|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 2, Chapter 16, Chapter 17, and Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Prim sell that will help she and her mother survive?
(a) Herbs and spices.
(c) Goat milk and cheese.
(d) Fresh meat.
2. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
3. Who are Career tributes?
(a) Tributes from the richer districts who train year round for the games and feel going to the games is an honor.
(b) Paid volunteers who are hired by rich families to take their children's places in the games.
(c) Tributes from districts that specialize in professional industries.
(d) Trainers who teach the other tributes how to fight and win the games.
4. Where does Katniss find the supplies that once filled the Cornucopia?
(a) In a pyramid next to the lake.
(b) Hidden in a hole near the Careers' camp.
(c) Hidden in a cave.
(d) In the woods.
5. What is unusual about the ladder that lifts Katniss into the hovercraft that will take her to the Hunger Games arena?
(a) It is too short to lift Katniss into the craft.
(b) It is made of gold.
(c) It is too slick to hold on.
(d) It has a force field that keeps her stuck on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katniss refuse to cry in Part 1, Chapter 3 even as she leaves her family and home behind her?
2. What is the one thing Rue tells Katniss she loves most in the world?
3. How long are the tributes forced to stand on their platforms before rushing to gather supplies at the Cornucopia at the start of the games?
4. Why is Katniss seeing shining things around objects as she runs into the woods after her attack on the Careers in Part 2, Chapter 14?
5. What is the only aspect of Katniss' appearance that her design team approves of?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)