|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katniss think is her greatest asset as she prepares to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
(a) Her ability to kill at a distance.
(b) Her ability to run fast.
(c) Her ability to camouflage.
(d) Her ability to triumph at hand-to-hand combat.
2. Why is Katniss unhappy with the rocky terrain her search for Peeta takes her?
(a) She knows she cannot fight Cato or Thresh there.
(b) She cannot hunt there.
(c) She cannot leave tracks to follow back to her camp.
(d) She knows she needs shelter when it gets dark.
3. What does Rue tell Katniss the sunglasses in her backpack are used for?
(a) To give her xray vision.
(b) To see in darkness.
(c) To allow her to see heat signatures of the other tributes.
(d) To shade her eyes from the sun.
4. What is the Cornucopia made of?
5. What does Katniss notice the Gamemakers have begun to mess with in Part 3, Chapter 20?
(a) The duration of the day in the arena.
(b) The temperature of the arena.
(c) The animals living in the arena.
(d) The light in the arena.
6. What item does Katniss tell Rue in Part 2, Chapter 16 that she plans to steal from the Careers' supplies?
(d) A sleeping bag.
7. Who does Katniss see picking through the wreckage of the Careers' supplies in Part 2, Chapter 17?
8. What does Katniss do at the end of Part 2, Chapter 13 when the Careers come to rest under the tree in which she is hiding?
(a) She jumps into another tree.
(b) She shoots arrows down at them.
(c) She lies quietly and waits for them to leave.
(d) She calls down to them and reveals her position.
9. Where is Katniss injured during her fight with Clove in Part 3, Chapter 21?
(a) The chest.
(b) The forehead.
(c) The arm.
(d) The leg.
10. In what does Katniss mix the medication she feeds to Peeta?
(c) Sugar berries.
11. What roles do Katniss and Peeta chose for themselves in regards to providing for their continuing survival?
(a) Katniss will hunt and Peeta will cook.
(b) Katniss will hunt and Peeta will provide protection.
(c) Katniss will provide protection and Peeta will hunt.
(d) Katniss will provide protection and Peeta will gather berries.
12. How many tributes are left alive at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 16?
13. Why does Haymitch warn Katniss that she must continue to act as though she is madly in love with Peeta?
(a) To protect her from the wrath of the president for threatening suicide by berry.
(b) To help in Peeta's recovery.
(c) To protect her family from the media storm about to fall on them.
(d) To protect Peeta's feelings.
14. How does Katniss leach the infection from Peeta's leg wound in Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) She wraps it with tree bark.
(b) She uses medicine Haymitch sent.
(c) She presses on it.
(d) The leaves Rue showed her to use.
15. How does Katniss treat her wounds after the natural disaster that strikes the arena?
(a) She does not.
(b) Medication from Haymitch.
(c) Water in a small pond.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peeta signal Katniss where to shoot Cato as Cato holds Peeta in a headlock?
2. Which of the remaining tributes in Part 3, Chapter 22 does Katniss suggest she and Peeta might have liked back in District Twelve?
3. Who does Katniss think of when she thinks of all the kisses she and Peeta have shared since arriving in the cave?
4. Why does Katniss decide Haymitch has not send her any water in Part 2, Chapter 12?
5. What does Katniss sing to Rue as she lies dying?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)