|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Katniss seeing shining things around objects as she runs into the woods after her attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) The Gamemakers have altered her sesne of sight.
(b) She is losing a great deal of blood.
(c) There really are shining things around objects.
(d) She is hallucinating from the tracker jacker venom.
2. In what does Katniss mix the medication she feeds to Peeta?
(a) Sugar berries.
3. What does Katniss use her last arrow to do in Part 3, Chapter 25?
(a) To signal the end of the games.
(b) To shoot one of the mutts.
(c) Make a tourniquet for Peeta, then kill Cato.
(d) To save Cato.
4. Who does Katniss see picking through the wreckage of the Careers' supplies in Part 2, Chapter 17?
5. Who is killed in Katniss' silent attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) Clove and Cato.
(b) Glimmer and the girl from District Four.
(c) Glimmer and Cato.
(d) The boy from District Three and Rue.
6. What was Katniss and Rue's signal to alert one another that they are still safe?
(a) A jabberjay song.
(b) A four note tune Rue once sang to announce the end of the work day.
(c) A tune Katniss once learned from her father.
(d) A mockingbird song.
7. What does Katniss sing to Rue as she lies dying?
(a) The national anthem.
(b) A folk song taught to her by her father.
(c) A District Twelve lullaby.
(d) Rue's own end of day song.
8. What is nightlock?
(a) Leaves that cause a rash, like poison oak.
(b) A singing bird.
(c) Poisonous berries.
(d) A weapon.
9. What reason does Katniss give Rue reassurance that sponsors will soon realize her value in the competition?
(a) She is clever.
(b) She is brave.
(c) She is strong.
(d) She is still alive.
10. Which tributes, besides Peeta and Katniss, are left in Part 3, Chapter 23?
(a) Cato and Thresh.
(b) Cato and Foxface.
(c) Foxface and Thresh.
(d) Cato and Clove.
11. What alerts Katniss and Peeta that Cato is coming at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
(a) The mockingjays cry out in alarm.
(b) The cries of wovles.
(c) The sound of running feet.
(d) Cato's screams of terror.
12. Who is the first to tell Peeta has survived in Part 3, Chapter 26?
(a) The Avox.
(d) The doctors.
13. How does Katniss know a hovercraft is about to approach the arena during the games?
(a) The birds stop singing and one gives a warning call.
(b) The Games' announcer tells everyone.
(c) A low hum fills the area.
(d) A warning trumpet is played.
14. How does Katniss treat her wounds after the natural disaster that strikes the arena?
(a) Medication from Haymitch.
(c) She does not.
(d) Water in a small pond.
15. Where does Katniss find the supplies that once filled the Cornucopia?
(a) Hidden in a cave.
(b) Hidden in a hole near the Careers' camp.
(c) In a pyramid next to the lake.
(d) In the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Katniss unhappy with the rocky terrain her search for Peeta takes her?
2. Why does Peeta urge Katniss to go easy on the rich food Haymitch has sent them at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 23?
3. What does Katniss believe the Gamemakers will do now that there are only three tributes left?
4. What does Katniss believe has caused the natural disaster that settles in the arena in Part 2, Chapter 13?
5. What trap does Katniss discover Rue has fallen into when she finds her at the end of Part 2, Chapter 17?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)