|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 8 and Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katniss note about Haymitch's appearance and behavior at dinner the first night in the training center?
(a) He is beligerant and angry.
(b) He is calm and friendly.
(c) He is drunk and dirty.
(d) He is clean and appears sober.
2. Who is Delly Cartwright?
(a) A girl from District Two.
(b) A slave.
(c) A girl from District Twelve.
(d) An Avox.
3. Why is Katniss drawn in by Rue, the girl from District Eleven?
(a) She is powerful.
(b) She is pretty.
(c) She reminds Katniss of her mother.
(d) She reminds Katniss of Prim.
4. What catches Katniss' attention about the dessert served the first night in the training center?
(a) It burns.
(b) It is flavored with powdered sugar.
(c) It is four layers tall.
(d) It is made with rare berries.
5. What is Katniss' design team doing to her as Part 1, Chapter 5 begins?
(a) Removing all the hair on her body.
(b) Polishing her teeth.
(c) Shaping her nails.
(d) Scrubbing the dirt from her skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the distinct elements of fashion in the Capitol that Katniss notes among her design team?
2. What is Buttercup?
3. What is tesserae?
4. What is Katniss' interview dress covered in that makes it appear that she is on fire?
5. What does Katniss notice is different about the bow in the training room than the ones she uses at home?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)