|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Career tributes?
(a) Tributes from the richer districts who train year round for the games and feel going to the games is an honor.
(b) Paid volunteers who are hired by rich families to take their children's places in the games.
(c) Trainers who teach the other tributes how to fight and win the games.
(d) Tributes from districts that specialize in professional industries.
2. Where are the training rooms located in the training center?
(a) On the ground floor.
(b) The roof.
(c) Below ground level.
(d) In the center.
3. What does Haymitch consider a rebellion about Peeta and Katniss' actions in the opening ceremonies?
(a) Their refusal to listen to the president's speech.
(b) Their holding hands.
(c) Their fire suits.
(d) Their choice to sit together in the chariot.
4. What was the name of the place where Panem rose out of the ashes into existence?
(a) North America.
(d) South America.
5. Why does Peeta ask Katniss not to release his hand during the procession?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He thinks he might fall out of the chariot.
(c) He is concerned Haymitch will not like it.
(d) He wants the crowd to think she loves him.
6. What is happening in the streets of the Capitol the night before the Hunger Games are to begin?
(a) Sponsors are lining up for their favorite districts.
(b) People are protesting.
(c) People are celebrating.
7. What is katniss?
(a) A tree that grows small, red fruits.
(b) A plant with tubers that can be eaten like potatoes.
(c) A flower with tiny blue petals.
(d) A bush that attracts wild cats.
8. What reaction does Katniss get when she shoots an arrow through the apple in the mouth of a roast pig?
(a) Astonishment and disbelief.
9. Who is the first to greet Katniss and Peeta as they enter the Training Center?
(a) The President.
(b) The prep teams.
(c) The other tributes.
(d) Their mentors.
10. What weapon does Katniss have hidden in the woods which she uses to hunt with?
(d) Bow and arrow.
11. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
(a) A hummingbird.
(b) A mockingjay.
(c) A jabberjay.
(d) A mockingbird.
12. What is Panem?
(a) The ocean near where Katniss lives.
(b) The country where Katniss lives.
(c) The hotel where Katniss lives.
(d) The town where Katniss lives.
13. What is a Peacekeeper?
(a) A soldier from the local district who patrol the outer borders of each district.
(b) A soldier from the Capitol who is assigned to keep order in the Districts.
(c) Politicians assigned to govern the districts.
(d) Futuristic cops assigned to enforce the rules of each district.
14. What does Katniss note about Haymitch's appearance and behavior at dinner the first night in the training center?
(a) He is clean and appears sober.
(b) He is calm and friendly.
(c) He is beligerant and angry.
(d) He is drunk and dirty.
15. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
(a) That she will write every day.
(b) That she will try to come back.
(c) That she will die a good death.
(d) That she will protect Peeta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss think will happen to her and Peeta's friendship strategy once they are in the arena?
2. How does the Avox respond when Katniss tries to apologize in Part 1, Chapter 9?
3. What one talent does Peeta have that Katniss feels he might be able to use in the arena?
4. What happens if a tribute steps off of their platform too early?
5. Which other tribute does Katniss take special notice of while watching the reapings from the other districts?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)