|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What score does Katniss get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
2. How many times is Gale entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
3. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
(a) Natural disasters and war.
(b) Drought and famine.
(c) Excess and glutton.
(d) War and nuclear fallout.
4. What weapon does Gale recommend Katniss get as soon as she can in the Hunger Games' arena?
(b) Bow and arrow.
5. Whose is the first name called in the reaping?
(a) Katniss Everdeen.
(b) Haymitch Abernathy.
(c) Primrose Everdeen.
(d) Peeta Mellark.
6. What does Haymitch complain about in Part 1, Chapter 9 as he attempts to prepare Katniss for the interview?
(a) She is hostile and overly talkative.
(b) She is too shy.
(c) She is untruthful.
(d) She is hostile and will not reveal anything about herself.
7. What is katniss?
(a) A bush that attracts wild cats.
(b) A flower with tiny blue petals.
(c) A plant with tubers that can be eaten like potatoes.
(d) A tree that grows small, red fruits.
8. What is Buttercup?
(a) A dog.
(b) A goose.
(c) A cat.
(d) A goat.
9. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
(a) Effie's crooked wig.
(b) Their own appearances.
(c) Haymitch's fall from the stage.
(d) The mayor's uncomfortable speech.
10. What is Katniss' design team doing to her as Part 1, Chapter 5 begins?
(a) Shaping her nails.
(b) Removing all the hair on her body.
(c) Scrubbing the dirt from her skin.
(d) Polishing her teeth.
11. Who tells Katniss to focus on him during the interview to help her feel more comfortable?
12. What does Katniss wonder if the Avox will enjoy?
(a) Katniss' victory.
(b) Her freedom.
(c) Katniss' death.
(d) Her own death.
13. Why does Effie encourage Peeta and Katniss to continue to wow the audience?
(a) To win the support of the Gamemakers.
(b) To gain the support of the president.
(c) To intimidate the other tributes.
(d) To get more sponsors.
14. What does Katniss throw out the window of the train?
(a) A dress her mother gave her.
(b) The cookies the baker gave her.
(c) The pin Madge gave her.
(d) A tape of the reaping.
15. What happens if a tribute steps off of their platform too early?
(a) A land mine is detonated.
(b) They are given a time penalty.
(c) They are imprisoned and sentenced to death.
(d) They are taken out of the game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Peeta think Gale is to Katniss in Part 1, Chapter 6?
2. What is a Peacekeeper?
3. How often do high scoring tributes win the Hunger Games?
4. What item did Peeta once take a beating from his mother to give to Katniss, leaving her indebted to him?
5. What is one of the distinct elements of fashion in the Capitol that Katniss notes among her design team?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)