|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rescues Peeta as a mutt tries to pull him down from the Cornucopia in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 25?
(c) No one.
2. What is the Cornucopia made of?
3. What is the significance of the silver parachutes in the Hunger Games?
(a) They are secret maps of the arena from the mentors.
(b) They are bombs from the Gamemakers.
(c) They are gifts from sponsors.
(d) They are secret messages from the mentors to the tribute.
4. What trap does Katniss discover Rue has fallen into when she finds her at the end of Part 2, Chapter 17?
(a) A bear trap.
(b) A net.
(c) A hole in the ground.
(d) An animal snare.
5. What reason does Katniss give Rue reassurance that sponsors will soon realize her value in the competition?
(a) She is strong.
(b) She is clever.
(c) She is brave.
(d) She is still alive.
6. What does Katniss do at the end of Part 2, Chapter 13 when the Careers come to rest under the tree in which she is hiding?
(a) She lies quietly and waits for them to leave.
(b) She shoots arrows down at them.
(c) She jumps into another tree.
(d) She calls down to them and reveals her position.
7. What alerts Katniss and Peeta that Cato is coming at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
(a) Cato's screams of terror.
(b) The mockingjays cry out in alarm.
(c) The sound of running feet.
(d) The cries of wovles.
8. What are Katniss and Peeta forced to watch during the ceremony to celebrate their win of the Hunger Games?
(a) A recap of their rescue from the arena.
(b) A recap of all the deaths suffered at their hands.
(c) A recap of the entire games.
(d) A speech by the president.
9. Where do the mutts take Cato at the end of Part 3, Chapter 25?
(a) Into the woods.
(b) No where.
(c) Into the lake.
(d) Into the Cornucopia.
10. Who do Peeta and Katniss make fun of in Part 3, Chapter 23?
(d) President Snow.
11. Why does Haymitch warn Katniss that she must continue to act as though she is madly in love with Peeta?
(a) To protect Peeta's feelings.
(b) To protect her family from the media storm about to fall on them.
(c) To protect her from the wrath of the president for threatening suicide by berry.
(d) To help in Peeta's recovery.
12. How does Peeta signal Katniss where to shoot Cato as Cato holds Peeta in a headlock?
(a) He signals with his eyes.
(b) He marks an x on Cato's hand.
(c) He makes a hand gesture Katniss recognizes.
(d) He jerks in the hope that Katniss will know to fire at the right moment.
13. What causes Katniss to wonder at the end of Part 3, Chapter 22 if Peeta might really be in love with her?
(a) His story about his father's love for her mother.
(b) His statement about her father's ability to silence the birds.
(c) His statement that he was lucky to be picked in the reaping with her.
(d) His anger at her for putting her life in danger for him.
14. Where does Cato run for protection at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
(a) The Cornucopia.
(b) The lake.
(c) A small shelter built near the lake.
(d) The woods.
15. What is the one thing Rue tells Katniss she loves most in the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss' first parachute bring her?
2. Who finds Katniss as she attempts to reclaim the bow and arrow from Glimmer in Part 2, Chapter 14?
3. What part of Katniss's clothing is damaged as she runs from danger in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 13?
4. Why is Peeta unhappy that Katniss saved his life in Part 3, Chapter 22?
5. What do the cannon signals signify during the Hunger Games?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)