|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 8 and Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the trees growing in the roof garden on the training center?
(a) Wind chimes.
(b) Tracker jacker nests.
(c) Bird feeders.
2. Why does Katniss think the Avox remembers her from the woods on the day of the girl's capture?
(a) You do not forget your last living relative.
(b) You do not forget your last hope.
(c) You do not forget your last friend.
(d) You do not forget your last conversation.
3. Who is Cinna?
(a) Katniss' cousin.
(b) Katniss' stylist.
(c) Katniss' hairdresser.
(d) Katniss' tutor.
4. What is Panem?
(a) The town where Katniss lives.
(b) The ocean near where Katniss lives.
(c) The country where Katniss lives.
(d) The hotel where Katniss lives.
5. What does Katniss notice is different about the bow in the training room than the ones she uses at home?
(a) The wood is too soft.
(b) The feathers are the wrong type.
(c) The string is tighter.
(d) The arrows are not as straight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
2. What does Haymitch complain about in Part 1, Chapter 9 as he attempts to prepare Katniss for the interview?
3. What is tesserae?
4. Why does Effie encourage Peeta and Katniss to continue to wow the audience?
5. What helps calm Katniss in the early morning hours of the first full day at the training center?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)