|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cinna?
(a) Katniss' tutor.
(b) Katniss' cousin.
(c) Katniss' hairdresser.
(d) Katniss' stylist.
2. What reaction does Katniss get when she shoots an arrow through the apple in the mouth of a roast pig?
(c) Astonishment and disbelief.
3. What is one of the distinct elements of fashion in the Capitol that Katniss notes among her design team?
(a) Wearing odd combinations of clothing.
(b) Wearing tight clothing.
(c) Coloring one's nails unfortunate colors.
(d) Coloring one's hair and skin bright colors.
4. How does the crowd react as Katniss and Peeta enter the city during the procession?
(a) They scream their names and cheer.
(b) They ignore them.
(c) They boo.
(d) They laugh.
5. What does reaping mean?
(a) To steal.
(b) To gather.
(c) To harvest.
(d) To take.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person allowed to be with Katniss as she waits to be transported into the Hunger Games arena?
2. Who does Peeta think Gale is to Katniss in Part 1, Chapter 6?
3. Who is in Katniss' room when she returns from talking to Peeta on the roof?
4. What happens if a tribute steps off of their platform too early?
5. Who tells Katniss to focus on him during the interview to help her feel more comfortable?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Haymitch dealt with Katniss and Peeta's training up until Part 1, Chapter 8? What suddenly changes at the end of Part 1, Chapter 8?
2. During dinner, Katniss sees one of the servants who has been assigned to their floor and believes she knows her. However, the girl cannot speak. What is an Avox? How does Katniss know this Avox?
3. Why does Katniss give Peeta a kiss after the opening ceremonies? What does Katniss think Peeta is up to with his multiple compliments?
4. What does Katniss think of Cinna when she first meets him? What does Cinna tell her about himself at their initial meeting?
5. Who is Katniss afraid will be called to go to the Hunger Games? Who actually is called? How does Katniss react?
6. Where do Peeta and Katniss meet the first night in the training center? What do they talk about?
7. What is unusual about the childhood of Katniss' mother? How does this connect Peeta and Katniss?
8. Why does Haymitch punch Peeta in the face? Why does Haymitch tell Peeta he should allow a bruise to form and show on his face?
9. What does Peeta reveal about himself when he and Katniss go to the camouflage table during training? What memory does this bring to the forefront of Katniss' mind?
10. Katniss tells the reader in Part 1, Chapter 8 how she met Gale. How did they meet? What did Gale teach Katniss about hunting?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)