|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person allowed to be with Katniss as she waits to be transported into the Hunger Games arena?
(a) The Avox.
2. What does Katniss throw out the window of the train?
(a) The pin Madge gave her.
(b) The cookies the baker gave her.
(c) A tape of the reaping.
(d) A dress her mother gave her.
3. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
(a) The mayor's uncomfortable speech.
(b) Their own appearances.
(c) Effie's crooked wig.
(d) Haymitch's fall from the stage.
4. What is the main goal of getting a high score from the Gamemakers in the individual demonstrations?
(a) To intimidate the other tributes.
(b) Release from the games.
(d) To get gifts from the Gamemakers.
5. What is the object of the outfits the tributes wear in the opening ceremony?
(a) To represent their industry in their district.
(b) To represent their special interests and hobbies.
(c) To show off their strengths.
(d) To show off their district pride.
6. What does Haymitch instruct Peeta and Katniss to do as they enter the interview area?
(a) Signal their families at home with prearranged signals.
(b) Remember their coaching.
(c) Act like a happy couple.
(d) Answer the questions honestly.
7. What is in the trees growing in the roof garden on the training center?
(a) Wind chimes.
(b) Tracker jacker nests.
(d) Bird feeders.
8. What nickname does Gale use with Katniss?
9. How long are the tributes forced to stand on their platforms before rushing to gather supplies at the Cornucopia at the start of the games?
(a) Sixty seconds.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Two minutes.
(d) Thirty seconds.
10. Who are Career tributes?
(a) Tributes from the richer districts who train year round for the games and feel going to the games is an honor.
(b) Paid volunteers who are hired by rich families to take their children's places in the games.
(c) Tributes from districts that specialize in professional industries.
(d) Trainers who teach the other tributes how to fight and win the games.
11. Who tells Katniss to focus on him during the interview to help her feel more comfortable?
12. What did Gale accuse Katniss of the first time they met?
(a) Spying on him.
(b) Stealing from his snare.
(c) Following him.
(d) Stealing from his stash of berries.
13. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
(a) A hummingbird.
(b) A mockingbird.
(c) A mockingjay.
(d) A jabberjay.
14. What does Katniss think will happen to her and Peeta's friendship strategy once they are in the arena?
(a) It will blow up in their faces.
(b) It will help them win sponsors.
(c) It will continue to intimidate the competition.
(d) It will help them make alliances.
15. What does Katniss think of the meal she shares with Cinna on their first meeting?
(a) That she could never afford to make such a meal in Distict Twelve.
(b) It does not taste very good.
(c) That the Capitol is trying to starve her before the Hunger Games.
(d) It is too rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Peacekeeper?
2. What score does Katniss get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
3. What does Katniss think of Peeta's actions?
4. What animal is said to live in the woods outside District Twelve that makes the fence necessary and keeps many from going into the woods?
5. What is Katniss' interview dress covered in that makes it appear that she is on fire?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)