|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What target does Katniss hit with her arrow during the individual demonstration that causes a shower of sparks to fall on the floor?
(a) An open electrical outlet.
(b) A light fixture.
(c) A fire cracker.
(d) An explosives demonstration station.
2. What is one of the distinct elements of fashion in the Capitol that Katniss notes among her design team?
(a) Coloring one's nails unfortunate colors.
(b) Wearing tight clothing.
(c) Coloring one's hair and skin bright colors.
(d) Wearing odd combinations of clothing.
3. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
(a) Removes the headpieces.
(b) Lights them on fire with synthetic fire.
(c) Rips them away.
(d) Adds flowers.
4. What is the only aspect of Katniss' appearance that her design team approves of?
(a) Her strong, clean nails.
(b) Her classic roman features.
(c) Her hairstyle that her mother created with multiple braids.
(d) Her thin, supple body.
5. Why does Katniss wake early the first morning in the training center?
(a) She is anxious to begin the games.
(b) She has had nightmares.
(c) She is homesick.
(d) She is excited to begin training.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business has Katniss' mother begun running from their home?
2. What does Haymitch consider a rebellion about Peeta and Katniss' actions in the opening ceremonies?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 8, what is Katniss's reaction to her own actions during the individual demonstrations for the Gamemakers?
4. What gadgets in her bedroom in Part 1, Chapter 6 impress Katniss on her first night there?
5. What can Prim sell that will help she and her mother survive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Haymitch instruct Peeta and Katniss to behave in public? What does Peeta think of this strategy?
2. What does Peeta reveal about himself when he and Katniss go to the camouflage table during training? What memory does this bring to the forefront of Katniss' mind?
3. What is a mockingjay? What is Katniss' personal connection to the mockingjays?
4. During dinner, Katniss sees one of the servants who has been assigned to their floor and believes she knows her. However, the girl cannot speak. What is an Avox? How does Katniss know this Avox?
5. Why does Katniss become angry with Peeta after his announcement at the end of Part 2, Chapter 9? How does she react to Peeta alone?
6. What parts of the interview process does Effie teach Katniss? What parts of the interview process does Haymitch teach Katniss?
7. What confession does Peeta make at the end of the interviews that causes shock and surprise in everyone?
8. What symbol does Cinna chose to use to reflect the main industry in District Twelve, coal? What does Cinna call Katniss as he describes the outfit he has chosen for her to wear during the opening ceremony?
9. What skill does Peeta talk up about Katniss to Haymitch? How does Katniss respond to this praise?
10. What happened to Katniss and Gale's fathers? Why are they now the providers in their separate families?
This section contains 1,263 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)