|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the trees growing in the roof garden on the training center?
(a) Tracker jacker nests.
(b) Bird feeders.
(d) Wind chimes.
2. What is the Seam?
(a) The end of the earth.
(b) The section of District Twelve where the coal miners live.
(c) The edge of District Twelve's boundary.
(d) The illegal trading post in District Twelve.
3. Which other tribute does Katniss take special notice of while watching the reapings from the other districts?
(a) The twelve year old from District Eleven.
(b) A beautiful fisherman from District Four.
(c) The beautiful girl from District One.
(d) A crippled boy from District Ten.
4. Why does Katniss think the Avox remembers her from the woods on the day of the girl's capture?
(a) You do not forget your last hope.
(b) You do not forget your last conversation.
(c) You do not forget your last living relative.
(d) You do not forget your last friend.
5. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
(a) That she will write every day.
(b) That she will die a good death.
(c) That she will protect Peeta.
(d) That she will try to come back.
6. What does Haymitch complain about in Part 1, Chapter 9 as he attempts to prepare Katniss for the interview?
(a) She is too shy.
(b) She is hostile and will not reveal anything about herself.
(c) She is untruthful.
(d) She is hostile and overly talkative.
7. What weapon does Gale recommend Katniss get as soon as she can in the Hunger Games' arena?
(d) Bow and arrow.
8. What did Gale accuse Katniss of the first time they met?
(a) Following him.
(b) Stealing from his snare.
(c) Spying on him.
(d) Stealing from his stash of berries.
9. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
10. What causes the death of another tribute within site of Katniss' hidden sleeping position in a tree the first night of the Hunger Games?
(a) She lights a fire in the open.
(b) She commits suicide out of homesickness.
(c) She runs into a bear.
(d) She panics and announces her presence to the Careers.
11. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
(a) Removes the headpieces.
(b) Adds flowers.
(c) Rips them away.
(d) Lights them on fire with synthetic fire.
12. What does reaping mean?
(a) To harvest.
(b) To gather.
(c) To take.
(d) To steal.
13. What does Katniss think of the meal she shares with Cinna on their first meeting?
(a) It is too rich.
(b) That she could never afford to make such a meal in Distict Twelve.
(c) That the Capitol is trying to starve her before the Hunger Games.
(d) It does not taste very good.
14. What is District Twelve?
(a) A fishing community in Panem.
(b) An industrial community in Panem.
(c) An agricultural community in Panem.
(d) A coal mining community in Panem.
15. What does Katniss think of Peeta's actions?
(a) Peeta is honestly a good guy.
(b) Peeta is fighting hard to live, which means he is fighting hard to kill her.
(c) Peeta is devious and is trying to trick her into friendship.
(d) Peeta is in love with the notoriety he has just gained as a tribute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Effie encourage Peeta and Katniss to continue to wow the audience?
2. How does the Avox respond when Katniss tries to apologize in Part 1, Chapter 9?
3. What is katniss?
4. What does Katniss wonder if the Avox will enjoy?
5. Why does Katniss refuse to cry in Part 1, Chapter 3 even as she leaves her family and home behind her?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)