|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katniss think the Avox remembers her from the woods on the day of the girl's capture?
(a) You do not forget your last hope.
(b) You do not forget your last friend.
(c) You do not forget your last conversation.
(d) You do not forget your last living relative.
2. What score does Peeta get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
3. Who is in Katniss' room when she returns from talking to Peeta on the roof?
(a) The Avox.
4. On whose face do the cameras remain even during the President's speech at the end of the opening ceremony?
(a) The crowd.
(b) The tributes from District One.
(c) Cinna's and Haymitch's.
(d) Katniss' and Peeta's.
5. What is the object of the outfits the tributes wear in the opening ceremony?
(a) To show off their strengths.
(b) To represent their industry in their district.
(c) To show off their district pride.
(d) To represent their special interests and hobbies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Avox respond when Katniss tries to apologize in Part 1, Chapter 9?
2. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
3. What do the rules of the Hunger Games say about the number of winners?
4. What does Haymitch consider a rebellion about Peeta and Katniss' actions in the opening ceremonies?
5. What does Katniss think will happen to her and Peeta's friendship strategy once they are in the arena?
Short Essay Questions
1. What symbol does Cinna chose to use to reflect the main industry in District Twelve, coal? What does Cinna call Katniss as he describes the outfit he has chosen for her to wear during the opening ceremony?
2. Why does Katniss give Peeta a kiss after the opening ceremonies? What does Katniss think Peeta is up to with his multiple compliments?
3. How has Haymitch dealt with Katniss and Peeta's training up until Part 1, Chapter 8? What suddenly changes at the end of Part 1, Chapter 8?
4. What is a mockingjay? What is Katniss' personal connection to the mockingjays?
5. During dinner, Katniss sees one of the servants who has been assigned to their floor and believes she knows her. However, the girl cannot speak. What is an Avox? How does Katniss know this Avox?
6. What instruction does Cinna give to Katniss and Peeta as their chariot begins to take its place in the opening ceremony procession? How does the audience react to this act?
7. What are the Hunger Games? How did they come about?
8. What confession does Peeta make at the end of the interviews that causes shock and surprise in everyone?
9. Why does Haymitch punch Peeta in the face? Why does Haymitch tell Peeta he should allow a bruise to form and show on his face?
10. What point of view does the author use to write this novel? From whose point of view is the novel told?
This section contains 1,253 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)