|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Seam?
(a) The section of District Twelve where the coal miners live.
(b) The illegal trading post in District Twelve.
(c) The edge of District Twelve's boundary.
(d) The end of the earth.
2. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
(a) It might intimidate the other tributes.
(b) One might be rich and willing to sponsor him.
(c) He is excited by the situation.
(d) It never hurts to be nice.
3. Where are the training rooms located in the training center?
(a) On the ground floor.
(b) Below ground level.
(c) In the center.
(d) The roof.
4. What can Prim sell that will help she and her mother survive?
(a) Herbs and spices.
(c) Goat milk and cheese.
(d) Fresh meat.
5. What does Katniss think of the meal she shares with Cinna on their first meeting?
(a) That the Capitol is trying to starve her before the Hunger Games.
(b) It is too rich.
(c) It does not taste very good.
(d) That she could never afford to make such a meal in Distict Twelve.
6. What weapon does Katniss have hidden in the woods which she uses to hunt with?
(b) Bow and arrow.
7. What score does Katniss get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
8. What reaction does Katniss get when she shoots an arrow through the apple in the mouth of a roast pig?
(c) Astonishment and disbelief.
9. What does Haymitch consider a rebellion about Peeta and Katniss' actions in the opening ceremonies?
(a) Their holding hands.
(b) Their choice to sit together in the chariot.
(c) Their refusal to listen to the president's speech.
(d) Their fire suits.
10. What happens if a tribute steps off of their platform too early?
(a) They are taken out of the game.
(b) They are given a time penalty.
(c) A land mine is detonated.
(d) They are imprisoned and sentenced to death.
11. Who is the first to greet Katniss and Peeta as they enter the Training Center?
(a) The President.
(b) The prep teams.
(c) Their mentors.
(d) The other tributes.
12. Whose is the first name called in the reaping?
(a) Primrose Everdeen.
(b) Katniss Everdeen.
(c) Haymitch Abernathy.
(d) Peeta Mellark.
13. What is the Hob?
(a) The section of District Twelve where the blue collar workers live.
(b) The section of District Twelve where Katniss lives.
(c) An illegal black market in District Twelve.
(d) The woods near District Twelve.
14. Who are Career tributes?
(a) Tributes from districts that specialize in professional industries.
(b) Tributes from the richer districts who train year round for the games and feel going to the games is an honor.
(c) Trainers who teach the other tributes how to fight and win the games.
(d) Paid volunteers who are hired by rich families to take their children's places in the games.
15. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
(a) Adds flowers.
(b) Removes the headpieces.
(c) Rips them away.
(d) Lights them on fire with synthetic fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the distinct elements of fashion in the Capitol that Katniss notes among her design team?
2. What causes the death of another tribute within site of Katniss' hidden sleeping position in a tree the first night of the Hunger Games?
3. What does Katniss throw out the window of the train?
4. Who tells Katniss to focus on him during the interview to help her feel more comfortable?
5. What is in the trees growing in the roof garden on the training center?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)