|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one talent does Peeta have that Katniss feels he might be able to use in the arena?
(a) He is good with poisons.
(b) He can wrestle.
(c) He is good with fire arms.
(d) He is good with a knife.
2. What is Panem?
(a) The hotel where Katniss lives.
(b) The country where Katniss lives.
(c) The town where Katniss lives.
(d) The ocean near where Katniss lives.
3. What is katniss?
(a) A flower with tiny blue petals.
(b) A bush that attracts wild cats.
(c) A tree that grows small, red fruits.
(d) A plant with tubers that can be eaten like potatoes.
4. What does reaping mean?
(a) To gather.
(b) To take.
(c) To harvest.
(d) To steal.
5. What is a Peacekeeper?
(a) Futuristic cops assigned to enforce the rules of each district.
(b) Politicians assigned to govern the districts.
(c) A soldier from the Capitol who is assigned to keep order in the Districts.
(d) A soldier from the local district who patrol the outer borders of each district.
6. What does Haymitch consider a rebellion about Peeta and Katniss' actions in the opening ceremonies?
(a) Their holding hands.
(b) Their choice to sit together in the chariot.
(c) Their fire suits.
(d) Their refusal to listen to the president's speech.
7. What mode of transportation does Katniss ride after the opening ceremonies that she would like to ride again but feels it might be childish?
(a) An escalator.
(b) A crystal elevator.
(c) A shuttle bus.
(d) A subway train.
8. What do the rules of the Hunger Games say about the number of winners?
(a) One boy and one girl can win.
(b) Only a tribute from the district with the most sponsors can win.
(c) There can only be one.
(d) If the final two are from the same district, they both win.
9. How long are the tributes forced to stand on their platforms before rushing to gather supplies at the Cornucopia at the start of the games?
(a) Two minutes.
(b) Sixty seconds.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Thirty seconds.
10. What did Gale accuse Katniss of the first time they met?
(a) Spying on him.
(b) Following him.
(c) Stealing from his stash of berries.
(d) Stealing from his snare.
11. What is Buttercup?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A goat.
(d) A goose.
12. What is tesserae?
(a) A weapon used in the Hunger Games.
(b) Adding one's name additional times to the reaping in exchange for oil and grain.
(c) The random selection of tributes' names during the reaping.
(d) The order mandating all citizens watch the reaping.
13. What is the Hob?
(a) The section of District Twelve where Katniss lives.
(b) An illegal black market in District Twelve.
(c) The section of District Twelve where the blue collar workers live.
(d) The woods near District Twelve.
14. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
(a) That she will protect Peeta.
(b) That she will die a good death.
(c) That she will try to come back.
(d) That she will write every day.
15. Which other tribute does Katniss take special notice of while watching the reapings from the other districts?
(a) A crippled boy from District Ten.
(b) The twelve year old from District Eleven.
(c) A beautiful fisherman from District Four.
(d) The beautiful girl from District One.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
2. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
3. What is placed into Katniss' forearm before she leaves the training center?
4. What compliment does Peeta pay Katniss that confuses her in Part 1, Chapter 7?
5. Who is the first to greet Katniss and Peeta as they enter the Training Center?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)