|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mode of transportation does Katniss ride after the opening ceremonies that she would like to ride again but feels it might be childish?
(a) A crystal elevator.
(b) A subway train.
(c) An escalator.
(d) A shuttle bus.
2. What is placed into Katniss' forearm before she leaves the training center?
(a) A bracelet that identifies her.
(b) A homing beacon for the other tributes to find her easily.
(c) A tracking device for the Gamemakers to keep track of her.
(d) A bracelet that identifies her district.
3. What gift does the baker bring Katniss when he comes to say goodbye?
(c) A cake.
(d) A locket.
4. Who is on board the train with the tributes from District Twelve whose job it is to care for them?
(a) Workers from the Capitol.
(b) Workers from District Two.
(c) Workers from the train company.
(d) Workers from District Twelve.
5. What item did Peeta once take a beating from his mother to give to Katniss, leaving her indebted to him?
6. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
(a) Effie's crooked wig.
(b) The mayor's uncomfortable speech.
(c) Haymitch's fall from the stage.
(d) Their own appearances.
7. Why does Katniss believe she can get a weapon and some supplies from the Cornucopia despite Haymitch's advice to ignore the Cornucopia?
(a) The others are distracted by checking out the area around them.
(b) She is the only one who can use the bow and arrow.
(c) The others are distracted by the announcer's voice.
(d) She can run faster than most of the other tributes.
8. Which other tribute does Katniss take special notice of while watching the reapings from the other districts?
(a) A crippled boy from District Ten.
(b) The beautiful girl from District One.
(c) A beautiful fisherman from District Four.
(d) The twelve year old from District Eleven.
9. Where are the training rooms located in the training center?
(a) The roof.
(b) Below ground level.
(c) In the center.
(d) On the ground floor.
10. What helps calm Katniss in the early morning hours of the first full day at the training center?
(a) Peeta's presence.
(b) A good breakfast.
(c) A long talk with Effie.
(d) Clothing that resemble what she wore back home.
11. What is District Twelve?
(a) An agricultural community in Panem.
(b) A fishing community in Panem.
(c) An industrial community in Panem.
(d) A coal mining community in Panem.
12. What is Katniss' interview dress covered in that makes it appear that she is on fire?
(a) Synthetic flames.
(b) Precious gems.
(d) Multicolored silk.
13. What is the Hob?
(a) The section of District Twelve where Katniss lives.
(b) An illegal black market in District Twelve.
(c) The woods near District Twelve.
(d) The section of District Twelve where the blue collar workers live.
14. Why does Katniss wake early the first morning in the training center?
(a) She is anxious to begin the games.
(b) She has had nightmares.
(c) She is homesick.
(d) She is excited to begin training.
15. What causes the death of another tribute within site of Katniss' hidden sleeping position in a tree the first night of the Hunger Games?
(a) She lights a fire in the open.
(b) She panics and announces her presence to the Careers.
(c) She commits suicide out of homesickness.
(d) She runs into a bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Haymitch say about Peeta's announcement at the end of the interviews?
2. What is Katniss' design team doing to her as Part 1, Chapter 5 begins?
3. What happens if a tribute steps off of their platform too early?
4. Who is in Katniss' room when she returns from talking to Peeta on the roof?
5. On whose face do the cameras remain even during the President's speech at the end of the opening ceremony?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)