|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 8 and Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Katniss drawn in by Rue, the girl from District Eleven?
(a) She is pretty.
(b) She reminds Katniss of Prim.
(c) She is powerful.
(d) She reminds Katniss of her mother.
2. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
(a) She introduces the previous winners from District Twelve.
(b) She reads the history of Panem.
(c) She draws the names of the tributes.
(d) She directs the television crews.
3. How often do high scoring tributes win the Hunger Games?
(c) Most of the time.
(d) Every time.
4. What is tesserae?
(a) Adding one's name additional times to the reaping in exchange for oil and grain.
(b) The random selection of tributes' names during the reaping.
(c) A weapon used in the Hunger Games.
(d) The order mandating all citizens watch the reaping.
5. What is Buttercup?
(a) A goat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A goose.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the crowd react as Katniss and Peeta enter the city during the procession?
2. Why does Effie encourage Peeta and Katniss to continue to wow the audience?
3. What is the Seam?
4. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
5. What helps calm Katniss in the early morning hours of the first full day at the training center?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)