|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katniss believe has caused the natural disaster that settles in the arena in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) The Careers.
(b) A bored sponsor.
(c) A careless solitary tribute.
(d) The Gamemakers.
2. What does Katniss sing to Rue as she lies dying?
(a) A District Twelve lullaby.
(b) Rue's own end of day song.
(c) The national anthem.
(d) A folk song taught to her by her father.
3. Where does Cato run for protection at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
(a) The woods.
(b) The lake.
(c) The Cornucopia.
(d) A small shelter built near the lake.
4. Who does Katniss hear Cato promising to kill in Part 2, Chapter 16?
5. Who does Peeta suggest Katniss does not like because they are too much like one another?
(c) Her mother.
6. Where does Katniss find the supplies that once filled the Cornucopia?
(a) Hidden in a cave.
(b) In a pyramid next to the lake.
(c) Hidden in a hole near the Careers' camp.
(d) In the woods.
7. What is nightlock?
(a) Leaves that cause a rash, like poison oak.
(b) A weapon.
(c) A singing bird.
(d) Poisonous berries.
8. What injury does Peeta have from the mutt attack in Part 3, Chapter 25?
(a) A wound on his thigh.
(b) A deep wound in his calf.
(c) A bite on his neck.
(d) A scratch across his chest.
9. What was Katniss and Rue's signal to alert one another that they are still safe?
(a) A jabberjay song.
(b) A tune Katniss once learned from her father.
(c) A four note tune Rue once sang to announce the end of the work day.
(d) A mockingbird song.
10. How does Rue react to Katniss' plot to drive the Careers away from her tree in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) She quietly moves away through the trees.
(b) She climbs out of her tree and runs.
(c) She calls down to warn the Careers.
(d) She jumps into Katniss' tree to help.
11. What are Katniss and Peeta forced to watch during the ceremony to celebrate their win of the Hunger Games?
(a) A recap of their rescue from the arena.
(b) A recap of all the deaths suffered at their hands.
(c) A recap of the entire games.
(d) A speech by the president.
12. What do the cannon signals signify during the Hunger Games?
(a) A death.
(b) A change in rules.
(c) The beginning and end of the day's fight.
(d) A natural disaster approaching.
13. Who does Katniss see with the bow and arrow she so desperately wanted from the Cornucopia?
14. What is the one thing Rue tells Katniss she loves most in the world?
15. What part of Katniss's clothing is damaged as she runs from danger in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) Her pants.
(b) Her jacket.
(c) Her shirt.
(d) Her skirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katniss tell Peeta the story of how she got Prim's goat in Part 3, Chapter 20?
2. What does Katniss' first parachute bring her?
3. What item does Katniss tell Rue in Part 2, Chapter 16 that she plans to steal from the Careers' supplies?
4. What reason does Katniss give Rue reassurance that sponsors will soon realize her value in the competition?
5. Why does Katniss camouflage the opening of the cave she has been sharing with Peeta?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)