|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Peeta think Gale is to Katniss in Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her uncle.
2. How often do high scoring tributes win the Hunger Games?
(b) Most of the time.
(c) Every time.
3. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
(a) Form a rebellion.
(b) Steal the collection of names from which the tributes will be chosen.
(c) Run away.
(d) Kill Effie Trinket.
4. Where are the training rooms located in the training center?
(a) Below ground level.
(b) The roof.
(c) On the ground floor.
(d) In the center.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 8, what is Katniss's reaction to her own actions during the individual demonstrations for the Gamemakers?
(a) She thinks she did really well.
(b) She thinks she blew her chances at sponsorship.
(c) She thinks she might be turned into an Avox.
(d) She thinks she will score high.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Avox respond when Katniss tries to apologize in Part 1, Chapter 9?
2. What is the main component of the outfit Cinna dresses Katniss in for the opening ceremony of the Hunger Games?
3. What is the Hob?
4. On whose face do the cameras remain even during the President's speech at the end of the opening ceremony?
5. What nickname does Gale use with Katniss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katniss think of Cinna when she first meets him? What does Cinna tell her about himself at their initial meeting?
2. Why does Katniss give Peeta a kiss after the opening ceremonies? What does Katniss think Peeta is up to with his multiple compliments?
3. Katniss tells the reader in Part 1, Chapter 8 how she met Gale. How did they meet? What did Gale teach Katniss about hunting?
4. What is unusual about the childhood of Katniss' mother? How does this connect Peeta and Katniss?
5. What point of view does the author use to write this novel? From whose point of view is the novel told?
6. How many tributes are killed on the first day of the games? How many remain?
7. Why does Haymitch punch Peeta in the face? Why does Haymitch tell Peeta he should allow a bruise to form and show on his face?
8. What does Peeta reveal about himself when he and Katniss go to the camouflage table during training? What memory does this bring to the forefront of Katniss' mind?
9. During dinner, Katniss sees one of the servants who has been assigned to their floor and believes she knows her. However, the girl cannot speak. What is an Avox? How does Katniss know this Avox?
10. What instruction does Cinna give to Katniss and Peeta as their chariot begins to take its place in the opening ceremony procession? How does the audience react to this act?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)