|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rue tell Katniss the sunglasses in her backpack are used for?
(a) To see in darkness.
(b) To shade her eyes from the sun.
(c) To allow her to see heat signatures of the other tributes.
(d) To give her xray vision.
2. What song are the mockingjays singing as Katniss and Peeta wait for Cato?
(a) A song Peeta taught them.
(b) The national anthem.
(c) Rue's song.
(d) Katniss's lullaby.
3. How does Katniss treat her wounds after the natural disaster that strikes the arena?
(a) She does not.
(b) Water in a small pond.
(c) Medication from Haymitch.
4. What is the Cornucopia made of?
5. Who sneaks Katniss a roll at dinner in Part 3, Chapter 26?
6. How many tributes are left at the end of Part 2, Chapter 18?
7. In what does Katniss mix the medication she feeds to Peeta?
(b) Sugar berries.
8. How does Katniss camouflage the opening of the cave she has been sharing with Peeta in Part 3, Chapter 21?
(a) With a tree branch cut from a nearby tree.
(b) With twigs and leaves.
(c) With her burned jacket.
(d) With rocks.
9. What was Katniss and Rue's signal to alert one another that they are still safe?
(a) A four note tune Rue once sang to announce the end of the work day.
(b) A mockingbird song.
(c) A tune Katniss once learned from her father.
(d) A jabberjay song.
10. What roles do Katniss and Peeta chose for themselves in regards to providing for their continuing survival?
(a) Katniss will provide protection and Peeta will hunt.
(b) Katniss will provide protection and Peeta will gather berries.
(c) Katniss will hunt and Peeta will provide protection.
(d) Katniss will hunt and Peeta will cook.
11. Why does Katniss camouflage the opening of the cave she has been sharing with Peeta?
(a) To keep the warmth in.
(b) To keep animals out of the cave.
(c) To keep Peeta from wandering away in the middle of the night.
(d) To protect him while she is at the feast, especially if she does not return.
12. What does Katniss notice the Gamemakers have begun to mess with in Part 3, Chapter 20?
(a) The animals living in the arena.
(b) The temperature of the arena.
(c) The light in the arena.
(d) The duration of the day in the arena.
13. Who is the first to retrieve a backpack at the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
14. Where do Katniss and Peeta go to wait for Cato?
(a) The lake.
(b) The pond.
(c) The woods.
(d) Their cave.
15. Why is Peeta unhappy that Katniss saved his life in Part 3, Chapter 22?
(a) He does not want her to have to kill him later.
(b) He does not want to go back to District Twelve.
(c) He does not want her putting her own life on the line for him.
(d) He does not want to survive only to be killed by Cato.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury does Peeta have from the mutt attack in Part 3, Chapter 25?
2. Which tributes, besides Peeta and Katniss, are left in Part 3, Chapter 23?
3. Which of the remaining tributes in Part 3, Chapter 22 does Katniss suggest she and Peeta might have liked back in District Twelve?
4. What are tracker jackers?
5. Where does Cato run for protection at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)