|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the mutts take Cato at the end of Part 3, Chapter 25?
(a) Into the woods.
(b) Into the lake.
(c) Into the Cornucopia.
(d) No where.
2. Who is killed in Katniss' silent attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) Glimmer and Cato.
(b) The boy from District Three and Rue.
(c) Clove and Cato.
(d) Glimmer and the girl from District Four.
3. What injury does Katniss suffer in the explosion she set off to destroy the Careers supplies?
(a) A cut on her forehead.
(b) A wound in her upper thigh.
(c) A burn on her leg.
(d) Damage to her ear.
4. Who does Katniss hear Cato promising to kill in Part 2, Chapter 16?
5. What does Haymitch send Katniss the first night after she finds Peeta and hides in a cave?
6. What wakes Katniss in the early hours of the morning at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) The stampeding of animals running from a wall of fire.
(b) The Careers.
(c) A fire ball.
(d) The cannon fire of a tribute's weapon.
7. What is nightlock?
(a) A weapon.
(b) Leaves that cause a rash, like poison oak.
(c) Poisonous berries.
(d) A singing bird.
8. Who does Katniss see with the bow and arrow she so desperately wanted from the Cornucopia?
9. Where do Katniss and Peeta go to wait for Cato?
(a) The pond.
(b) The woods.
(c) The lake.
(d) Their cave.
10. Why does Katniss decide Haymitch has not send her any water in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) It is against the rules.
(b) She has no sponsors.
(c) He wants her to die.
(d) She is near to finding a source.
11. Why is Peeta unhappy that Katniss saved his life in Part 3, Chapter 22?
(a) He does not want to survive only to be killed by Cato.
(b) He does not want her to have to kill him later.
(c) He does not want her putting her own life on the line for him.
(d) He does not want to go back to District Twelve.
12. What are tracker jackers?
(a) Deadly popcorn treat.
(b) A poisonous bird.
(c) A type of tracking device.
(d) Government manufactured wasps.
13. What causes Katniss to wonder at the end of Part 3, Chapter 22 if Peeta might really be in love with her?
(a) His statement about her father's ability to silence the birds.
(b) His story about his father's love for her mother.
(c) His anger at her for putting her life in danger for him.
(d) His statement that he was lucky to be picked in the reaping with her.
14. Who does Rue tell Katniss the Careers leave to watch over their food stores by the lake?
(a) A girl from District Three.
(b) A boy from District Ten.
(c) A girl from District Ten.
(d) A boy from District Three.
15. What is the Cornucopia made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Katniss give Rue reassurance that sponsors will soon realize her value in the competition?
2. How many tributes are left at the end of Part 2, Chapter 18?
3. Who rescues Peeta as a mutt tries to pull him down from the Cornucopia in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 25?
4. Where does Katniss wake after her body heals from her own attack on the Careers?
5. Why is Katniss unhappy with the rocky terrain her search for Peeta takes her?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)