|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does the baker bring Katniss when he comes to say goodbye?
(a) A locket.
(c) A cake.
2. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
(a) Kill Effie Trinket.
(b) Form a rebellion.
(c) Steal the collection of names from which the tributes will be chosen.
(d) Run away.
3. Who is the first to greet Katniss and Peeta as they enter the Training Center?
(a) The President.
(b) The other tributes.
(c) Their mentors.
(d) The prep teams.
4. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
(a) Lights them on fire with synthetic fire.
(b) Rips them away.
(c) Adds flowers.
(d) Removes the headpieces.
5. What does reaping mean?
(a) To harvest.
(b) To take.
(c) To gather.
(d) To steal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What business has Katniss' mother begun running from their home?
2. On whose face do the cameras remain even during the President's speech at the end of the opening ceremony?
3. What does Katniss think of the meal she shares with Cinna on their first meeting?
4. What is katniss?
5. What does Katniss note about Haymitch's appearance and behavior at dinner the first night in the training center?
Short Essay Questions
1. What instruction does Cinna give to Katniss and Peeta as their chariot begins to take its place in the opening ceremony procession? How does the audience react to this act?
2. What surprise visitors does Katniss get in the hour before she is due to leave for the Hunger Games? What reason do these people give for visiting her?
3. Katniss tells the reader in Part 1, Chapter 8 how she met Gale. How did they meet? What did Gale teach Katniss about hunting?
4. Where do Peeta and Katniss meet the first night in the training center? What do they talk about?
5. What skill does Peeta talk up about Katniss to Haymitch? How does Katniss respond to this praise?
6. What does Katniss think of Cinna when she first meets him? What does Cinna tell her about himself at their initial meeting?
7. What illness does Haymitch suffer? How does Effie Trinket feel about Haymitch? What warning does Effie issue to Peeta and Katniss regarding Haymitch at the end of part 1, Chapter 3?
8. What is unusual about the childhood of Katniss' mother? How does this connect Peeta and Katniss?
9. Why does Katniss grow angry with the Gamemakers during the individual exhibition of skills? What does she do about it?
10. What parts of the interview process does Effie teach Katniss? What parts of the interview process does Haymitch teach Katniss?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)