|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 3, Chapter 21 and Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katniss do at the end of Part 2, Chapter 13 when the Careers come to rest under the tree in which she is hiding?
(a) She calls down to them and reveals her position.
(b) She shoots arrows down at them.
(c) She lies quietly and waits for them to leave.
(d) She jumps into another tree.
2. Whose is the first name called in the reaping?
(a) Haymitch Abernathy.
(b) Primrose Everdeen.
(c) Katniss Everdeen.
(d) Peeta Mellark.
3. What wakes Katniss in the early hours of the morning at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) A fire ball.
(b) The cannon fire of a tribute's weapon.
(c) The Careers.
(d) The stampeding of animals running from a wall of fire.
4. What is a Peacekeeper?
(a) Futuristic cops assigned to enforce the rules of each district.
(b) A soldier from the Capitol who is assigned to keep order in the Districts.
(c) Politicians assigned to govern the districts.
(d) A soldier from the local district who patrol the outer borders of each district.
5. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
(a) She introduces the previous winners from District Twelve.
(b) She directs the television crews.
(c) She reads the history of Panem.
(d) She draws the names of the tributes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Haymitch consider a rebellion about Peeta and Katniss' actions in the opening ceremonies?
2. Why does Katniss camouflage the opening of the cave she has been sharing with Peeta?
3. Why is Katniss drawn in by Rue, the girl from District Eleven?
4. What mode of transportation does Katniss ride after the opening ceremonies that she would like to ride again but feels it might be childish?
5. What does reaping mean?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)