|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Haymitch say about Peeta's announcement at the end of the interviews?
(a) He made Katniss seem weak.
(b) He made Katniss seem honorable.
(c) He made Katniss seem childish.
(d) He made Katniss seem desirable.
2. Which other tribute does Katniss take special notice of while watching the reapings from the other districts?
(a) The beautiful girl from District One.
(b) A beautiful fisherman from District Four.
(c) A crippled boy from District Ten.
(d) The twelve year old from District Eleven.
3. What is happening in the streets of the Capitol the night before the Hunger Games are to begin?
(a) People are celebrating.
(c) Sponsors are lining up for their favorite districts.
(d) People are protesting.
4. What mode of transportation does Katniss ride after the opening ceremonies that she would like to ride again but feels it might be childish?
(a) A shuttle bus.
(b) An escalator.
(c) A crystal elevator.
(d) A subway train.
5. What animal is said to live in the woods outside District Twelve that makes the fence necessary and keeps many from going into the woods?
(b) Wild dogs.
(c) Tracker jackers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss think of the meal she shares with Cinna on their first meeting?
2. What is tesserae?
3. What does Katniss notice is different about the bow in the training room than the ones she uses at home?
4. What one talent does Peeta have that Katniss feels he might be able to use in the arena?
5. What happens if a tribute steps off of their platform too early?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who told Katniss not to go to the Cornucopia at the beginning of the games? Why does Katniss think this was bad advice? What distracts Katniss from taking all she had wanted from the Cornucopia?
2. Why does Katniss give Peeta a kiss after the opening ceremonies? What does Katniss think Peeta is up to with his multiple compliments?
3. Why does Haymitch punch Peeta in the face? Why does Haymitch tell Peeta he should allow a bruise to form and show on his face?
4. What is unusual about the childhood of Katniss' mother? How does this connect Peeta and Katniss?
5. What does Katniss think of Cinna when she first meets him? What does Cinna tell her about himself at their initial meeting?
6. How has Haymitch dealt with Katniss and Peeta's training up until Part 1, Chapter 8? What suddenly changes at the end of Part 1, Chapter 8?
7. Why does Katniss fear leaving her sister with her mother? What does Katniss say to her mother to keep her from letting Prim down?
8. Where do Peeta and Katniss meet the first night in the training center? What do they talk about?
9. What skill does Peeta talk up about Katniss to Haymitch? How does Katniss respond to this praise?
10. What event is about to take place in District Twelve at the beginning of the book? Why does the entire town show up for this event?
This section contains 1,248 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)