|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Prim sell that will help she and her mother survive?
(a) Herbs and spices.
(b) Goat milk and cheese.
(c) Fresh meat.
2. What score does Katniss get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
3. Why does Katniss think the Avox remembers her from the woods on the day of the girl's capture?
(a) You do not forget your last living relative.
(b) You do not forget your last conversation.
(c) You do not forget your last friend.
(d) You do not forget your last hope.
4. What weapon does Gale recommend Katniss get as soon as she can in the Hunger Games' arena?
(a) Bow and arrow.
5. What score does Peeta get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
6. What does Katniss note about Haymitch's appearance and behavior at dinner the first night in the training center?
(a) He is calm and friendly.
(b) He is drunk and dirty.
(c) He is clean and appears sober.
(d) He is beligerant and angry.
7. What is the object of the outfits the tributes wear in the opening ceremony?
(a) To represent their special interests and hobbies.
(b) To represent their industry in their district.
(c) To show off their district pride.
(d) To show off their strengths.
8. What does Katniss think of the meal she shares with Cinna on their first meeting?
(a) It is too rich.
(b) That she could never afford to make such a meal in Distict Twelve.
(c) It does not taste very good.
(d) That the Capitol is trying to starve her before the Hunger Games.
9. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
(a) The mayor's uncomfortable speech.
(b) Their own appearances.
(c) Effie's crooked wig.
(d) Haymitch's fall from the stage.
10. Which other tribute does Katniss take special notice of while watching the reapings from the other districts?
(a) The twelve year old from District Eleven.
(b) A crippled boy from District Ten.
(c) A beautiful fisherman from District Four.
(d) The beautiful girl from District One.
11. What gadgets in her bedroom in Part 1, Chapter 6 impress Katniss on her first night there?
(a) The television.
(b) The radio.
(c) The game consol.
(d) The shower options and the hair untangler, brusher.
12. Why does Peeta ask Katniss not to release his hand during the procession?
(a) He wants the crowd to think she loves him.
(b) He thinks he might fall out of the chariot.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He is concerned Haymitch will not like it.
13. What item did Peeta once take a beating from his mother to give to Katniss, leaving her indebted to him?
14. What happens to the arenas that were built specifically for the Hunger Games after the games are over?
(a) They are turned into memorial sites for the dead tributes.
(b) They are left to ruin.
(c) They are turned into tourist attractions.
(d) They are destroyed and rebuilt for the following year's games.
15. What compliment does Peeta pay Katniss that confuses her in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) She can cook well.
(b) She can play the piano well.
(c) She is unaware of the effect she has on people.
(d) She is a good flirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Katniss to focus on him during the interview to help her feel more comfortable?
2. What is the Hob?
3. What business has Katniss' mother begun running from their home?
4. Why does Katniss believe she can get a weapon and some supplies from the Cornucopia despite Haymitch's advice to ignore the Cornucopia?
5. What causes the death of another tribute within site of Katniss' hidden sleeping position in a tree the first night of the Hunger Games?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)