|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Katniss and Rue's signal to alert one another that they are still safe?
(a) A four note tune Rue once sang to announce the end of the work day.
(b) A tune Katniss once learned from her father.
(c) A mockingbird song.
(d) A jabberjay song.
2. What does Katniss see on one of the mutts that makes her realize the mutts are meant to be reincarnations of the dead tributes?
(a) A collar with a name on it.
(b) A collar with a plant design on it.
(c) A collar with a number one on it.
(d) A collar with diamonds on it.
3. What is the significance of the silver parachutes in the Hunger Games?
(a) They are bombs from the Gamemakers.
(b) They are secret maps of the arena from the mentors.
(c) They are gifts from sponsors.
(d) They are secret messages from the mentors to the tribute.
4. What does Katniss reveal in Part 3, Chapter 19 causes her queasiness?
(a) Injured people.
5. Who does Katniss think of when she thinks of all the kisses she and Peeta have shared since arriving in the cave?
(c) Her mother.
6. What does Rue tell Katniss the sunglasses in her backpack are used for?
(a) To allow her to see heat signatures of the other tributes.
(b) To give her xray vision.
(c) To see in darkness.
(d) To shade her eyes from the sun.
7. What song are the mockingjays singing as Katniss and Peeta wait for Cato?
(a) A song Peeta taught them.
(b) Rue's song.
(c) The national anthem.
(d) Katniss's lullaby.
8. Who does Katniss see picking through the wreckage of the Careers' supplies in Part 2, Chapter 17?
9. What sign does Katniss find on the rocks that tells her she is on the right track in her search for Peeta and Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) Blood stains.
(b) A lean-to near the stream.
(c) A hidden message written in mud.
10. How many tributes are left at the end of Part 2, Chapter 18?
11. Where do Katniss and Peeta go to wait for Cato?
(a) Their cave.
(b) The pond.
(c) The lake.
(d) The woods.
12. What injury does Peeta have from the mutt attack in Part 3, Chapter 25?
(a) A bite on his neck.
(b) A deep wound in his calf.
(c) A scratch across his chest.
(d) A wound on his thigh.
13. How does Katniss clean Peeta off after she finds him in Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) She strips him naked and leaves his clothes on the rocks.
(b) She uses soap sent to her by a sponsor.
(c) She rolls him in the stream.
(d) She does not.
14. Who finds Katniss as she attempts to reclaim the bow and arrow from Glimmer in Part 2, Chapter 14?
15. Where does Cato run for protection at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
(a) The Cornucopia.
(b) The lake.
(c) The woods.
(d) A small shelter built near the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss sing to Rue as she lies dying?
2. What do the cannon signals signify during the Hunger Games?
3. Which of the remaining tributes in Part 3, Chapter 22 does Katniss suggest she and Peeta might have liked back in District Twelve?
4. What are Katniss and Peeta forced to watch during the ceremony to celebrate their win of the Hunger Games?
5. Why does Peeta urge Katniss to go easy on the rich food Haymitch has sent them at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 23?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)