|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does Katniss mix the medication she feeds to Peeta?
(d) Sugar berries.
2. What does Katniss use her last arrow to do in Part 3, Chapter 25?
(a) To save Cato.
(b) Make a tourniquet for Peeta, then kill Cato.
(c) To shoot one of the mutts.
(d) To signal the end of the games.
3. Why does Katniss camouflage the opening of the cave she has been sharing with Peeta?
(a) To keep animals out of the cave.
(b) To keep Peeta from wandering away in the middle of the night.
(c) To keep the warmth in.
(d) To protect him while she is at the feast, especially if she does not return.
4. How does Rue react to Katniss' plot to drive the Careers away from her tree in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) She climbs out of her tree and runs.
(b) She quietly moves away through the trees.
(c) She jumps into Katniss' tree to help.
(d) She calls down to warn the Careers.
5. What does Rue tell Katniss the sunglasses in her backpack are used for?
(a) To shade her eyes from the sun.
(b) To allow her to see heat signatures of the other tributes.
(c) To see in darkness.
(d) To give her xray vision.
6. What are Katniss and Peeta forced to watch during the ceremony to celebrate their win of the Hunger Games?
(a) A recap of all the deaths suffered at their hands.
(b) A speech by the president.
(c) A recap of the entire games.
(d) A recap of their rescue from the arena.
7. Why is Katniss seeing shining things around objects as she runs into the woods after her attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
(a) She is hallucinating from the tracker jacker venom.
(b) There really are shining things around objects.
(c) The Gamemakers have altered her sesne of sight.
(d) She is losing a great deal of blood.
8. Why does Katniss tell Peeta the story of how she got Prim's goat in Part 3, Chapter 20?
(a) At his request, to reveal more about her intimate life.
(b) To appease Haymitch.
(c) To appease the sponsors.
(d) At his request, to keep his mind off his injury.
9. Where does Katniss wake after her body heals from her own attack on the Careers?
(a) In a small pond.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In a hole in the woods.
(d) In a tree.
10. Why does Haymitch warn Katniss that she must continue to act as though she is madly in love with Peeta?
(a) To protect her from the wrath of the president for threatening suicide by berry.
(b) To protect her family from the media storm about to fall on them.
(c) To protect Peeta's feelings.
(d) To help in Peeta's recovery.
11. Who is the first to tell Peeta has survived in Part 3, Chapter 26?
(b) The Avox.
(d) The doctors.
12. Where do the mutts take Cato at the end of Part 3, Chapter 25?
(a) Into the Cornucopia.
(b) No where.
(c) Into the lake.
(d) Into the woods.
13. What is remarkable about Peeta's appearance in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(b) He has a large number of weapons on his belt.
(c) His face is bruised and he has other injuries.
(d) He has a serious cut on his upper thigh.
14. What part of Katniss's clothing is damaged as she runs from danger in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) Her skirt.
(b) Her jacket.
(c) Her pants.
(d) Her shirt.
15. What does Katniss reveal in Part 3, Chapter 19 causes her queasiness?
(a) Injured people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Katniss to wonder at the end of Part 3, Chapter 22 if Peeta might really be in love with her?
2. What roles do Katniss and Peeta chose for themselves in regards to providing for their continuing survival?
3. What song are the mockingjays singing as Katniss and Peeta wait for Cato?
4. How does Katniss treat her wounds after the natural disaster that strikes the arena?
5. What item does Katniss tell Rue in Part 2, Chapter 16 that she plans to steal from the Careers' supplies?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)