|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times is Gale entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
2. What happens if a tribute steps off of their platform too early?
(a) They are imprisoned and sentenced to death.
(b) They are taken out of the game.
(c) They are given a time penalty.
(d) A land mine is detonated.
3. Who is on board the train with the tributes from District Twelve whose job it is to care for them?
(a) Workers from the Capitol.
(b) Workers from District Twelve.
(c) Workers from the train company.
(d) Workers from District Two.
4. What score does Katniss get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
5. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
(a) Adds flowers.
(b) Rips them away.
(c) Lights them on fire with synthetic fire.
(d) Removes the headpieces.
6. Why does Katniss refuse to cry in Part 1, Chapter 3 even as she leaves her family and home behind her?
(a) She is not sad.
(b) She does not want to give the Capitol the satisfaction of breaking her.
(c) She does not want to appear weak to the other tributes.
(d) She is afraid once she starts she cannot stop.
7. What is one of the distinct elements of fashion in the Capitol that Katniss notes among her design team?
(a) Coloring one's nails unfortunate colors.
(b) Wearing odd combinations of clothing.
(c) Wearing tight clothing.
(d) Coloring one's hair and skin bright colors.
8. What does Haymitch instruct Peeta and Katniss to do as they enter the interview area?
(a) Signal their families at home with prearranged signals.
(b) Remember their coaching.
(c) Answer the questions honestly.
(d) Act like a happy couple.
9. What does Haymitch say about Peeta's announcement at the end of the interviews?
(a) He made Katniss seem childish.
(b) He made Katniss seem weak.
(c) He made Katniss seem desirable.
(d) He made Katniss seem honorable.
10. What does Katniss wonder if the Avox will enjoy?
(a) Her freedom.
(b) Her own death.
(c) Katniss' victory.
(d) Katniss' death.
11. What does Katniss think of the meal she shares with Cinna on their first meeting?
(a) It is too rich.
(b) That the Capitol is trying to starve her before the Hunger Games.
(c) That she could never afford to make such a meal in Distict Twelve.
(d) It does not taste very good.
12. What is the main component of the outfit Cinna dresses Katniss in for the opening ceremony of the Hunger Games?
(a) A green unitard.
(b) A purple mask.
(c) A cape of red, yellow, and orange streams.
(d) A white wedding dress.
13. What weapon does Gale recommend Katniss get as soon as she can in the Hunger Games' arena?
(c) Bow and arrow.
14. Why does Katniss wake early the first morning in the training center?
(a) She is excited to begin training.
(b) She is homesick.
(c) She has had nightmares.
(d) She is anxious to begin the games.
15. What score does Peeta get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Katniss' design team doing to her as Part 1, Chapter 5 begins?
2. Who is in Katniss' room when she returns from talking to Peeta on the roof?
3. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
4. What is District Twelve?
5. What catches Katniss' attention about the dessert served the first night in the training center?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)