|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katniss think of the meal she shares with Cinna on their first meeting?
(a) That the Capitol is trying to starve her before the Hunger Games.
(b) It is too rich.
(c) That she could never afford to make such a meal in Distict Twelve.
(d) It does not taste very good.
2. What weapon does Katniss have hidden in the woods which she uses to hunt with?
(d) Bow and arrow.
3. What was the name of the place where Panem rose out of the ashes into existence?
(a) North America.
(d) South America.
4. How many times is Gale entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
5. What is Peeta's one fear the night before going into the Hunger Games?
(a) He might disgrace himself or change into someone he is not.
(b) Katniss will die.
(c) His family will suffer after his death.
(d) He will die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is katniss?
2. What item did Peeta once take a beating from his mother to give to Katniss, leaving her indebted to him?
3. What is a Peacekeeper?
4. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
5. Who is the only person allowed to be with Katniss as she waits to be transported into the Hunger Games arena?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Haymitch punch Peeta in the face? Why does Haymitch tell Peeta he should allow a bruise to form and show on his face?
2. What happened to Katniss and Gale's fathers? Why are they now the providers in their separate families?
3. What does Katniss decide to do about Rue? What plan does she come up with to take the advantage from the Careers?
4. How has Haymitch dealt with Katniss and Peeta's training up until Part 1, Chapter 8? What suddenly changes at the end of Part 1, Chapter 8?
5. What illness does Haymitch suffer? How does Effie Trinket feel about Haymitch? What warning does Effie issue to Peeta and Katniss regarding Haymitch at the end of part 1, Chapter 3?
6. What is unusual about the childhood of Katniss' mother? How does this connect Peeta and Katniss?
7. During dinner, Katniss sees one of the servants who has been assigned to their floor and believes she knows her. However, the girl cannot speak. What is an Avox? How does Katniss know this Avox?
8. Where do Peeta and Katniss meet the first night in the training center? What do they talk about?
9. How do the Careers react to the loss of their food? What does Katniss do in the aftermath of the explosion?
10. Why does Peeta not want Katniss to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 20 even though it could mean healing medicine for him? What does Katniss do?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)