|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Katniss see picking through the wreckage of the Careers' supplies in Part 2, Chapter 17?
2. What item does Katniss tell Rue in Part 2, Chapter 16 that she plans to steal from the Careers' supplies?
(c) A sleeping bag.
3. Who does Rue tell Katniss the Careers leave to watch over their food stores by the lake?
(a) A girl from District Three.
(b) A girl from District Ten.
(c) A boy from District Ten.
(d) A boy from District Three.
4. What is remarkable about Peeta's appearance in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) He has a large number of weapons on his belt.
(b) His face is bruised and he has other injuries.
(c) He has a serious cut on his upper thigh.
5. What does Katniss believe the Gamemakers will do now that there are only three tributes left?
(a) Force them into the same area.
(b) Change the rules.
(c) Stop the game.
(d) Stage another natural disaster.
6. What are tracker jackers?
(a) Government manufactured wasps.
(b) A poisonous bird.
(c) A type of tracking device.
(d) Deadly popcorn treat.
7. What causes Katniss to wonder at the end of Part 3, Chapter 22 if Peeta might really be in love with her?
(a) His story about his father's love for her mother.
(b) His statement about her father's ability to silence the birds.
(c) His anger at her for putting her life in danger for him.
(d) His statement that he was lucky to be picked in the reaping with her.
8. What item in the backpack Katniss managed to grab at the Cornucopia does not appear to work properly?
(a) A sleeping bag.
(b) A water purifier.
(c) A pair of sunglasses.
(d) A plastic rain coat.
9. How many tributes are left alive at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 16?
10. What does Katniss use her last arrow to do in Part 3, Chapter 25?
(a) To signal the end of the games.
(b) To save Cato.
(c) Make a tourniquet for Peeta, then kill Cato.
(d) To shoot one of the mutts.
11. What does Katniss reveal in Part 3, Chapter 19 causes her queasiness?
(a) Injured people.
12. Who is the first to tell Peeta has survived in Part 3, Chapter 26?
(a) The Avox.
(b) The doctors.
13. Where does Katniss hit Clove with an arrow as she attacks in Part 3, Chapter 21?
(a) The heart.
(b) The right arm.
(c) The head.
(d) The left arm.
14. How does Katniss clean Peeta off after she finds him in Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) She strips him naked and leaves his clothes on the rocks.
(b) She does not.
(c) She uses soap sent to her by a sponsor.
(d) She rolls him in the stream.
15. What injury does Peeta have from the mutt attack in Part 3, Chapter 25?
(a) A wound on his thigh.
(b) A bite on his neck.
(c) A scratch across his chest.
(d) A deep wound in his calf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peeta reveal about his family that takes Katniss by surprise in Part 3, Chapter 23?
2. What alerts Katniss and Peeta that Cato is coming at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
3. How does Katniss leach the infection from Peeta's leg wound in Part 3, Chapter 19?
4. Who do Peeta and Katniss make fun of in Part 3, Chapter 23?
5. Who does Peeta suggest Katniss does not like because they are too much like one another?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)