|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katniss see on one of the mutts that makes her realize the mutts are meant to be reincarnations of the dead tributes?
(a) A collar with a number one on it.
(b) A collar with diamonds on it.
(c) A collar with a name on it.
(d) A collar with a plant design on it.
2. Who is the first to tell Peeta has survived in Part 3, Chapter 26?
(a) The Avox.
(d) The doctors.
3. What does Peeta reveal about his family that takes Katniss by surprise in Part 3, Chapter 23?
(a) That they do not eat the food from their bakery at all.
(b) That his mother makes him eat the stale food while everyone else eats the rich foods.
(c) That they eat the richest foods in the bakery.
(d) That they only eat the stale food from their bakery.
4. What is nightlock?
(a) Poisonous berries.
(b) A weapon.
(c) A singing bird.
(d) Leaves that cause a rash, like poison oak.
5. Who does Katniss see with the bow and arrow she so desperately wanted from the Cornucopia?
6. What do the cannon signals signify during the Hunger Games?
(a) The beginning and end of the day's fight.
(b) A natural disaster approaching.
(c) A change in rules.
(d) A death.
7. Who does Katniss hear Cato promising to kill in Part 2, Chapter 16?
8. How long was Katniss unconscious after her attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) Several hours.
(b) Several days.
(c) Several weeks.
(d) A month.
9. What are tracker jackers?
(a) A type of tracking device.
(b) Deadly popcorn treat.
(c) A poisonous bird.
(d) Government manufactured wasps.
10. How does Katniss know a hovercraft is about to approach the arena during the games?
(a) A warning trumpet is played.
(b) The birds stop singing and one gives a warning call.
(c) A low hum fills the area.
(d) The Games' announcer tells everyone.
11. Why does Katniss camouflage the opening of the cave she has been sharing with Peeta?
(a) To keep Peeta from wandering away in the middle of the night.
(b) To keep animals out of the cave.
(c) To keep the warmth in.
(d) To protect him while she is at the feast, especially if she does not return.
12. Why does Haymitch warn Katniss that she must continue to act as though she is madly in love with Peeta?
(a) To protect her family from the media storm about to fall on them.
(b) To protect Peeta's feelings.
(c) To help in Peeta's recovery.
(d) To protect her from the wrath of the president for threatening suicide by berry.
13. Where does Clove threaten to begin her mutilation of Katniss as they struggle at the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
(a) The forehead.
(b) The chest.
(c) The cheeks.
(d) The mouth.
14. How many tributes are left alive at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 16?
15. What does Haymitch send Katniss the first night after she finds Peeta and hides in a cave?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Katniss and Peeta forced to watch during the ceremony to celebrate their win of the Hunger Games?
2. Why is Katniss seeing shining things around objects as she runs into the woods after her attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
3. Who do Peeta and Katniss make fun of in Part 3, Chapter 23?
4. Who does Peeta suggest Katniss does not like because they are too much like one another?
5. What does Katniss do in Part 3, Chapter 20 to generate food for her and Peeta?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)