|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 8 and Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katniss think of Peeta's actions?
(a) Peeta is devious and is trying to trick her into friendship.
(b) Peeta is fighting hard to live, which means he is fighting hard to kill her.
(c) Peeta is in love with the notoriety he has just gained as a tribute.
(d) Peeta is honestly a good guy.
2. What is District Twelve?
(a) An industrial community in Panem.
(b) A fishing community in Panem.
(c) A coal mining community in Panem.
(d) An agricultural community in Panem.
3. What mode of transportation does Katniss ride after the opening ceremonies that she would like to ride again but feels it might be childish?
(a) A crystal elevator.
(b) An escalator.
(c) A subway train.
(d) A shuttle bus.
4. Where are the training rooms located in the training center?
(a) The roof.
(b) In the center.
(c) On the ground floor.
(d) Below ground level.
5. What is the only aspect of Katniss' appearance that her design team approves of?
(a) Her strong, clean nails.
(b) Her thin, supple body.
(c) Her classic roman features.
(d) Her hairstyle that her mother created with multiple braids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is tesserae?
2. What is the object of the outfits the tributes wear in the opening ceremony?
3. What one talent does Peeta have that Katniss feels he might be able to use in the arena?
4. How does the crowd react as Katniss and Peeta enter the city during the procession?
5. What does Haymitch instruct Peeta and Katniss to do as they enter the interview area?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)