|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 8 and Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Gale use with Katniss?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 8, what is Katniss's reaction to her own actions during the individual demonstrations for the Gamemakers?
(a) She thinks she blew her chances at sponsorship.
(b) She thinks she might be turned into an Avox.
(c) She thinks she will score high.
(d) She thinks she did really well.
3. Who is the first to greet Katniss and Peeta as they enter the Training Center?
(a) Their mentors.
(b) The other tributes.
(c) The President.
(d) The prep teams.
4. What can Prim sell that will help she and her mother survive?
(a) Goat milk and cheese.
(b) Herbs and spices.
(d) Fresh meat.
5. What does Katniss think will happen to her and Peeta's friendship strategy once they are in the arena?
(a) It will continue to intimidate the competition.
(b) It will help them win sponsors.
(c) It will help them make alliances.
(d) It will blow up in their faces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
2. What gadgets in her bedroom in Part 1, Chapter 6 impress Katniss on her first night there?
3. What is the object of the outfits the tributes wear in the opening ceremony?
4. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
5. Which other tribute does Katniss take special notice of while watching the reapings from the other districts?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)