|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does reaping mean?
(a) To gather.
(b) To harvest.
(c) To take.
(d) To steal.
2. What score does Peeta get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
3. Why does Effie encourage Peeta and Katniss to continue to wow the audience?
(a) To get more sponsors.
(b) To win the support of the Gamemakers.
(c) To gain the support of the president.
(d) To intimidate the other tributes.
4. What one talent does Peeta have that Katniss feels he might be able to use in the arena?
(a) He is good with a knife.
(b) He is good with fire arms.
(c) He is good with poisons.
(d) He can wrestle.
5. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
(a) Lights them on fire with synthetic fire.
(b) Rips them away.
(c) Adds flowers.
(d) Removes the headpieces.
6. What is the main goal of getting a high score from the Gamemakers in the individual demonstrations?
(a) Release from the games.
(b) To get gifts from the Gamemakers.
(c) To intimidate the other tributes.
7. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
(a) Kill Effie Trinket.
(b) Form a rebellion.
(c) Run away.
(d) Steal the collection of names from which the tributes will be chosen.
8. How many times is Gale entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
9. How does the Avox respond when Katniss tries to apologize in Part 1, Chapter 9?
(a) She gestures that Katniss did the right thing.
(b) She leaves the room without responding.
(c) She becomes angry and walks away.
(d) She cries.
10. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
(a) Natural disasters and war.
(b) War and nuclear fallout.
(c) Drought and famine.
(d) Excess and glutton.
11. What score does Katniss get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
12. What catches Katniss' attention about the dessert served the first night in the training center?
(a) It burns.
(b) It is made with rare berries.
(c) It is four layers tall.
(d) It is flavored with powdered sugar.
13. Who is Atala?
(a) A servant in the cafeteria.
(b) The head trainer.
(c) The Avox in charge of cleaning the training room.
(d) The head Gamemaker.
14. What did Gale accuse Katniss of the first time they met?
(a) Stealing from his snare.
(b) Following him.
(c) Stealing from his stash of berries.
(d) Spying on him.
15. What causes the death of another tribute within site of Katniss' hidden sleeping position in a tree the first night of the Hunger Games?
(a) She commits suicide out of homesickness.
(b) She lights a fire in the open.
(c) She runs into a bear.
(d) She panics and announces her presence to the Careers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reaction does Katniss get when she shoots an arrow through the apple in the mouth of a roast pig?
2. On whose face do the cameras remain even during the President's speech at the end of the opening ceremony?
3. What beverage does Katniss try for the first time aboard the train taking her to the Capitol?
4. What is the Hob?
5. What is in the trees growing in the roof garden on the training center?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)