|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 3, Chapter 21 and Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
(a) Their own appearances.
(b) Effie's crooked wig.
(c) The mayor's uncomfortable speech.
(d) Haymitch's fall from the stage.
2. Why does Katniss camouflage the opening of the cave she has been sharing with Peeta?
(a) To protect him while she is at the feast, especially if she does not return.
(b) To keep animals out of the cave.
(c) To keep Peeta from wandering away in the middle of the night.
(d) To keep the warmth in.
3. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
(a) Form a rebellion.
(b) Steal the collection of names from which the tributes will be chosen.
(c) Run away.
(d) Kill Effie Trinket.
4. Who does Katniss hear Cato promising to kill in Part 2, Chapter 16?
5. What does Haymitch instruct Peeta and Katniss to do as they enter the interview area?
(a) Act like a happy couple.
(b) Signal their families at home with prearranged signals.
(c) Remember their coaching.
(d) Answer the questions honestly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katniss believe she can get a weapon and some supplies from the Cornucopia despite Haymitch's advice to ignore the Cornucopia?
2. How long are the tributes forced to stand on their platforms before rushing to gather supplies at the Cornucopia at the start of the games?
3. Where does Katniss hit Clove with an arrow as she attacks in Part 3, Chapter 21?
4. Why is Peeta unhappy that Katniss saved his life in Part 3, Chapter 22?
5. Who is killed in Katniss' silent attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)