|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 2, Chapter 16, Chapter 17, and Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens if a tribute steps off of their platform too early?
(a) They are imprisoned and sentenced to death.
(b) A land mine is detonated.
(c) They are given a time penalty.
(d) They are taken out of the game.
2. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
(a) He is excited by the situation.
(b) It might intimidate the other tributes.
(c) It never hurts to be nice.
(d) One might be rich and willing to sponsor him.
3. How does Katniss purify the water she finds at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) With iodine.
(b) With hydrogen peroxide.
(c) With alcohol.
(d) With a purifying machine.
4. Who is the only person allowed to be with Katniss as she waits to be transported into the Hunger Games arena?
(c) The Avox.
5. What animal is said to live in the woods outside District Twelve that makes the fence necessary and keeps many from going into the woods?
(b) Wild dogs.
(c) Tracker jackers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What target does Katniss hit with her arrow during the individual demonstration that causes a shower of sparks to fall on the floor?
2. What does Haymitch say about Peeta's announcement at the end of the interviews?
3. What is the object of the outfits the tributes wear in the opening ceremony?
4. What item does Katniss tell Rue in Part 2, Chapter 16 that she plans to steal from the Careers' supplies?
5. Who finds Katniss as she attempts to reclaim the bow and arrow from Glimmer in Part 2, Chapter 14?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)