|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Katniss see with the bow and arrow she so desperately wanted from the Cornucopia?
2. What item in the backpack Katniss managed to grab at the Cornucopia does not appear to work properly?
(a) A plastic rain coat.
(b) A pair of sunglasses.
(c) A water purifier.
(d) A sleeping bag.
3. How does Katniss purify the water she finds at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) With a purifying machine.
(b) With hydrogen peroxide.
(c) With alcohol.
(d) With iodine.
4. How many tributes are left alive at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 16?
5. What wakes Katniss in the early hours of the morning at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) A fire ball.
(b) The cannon fire of a tribute's weapon.
(c) The Careers.
(d) The stampeding of animals running from a wall of fire.
6. What are tracker jackers?
(a) A poisonous bird.
(b) Government manufactured wasps.
(c) Deadly popcorn treat.
(d) A type of tracking device.
7. How long was Katniss unconscious after her attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) Several hours.
(b) Several days.
(c) Several weeks.
(d) A month.
8. What is the one thing Rue tells Katniss she loves most in the world?
9. What is remarkable about Peeta's appearance in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(b) He has a serious cut on his upper thigh.
(c) He has a large number of weapons on his belt.
(d) His face is bruised and he has other injuries.
10. What alerts Katniss and Peeta that Cato is coming at the end of Part 3, Chapter 24?
(a) The cries of wovles.
(b) The mockingjays cry out in alarm.
(c) The sound of running feet.
(d) Cato's screams of terror.
11. Where do the mutts take Cato at the end of Part 3, Chapter 25?
(a) Into the lake.
(b) Into the woods.
(c) Into the Cornucopia.
(d) No where.
12. Which tributes, besides Peeta and Katniss, are left in Part 3, Chapter 23?
(a) Cato and Foxface.
(b) Cato and Thresh.
(c) Cato and Clove.
(d) Foxface and Thresh.
13. How many times is Katniss wounded in her own attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) Three times.
(c) Four times.
14. Who does Katniss hear Cato promising to kill in Part 2, Chapter 16?
15. What awaits Katniss and Peeta as they return to District Twelve?
(b) A return to their mundane lives.
(c) Many reporters and their loved ones.
(d) Funerals for the dead tributes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Cornucopia made of?
2. Why does Katniss tell Peeta the story of how she got Prim's goat in Part 3, Chapter 20?
3. What does Peeta reveal about his family that takes Katniss by surprise in Part 3, Chapter 23?
4. Where is Katniss injured during her fight with Clove in Part 3, Chapter 21?
5. Why does Haymitch warn Katniss that she must continue to act as though she is madly in love with Peeta?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)