|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katniss think of Peeta's actions?
(a) Peeta is in love with the notoriety he has just gained as a tribute.
(b) Peeta is fighting hard to live, which means he is fighting hard to kill her.
(c) Peeta is honestly a good guy.
(d) Peeta is devious and is trying to trick her into friendship.
2. What is one of the distinct elements of fashion in the Capitol that Katniss notes among her design team?
(a) Wearing odd combinations of clothing.
(b) Wearing tight clothing.
(c) Coloring one's hair and skin bright colors.
(d) Coloring one's nails unfortunate colors.
3. What causes the death of another tribute within site of Katniss' hidden sleeping position in a tree the first night of the Hunger Games?
(a) She commits suicide out of homesickness.
(b) She panics and announces her presence to the Careers.
(c) She runs into a bear.
(d) She lights a fire in the open.
4. Why does Katniss believe she can get a weapon and some supplies from the Cornucopia despite Haymitch's advice to ignore the Cornucopia?
(a) The others are distracted by the announcer's voice.
(b) The others are distracted by checking out the area around them.
(c) She can run faster than most of the other tributes.
(d) She is the only one who can use the bow and arrow.
5. What does Katniss throw out the window of the train?
(a) The pin Madge gave her.
(b) A dress her mother gave her.
(c) The cookies the baker gave her.
(d) A tape of the reaping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening in the streets of the Capitol the night before the Hunger Games are to begin?
2. Who tells Katniss to focus on him during the interview to help her feel more comfortable?
3. What is Katniss' design team doing to her as Part 1, Chapter 5 begins?
4. Who is Atala?
5. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a dandelion represent to Katniss when she was eleven and starving to death? How did Katniss feed her family until she was able to file for tesserae several months later?
2. What skill does Peeta talk up about Katniss to Haymitch? How does Katniss respond to this praise?
3. Why does Katniss give Peeta a kiss after the opening ceremonies? What does Katniss think Peeta is up to with his multiple compliments?
4. Why does Katniss fear leaving her sister with her mother? What does Katniss say to her mother to keep her from letting Prim down?
5. What is unusual about the childhood of Katniss' mother? How does this connect Peeta and Katniss?
6. What is a mockingjay? What is Katniss' personal connection to the mockingjays?
7. How is Katniss and the other tributes prepared and entered into the arena at the start of the games?
8. What confession does Peeta make at the end of the interviews that causes shock and surprise in everyone?
9. How has Haymitch dealt with Katniss and Peeta's training up until Part 1, Chapter 8? What suddenly changes at the end of Part 1, Chapter 8?
10. Why does Haymitch punch Peeta in the face? Why does Haymitch tell Peeta he should allow a bruise to form and show on his face?
This section contains 1,272 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)