Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Katniss purify the water she finds at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) With a purifying machine.
(b) With hydrogen peroxide.
(c) With iodine.
(d) With alcohol.
2. What was Katniss and Rue's signal to alert one another that they are still safe?
(a) A four note tune Rue once sang to announce the end of the work day.
(b) A tune Katniss once learned from her father.
(c) A mockingbird song.
(d) A jabberjay song.
3. In what does Katniss mix the medication she feeds to Peeta?
(c) Sugar berries.
4. Why is Katniss unhappy with the rocky terrain her search for Peeta takes her?
(a) She knows she cannot fight Cato or Thresh there.
(b) She cannot hunt there.
(c) She cannot leave tracks to follow back to her camp.
(d) She knows she needs shelter when it gets dark.
5. Who does Katniss see picking through the wreckage of the Careers' supplies in Part 2, Chapter 17?
6. What does Katniss sing to Rue as she lies dying?
(a) Rue's own end of day song.
(b) A folk song taught to her by her father.
(c) A District Twelve lullaby.
(d) The national anthem.
7. What does Katniss believe to be her fault in respect to Peeta's injuries?
(a) The loss of his leg from Cato's attack.
(b) The loss of his leg from the mutt bite.
(c) The loss of his leg from infection.
(d) The loss of his leg from the tourniquet.
8. What item does Katniss tell Rue in Part 2, Chapter 16 that she plans to steal from the Careers' supplies?
(d) A sleeping bag.
9. How does Peeta signal Katniss where to shoot Cato as Cato holds Peeta in a headlock?
(a) He signals with his eyes.
(b) He marks an x on Cato's hand.
(c) He jerks in the hope that Katniss will know to fire at the right moment.
(d) He makes a hand gesture Katniss recognizes.
10. What injury does Katniss suffer in the explosion she set off to destroy the Careers supplies?
(a) A burn on her leg.
(b) A wound in her upper thigh.
(c) Damage to her ear.
(d) A cut on her forehead.
11. Where does Katniss wake after her body heals from her own attack on the Careers?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In a hole in the woods.
(c) In a tree.
(d) In a small pond.
12. What does Katniss notice the Gamemakers have begun to mess with in Part 3, Chapter 20?
(a) The light in the arena.
(b) The duration of the day in the arena.
(c) The animals living in the arena.
(d) The temperature of the arena.
13. What sign does Katniss find on the rocks that tells her she is on the right track in her search for Peeta and Part 3, Chapter 19?
(b) A lean-to near the stream.
(c) Blood stains.
(d) A hidden message written in mud.
14. How long was Katniss unconscious after her attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) Several days.
(b) A month.
(c) Several hours.
(d) Several weeks.
15. Why does Peeta urge Katniss to go easy on the rich food Haymitch has sent them at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 23?
(a) To make a prettier picture for the sponsors.
(b) To keep from getting sick.
(c) To enjoy it more.
(d) To make it last.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Katniss find the supplies that once filled the Cornucopia?
2. Why does Haymitch warn Katniss that she must continue to act as though she is madly in love with Peeta?
3. Who sneaks Katniss a roll at dinner in Part 3, Chapter 26?
4. How does Katniss camouflage the opening of the cave she has been sharing with Peeta in Part 3, Chapter 21?
5. Why does Katniss tell Peeta the story of how she got Prim's goat in Part 3, Chapter 20?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)