|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What score does Katniss get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
2. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
(a) Adds flowers.
(b) Removes the headpieces.
(c) Lights them on fire with synthetic fire.
(d) Rips them away.
3. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
(a) A jabberjay.
(b) A mockingbird.
(c) A hummingbird.
(d) A mockingjay.
4. What score does Peeta get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
5. What does Katniss think will happen to her and Peeta's friendship strategy once they are in the arena?
(a) It will help them win sponsors.
(b) It will blow up in their faces.
(c) It will continue to intimidate the competition.
(d) It will help them make alliances.
6. What is the object of the outfits the tributes wear in the opening ceremony?
(a) To represent their industry in their district.
(b) To represent their special interests and hobbies.
(c) To show off their strengths.
(d) To show off their district pride.
7. Why does Katniss think the Avox remembers her from the woods on the day of the girl's capture?
(a) You do not forget your last conversation.
(b) You do not forget your last living relative.
(c) You do not forget your last hope.
(d) You do not forget your last friend.
8. What does Katniss throw out the window of the train?
(a) The cookies the baker gave her.
(b) A tape of the reaping.
(c) A dress her mother gave her.
(d) The pin Madge gave her.
9. What happens if a tribute steps off of their platform too early?
(a) They are imprisoned and sentenced to death.
(b) They are given a time penalty.
(c) A land mine is detonated.
(d) They are taken out of the game.
10. What reaction does Katniss get when she shoots an arrow through the apple in the mouth of a roast pig?
(a) Astonishment and disbelief.
11. What is the only aspect of Katniss' appearance that her design team approves of?
(a) Her strong, clean nails.
(b) Her hairstyle that her mother created with multiple braids.
(c) Her thin, supple body.
(d) Her classic roman features.
12. What does Katniss notice is different about the bow in the training room than the ones she uses at home?
(a) The string is tighter.
(b) The arrows are not as straight.
(c) The wood is too soft.
(d) The feathers are the wrong type.
13. Who is on board the train with the tributes from District Twelve whose job it is to care for them?
(a) Workers from the train company.
(b) Workers from District Two.
(c) Workers from the Capitol.
(d) Workers from District Twelve.
14. What catches Katniss' attention about the dessert served the first night in the training center?
(a) It burns.
(b) It is made with rare berries.
(c) It is four layers tall.
(d) It is flavored with powdered sugar.
15. Who is the only person allowed to be with Katniss as she waits to be transported into the Hunger Games arena?
(a) The Avox.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 8, what is Katniss's reaction to her own actions during the individual demonstrations for the Gamemakers?
2. What comment does Effie Trinket make about Katniss and Peeta's eating habits?
3. What mode of transportation does Katniss ride after the opening ceremonies that she would like to ride again but feels it might be childish?
4. What does Haymitch complain about in Part 1, Chapter 9 as he attempts to prepare Katniss for the interview?
5. Who is Atala?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)