|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 8 and Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the trees growing in the roof garden on the training center?
(b) Bird feeders.
(c) Tracker jacker nests.
(d) Wind chimes.
2. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
(a) Their own appearances.
(b) The mayor's uncomfortable speech.
(c) Effie's crooked wig.
(d) Haymitch's fall from the stage.
3. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
(a) That she will die a good death.
(b) That she will write every day.
(c) That she will try to come back.
(d) That she will protect Peeta.
4. What does Katniss think will happen to her and Peeta's friendship strategy once they are in the arena?
(a) It will help them make alliances.
(b) It will help them win sponsors.
(c) It will blow up in their faces.
(d) It will continue to intimidate the competition.
5. What reaction does Katniss get when she shoots an arrow through the apple in the mouth of a roast pig?
(a) Astonishment and disbelief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss throw out the window of the train?
2. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
3. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
4. What mode of transportation does Katniss ride after the opening ceremonies that she would like to ride again but feels it might be childish?
5. What is a Peacekeeper?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)