|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 2, Chapter 16, Chapter 17, and Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
(a) Excess and glutton.
(b) War and nuclear fallout.
(c) Drought and famine.
(d) Natural disasters and war.
2. What does Katniss wonder if the Avox will enjoy?
(a) Katniss' victory.
(b) Katniss' death.
(c) Her own death.
(d) Her freedom.
3. Why is Katniss drawn in by Rue, the girl from District Eleven?
(a) She is powerful.
(b) She reminds Katniss of Prim.
(c) She reminds Katniss of her mother.
(d) She is pretty.
4. Who are Career tributes?
(a) Paid volunteers who are hired by rich families to take their children's places in the games.
(b) Trainers who teach the other tributes how to fight and win the games.
(c) Tributes from districts that specialize in professional industries.
(d) Tributes from the richer districts who train year round for the games and feel going to the games is an honor.
5. What is the Hob?
(a) The section of District Twelve where the blue collar workers live.
(b) An illegal black market in District Twelve.
(c) The woods near District Twelve.
(d) The section of District Twelve where Katniss lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reaction does Katniss get when she shoots an arrow through the apple in the mouth of a roast pig?
2. What compliment does Peeta pay Katniss that confuses her in Part 1, Chapter 7?
3. What does Katniss note about Haymitch's appearance and behavior at dinner the first night in the training center?
4. What is remarkable about Peeta's appearance in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 12?
5. How many tributes are left at the end of Part 2, Chapter 18?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)