|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Katniss to focus on him during the interview to help her feel more comfortable?
2. Who is Atala?
(a) The head Gamemaker.
(b) A servant in the cafeteria.
(c) The Avox in charge of cleaning the training room.
(d) The head trainer.
3. What compliment does Peeta pay Katniss that confuses her in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) She is unaware of the effect she has on people.
(b) She can cook well.
(c) She can play the piano well.
(d) She is a good flirt.
4. What does reaping mean?
(a) To take.
(b) To harvest.
(c) To steal.
(d) To gather.
5. What is the main goal of getting a high score from the Gamemakers in the individual demonstrations?
(a) To get gifts from the Gamemakers.
(c) To intimidate the other tributes.
(d) Release from the games.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katniss believe she can get a weapon and some supplies from the Cornucopia despite Haymitch's advice to ignore the Cornucopia?
2. Why does Katniss refuse to cry in Part 1, Chapter 3 even as she leaves her family and home behind her?
3. What is the only aspect of Katniss' appearance that her design team approves of?
4. What did Gale accuse Katniss of the first time they met?
5. What is unusual about the ladder that lifts Katniss into the hovercraft that will take her to the Hunger Games arena?
Short Essay Questions
1. During dinner, Katniss sees one of the servants who has been assigned to their floor and believes she knows her. However, the girl cannot speak. What is an Avox? How does Katniss know this Avox?
2. Why does Katniss become angry with Peeta after his announcement at the end of Part 2, Chapter 9? How does she react to Peeta alone?
3. Where do Peeta and Katniss meet the first night in the training center? What do they talk about?
4. How does Haymitch instruct Peeta and Katniss to behave in public? What does Peeta think of this strategy?
5. How many tributes are killed on the first day of the games? How many remain?
6. What are the Hunger Games? How did they come about?
7. Who told Katniss not to go to the Cornucopia at the beginning of the games? Why does Katniss think this was bad advice? What distracts Katniss from taking all she had wanted from the Cornucopia?
8. What illness does Haymitch suffer? How does Effie Trinket feel about Haymitch? What warning does Effie issue to Peeta and Katniss regarding Haymitch at the end of part 1, Chapter 3?
9. What does Peeta reveal about himself when he and Katniss go to the camouflage table during training? What memory does this bring to the forefront of Katniss' mind?
10. What skill does Peeta talk up about Katniss to Haymitch? How does Katniss respond to this praise?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)