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)