|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 8 and Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
2. What is the Seam?
(a) The edge of District Twelve's boundary.
(b) The end of the earth.
(c) The section of District Twelve where the coal miners live.
(d) The illegal trading post in District Twelve.
3. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
(a) That she will try to come back.
(b) That she will protect Peeta.
(c) That she will die a good death.
(d) That she will write every day.
4. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
(a) Natural disasters and war.
(b) Drought and famine.
(c) Excess and glutton.
(d) War and nuclear fallout.
5. What does Katniss think of Peeta's actions?
(a) Peeta is in love with the notoriety he has just gained as a tribute.
(b) Peeta is devious and is trying to trick her into friendship.
(c) Peeta is fighting hard to live, which means he is fighting hard to kill her.
(d) Peeta is honestly a good guy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Atala?
2. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
3. What weapon does Gale recommend Katniss get as soon as she can in the Hunger Games' arena?
4. What animal is said to live in the woods outside District Twelve that makes the fence necessary and keeps many from going into the woods?
5. What reaction does Katniss get when she shoots an arrow through the apple in the mouth of a roast pig?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)