|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katniss think of Peeta's actions?
(a) Peeta is in love with the notoriety he has just gained as a tribute.
(b) Peeta is devious and is trying to trick her into friendship.
(c) Peeta is fighting hard to live, which means he is fighting hard to kill her.
(d) Peeta is honestly a good guy.
2. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
3. Who are Career tributes?
(a) Trainers who teach the other tributes how to fight and win the games.
(b) Paid volunteers who are hired by rich families to take their children's places in the games.
(c) Tributes from the richer districts who train year round for the games and feel going to the games is an honor.
(d) Tributes from districts that specialize in professional industries.
4. What mode of transportation does Katniss ride after the opening ceremonies that she would like to ride again but feels it might be childish?
(a) An escalator.
(b) A crystal elevator.
(c) A subway train.
(d) A shuttle bus.
5. What does Katniss note about Haymitch's appearance and behavior at dinner the first night in the training center?
(a) He is clean and appears sober.
(b) He is calm and friendly.
(c) He is drunk and dirty.
(d) He is beligerant and angry.
6. How often do high scoring tributes win the Hunger Games?
(a) Most of the time.
(c) Every time.
7. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
(a) That she will try to come back.
(b) That she will die a good death.
(c) That she will protect Peeta.
(d) That she will write every day.
8. What is the Hob?
(a) An illegal black market in District Twelve.
(b) The woods near District Twelve.
(c) The section of District Twelve where Katniss lives.
(d) The section of District Twelve where the blue collar workers live.
9. What is the only aspect of Katniss' appearance that her design team approves of?
(a) Her hairstyle that her mother created with multiple braids.
(b) Her thin, supple body.
(c) Her classic roman features.
(d) Her strong, clean nails.
10. What weapon does Katniss have hidden in the woods which she uses to hunt with?
(c) Bow and arrow.
11. Why does Katniss believe she can get a weapon and some supplies from the Cornucopia despite Haymitch's advice to ignore the Cornucopia?
(a) The others are distracted by checking out the area around them.
(b) She can run faster than most of the other tributes.
(c) The others are distracted by the announcer's voice.
(d) She is the only one who can use the bow and arrow.
12. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
(a) One might be rich and willing to sponsor him.
(b) It might intimidate the other tributes.
(c) It never hurts to be nice.
(d) He is excited by the situation.
13. What is placed into Katniss' forearm before she leaves the training center?
(a) A homing beacon for the other tributes to find her easily.
(b) A tracking device for the Gamemakers to keep track of her.
(c) A bracelet that identifies her district.
(d) A bracelet that identifies her.
14. Whose is the first name called in the reaping?
(a) Primrose Everdeen.
(b) Haymitch Abernathy.
(c) Katniss Everdeen.
(d) Peeta Mellark.
15. Why does Katniss think the Avox remembers her from the woods on the day of the girl's capture?
(a) You do not forget your last living relative.
(b) You do not forget your last friend.
(c) You do not forget your last hope.
(d) You do not forget your last conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peeta's one fear the night before going into the Hunger Games?
2. What target does Katniss hit with her arrow during the individual demonstration that causes a shower of sparks to fall on the floor?
3. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
4. What causes the death of another tribute within site of Katniss' hidden sleeping position in a tree the first night of the Hunger Games?
5. What does Haymitch complain about in Part 1, Chapter 9 as he attempts to prepare Katniss for the interview?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)