|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Peeta think Gale is to Katniss in Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her boyfriend.
2. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
3. Who is Cinna?
(a) Katniss' tutor.
(b) Katniss' hairdresser.
(c) Katniss' cousin.
(d) Katniss' stylist.
4. What did Peeta do in his individual demonstration for the Gamemakers?
(a) He threw around some heavy objects.
(b) He painted a picture on the floor.
(c) He wrestled an Avox.
(d) He threw knives.
5. Why does Katniss refuse to cry in Part 1, Chapter 3 even as she leaves her family and home behind her?
(a) She is afraid once she starts she cannot stop.
(b) She is not sad.
(c) She does not want to give the Capitol the satisfaction of breaking her.
(d) She does not want to appear weak to the other tributes.
6. How many times is Gale entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
7. What does reaping mean?
(a) To harvest.
(b) To steal.
(c) To gather.
(d) To take.
8. Where are the training rooms located in the training center?
(a) Below ground level.
(b) On the ground floor.
(c) The roof.
(d) In the center.
9. How long are the tributes forced to stand on their platforms before rushing to gather supplies at the Cornucopia at the start of the games?
(a) Two minutes.
(b) Sixty seconds.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Thirty seconds.
10. What is one of the distinct elements of fashion in the Capitol that Katniss notes among her design team?
(a) Coloring one's hair and skin bright colors.
(b) Wearing tight clothing.
(c) Wearing odd combinations of clothing.
(d) Coloring one's nails unfortunate colors.
11. What is Peeta's one fear the night before going into the Hunger Games?
(a) He will die.
(b) His family will suffer after his death.
(c) He might disgrace himself or change into someone he is not.
(d) Katniss will die.
12. What score does Peeta get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
13. What causes the death of another tribute within site of Katniss' hidden sleeping position in a tree the first night of the Hunger Games?
(a) She runs into a bear.
(b) She panics and announces her presence to the Careers.
(c) She commits suicide out of homesickness.
(d) She lights a fire in the open.
14. What is the main component of the outfit Cinna dresses Katniss in for the opening ceremony of the Hunger Games?
(a) A white wedding dress.
(b) A green unitard.
(c) A cape of red, yellow, and orange streams.
(d) A purple mask.
15. Who is Delly Cartwright?
(a) An Avox.
(b) A girl from District Twelve.
(c) A girl from District Two.
(d) A slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mode of transportation does Katniss ride after the opening ceremonies that she would like to ride again but feels it might be childish?
2. What does Haymitch complain about in Part 1, Chapter 9 as he attempts to prepare Katniss for the interview?
3. What is District Twelve?
4. What happens to the arenas that were built specifically for the Hunger Games after the games are over?
5. What do the rules of the Hunger Games say about the number of winners?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)