|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person allowed to be with Katniss as she waits to be transported into the Hunger Games arena?
(b) The Avox.
2. Why does Peeta ask Katniss not to release his hand during the procession?
(a) He thinks he might fall out of the chariot.
(b) He wants the crowd to think she loves him.
(c) He is concerned Haymitch will not like it.
(d) He is afraid.
3. What gadgets in her bedroom in Part 1, Chapter 6 impress Katniss on her first night there?
(a) The television.
(b) The game consol.
(c) The radio.
(d) The shower options and the hair untangler, brusher.
4. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
(a) Lights them on fire with synthetic fire.
(b) Adds flowers.
(c) Rips them away.
(d) Removes the headpieces.
5. What is one of the distinct elements of fashion in the Capitol that Katniss notes among her design team?
(a) Coloring one's nails unfortunate colors.
(b) Wearing odd combinations of clothing.
(c) Coloring one's hair and skin bright colors.
(d) Wearing tight clothing.
6. What happens if a tribute steps off of their platform too early?
(a) They are taken out of the game.
(b) A land mine is detonated.
(c) They are imprisoned and sentenced to death.
(d) They are given a time penalty.
7. Who is the first to greet Katniss and Peeta as they enter the Training Center?
(a) The President.
(b) The other tributes.
(c) The prep teams.
(d) Their mentors.
8. What can Prim sell that will help she and her mother survive?
(a) Herbs and spices.
(c) Fresh meat.
(d) Goat milk and cheese.
9. What compliment does Peeta pay Katniss that confuses her in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) She is unaware of the effect she has on people.
(b) She can play the piano well.
(c) She is a good flirt.
(d) She can cook well.
10. What was the name of the place where Panem rose out of the ashes into existence?
(b) North America.
(d) South America.
11. What does Katniss think of Peeta's actions?
(a) Peeta is devious and is trying to trick her into friendship.
(b) Peeta is honestly a good guy.
(c) Peeta is fighting hard to live, which means he is fighting hard to kill her.
(d) Peeta is in love with the notoriety he has just gained as a tribute.
12. What nickname does Gale use with Katniss?
13. What is Buttercup?
(a) A goose.
(b) A goat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
14. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
(a) A mockingjay.
(b) A hummingbird.
(c) A jabberjay.
(d) A mockingbird.
15. What is the main component of the outfit Cinna dresses Katniss in for the opening ceremony of the Hunger Games?
(a) A white wedding dress.
(b) A purple mask.
(c) A cape of red, yellow, and orange streams.
(d) A green unitard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Panem?
2. What is tesserae?
3. What did Gale accuse Katniss of the first time they met?
4. What does Haymitch complain about in Part 1, Chapter 9 as he attempts to prepare Katniss for the interview?
5. What does Katniss notice is different about the bow in the training room than the ones she uses at home?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)