|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Katniss wake after her body heals from her own attack on the Careers?
(a) In a hole in the woods.
(b) In a small pond.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In a hospital.
2. What is the significance of the silver parachutes in the Hunger Games?
(a) They are bombs from the Gamemakers.
(b) They are gifts from sponsors.
(c) They are secret maps of the arena from the mentors.
(d) They are secret messages from the mentors to the tribute.
3. Why does Peeta urge Katniss to go easy on the rich food Haymitch has sent them at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 23?
(a) To keep from getting sick.
(b) To enjoy it more.
(c) To make it last.
(d) To make a prettier picture for the sponsors.
4. What does Katniss reveal in Part 3, Chapter 19 causes her queasiness?
(c) Injured people.
5. What does Katniss use her last arrow to do in Part 3, Chapter 25?
(a) To save Cato.
(b) To shoot one of the mutts.
(c) To signal the end of the games.
(d) Make a tourniquet for Peeta, then kill Cato.
6. How does Katniss purify the water she finds at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) With hydrogen peroxide.
(b) With a purifying machine.
(c) With iodine.
(d) With alcohol.
7. Who does Rue tell Katniss the Careers leave to watch over their food stores by the lake?
(a) A boy from District Three.
(b) A boy from District Ten.
(c) A girl from District Three.
(d) A girl from District Ten.
8. What does Peeta reveal about his family that takes Katniss by surprise in Part 3, Chapter 23?
(a) That his mother makes him eat the stale food while everyone else eats the rich foods.
(b) That they do not eat the food from their bakery at all.
(c) That they only eat the stale food from their bakery.
(d) That they eat the richest foods in the bakery.
9. Why is Katniss seeing shining things around objects as she runs into the woods after her attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) The Gamemakers have altered her sesne of sight.
(b) She is losing a great deal of blood.
(c) There really are shining things around objects.
(d) She is hallucinating from the tracker jacker venom.
10. What awaits Katniss and Peeta as they return to District Twelve?
(a) Funerals for the dead tributes.
(b) Many reporters and their loved ones.
(d) A return to their mundane lives.
11. How many tributes are left alive at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 16?
12. How does Katniss leach the infection from Peeta's leg wound in Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) She uses medicine Haymitch sent.
(b) The leaves Rue showed her to use.
(c) She wraps it with tree bark.
(d) She presses on it.
13. What item does Katniss tell Rue in Part 2, Chapter 16 that she plans to steal from the Careers' supplies?
(b) A sleeping bag.
14. Why is Peeta unhappy that Katniss saved his life in Part 3, Chapter 22?
(a) He does not want to go back to District Twelve.
(b) He does not want her putting her own life on the line for him.
(c) He does not want to survive only to be killed by Cato.
(d) He does not want her to have to kill him later.
15. What does Katniss believe has caused the natural disaster that settles in the arena in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) The Careers.
(b) The Gamemakers.
(c) A bored sponsor.
(d) A careless solitary tribute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rue tell Katniss the sunglasses in her backpack are used for?
2. What trap does Katniss discover Rue has fallen into when she finds her at the end of Part 2, Chapter 17?
3. What causes Katniss to wonder at the end of Part 3, Chapter 22 if Peeta might really be in love with her?
4. What does Katniss sing to Rue as she lies dying?
5. How many times is Katniss wounded in her own attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)