|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rue react to Katniss' plot to drive the Careers away from her tree in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) She climbs out of her tree and runs.
(b) She quietly moves away through the trees.
(c) She jumps into Katniss' tree to help.
(d) She calls down to warn the Careers.
2. How does Katniss leach the infection from Peeta's leg wound in Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) She presses on it.
(b) She wraps it with tree bark.
(c) She uses medicine Haymitch sent.
(d) The leaves Rue showed her to use.
3. Who does Rue tell Katniss the Careers leave to watch over their food stores by the lake?
(a) A girl from District Three.
(b) A girl from District Ten.
(c) A boy from District Ten.
(d) A boy from District Three.
4. What are tracker jackers?
(a) A poisonous bird.
(b) Deadly popcorn treat.
(c) A type of tracking device.
(d) Government manufactured wasps.
5. How does Katniss treat her wounds after the natural disaster that strikes the arena?
(a) She does not.
(c) Water in a small pond.
(d) Medication from Haymitch.
6. Who does Katniss see picking through the wreckage of the Careers' supplies in Part 2, Chapter 17?
7. Where does Katniss find the supplies that once filled the Cornucopia?
(a) In a pyramid next to the lake.
(b) Hidden in a hole near the Careers' camp.
(c) In the woods.
(d) Hidden in a cave.
8. In what does Katniss mix the medication she feeds to Peeta?
(b) Sugar berries.
9. Who do Peeta and Katniss make fun of in Part 3, Chapter 23?
(c) President Snow.
10. What does Rue tell Katniss the sunglasses in her backpack are used for?
(a) To shade her eyes from the sun.
(b) To allow her to see heat signatures of the other tributes.
(c) To give her xray vision.
(d) To see in darkness.
11. What alerts Katniss and Peeta that Cato is coming at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
(a) The sound of running feet.
(b) The cries of wovles.
(c) Cato's screams of terror.
(d) The mockingjays cry out in alarm.
12. What are Katniss and Peeta forced to watch during the ceremony to celebrate their win of the Hunger Games?
(a) A recap of the entire games.
(b) A recap of their rescue from the arena.
(c) A recap of all the deaths suffered at their hands.
(d) A speech by the president.
13. Who is the first to retrieve a backpack at the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
14. What does Haymitch send Katniss the first night after she finds Peeta and hides in a cave?
15. What does Katniss see on one of the mutts that makes her realize the mutts are meant to be reincarnations of the dead tributes?
(a) A collar with a name on it.
(b) A collar with diamonds on it.
(c) A collar with a plant design on it.
(d) A collar with a number one on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss do at the end of Part 2, Chapter 13 when the Careers come to rest under the tree in which she is hiding?
2. How many tributes are left at the end of Part 2, Chapter 18?
3. What awaits Katniss and Peeta as they return to District Twelve?
4. What does Katniss do in Part 3, Chapter 20 to generate food for her and Peeta?
5. Where does Cato run for protection at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)