|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Katniss see with the bow and arrow she so desperately wanted from the Cornucopia?
2. What are Katniss and Peeta forced to watch during the ceremony to celebrate their win of the Hunger Games?
(a) A recap of all the deaths suffered at their hands.
(b) A recap of the entire games.
(c) A recap of their rescue from the arena.
(d) A speech by the president.
3. Who does Rue tell Katniss the Careers leave to watch over their food stores by the lake?
(a) A girl from District Three.
(b) A boy from District Three.
(c) A girl from District Ten.
(d) A boy from District Ten.
4. What does Katniss believe the Gamemakers will do now that there are only three tributes left?
(a) Force them into the same area.
(b) Change the rules.
(c) Stop the game.
(d) Stage another natural disaster.
5. Why is Katniss unhappy with the rocky terrain her search for Peeta takes her?
(a) She knows she cannot fight Cato or Thresh there.
(b) She knows she needs shelter when it gets dark.
(c) She cannot hunt there.
(d) She cannot leave tracks to follow back to her camp.
6. How long was Katniss unconscious after her attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) Several hours.
(b) A month.
(c) Several weeks.
(d) Several days.
7. What was Katniss and Rue's signal to alert one another that they are still safe?
(a) A tune Katniss once learned from her father.
(b) A four note tune Rue once sang to announce the end of the work day.
(c) A mockingbird song.
(d) A jabberjay song.
8. What does Katniss see on one of the mutts that makes her realize the mutts are meant to be reincarnations of the dead tributes?
(a) A collar with diamonds on it.
(b) A collar with a plant design on it.
(c) A collar with a name on it.
(d) A collar with a number one on it.
9. Who rescues Peeta as a mutt tries to pull him down from the Cornucopia in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 25?
(d) No one.
10. Who does Katniss think of when she thinks of all the kisses she and Peeta have shared since arriving in the cave?
(a) Her mother.
11. How many tributes are left at the end of Part 2, Chapter 18?
12. How does Peeta signal Katniss where to shoot Cato as Cato holds Peeta in a headlock?
(a) He marks an x on Cato's hand.
(b) He makes a hand gesture Katniss recognizes.
(c) He jerks in the hope that Katniss will know to fire at the right moment.
(d) He signals with his eyes.
13. Why is Katniss seeing shining things around objects as she runs into the woods after her attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) She is losing a great deal of blood.
(b) She is hallucinating from the tracker jacker venom.
(c) The Gamemakers have altered her sesne of sight.
(d) There really are shining things around objects.
14. What injury does Peeta have from the mutt attack in Part 3, Chapter 25?
(a) A bite on his neck.
(b) A deep wound in his calf.
(c) A wound on his thigh.
(d) A scratch across his chest.
15. What is nightlock?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A singing bird.
(c) Leaves that cause a rash, like poison oak.
(d) Poisonous berries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury does Katniss suffer in the explosion she set off to destroy the Careers supplies?
2. Why does Katniss camouflage the opening of the cave she has been sharing with Peeta?
3. Who is the first to tell Peeta has survived in Part 3, Chapter 26?
4. What do the cannon signals signify during the Hunger Games?
5. Why does Katniss tell Peeta the story of how she got Prim's goat in Part 3, Chapter 20?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)