|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 8 and Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katniss think will happen to her and Peeta's friendship strategy once they are in the arena?
(a) It will continue to intimidate the competition.
(b) It will help them win sponsors.
(c) It will help them make alliances.
(d) It will blow up in their faces.
2. What is one of the distinct elements of fashion in the Capitol that Katniss notes among her design team?
(a) Coloring one's nails unfortunate colors.
(b) Coloring one's hair and skin bright colors.
(c) Wearing odd combinations of clothing.
(d) Wearing tight clothing.
3. Why is Katniss drawn in by Rue, the girl from District Eleven?
(a) She reminds Katniss of her mother.
(b) She is powerful.
(c) She reminds Katniss of Prim.
(d) She is pretty.
4. What was the name of the place where Panem rose out of the ashes into existence?
(b) South America.
(d) North America.
5. What business has Katniss' mother begun running from their home?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A butcher's business.
(c) An apothecary business.
(d) A cleaning service.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katniss wake early the first morning in the training center?
2. What is Katniss' design team doing to her as Part 1, Chapter 5 begins?
3. What does Haymitch consider a rebellion about Peeta and Katniss' actions in the opening ceremonies?
4. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
5. What does Katniss wonder if the Avox will enjoy?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)