|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Career tributes?
(a) Tributes from the richer districts who train year round for the games and feel going to the games is an honor.
(b) Trainers who teach the other tributes how to fight and win the games.
(c) Paid volunteers who are hired by rich families to take their children's places in the games.
(d) Tributes from districts that specialize in professional industries.
2. What does Katniss throw out the window of the train?
(a) The pin Madge gave her.
(b) The cookies the baker gave her.
(c) A dress her mother gave her.
(d) A tape of the reaping.
3. Who is the first to greet Katniss and Peeta as they enter the Training Center?
(a) The other tributes.
(b) The President.
(c) Their mentors.
(d) The prep teams.
4. Who is in Katniss' room when she returns from talking to Peeta on the roof?
(a) The Avox.
5. How does the Avox respond when Katniss tries to apologize in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) She leaves the room without responding.
(b) She becomes angry and walks away.
(c) She cries.
(d) She gestures that Katniss did the right thing.
6. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
(a) A mockingjay.
(b) A jabberjay.
(c) A hummingbird.
(d) A mockingbird.
7. What does Haymitch consider a rebellion about Peeta and Katniss' actions in the opening ceremonies?
(a) Their holding hands.
(b) Their refusal to listen to the president's speech.
(c) Their fire suits.
(d) Their choice to sit together in the chariot.
8. What is the only aspect of Katniss' appearance that her design team approves of?
(a) Her thin, supple body.
(b) Her classic roman features.
(c) Her strong, clean nails.
(d) Her hairstyle that her mother created with multiple braids.
9. What does Katniss wonder if the Avox will enjoy?
(a) Katniss' death.
(b) Her freedom.
(c) Her own death.
(d) Katniss' victory.
10. What is the Hob?
(a) The section of District Twelve where Katniss lives.
(b) The woods near District Twelve.
(c) An illegal black market in District Twelve.
(d) The section of District Twelve where the blue collar workers live.
11. What happens if a tribute steps off of their platform too early?
(a) They are imprisoned and sentenced to death.
(b) They are taken out of the game.
(c) A land mine is detonated.
(d) They are given a time penalty.
12. What does Haymitch say about Peeta's announcement at the end of the interviews?
(a) He made Katniss seem weak.
(b) He made Katniss seem childish.
(c) He made Katniss seem desirable.
(d) He made Katniss seem honorable.
13. What is katniss?
(a) A tree that grows small, red fruits.
(b) A bush that attracts wild cats.
(c) A flower with tiny blue petals.
(d) A plant with tubers that can be eaten like potatoes.
14. What does Haymitch instruct Peeta and Katniss to do as they enter the interview area?
(a) Act like a happy couple.
(b) Answer the questions honestly.
(c) Signal their families at home with prearranged signals.
(d) Remember their coaching.
15. What is the object of the outfits the tributes wear in the opening ceremony?
(a) To show off their strengths.
(b) To show off their district pride.
(c) To represent their industry in their district.
(d) To represent their special interests and hobbies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Gale use with Katniss?
2. Who does Peeta think Gale is to Katniss in Part 1, Chapter 6?
3. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
4. Why does Katniss refuse to cry in Part 1, Chapter 3 even as she leaves her family and home behind her?
5. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)