|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rue tell Katniss the sunglasses in her backpack are used for?
(a) To see in darkness.
(b) To allow her to see heat signatures of the other tributes.
(c) To give her xray vision.
(d) To shade her eyes from the sun.
2. What alerts Katniss and Peeta that Cato is coming at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
(a) The cries of wovles.
(b) The mockingjays cry out in alarm.
(c) The sound of running feet.
(d) Cato's screams of terror.
3. Who is the first to tell Peeta has survived in Part 3, Chapter 26?
(a) The doctors.
(b) The Avox.
4. Why is Katniss seeing shining things around objects as she runs into the woods after her attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) She is losing a great deal of blood.
(b) There really are shining things around objects.
(c) She is hallucinating from the tracker jacker venom.
(d) The Gamemakers have altered her sesne of sight.
5. What does Katniss believe to be her fault in respect to Peeta's injuries?
(a) The loss of his leg from the mutt bite.
(b) The loss of his leg from the tourniquet.
(c) The loss of his leg from infection.
(d) The loss of his leg from Cato's attack.
6. Who does Katniss hear Cato promising to kill in Part 2, Chapter 16?
7. What reason does Katniss give Rue reassurance that sponsors will soon realize her value in the competition?
(a) She is still alive.
(b) She is strong.
(c) She is brave.
(d) She is clever.
8. Who is killed in Katniss' silent attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) Glimmer and Cato.
(b) Glimmer and the girl from District Four.
(c) The boy from District Three and Rue.
(d) Clove and Cato.
9. How long was Katniss unconscious after her attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) Several hours.
(b) Several days.
(c) A month.
(d) Several weeks.
10. How many tributes are left alive at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 16?
11. Who does Katniss see with the bow and arrow she so desperately wanted from the Cornucopia?
12. Who does Rue tell Katniss the Careers leave to watch over their food stores by the lake?
(a) A girl from District Ten.
(b) A boy from District Ten.
(c) A girl from District Three.
(d) A boy from District Three.
13. What does Katniss think is her greatest asset as she prepares to go to the feast in Part 3, Chapter 21?
(a) Her ability to run fast.
(b) Her ability to camouflage.
(c) Her ability to triumph at hand-to-hand combat.
(d) Her ability to kill at a distance.
14. Where does Cato run for protection at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
(a) The woods.
(b) A small shelter built near the lake.
(c) The Cornucopia.
(d) The lake.
15. How many tributes are left at the end of Part 2, Chapter 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss believe has caused the natural disaster that settles in the arena in Part 2, Chapter 13?
2. What injury does Peeta have from the mutt attack in Part 3, Chapter 25?
3. Why does Peeta urge Katniss to go easy on the rich food Haymitch has sent them at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 23?
4. Who does Peeta suggest Katniss does not like because they are too much like one another?
5. Which tributes, besides Peeta and Katniss, are left in Part 3, Chapter 23?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)