|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Peeta do in his individual demonstration for the Gamemakers?
(a) He painted a picture on the floor.
(b) He threw knives.
(c) He wrestled an Avox.
(d) He threw around some heavy objects.
2. How long are the tributes forced to stand on their platforms before rushing to gather supplies at the Cornucopia at the start of the games?
(a) Sixty seconds.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Thirty seconds.
3. What is in the trees growing in the roof garden on the training center?
(a) Bird feeders.
(c) Wind chimes.
(d) Tracker jacker nests.
4. What can Prim sell that will help she and her mother survive?
(b) Goat milk and cheese.
(c) Fresh meat.
(d) Herbs and spices.
5. Who is on board the train with the tributes from District Twelve whose job it is to care for them?
(a) Workers from the train company.
(b) Workers from District Two.
(c) Workers from the Capitol.
(d) Workers from District Twelve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Katniss have hidden in the woods which she uses to hunt with?
2. What weapon does Gale recommend Katniss get as soon as she can in the Hunger Games' arena?
3. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
4. Where are the training rooms located in the training center?
5. What was the name of the place where Panem rose out of the ashes into existence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Katniss afraid will be called to go to the Hunger Games? Who actually is called? How does Katniss react?
2. What symbol does Cinna chose to use to reflect the main industry in District Twelve, coal? What does Cinna call Katniss as he describes the outfit he has chosen for her to wear during the opening ceremony?
3. What is unusual about the childhood of Katniss' mother? How does this connect Peeta and Katniss?
4. What point of view does the author use to write this novel? From whose point of view is the novel told?
5. How has Haymitch dealt with Katniss and Peeta's training up until Part 1, Chapter 8? What suddenly changes at the end of Part 1, Chapter 8?
6. How is Katniss and the other tributes prepared and entered into the arena at the start of the games?
7. What illness does Haymitch suffer? How does Effie Trinket feel about Haymitch? What warning does Effie issue to Peeta and Katniss regarding Haymitch at the end of part 1, Chapter 3?
8. What confession does Peeta make at the end of the interviews that causes shock and surprise in everyone?
9. What parts of the interview process does Effie teach Katniss? What parts of the interview process does Haymitch teach Katniss?
10. Why does Katniss give Peeta a kiss after the opening ceremonies? What does Katniss think Peeta is up to with his multiple compliments?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)