|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the crowd react as Katniss and Peeta enter the city during the procession?
(a) They ignore them.
(b) They boo.
(c) They scream their names and cheer.
(d) They laugh.
2. What does Haymitch instruct Peeta and Katniss to do as they enter the interview area?
(a) Remember their coaching.
(b) Signal their families at home with prearranged signals.
(c) Answer the questions honestly.
(d) Act like a happy couple.
3. What beverage does Katniss try for the first time aboard the train taking her to the Capitol?
(a) Apple juice.
(c) Hot chocolate.
4. What is the only aspect of Katniss' appearance that her design team approves of?
(a) Her thin, supple body.
(b) Her strong, clean nails.
(c) Her classic roman features.
(d) Her hairstyle that her mother created with multiple braids.
5. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
(a) It might intimidate the other tributes.
(b) He is excited by the situation.
(c) It never hurts to be nice.
(d) One might be rich and willing to sponsor him.
6. What is Katniss' design team doing to her as Part 1, Chapter 5 begins?
(a) Polishing her teeth.
(b) Scrubbing the dirt from her skin.
(c) Removing all the hair on her body.
(d) Shaping her nails.
7. What catches Katniss' attention about the dessert served the first night in the training center?
(a) It is made with rare berries.
(b) It is flavored with powdered sugar.
(c) It is four layers tall.
(d) It burns.
8. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
(a) The mayor's uncomfortable speech.
(b) Haymitch's fall from the stage.
(c) Effie's crooked wig.
(d) Their own appearances.
9. What is the object of the outfits the tributes wear in the opening ceremony?
(a) To show off their district pride.
(b) To represent their special interests and hobbies.
(c) To show off their strengths.
(d) To represent their industry in their district.
10. What is in the trees growing in the roof garden on the training center?
(b) Wind chimes.
(c) Tracker jacker nests.
(d) Bird feeders.
11. What comment does Effie Trinket make about Katniss and Peeta's eating habits?
(a) At least they have table manners.
(b) They should be less bold.
(c) They should get over their shyness.
(d) They should learn table manners.
12. Why does Katniss wake early the first morning in the training center?
(a) She is homesick.
(b) She is excited to begin training.
(c) She is anxious to begin the games.
(d) She has had nightmares.
13. What weapon does Gale recommend Katniss get as soon as she can in the Hunger Games' arena?
(a) Bow and arrow.
14. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
(a) That she will die a good death.
(b) That she will write every day.
(c) That she will try to come back.
(d) That she will protect Peeta.
15. Who is Atala?
(a) The head trainer.
(b) The head Gamemaker.
(c) The Avox in charge of cleaning the training room.
(d) A servant in the cafeteria.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 8, what is Katniss's reaction to her own actions during the individual demonstrations for the Gamemakers?
3. Why does Effie encourage Peeta and Katniss to continue to wow the audience?
4. What do the rules of the Hunger Games say about the number of winners?
5. What does Katniss notice is different about the bow in the training room than the ones she uses at home?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)