|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Katniss treat her wounds after the natural disaster that strikes the arena?
(a) Water in a small pond.
(c) Medication from Haymitch.
(d) She does not.
2. Why is Katniss unhappy with the rocky terrain her search for Peeta takes her?
(a) She knows she needs shelter when it gets dark.
(b) She cannot leave tracks to follow back to her camp.
(c) She cannot hunt there.
(d) She knows she cannot fight Cato or Thresh there.
3. Where do Katniss and Peeta go to wait for Cato?
(a) The lake.
(b) Their cave.
(c) The woods.
(d) The pond.
4. What does Katniss see on one of the mutts that makes her realize the mutts are meant to be reincarnations of the dead tributes?
(a) A collar with a number one on it.
(b) A collar with a plant design on it.
(c) A collar with a name on it.
(d) A collar with diamonds on it.
5. Who is killed in Katniss' silent attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) Glimmer and Cato.
(b) Glimmer and the girl from District Four.
(c) The boy from District Three and Rue.
(d) Clove and Cato.
6. How does Katniss know a hovercraft is about to approach the arena during the games?
(a) A warning trumpet is played.
(b) A low hum fills the area.
(c) The Games' announcer tells everyone.
(d) The birds stop singing and one gives a warning call.
7. Who does Katniss hear Cato promising to kill in Part 2, Chapter 16?
8. What are Katniss and Peeta forced to watch during the ceremony to celebrate their win of the Hunger Games?
(a) A recap of their rescue from the arena.
(b) A recap of the entire games.
(c) A speech by the president.
(d) A recap of all the deaths suffered at their hands.
9. What is the one thing Rue tells Katniss she loves most in the world?
10. Who is the first to retrieve a backpack at the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
11. What is remarkable about Peeta's appearance in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) He has a serious cut on his upper thigh.
(b) He has a large number of weapons on his belt.
(d) His face is bruised and he has other injuries.
12. Why is Katniss seeing shining things around objects as she runs into the woods after her attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) She is losing a great deal of blood.
(b) There really are shining things around objects.
(c) The Gamemakers have altered her sesne of sight.
(d) She is hallucinating from the tracker jacker venom.
13. What injury does Katniss suffer in the explosion she set off to destroy the Careers supplies?
(a) A burn on her leg.
(b) Damage to her ear.
(c) A wound in her upper thigh.
(d) A cut on her forehead.
14. How many tributes are left alive at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 16?
15. What does Haymitch send Katniss the first night after she finds Peeta and hides in a cave?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katniss purify the water she finds at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
2. Who does Peeta suggest Katniss does not like because they are too much like one another?
3. Who does Katniss see picking through the wreckage of the Careers' supplies in Part 2, Chapter 17?
4. What does Katniss sing to Rue as she lies dying?
5. In what does Katniss mix the medication she feeds to Peeta?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)