|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 8 and Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compliment does Peeta pay Katniss that confuses her in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) She can cook well.
(b) She can play the piano well.
(c) She is a good flirt.
(d) She is unaware of the effect she has on people.
2. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
(a) Steal the collection of names from which the tributes will be chosen.
(b) Run away.
(c) Form a rebellion.
(d) Kill Effie Trinket.
3. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
(a) They ignored him.
(b) They stopped to listen.
(c) They fell dead under his spell.
(d) They sang over him.
4. Why does Katniss wake early the first morning in the training center?
(a) She is homesick.
(b) She is anxious to begin the games.
(c) She has had nightmares.
(d) She is excited to begin training.
5. What does Haymitch complain about in Part 1, Chapter 9 as he attempts to prepare Katniss for the interview?
(a) She is hostile and overly talkative.
(b) She is hostile and will not reveal anything about herself.
(c) She is too shy.
(d) She is untruthful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Hob?
2. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
3. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
4. What is katniss?
5. What is Panem?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)