|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Katniss know a hovercraft is about to approach the arena during the games?
(a) The Games' announcer tells everyone.
(b) A warning trumpet is played.
(c) A low hum fills the area.
(d) The birds stop singing and one gives a warning call.
2. Why does Katniss decide she must find Peeta at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) To fulfill a promise to Haymitch.
(b) She does not want to be alone.
(c) She heard that Cato injured him.
(d) To appease the sponsors and because of the rule change.
3. How does Katniss treat her wounds after the natural disaster that strikes the arena?
(a) Medication from Haymitch.
(c) She does not.
(d) Water in a small pond.
4. Who is the first to retrieve a backpack at the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
5. Why does Haymitch warn Katniss that she must continue to act as though she is madly in love with Peeta?
(a) To help in Peeta's recovery.
(b) To protect her family from the media storm about to fall on them.
(c) To protect her from the wrath of the president for threatening suicide by berry.
(d) To protect Peeta's feelings.
6. What does Katniss do in Part 3, Chapter 20 to generate food for her and Peeta?
(a) Sets snares.
(b) Picks berries.
(d) Calls out to Haymitch.
7. Where does Cato run for protection at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
(a) The Cornucopia.
(b) The lake.
(c) A small shelter built near the lake.
(d) The woods.
8. What is remarkable about Peeta's appearance in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) His face is bruised and he has other injuries.
(b) He has a large number of weapons on his belt.
(c) He has a serious cut on his upper thigh.
9. What does Katniss sing to Rue as she lies dying?
(a) Rue's own end of day song.
(b) A District Twelve lullaby.
(c) The national anthem.
(d) A folk song taught to her by her father.
10. When Haymitch sends a vial of medication to Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 20, what does she think it is at first?
(a) Medication to increase Peeta's waning appetite.
(b) Medication to draw out more of the infection in Peeta's leg.
(c) Medication to treat Peeta's tracker jacker stings.
(d) Medication to save Peeta's life.
11. Who is the first to tell Peeta has survived in Part 3, Chapter 26?
(c) The Avox.
(d) The doctors.
12. What reason does Katniss give Rue reassurance that sponsors will soon realize her value in the competition?
(a) She is brave.
(b) She is still alive.
(c) She is clever.
(d) She is strong.
13. Who does Rue tell Katniss the Careers leave to watch over their food stores by the lake?
(a) A girl from District Ten.
(b) A boy from District Three.
(c) A girl from District Three.
(d) A boy from District Ten.
14. How long was Katniss unconscious after her attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) Several days.
(b) A month.
(c) Several hours.
(d) Several weeks.
15. Why does Katniss decide Haymitch has not send her any water in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) He wants her to die.
(b) It is against the rules.
(c) She is near to finding a source.
(d) She has no sponsors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katniss camouflage the opening of the cave she has been sharing with Peeta?
2. What song are the mockingjays singing as Katniss and Peeta wait for Cato?
3. Why does Peeta urge Katniss to go easy on the rich food Haymitch has sent them at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 23?
4. What does Rue tell Katniss the sunglasses in her backpack are used for?
5. How many tributes are left alive at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 16?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)