|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katniss use her last arrow to do in Part 3, Chapter 25?
(a) To shoot one of the mutts.
(b) To save Cato.
(c) Make a tourniquet for Peeta, then kill Cato.
(d) To signal the end of the games.
2. Who does Katniss see picking through the wreckage of the Careers' supplies in Part 2, Chapter 17?
3. What does Katniss sing to Rue as she lies dying?
(a) Rue's own end of day song.
(b) A District Twelve lullaby.
(c) The national anthem.
(d) A folk song taught to her by her father.
4. How does Katniss treat her wounds after the natural disaster that strikes the arena?
(a) Water in a small pond.
(b) She does not.
(c) Medication from Haymitch.
5. Why does Katniss camouflage the opening of the cave she has been sharing with Peeta?
(a) To keep animals out of the cave.
(b) To keep Peeta from wandering away in the middle of the night.
(c) To keep the warmth in.
(d) To protect him while she is at the feast, especially if she does not return.
6. What does Peeta reveal about his family that takes Katniss by surprise in Part 3, Chapter 23?
(a) That they eat the richest foods in the bakery.
(b) That they only eat the stale food from their bakery.
(c) That they do not eat the food from their bakery at all.
(d) That his mother makes him eat the stale food while everyone else eats the rich foods.
7. Why does Peeta urge Katniss to go easy on the rich food Haymitch has sent them at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 23?
(a) To keep from getting sick.
(b) To make a prettier picture for the sponsors.
(c) To make it last.
(d) To enjoy it more.
8. Who does Rue tell Katniss the Careers leave to watch over their food stores by the lake?
(a) A girl from District Ten.
(b) A girl from District Three.
(c) A boy from District Ten.
(d) A boy from District Three.
9. What reason does Katniss give Rue reassurance that sponsors will soon realize her value in the competition?
(a) She is still alive.
(b) She is brave.
(c) She is clever.
(d) She is strong.
10. What injury does Katniss suffer in the explosion she set off to destroy the Careers supplies?
(a) Damage to her ear.
(b) A wound in her upper thigh.
(c) A burn on her leg.
(d) A cut on her forehead.
11. What does Katniss do in Part 3, Chapter 20 to generate food for her and Peeta?
(b) Picks berries.
(c) Sets snares.
(d) Calls out to Haymitch.
12. How does Katniss purify the water she finds at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) With iodine.
(b) With alcohol.
(c) With a purifying machine.
(d) With hydrogen peroxide.
13. How does Katniss camouflage the opening of the cave she has been sharing with Peeta in Part 3, Chapter 21?
(a) With rocks.
(b) With twigs and leaves.
(c) With a tree branch cut from a nearby tree.
(d) With her burned jacket.
14. What wakes Katniss in the early hours of the morning at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) The stampeding of animals running from a wall of fire.
(b) The cannon fire of a tribute's weapon.
(c) The Careers.
(d) A fire ball.
15. Who is the first to tell Peeta has survived in Part 3, Chapter 26?
(a) The doctors.
(d) The Avox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing Rue tells Katniss she loves most in the world?
2. Who does Katniss see with the bow and arrow she so desperately wanted from the Cornucopia?
3. Who does Peeta suggest Katniss does not like because they are too much like one another?
4. What do the cannon signals signify during the Hunger Games?
5. Who is the first to retrieve a backpack at the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)