|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the ladder that lifts Katniss into the hovercraft that will take her to the Hunger Games arena?
(a) It has a force field that keeps her stuck on.
(b) It is too slick to hold on.
(c) It is too short to lift Katniss into the craft.
(d) It is made of gold.
2. What gadgets in her bedroom in Part 1, Chapter 6 impress Katniss on her first night there?
(a) The television.
(b) The shower options and the hair untangler, brusher.
(c) The radio.
(d) The game consol.
3. What is Peeta's one fear the night before going into the Hunger Games?
(a) His family will suffer after his death.
(b) Katniss will die.
(c) He will die.
(d) He might disgrace himself or change into someone he is not.
4. What target does Katniss hit with her arrow during the individual demonstration that causes a shower of sparks to fall on the floor?
(a) A fire cracker.
(b) A light fixture.
(c) An explosives demonstration station.
(d) An open electrical outlet.
5. Who is the only person allowed to be with Katniss as she waits to be transported into the Hunger Games arena?
(a) The Avox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is placed into Katniss' forearm before she leaves the training center?
2. What one talent does Peeta have that Katniss feels he might be able to use in the arena?
3. What animal is said to live in the woods outside District Twelve that makes the fence necessary and keeps many from going into the woods?
4. What score does Katniss get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
5. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Haymitch dealt with Katniss and Peeta's training up until Part 1, Chapter 8? What suddenly changes at the end of Part 1, Chapter 8?
2. What happened to Katniss and Gale's fathers? Why are they now the providers in their separate families?
3. What parts of the interview process does Effie teach Katniss? What parts of the interview process does Haymitch teach Katniss?
4. What are the Hunger Games? How did they come about?
5. Who is Katniss afraid will be called to go to the Hunger Games? Who actually is called? How does Katniss react?
6. What surprise visitors does Katniss get in the hour before she is due to leave for the Hunger Games? What reason do these people give for visiting her?
7. What does Peeta reveal about himself when he and Katniss go to the camouflage table during training? What memory does this bring to the forefront of Katniss' mind?
8. What event is about to take place in District Twelve at the beginning of the book? Why does the entire town show up for this event?
9. What confession does Peeta make at the end of the interviews that causes shock and surprise in everyone?
10. Who told Katniss not to go to the Cornucopia at the beginning of the games? Why does Katniss think this was bad advice? What distracts Katniss from taking all she had wanted from the Cornucopia?
This section contains 1,258 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)