|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which tributes, besides Peeta and Katniss, are left in Part 3, Chapter 23?
(a) Cato and Foxface.
(b) Foxface and Thresh.
(c) Cato and Thresh.
(d) Cato and Clove.
2. Why is Katniss seeing shining things around objects as she runs into the woods after her attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) There really are shining things around objects.
(b) The Gamemakers have altered her sesne of sight.
(c) She is losing a great deal of blood.
(d) She is hallucinating from the tracker jacker venom.
3. Why is Peeta unhappy that Katniss saved his life in Part 3, Chapter 22?
(a) He does not want to survive only to be killed by Cato.
(b) He does not want her putting her own life on the line for him.
(c) He does not want to go back to District Twelve.
(d) He does not want her to have to kill him later.
4. Where does Katniss find the supplies that once filled the Cornucopia?
(a) In a pyramid next to the lake.
(b) In the woods.
(c) Hidden in a hole near the Careers' camp.
(d) Hidden in a cave.
5. What are Katniss and Peeta forced to watch during the ceremony to celebrate their win of the Hunger Games?
(a) A speech by the president.
(b) A recap of all the deaths suffered at their hands.
(c) A recap of their rescue from the arena.
(d) A recap of the entire games.
6. Who is killed in Katniss' silent attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) Glimmer and the girl from District Four.
(b) Clove and Cato.
(c) Glimmer and Cato.
(d) The boy from District Three and Rue.
7. Who does Katniss hear Cato promising to kill in Part 2, Chapter 16?
8. How does Peeta signal Katniss where to shoot Cato as Cato holds Peeta in a headlock?
(a) He jerks in the hope that Katniss will know to fire at the right moment.
(b) He marks an x on Cato's hand.
(c) He signals with his eyes.
(d) He makes a hand gesture Katniss recognizes.
9. How does Katniss camouflage the opening of the cave she has been sharing with Peeta in Part 3, Chapter 21?
(a) With her burned jacket.
(b) With a tree branch cut from a nearby tree.
(c) With twigs and leaves.
(d) With rocks.
10. What does Katniss think is her greatest asset as she prepares to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
(a) Her ability to camouflage.
(b) Her ability to triumph at hand-to-hand combat.
(c) Her ability to kill at a distance.
(d) Her ability to run fast.
11. What is the one thing Rue tells Katniss she loves most in the world?
12. How many tributes are left alive at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 16?
13. What is nightlock?
(a) Poisonous berries.
(b) A singing bird.
(c) A weapon.
(d) Leaves that cause a rash, like poison oak.
14. Why does Haymitch warn Katniss that she must continue to act as though she is madly in love with Peeta?
(a) To help in Peeta's recovery.
(b) To protect her family from the media storm about to fall on them.
(c) To protect Peeta's feelings.
(d) To protect her from the wrath of the president for threatening suicide by berry.
15. Who sneaks Katniss a roll at dinner in Part 3, Chapter 26?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to retrieve a backpack at the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
2. Where does Katniss hit Clove with an arrow as she attacks in Part 3, Chapter 21?
3. Who does Katniss see with the bow and arrow she so desperately wanted from the Cornucopia?
4. What awaits Katniss and Peeta as they return to District Twelve?
5. Where is Katniss injured during her fight with Clove in Part 3, Chapter 21?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)