|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many tributes are left alive at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 16?
2. Why does Katniss decide she must find Peeta at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) She does not want to be alone.
(b) To fulfill a promise to Haymitch.
(c) She heard that Cato injured him.
(d) To appease the sponsors and because of the rule change.
3. How does Katniss know a hovercraft is about to approach the arena during the games?
(a) A low hum fills the area.
(b) The Games' announcer tells everyone.
(c) A warning trumpet is played.
(d) The birds stop singing and one gives a warning call.
4. What part of Katniss's clothing is damaged as she runs from danger in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) Her shirt.
(b) Her jacket.
(c) Her pants.
(d) Her skirt.
5. How does Katniss clean Peeta off after she finds him in Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) She rolls him in the stream.
(b) She strips him naked and leaves his clothes on the rocks.
(c) She does not.
(d) She uses soap sent to her by a sponsor.
6. What does Katniss sing to Rue as she lies dying?
(a) A folk song taught to her by her father.
(b) The national anthem.
(c) A District Twelve lullaby.
(d) Rue's own end of day song.
7. How does Katniss leach the infection from Peeta's leg wound in Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) She presses on it.
(b) She wraps it with tree bark.
(c) She uses medicine Haymitch sent.
(d) The leaves Rue showed her to use.
8. In what does Katniss mix the medication she feeds to Peeta?
(b) Sugar berries.
9. How does Katniss treat her wounds after the natural disaster that strikes the arena?
(a) She does not.
(c) Medication from Haymitch.
(d) Water in a small pond.
10. What item does Katniss tell Rue in Part 2, Chapter 16 that she plans to steal from the Careers' supplies?
(a) A sleeping bag.
11. What does Katniss do at the end of Part 2, Chapter 13 when the Careers come to rest under the tree in which she is hiding?
(a) She lies quietly and waits for them to leave.
(b) She calls down to them and reveals her position.
(c) She shoots arrows down at them.
(d) She jumps into another tree.
12. How many times is Katniss wounded in her own attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(b) Three times.
(c) Four times.
13. Why does Katniss tell Peeta the story of how she got Prim's goat in Part 3, Chapter 20?
(a) At his request, to keep his mind off his injury.
(b) To appease Haymitch.
(c) At his request, to reveal more about her intimate life.
(d) To appease the sponsors.
14. Where does Clove threaten to begin her mutilation of Katniss as they struggle at the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
(a) The cheeks.
(b) The mouth.
(c) The chest.
(d) The forehead.
15. How does Rue react to Katniss' plot to drive the Careers away from her tree in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) She calls down to warn the Careers.
(b) She climbs out of her tree and runs.
(c) She jumps into Katniss' tree to help.
(d) She quietly moves away through the trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Katniss see with the bow and arrow she so desperately wanted from the Cornucopia?
2. Where does Cato run for protection at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
3. What wakes Katniss in the early hours of the morning at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
4. How does Katniss camouflage the opening of the cave she has been sharing with Peeta in Part 3, Chapter 21?
5. How does Peeta signal Katniss where to shoot Cato as Cato holds Peeta in a headlock?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)