|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Katniss's clothing is damaged as she runs from danger in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) Her pants.
(b) Her shirt.
(c) Her jacket.
(d) Her skirt.
2. What sign does Katniss find on the rocks that tells her she is on the right track in her search for Peeta and Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) A hidden message written in mud.
(b) Blood stains.
(d) A lean-to near the stream.
3. Who finds Katniss as she attempts to reclaim the bow and arrow from Glimmer in Part 2, Chapter 14?
4. How does Katniss leach the infection from Peeta's leg wound in Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) She presses on it.
(b) The leaves Rue showed her to use.
(c) She uses medicine Haymitch sent.
(d) She wraps it with tree bark.
5. How does Katniss camouflage the opening of the cave she has been sharing with Peeta in Part 3, Chapter 21?
(a) With a tree branch cut from a nearby tree.
(b) With her burned jacket.
(c) With twigs and leaves.
(d) With rocks.
6. Where does Clove threaten to begin her mutilation of Katniss as they struggle at the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
(a) The forehead.
(b) The cheeks.
(c) The chest.
(d) The mouth.
7. How does Katniss treat her wounds after the natural disaster that strikes the arena?
(a) She does not.
(b) Water in a small pond.
(d) Medication from Haymitch.
8. What item in the backpack Katniss managed to grab at the Cornucopia does not appear to work properly?
(a) A pair of sunglasses.
(b) A sleeping bag.
(c) A plastic rain coat.
(d) A water purifier.
9. What does Peeta reveal about his family that takes Katniss by surprise in Part 3, Chapter 23?
(a) That they do not eat the food from their bakery at all.
(b) That they only eat the stale food from their bakery.
(c) That they eat the richest foods in the bakery.
(d) That his mother makes him eat the stale food while everyone else eats the rich foods.
10. How does Peeta signal Katniss where to shoot Cato as Cato holds Peeta in a headlock?
(a) He jerks in the hope that Katniss will know to fire at the right moment.
(b) He signals with his eyes.
(c) He makes a hand gesture Katniss recognizes.
(d) He marks an x on Cato's hand.
11. Who do Peeta and Katniss make fun of in Part 3, Chapter 23?
(a) President Snow.
12. Who does Katniss hear Cato promising to kill in Part 2, Chapter 16?
13. How does Rue react to Katniss' plot to drive the Careers away from her tree in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) She jumps into Katniss' tree to help.
(b) She quietly moves away through the trees.
(c) She calls down to warn the Careers.
(d) She climbs out of her tree and runs.
14. Why does Katniss camouflage the opening of the cave she has been sharing with Peeta?
(a) To keep animals out of the cave.
(b) To keep Peeta from wandering away in the middle of the night.
(c) To keep the warmth in.
(d) To protect him while she is at the feast, especially if she does not return.
15. What injury does Peeta have from the mutt attack in Part 3, Chapter 25?
(a) A scratch across his chest.
(b) A bite on his neck.
(c) A wound on his thigh.
(d) A deep wound in his calf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is killed in Katniss' silent attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
2. Who does Katniss see with the bow and arrow she so desperately wanted from the Cornucopia?
3. Why does Katniss decide she must find Peeta at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19?
4. How does Katniss know a hovercraft is about to approach the arena during the games?
5. What alerts Katniss and Peeta that Cato is coming at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)