|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 2, Chapter 16, Chapter 17, and Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
(a) That she will protect Peeta.
(b) That she will try to come back.
(c) That she will write every day.
(d) That she will die a good death.
2. What is the one thing Rue tells Katniss she loves most in the world?
3. Why does Effie encourage Peeta and Katniss to continue to wow the audience?
(a) To gain the support of the president.
(b) To get more sponsors.
(c) To win the support of the Gamemakers.
(d) To intimidate the other tributes.
4. How many tributes are left at the end of Part 2, Chapter 18?
5. What does Katniss think of the meal she shares with Cinna on their first meeting?
(a) That she could never afford to make such a meal in Distict Twelve.
(b) It does not taste very good.
(c) It is too rich.
(d) That the Capitol is trying to starve her before the Hunger Games.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katniss purify the water she finds at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
2. What one talent does Peeta have that Katniss feels he might be able to use in the arena?
3. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
4. What trap does Katniss discover Rue has fallen into when she finds her at the end of Part 2, Chapter 17?
5. Why does Katniss think the Avox remembers her from the woods on the day of the girl's capture?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)