|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 3, Chapter 21 and Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katniss tell Peeta the story of how she got Prim's goat in Part 3, Chapter 20?
(a) At his request, to keep his mind off his injury.
(b) To appease the sponsors.
(c) To appease Haymitch.
(d) At his request, to reveal more about her intimate life.
2. Who are Career tributes?
(a) Tributes from districts that specialize in professional industries.
(b) Tributes from the richer districts who train year round for the games and feel going to the games is an honor.
(c) Paid volunteers who are hired by rich families to take their children's places in the games.
(d) Trainers who teach the other tributes how to fight and win the games.
3. What helps calm Katniss in the early morning hours of the first full day at the training center?
(a) A good breakfast.
(b) Peeta's presence.
(c) Clothing that resemble what she wore back home.
(d) A long talk with Effie.
4. What happens if a tribute steps off of their platform too early?
(a) A land mine is detonated.
(b) They are taken out of the game.
(c) They are given a time penalty.
(d) They are imprisoned and sentenced to death.
5. Who is Delly Cartwright?
(a) A girl from District Twelve.
(b) A girl from District Two.
(c) An Avox.
(d) A slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rue tell Katniss the sunglasses in her backpack are used for?
2. What does Katniss wonder if the Avox will enjoy?
3. What weapon does Katniss have hidden in the woods which she uses to hunt with?
4. What does reaping mean?
5. How does Katniss know a hovercraft is about to approach the arena during the games?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)