|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Effie Trinket make about Katniss and Peeta's eating habits?
(a) They should get over their shyness.
(b) They should learn table manners.
(c) They should be less bold.
(d) At least they have table manners.
2. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
(a) Lights them on fire with synthetic fire.
(b) Adds flowers.
(c) Removes the headpieces.
(d) Rips them away.
3. What is the main component of the outfit Cinna dresses Katniss in for the opening ceremony of the Hunger Games?
(a) A white wedding dress.
(b) A cape of red, yellow, and orange streams.
(c) A purple mask.
(d) A green unitard.
4. What does Katniss wonder if the Avox will enjoy?
(a) Her freedom.
(b) Her own death.
(c) Katniss' victory.
(d) Katniss' death.
5. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
(a) That she will die a good death.
(b) That she will write every day.
(c) That she will try to come back.
(d) That she will protect Peeta.
6. What can Prim sell that will help she and her mother survive?
(a) Fresh meat.
(c) Goat milk and cheese.
(d) Herbs and spices.
7. What score does Peeta get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
8. What one talent does Peeta have that Katniss feels he might be able to use in the arena?
(a) He is good with poisons.
(b) He is good with a knife.
(c) He can wrestle.
(d) He is good with fire arms.
9. What is the Seam?
(a) The section of District Twelve where the coal miners live.
(b) The illegal trading post in District Twelve.
(c) The edge of District Twelve's boundary.
(d) The end of the earth.
10. What happens to the arenas that were built specifically for the Hunger Games after the games are over?
(a) They are left to ruin.
(b) They are turned into tourist attractions.
(c) They are turned into memorial sites for the dead tributes.
(d) They are destroyed and rebuilt for the following year's games.
11. What is unusual about the ladder that lifts Katniss into the hovercraft that will take her to the Hunger Games arena?
(a) It is too slick to hold on.
(b) It is too short to lift Katniss into the craft.
(c) It has a force field that keeps her stuck on.
(d) It is made of gold.
12. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
13. What is happening in the streets of the Capitol the night before the Hunger Games are to begin?
(a) People are celebrating.
(b) People are protesting.
(d) Sponsors are lining up for their favorite districts.
14. On whose face do the cameras remain even during the President's speech at the end of the opening ceremony?
(a) Katniss' and Peeta's.
(b) The tributes from District One.
(c) Cinna's and Haymitch's.
(d) The crowd.
15. How does the Avox respond when Katniss tries to apologize in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) She becomes angry and walks away.
(b) She leaves the room without responding.
(c) She gestures that Katniss did the right thing.
(d) She cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katniss believe she can get a weapon and some supplies from the Cornucopia despite Haymitch's advice to ignore the Cornucopia?
2. Who is Atala?
3. What did Peeta do in his individual demonstration for the Gamemakers?
4. Who are Career tributes?
5. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)