|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katniss think the Avox remembers her from the woods on the day of the girl's capture?
(a) You do not forget your last conversation.
(b) You do not forget your last living relative.
(c) You do not forget your last friend.
(d) You do not forget your last hope.
2. What is Katniss' interview dress covered in that makes it appear that she is on fire?
(a) Multicolored silk.
(c) Precious gems.
(d) Synthetic flames.
3. Who is the first to greet Katniss and Peeta as they enter the Training Center?
(a) Their mentors.
(b) The President.
(c) The prep teams.
(d) The other tributes.
4. What nickname does Gale use with Katniss?
5. Who are Career tributes?
(a) Tributes from districts that specialize in professional industries.
(b) Tributes from the richer districts who train year round for the games and feel going to the games is an honor.
(c) Trainers who teach the other tributes how to fight and win the games.
(d) Paid volunteers who are hired by rich families to take their children's places in the games.
6. What is the main goal of getting a high score from the Gamemakers in the individual demonstrations?
(a) Release from the games.
(b) To get gifts from the Gamemakers.
(d) To intimidate the other tributes.
7. What weapon does Katniss have hidden in the woods which she uses to hunt with?
(b) Bow and arrow.
8. What happens to the arenas that were built specifically for the Hunger Games after the games are over?
(a) They are turned into memorial sites for the dead tributes.
(b) They are turned into tourist attractions.
(c) They are left to ruin.
(d) They are destroyed and rebuilt for the following year's games.
9. What does Katniss think will happen to her and Peeta's friendship strategy once they are in the arena?
(a) It will help them win sponsors.
(b) It will continue to intimidate the competition.
(c) It will blow up in their faces.
(d) It will help them make alliances.
10. What is Panem?
(a) The country where Katniss lives.
(b) The hotel where Katniss lives.
(c) The ocean near where Katniss lives.
(d) The town where Katniss lives.
11. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
(a) Haymitch's fall from the stage.
(b) The mayor's uncomfortable speech.
(c) Effie's crooked wig.
(d) Their own appearances.
12. What causes the death of another tribute within site of Katniss' hidden sleeping position in a tree the first night of the Hunger Games?
(a) She panics and announces her presence to the Careers.
(b) She commits suicide out of homesickness.
(c) She lights a fire in the open.
(d) She runs into a bear.
13. Who is on board the train with the tributes from District Twelve whose job it is to care for them?
(a) Workers from the train company.
(b) Workers from District Two.
(c) Workers from the Capitol.
(d) Workers from District Twelve.
14. Who is Delly Cartwright?
(a) An Avox.
(b) A girl from District Two.
(c) A slave.
(d) A girl from District Twelve.
15. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
(a) She draws the names of the tributes.
(b) She introduces the previous winners from District Twelve.
(c) She directs the television crews.
(d) She reads the history of Panem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which other tribute does Katniss take special notice of while watching the reapings from the other districts?
2. Why does Katniss refuse to cry in Part 1, Chapter 3 even as she leaves her family and home behind her?
3. Why does Katniss believe she can get a weapon and some supplies from the Cornucopia despite Haymitch's advice to ignore the Cornucopia?
4. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
5. What score does Peeta get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)