|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Avox respond when Katniss tries to apologize in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) She becomes angry and walks away.
(b) She gestures that Katniss did the right thing.
(c) She leaves the room without responding.
(d) She cries.
2. What can Prim sell that will help she and her mother survive?
(a) Goat milk and cheese.
(c) Herbs and spices.
(d) Fresh meat.
3. How often do high scoring tributes win the Hunger Games?
(a) Most of the time.
(b) Every time.
4. What is the Hob?
(a) The woods near District Twelve.
(b) The section of District Twelve where the blue collar workers live.
(c) An illegal black market in District Twelve.
(d) The section of District Twelve where Katniss lives.
5. What is Katniss' interview dress covered in that makes it appear that she is on fire?
(a) Synthetic flames.
(c) Multicolored silk.
(d) Precious gems.
6. What happens to the arenas that were built specifically for the Hunger Games after the games are over?
(a) They are left to ruin.
(b) They are turned into tourist attractions.
(c) They are turned into memorial sites for the dead tributes.
(d) They are destroyed and rebuilt for the following year's games.
7. What comment does Effie Trinket make about Katniss and Peeta's eating habits?
(a) They should learn table manners.
(b) They should be less bold.
(c) They should get over their shyness.
(d) At least they have table manners.
8. What does Katniss wonder if the Avox will enjoy?
(a) Katniss' victory.
(b) Katniss' death.
(c) Her own death.
(d) Her freedom.
9. What score does Katniss get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
10. Why is Katniss drawn in by Rue, the girl from District Eleven?
(a) She reminds Katniss of Prim.
(b) She is powerful.
(c) She is pretty.
(d) She reminds Katniss of her mother.
11. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
(a) Adds flowers.
(b) Removes the headpieces.
(c) Lights them on fire with synthetic fire.
(d) Rips them away.
12. Who is on board the train with the tributes from District Twelve whose job it is to care for them?
(a) Workers from the train company.
(b) Workers from the Capitol.
(c) Workers from District Twelve.
(d) Workers from District Two.
13. Why does Katniss refuse to cry in Part 1, Chapter 3 even as she leaves her family and home behind her?
(a) She is afraid once she starts she cannot stop.
(b) She does not want to give the Capitol the satisfaction of breaking her.
(c) She does not want to appear weak to the other tributes.
(d) She is not sad.
14. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
(a) Form a rebellion.
(b) Kill Effie Trinket.
(c) Run away.
(d) Steal the collection of names from which the tributes will be chosen.
15. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
(a) A mockingbird.
(b) A mockingjay.
(c) A jabberjay.
(d) A hummingbird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Buttercup?
2. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
3. What is the object of the outfits the tributes wear in the opening ceremony?
4. What does Katniss note about Haymitch's appearance and behavior at dinner the first night in the training center?
5. What does Haymitch consider a rebellion about Peeta and Katniss' actions in the opening ceremonies?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)