|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peeta's one fear the night before going into the Hunger Games?
(a) His family will suffer after his death.
(b) Katniss will die.
(c) He might disgrace himself or change into someone he is not.
(d) He will die.
2. Why does Effie encourage Peeta and Katniss to continue to wow the audience?
(a) To gain the support of the president.
(b) To intimidate the other tributes.
(c) To win the support of the Gamemakers.
(d) To get more sponsors.
3. What mode of transportation does Katniss ride after the opening ceremonies that she would like to ride again but feels it might be childish?
(a) A shuttle bus.
(b) An escalator.
(c) A crystal elevator.
(d) A subway train.
4. What animal is said to live in the woods outside District Twelve that makes the fence necessary and keeps many from going into the woods?
(c) Tracker jackers.
(d) Wild dogs.
5. How long are the tributes forced to stand on their platforms before rushing to gather supplies at the Cornucopia at the start of the games?
(a) Thirty seconds.
(b) Sixty seconds.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Two minutes.
6. What does Katniss think will happen to her and Peeta's friendship strategy once they are in the arena?
(a) It will blow up in their faces.
(b) It will help them make alliances.
(c) It will continue to intimidate the competition.
(d) It will help them win sponsors.
7. Who is Cinna?
(a) Katniss' stylist.
(b) Katniss' hairdresser.
(c) Katniss' tutor.
(d) Katniss' cousin.
8. What is Katniss' interview dress covered in that makes it appear that she is on fire?
(b) Precious gems.
(c) Synthetic flames.
(d) Multicolored silk.
9. What is Buttercup?
(a) A goose.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A goat.
10. How does the Avox respond when Katniss tries to apologize in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) She cries.
(b) She leaves the room without responding.
(c) She becomes angry and walks away.
(d) She gestures that Katniss did the right thing.
11. What does Katniss note about Haymitch's appearance and behavior at dinner the first night in the training center?
(a) He is drunk and dirty.
(b) He is clean and appears sober.
(c) He is beligerant and angry.
(d) He is calm and friendly.
12. What catches Katniss' attention about the dessert served the first night in the training center?
(a) It is made with rare berries.
(b) It is flavored with powdered sugar.
(c) It burns.
(d) It is four layers tall.
13. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
(a) She draws the names of the tributes.
(b) She directs the television crews.
(c) She reads the history of Panem.
(d) She introduces the previous winners from District Twelve.
14. Who is Atala?
(a) The head Gamemaker.
(b) A servant in the cafeteria.
(c) The Avox in charge of cleaning the training room.
(d) The head trainer.
15. What is the Hob?
(a) The woods near District Twelve.
(b) The section of District Twelve where the blue collar workers live.
(c) An illegal black market in District Twelve.
(d) The section of District Twelve where Katniss lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. On whose face do the cameras remain even during the President's speech at the end of the opening ceremony?
2. What is placed into Katniss' forearm before she leaves the training center?
3. What is one of the distinct elements of fashion in the Capitol that Katniss notes among her design team?
4. What does Haymitch complain about in Part 1, Chapter 9 as he attempts to prepare Katniss for the interview?
5. What is the Seam?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)