|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to tell Peeta has survived in Part 3, Chapter 26?
(a) The Avox.
(c) The doctors.
2. Who does Katniss see with the bow and arrow she so desperately wanted from the Cornucopia?
3. Where does Katniss wake after her body heals from her own attack on the Careers?
(a) In a hospital.
(b) In a small pond.
(c) In a hole in the woods.
(d) In a tree.
4. What is remarkable about Peeta's appearance in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(b) His face is bruised and he has other injuries.
(c) He has a large number of weapons on his belt.
(d) He has a serious cut on his upper thigh.
5. Why is Peeta unhappy that Katniss saved his life in Part 3, Chapter 22?
(a) He does not want to go back to District Twelve.
(b) He does not want her putting her own life on the line for him.
(c) He does not want her to have to kill him later.
(d) He does not want to survive only to be killed by Cato.
6. Why does Katniss decide she must find Peeta at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) She heard that Cato injured him.
(b) She does not want to be alone.
(c) To fulfill a promise to Haymitch.
(d) To appease the sponsors and because of the rule change.
7. How does Peeta signal Katniss where to shoot Cato as Cato holds Peeta in a headlock?
(a) He makes a hand gesture Katniss recognizes.
(b) He marks an x on Cato's hand.
(c) He jerks in the hope that Katniss will know to fire at the right moment.
(d) He signals with his eyes.
8. How does Rue react to Katniss' plot to drive the Careers away from her tree in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) She climbs out of her tree and runs.
(b) She quietly moves away through the trees.
(c) She jumps into Katniss' tree to help.
(d) She calls down to warn the Careers.
9. How does Katniss know a hovercraft is about to approach the arena during the games?
(a) The Games' announcer tells everyone.
(b) The birds stop singing and one gives a warning call.
(c) A low hum fills the area.
(d) A warning trumpet is played.
10. What is nightlock?
(a) Leaves that cause a rash, like poison oak.
(b) A singing bird.
(c) A weapon.
(d) Poisonous berries.
11. Who sneaks Katniss a roll at dinner in Part 3, Chapter 26?
12. What does Katniss' first parachute bring her?
(a) A lethal gas bomb to use on the Careers.
(b) A map back to the Cornucopia.
(c) Burn medicine.
(d) Instructions on how to cut down a tree branch.
13. How does Katniss leach the infection from Peeta's leg wound in Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) She presses on it.
(b) The leaves Rue showed her to use.
(c) She uses medicine Haymitch sent.
(d) She wraps it with tree bark.
14. What does Katniss reveal in Part 3, Chapter 19 causes her queasiness?
(c) Injured people.
15. Which tributes, besides Peeta and Katniss, are left in Part 3, Chapter 23?
(a) Cato and Clove.
(b) Cato and Foxface.
(c) Foxface and Thresh.
(d) Cato and Thresh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Katniss as she attempts to reclaim the bow and arrow from Glimmer in Part 2, Chapter 14?
2. What reason does Katniss give Rue reassurance that sponsors will soon realize her value in the competition?
3. What is the one thing Rue tells Katniss she loves most in the world?
4. What trap does Katniss discover Rue has fallen into when she finds her at the end of Part 2, Chapter 17?
5. Where does Cato run for protection at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)