|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
(a) Run away.
(b) Form a rebellion.
(c) Kill Effie Trinket.
(d) Steal the collection of names from which the tributes will be chosen.
2. What is katniss?
(a) A bush that attracts wild cats.
(b) A plant with tubers that can be eaten like potatoes.
(c) A flower with tiny blue petals.
(d) A tree that grows small, red fruits.
3. What is Katniss' design team doing to her as Part 1, Chapter 5 begins?
(a) Shaping her nails.
(b) Polishing her teeth.
(c) Removing all the hair on her body.
(d) Scrubbing the dirt from her skin.
4. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
(a) The mayor's uncomfortable speech.
(b) Their own appearances.
(c) Haymitch's fall from the stage.
(d) Effie's crooked wig.
5. Who is in Katniss' room when she returns from talking to Peeta on the roof?
(d) The Avox.
6. What was the name of the place where Panem rose out of the ashes into existence?
(a) South America.
(b) North America.
7. What does Katniss think of the meal she shares with Cinna on their first meeting?
(a) It does not taste very good.
(b) That she could never afford to make such a meal in Distict Twelve.
(c) It is too rich.
(d) That the Capitol is trying to starve her before the Hunger Games.
8. What weapon does Gale recommend Katniss get as soon as she can in the Hunger Games' arena?
(d) Bow and arrow.
9. What is the only aspect of Katniss' appearance that her design team approves of?
(a) Her hairstyle that her mother created with multiple braids.
(b) Her classic roman features.
(c) Her strong, clean nails.
(d) Her thin, supple body.
10. What is in the trees growing in the roof garden on the training center?
(a) Tracker jacker nests.
(b) Bird feeders.
(c) Wind chimes.
11. What is District Twelve?
(a) An industrial community in Panem.
(b) An agricultural community in Panem.
(c) A coal mining community in Panem.
(d) A fishing community in Panem.
12. What is tesserae?
(a) The order mandating all citizens watch the reaping.
(b) Adding one's name additional times to the reaping in exchange for oil and grain.
(c) A weapon used in the Hunger Games.
(d) The random selection of tributes' names during the reaping.
13. How does the crowd react as Katniss and Peeta enter the city during the procession?
(a) They ignore them.
(b) They boo.
(c) They scream their names and cheer.
(d) They laugh.
14. Which other tribute does Katniss take special notice of while watching the reapings from the other districts?
(a) A crippled boy from District Ten.
(b) A beautiful fisherman from District Four.
(c) The beautiful girl from District One.
(d) The twelve year old from District Eleven.
15. Who is Cinna?
(a) Katniss' tutor.
(b) Katniss' hairdresser.
(c) Katniss' stylist.
(d) Katniss' cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gadgets in her bedroom in Part 1, Chapter 6 impress Katniss on her first night there?
2. What do the rules of the Hunger Games say about the number of winners?
3. What is placed into Katniss' forearm before she leaves the training center?
4. What business has Katniss' mother begun running from their home?
5. Why does Katniss believe she can get a weapon and some supplies from the Cornucopia despite Haymitch's advice to ignore the Cornucopia?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)