|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 2, Chapter 16, Chapter 17, and Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is placed into Katniss' forearm before she leaves the training center?
(a) A bracelet that identifies her.
(b) A tracking device for the Gamemakers to keep track of her.
(c) A bracelet that identifies her district.
(d) A homing beacon for the other tributes to find her easily.
2. Why does Katniss wake early the first morning in the training center?
(a) She is excited to begin training.
(b) She is homesick.
(c) She has had nightmares.
(d) She is anxious to begin the games.
3. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
(a) One might be rich and willing to sponsor him.
(b) It might intimidate the other tributes.
(c) It never hurts to be nice.
(d) He is excited by the situation.
4. What does Haymitch consider a rebellion about Peeta and Katniss' actions in the opening ceremonies?
(a) Their refusal to listen to the president's speech.
(b) Their fire suits.
(c) Their choice to sit together in the chariot.
(d) Their holding hands.
5. How many tributes are left at the end of Part 2, Chapter 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long are the tributes forced to stand on their platforms before rushing to gather supplies at the Cornucopia at the start of the games?
2. What catches Katniss' attention about the dessert served the first night in the training center?
3. How does Katniss purify the water she finds at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
4. What injury does Katniss suffer in the explosion she set off to destroy the Careers supplies?
5. Whose is the first name called in the reaping?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)