|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cato run for protection at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
(a) The woods.
(b) The lake.
(c) A small shelter built near the lake.
(d) The Cornucopia.
2. Which tributes, besides Peeta and Katniss, are left in Part 3, Chapter 23?
(a) Cato and Thresh.
(b) Foxface and Thresh.
(c) Cato and Clove.
(d) Cato and Foxface.
3. How does Katniss clean Peeta off after she finds him in Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) She does not.
(b) She rolls him in the stream.
(c) She uses soap sent to her by a sponsor.
(d) She strips him naked and leaves his clothes on the rocks.
4. Why does Katniss decide she must find Peeta at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) To appease the sponsors and because of the rule change.
(b) To fulfill a promise to Haymitch.
(c) She does not want to be alone.
(d) She heard that Cato injured him.
5. Who rescues Peeta as a mutt tries to pull him down from the Cornucopia in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 25?
(a) No one.
6. How does Katniss leach the infection from Peeta's leg wound in Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) She presses on it.
(b) She uses medicine Haymitch sent.
(c) The leaves Rue showed her to use.
(d) She wraps it with tree bark.
7. What does Katniss notice the Gamemakers have begun to mess with in Part 3, Chapter 20?
(a) The temperature of the arena.
(b) The animals living in the arena.
(c) The light in the arena.
(d) The duration of the day in the arena.
8. What are tracker jackers?
(a) Government manufactured wasps.
(b) A type of tracking device.
(c) Deadly popcorn treat.
(d) A poisonous bird.
9. Why is Katniss unhappy with the rocky terrain her search for Peeta takes her?
(a) She cannot leave tracks to follow back to her camp.
(b) She knows she cannot fight Cato or Thresh there.
(c) She knows she needs shelter when it gets dark.
(d) She cannot hunt there.
10. Why does Peeta urge Katniss to go easy on the rich food Haymitch has sent them at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 23?
(a) To keep from getting sick.
(b) To enjoy it more.
(c) To make it last.
(d) To make a prettier picture for the sponsors.
11. What are Katniss and Peeta forced to watch during the ceremony to celebrate their win of the Hunger Games?
(a) A speech by the president.
(b) A recap of the entire games.
(c) A recap of all the deaths suffered at their hands.
(d) A recap of their rescue from the arena.
12. What does Katniss do at the end of Part 2, Chapter 13 when the Careers come to rest under the tree in which she is hiding?
(a) She shoots arrows down at them.
(b) She lies quietly and waits for them to leave.
(c) She jumps into another tree.
(d) She calls down to them and reveals her position.
13. What is the significance of the silver parachutes in the Hunger Games?
(a) They are secret maps of the arena from the mentors.
(b) They are secret messages from the mentors to the tribute.
(c) They are bombs from the Gamemakers.
(d) They are gifts from sponsors.
14. Where is Katniss injured during her fight with Clove in Part 3, Chapter 21?
(a) The chest.
(b) The arm.
(c) The leg.
(d) The forehead.
15. What is the one thing Rue tells Katniss she loves most in the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Katniss think of when she thinks of all the kisses she and Peeta have shared since arriving in the cave?
2. What does Katniss believe to be her fault in respect to Peeta's injuries?
3. What does Katniss do in Part 3, Chapter 20 to generate food for her and Peeta?
4. When Haymitch sends a vial of medication to Katniss in Part 3, Chapter 20, what does she think it is at first?
5. Who is killed in Katniss' silent attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)