|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main component of the outfit Cinna dresses Katniss in for the opening ceremony of the Hunger Games?
(a) A white wedding dress.
(b) A green unitard.
(c) A cape of red, yellow, and orange streams.
(d) A purple mask.
2. What does Katniss note about Haymitch's appearance and behavior at dinner the first night in the training center?
(a) He is drunk and dirty.
(b) He is beligerant and angry.
(c) He is calm and friendly.
(d) He is clean and appears sober.
3. What does Katniss notice is different about the bow in the training room than the ones she uses at home?
(a) The wood is too soft.
(b) The arrows are not as straight.
(c) The feathers are the wrong type.
(d) The string is tighter.
4. Which other tribute does Katniss take special notice of while watching the reapings from the other districts?
(a) The twelve year old from District Eleven.
(b) The beautiful girl from District One.
(c) A crippled boy from District Ten.
(d) A beautiful fisherman from District Four.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 8, what is Katniss's reaction to her own actions during the individual demonstrations for the Gamemakers?
(a) She thinks she did really well.
(b) She thinks she blew her chances at sponsorship.
(c) She thinks she might be turned into an Avox.
(d) She thinks she will score high.
6. What score does Katniss get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
7. What weapon does Katniss have hidden in the woods which she uses to hunt with?
(b) Bow and arrow.
8. What is Katniss' design team doing to her as Part 1, Chapter 5 begins?
(a) Polishing her teeth.
(b) Scrubbing the dirt from her skin.
(c) Removing all the hair on her body.
(d) Shaping her nails.
9. What animal is said to live in the woods outside District Twelve that makes the fence necessary and keeps many from going into the woods?
(b) Wild dogs.
(d) Tracker jackers.
10. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
(a) One might be rich and willing to sponsor him.
(b) It might intimidate the other tributes.
(c) He is excited by the situation.
(d) It never hurts to be nice.
11. What does Haymitch instruct Peeta and Katniss to do as they enter the interview area?
(a) Remember their coaching.
(b) Signal their families at home with prearranged signals.
(c) Answer the questions honestly.
(d) Act like a happy couple.
12. What is placed into Katniss' forearm before she leaves the training center?
(a) A bracelet that identifies her district.
(b) A homing beacon for the other tributes to find her easily.
(c) A bracelet that identifies her.
(d) A tracking device for the Gamemakers to keep track of her.
13. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
(a) Rips them away.
(b) Adds flowers.
(c) Removes the headpieces.
(d) Lights them on fire with synthetic fire.
14. What is the Seam?
(a) The edge of District Twelve's boundary.
(b) The section of District Twelve where the coal miners live.
(c) The illegal trading post in District Twelve.
(d) The end of the earth.
15. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the place where Panem rose out of the ashes into existence?
2. What is Peeta's one fear the night before going into the Hunger Games?
3. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
4. Who is on board the train with the tributes from District Twelve whose job it is to care for them?
5. What is District Twelve?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)