|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Haymitch instruct Peeta and Katniss to do as they enter the interview area?
(a) Answer the questions honestly.
(b) Remember their coaching.
(c) Signal their families at home with prearranged signals.
(d) Act like a happy couple.
2. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
(a) It never hurts to be nice.
(b) He is excited by the situation.
(c) One might be rich and willing to sponsor him.
(d) It might intimidate the other tributes.
3. Why does Katniss think the Avox remembers her from the woods on the day of the girl's capture?
(a) You do not forget your last friend.
(b) You do not forget your last hope.
(c) You do not forget your last living relative.
(d) You do not forget your last conversation.
4. What is the main component of the outfit Cinna dresses Katniss in for the opening ceremony of the Hunger Games?
(a) A white wedding dress.
(b) A green unitard.
(c) A purple mask.
(d) A cape of red, yellow, and orange streams.
5. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
(a) Haymitch's fall from the stage.
(b) Their own appearances.
(c) Effie's crooked wig.
(d) The mayor's uncomfortable speech.
6. What did Peeta do in his individual demonstration for the Gamemakers?
(a) He threw knives.
(b) He painted a picture on the floor.
(c) He threw around some heavy objects.
(d) He wrestled an Avox.
7. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
8. What is the object of the outfits the tributes wear in the opening ceremony?
(a) To represent their industry in their district.
(b) To show off their strengths.
(c) To represent their special interests and hobbies.
(d) To show off their district pride.
9. In Part 1, Chapter 8, what is Katniss's reaction to her own actions during the individual demonstrations for the Gamemakers?
(a) She thinks she will score high.
(b) She thinks she did really well.
(c) She thinks she blew her chances at sponsorship.
(d) She thinks she might be turned into an Avox.
10. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
(a) That she will try to come back.
(b) That she will die a good death.
(c) That she will protect Peeta.
(d) That she will write every day.
11. How long are the tributes forced to stand on their platforms before rushing to gather supplies at the Cornucopia at the start of the games?
(a) Sixty seconds.
(b) Thirty seconds.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Two minutes.
12. Where are the training rooms located in the training center?
(a) The roof.
(b) Below ground level.
(c) On the ground floor.
(d) In the center.
13. What does Katniss wonder if the Avox will enjoy?
(a) Her freedom.
(b) Katniss' victory.
(c) Katniss' death.
(d) Her own death.
14. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
(a) Natural disasters and war.
(b) Drought and famine.
(c) War and nuclear fallout.
(d) Excess and glutton.
15. What does Haymitch say about Peeta's announcement at the end of the interviews?
(a) He made Katniss seem weak.
(b) He made Katniss seem honorable.
(c) He made Katniss seem childish.
(d) He made Katniss seem desirable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the death of another tribute within site of Katniss' hidden sleeping position in a tree the first night of the Hunger Games?
2. What does Haymitch complain about in Part 1, Chapter 9 as he attempts to prepare Katniss for the interview?
3. What is Peeta's one fear the night before going into the Hunger Games?
4. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
5. What is Buttercup?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)