|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Effie encourage Peeta and Katniss to continue to wow the audience?
(a) To gain the support of the president.
(b) To win the support of the Gamemakers.
(c) To intimidate the other tributes.
(d) To get more sponsors.
2. What do the rules of the Hunger Games say about the number of winners?
(a) There can only be one.
(b) If the final two are from the same district, they both win.
(c) One boy and one girl can win.
(d) Only a tribute from the district with the most sponsors can win.
3. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
(a) A mockingbird.
(b) A mockingjay.
(c) A hummingbird.
(d) A jabberjay.
4. Who is in Katniss' room when she returns from talking to Peeta on the roof?
(c) The Avox.
5. What score does Peeta get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
6. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
7. How long are the tributes forced to stand on their platforms before rushing to gather supplies at the Cornucopia at the start of the games?
(a) Sixty seconds.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Thirty seconds.
8. What is one of the distinct elements of fashion in the Capitol that Katniss notes among her design team?
(a) Wearing tight clothing.
(b) Wearing odd combinations of clothing.
(c) Coloring one's hair and skin bright colors.
(d) Coloring one's nails unfortunate colors.
9. What weapon does Gale recommend Katniss get as soon as she can in the Hunger Games' arena?
(d) Bow and arrow.
10. What is the only aspect of Katniss' appearance that her design team approves of?
(a) Her strong, clean nails.
(b) Her classic roman features.
(c) Her hairstyle that her mother created with multiple braids.
(d) Her thin, supple body.
11. What was the name of the place where Panem rose out of the ashes into existence?
(b) South America.
(c) North America.
12. Why does Katniss wake early the first morning in the training center?
(a) She is excited to begin training.
(b) She has had nightmares.
(c) She is homesick.
(d) She is anxious to begin the games.
13. What did Peeta do in his individual demonstration for the Gamemakers?
(a) He threw around some heavy objects.
(b) He threw knives.
(c) He wrestled an Avox.
(d) He painted a picture on the floor.
14. What target does Katniss hit with her arrow during the individual demonstration that causes a shower of sparks to fall on the floor?
(a) An explosives demonstration station.
(b) A light fixture.
(c) A fire cracker.
(d) An open electrical outlet.
15. What is Peeta's one fear the night before going into the Hunger Games?
(a) He will die.
(b) Katniss will die.
(c) His family will suffer after his death.
(d) He might disgrace himself or change into someone he is not.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Delly Cartwright?
2. Why does Katniss believe she can get a weapon and some supplies from the Cornucopia despite Haymitch's advice to ignore the Cornucopia?
3. What did Gale accuse Katniss of the first time they met?
4. What comment does Effie Trinket make about Katniss and Peeta's eating habits?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 8, what is Katniss's reaction to her own actions during the individual demonstrations for the Gamemakers?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)