|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
(a) A mockingjay.
(b) A jabberjay.
(c) A hummingbird.
(d) A mockingbird.
2. What beverage does Katniss try for the first time aboard the train taking her to the Capitol?
(b) Apple juice.
(c) Hot chocolate.
3. What is happening in the streets of the Capitol the night before the Hunger Games are to begin?
(b) People are celebrating.
(c) People are protesting.
(d) Sponsors are lining up for their favorite districts.
4. Why does Peeta ask Katniss not to release his hand during the procession?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He wants the crowd to think she loves him.
(c) He thinks he might fall out of the chariot.
(d) He is concerned Haymitch will not like it.
5. What does Haymitch instruct Peeta and Katniss to do as they enter the interview area?
(a) Answer the questions honestly.
(b) Remember their coaching.
(c) Act like a happy couple.
(d) Signal their families at home with prearranged signals.
6. What is Peeta's one fear the night before going into the Hunger Games?
(a) Katniss will die.
(b) He might disgrace himself or change into someone he is not.
(c) His family will suffer after his death.
(d) He will die.
7. Why does Katniss believe she can get a weapon and some supplies from the Cornucopia despite Haymitch's advice to ignore the Cornucopia?
(a) The others are distracted by checking out the area around them.
(b) She is the only one who can use the bow and arrow.
(c) The others are distracted by the announcer's voice.
(d) She can run faster than most of the other tributes.
8. How does the Avox respond when Katniss tries to apologize in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) She cries.
(b) She leaves the room without responding.
(c) She becomes angry and walks away.
(d) She gestures that Katniss did the right thing.
9. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
(a) They sang over him.
(b) They ignored him.
(c) They stopped to listen.
(d) They fell dead under his spell.
10. Where are the training rooms located in the training center?
(a) On the ground floor.
(b) Below ground level.
(c) In the center.
(d) The roof.
11. What is the object of the outfits the tributes wear in the opening ceremony?
(a) To show off their district pride.
(b) To represent their special interests and hobbies.
(c) To show off their strengths.
(d) To represent their industry in their district.
12. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
(a) Effie's crooked wig.
(b) The mayor's uncomfortable speech.
(c) Haymitch's fall from the stage.
(d) Their own appearances.
13. What is the main goal of getting a high score from the Gamemakers in the individual demonstrations?
(a) To get gifts from the Gamemakers.
(b) To intimidate the other tributes.
(d) Release from the games.
14. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
(a) Rips them away.
(b) Lights them on fire with synthetic fire.
(c) Adds flowers.
(d) Removes the headpieces.
15. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
2. Why does Effie encourage Peeta and Katniss to continue to wow the audience?
3. What does Haymitch say about Peeta's announcement at the end of the interviews?
4. Why does Katniss wake early the first morning in the training center?
5. What is a Peacekeeper?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)