|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury does Peeta have from the mutt attack in Part 3, Chapter 25?
(a) A wound on his thigh.
(b) A scratch across his chest.
(c) A deep wound in his calf.
(d) A bite on his neck.
2. What does Katniss believe has caused the natural disaster that settles in the arena in Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) A careless solitary tribute.
(b) A bored sponsor.
(c) The Gamemakers.
(d) The Careers.
3. What are Katniss and Peeta forced to watch during the ceremony to celebrate their win of the Hunger Games?
(a) A recap of the entire games.
(b) A recap of all the deaths suffered at their hands.
(c) A speech by the president.
(d) A recap of their rescue from the arena.
4. Where does Katniss wake after her body heals from her own attack on the Careers?
(a) In a small pond.
(b) In a tree.
(c) In a hole in the woods.
(d) In a hospital.
5. Why is Peeta unhappy that Katniss saved his life in Part 3, Chapter 22?
(a) He does not want her to have to kill him later.
(b) He does not want to survive only to be killed by Cato.
(c) He does not want her putting her own life on the line for him.
(d) He does not want to go back to District Twelve.
6. What does Katniss do at the end of Part 2, Chapter 13 when the Careers come to rest under the tree in which she is hiding?
(a) She calls down to them and reveals her position.
(b) She jumps into another tree.
(c) She shoots arrows down at them.
(d) She lies quietly and waits for them to leave.
7. What does Peeta reveal about his family that takes Katniss by surprise in Part 3, Chapter 23?
(a) That his mother makes him eat the stale food while everyone else eats the rich foods.
(b) That they do not eat the food from their bakery at all.
(c) That they eat the richest foods in the bakery.
(d) That they only eat the stale food from their bakery.
8. Who does Katniss see with the bow and arrow she so desperately wanted from the Cornucopia?
9. Why is Katniss seeing shining things around objects as she runs into the woods after her attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) There really are shining things around objects.
(b) She is losing a great deal of blood.
(c) The Gamemakers have altered her sesne of sight.
(d) She is hallucinating from the tracker jacker venom.
10. When Haymitch sends a vial of medication to Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 20, what does she think it is at first?
(a) Medication to save Peeta's life.
(b) Medication to increase Peeta's waning appetite.
(c) Medication to draw out more of the infection in Peeta's leg.
(d) Medication to treat Peeta's tracker jacker stings.
11. Why does Haymitch warn Katniss that she must continue to act as though she is madly in love with Peeta?
(a) To protect Peeta's feelings.
(b) To protect her family from the media storm about to fall on them.
(c) To help in Peeta's recovery.
(d) To protect her from the wrath of the president for threatening suicide by berry.
12. What reason does Katniss give Rue reassurance that sponsors will soon realize her value in the competition?
(a) She is clever.
(b) She is brave.
(c) She is still alive.
(d) She is strong.
13. Why does Katniss decide Haymitch has not send her any water in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) He wants her to die.
(b) She has no sponsors.
(c) She is near to finding a source.
(d) It is against the rules.
14. Who finds Katniss as she attempts to reclaim the bow and arrow from Glimmer in Part 2, Chapter 14?
15. Why is Katniss unhappy with the rocky terrain her search for Peeta takes her?
(a) She knows she needs shelter when it gets dark.
(b) She cannot leave tracks to follow back to her camp.
(c) She cannot hunt there.
(d) She knows she cannot fight Cato or Thresh there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Katniss find the supplies that once filled the Cornucopia?
2. Why does Peeta urge Katniss to go easy on the rich food Haymitch has sent them at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 23?
3. What trap does Katniss discover Rue has fallen into when she finds her at the end of Part 2, Chapter 17?
4. Where do the mutts take Cato at the end of Part 3, Chapter 25?
5. How does Katniss leach the infection from Peeta's leg wound in Part 3, Chapter 19?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)