|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the silver parachutes in the Hunger Games?
(a) They are gifts from sponsors.
(b) They are bombs from the Gamemakers.
(c) They are secret messages from the mentors to the tribute.
(d) They are secret maps of the arena from the mentors.
2. Who do Peeta and Katniss make fun of in Part 3, Chapter 23?
(c) President Snow.
3. Why does Katniss tell Peeta the story of how she got Prim's goat in Part 3, Chapter 20?
(a) To appease Haymitch.
(b) At his request, to keep his mind off his injury.
(c) At his request, to reveal more about her intimate life.
(d) To appease the sponsors.
4. Who is killed in Katniss' silent attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) Clove and Cato.
(b) Glimmer and Cato.
(c) Glimmer and the girl from District Four.
(d) The boy from District Three and Rue.
5. Why does Peeta urge Katniss to go easy on the rich food Haymitch has sent them at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 23?
(a) To keep from getting sick.
(b) To make a prettier picture for the sponsors.
(c) To enjoy it more.
(d) To make it last.
6. Who sneaks Katniss a roll at dinner in Part 3, Chapter 26?
7. What does Katniss believe to be her fault in respect to Peeta's injuries?
(a) The loss of his leg from the mutt bite.
(b) The loss of his leg from infection.
(c) The loss of his leg from the tourniquet.
(d) The loss of his leg from Cato's attack.
8. Who finds Katniss as she attempts to reclaim the bow and arrow from Glimmer in Part 2, Chapter 14?
9. What was Katniss and Rue's signal to alert one another that they are still safe?
(a) A jabberjay song.
(b) A tune Katniss once learned from her father.
(c) A four note tune Rue once sang to announce the end of the work day.
(d) A mockingbird song.
10. Where does Clove threaten to begin her mutilation of Katniss as they struggle at the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
(a) The chest.
(b) The mouth.
(c) The forehead.
(d) The cheeks.
11. What does Katniss' first parachute bring her?
(a) A lethal gas bomb to use on the Careers.
(b) Instructions on how to cut down a tree branch.
(c) Burn medicine.
(d) A map back to the Cornucopia.
12. Who is the first to retrieve a backpack at the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
13. Where do the mutts take Cato at the end of Part 3, Chapter 25?
(a) Into the woods.
(b) Into the lake.
(c) Into the Cornucopia.
(d) No where.
14. How does Katniss camouflage the opening of the cave she has been sharing with Peeta in Part 3, Chapter 21?
(a) With a tree branch cut from a nearby tree.
(b) With her burned jacket.
(c) With twigs and leaves.
(d) With rocks.
15. Who does Rue tell Katniss the Careers leave to watch over their food stores by the lake?
(a) A boy from District Ten.
(b) A boy from District Three.
(c) A girl from District Ten.
(d) A girl from District Three.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Haymitch sends a vial of medication to Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 20, what does she think it is at first?
2. Where does Cato run for protection at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
3. Why is Katniss seeing shining things around objects as she runs into the woods after her attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
4. What does Katniss use her last arrow to do in Part 3, Chapter 25?
5. Which tributes, besides Peeta and Katniss, are left in Part 3, Chapter 23?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)