|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 8 and Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times is Gale entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
2. What gift does the baker bring Katniss when he comes to say goodbye?
(a) A cake.
(b) A locket.
3. What did Peeta do in his individual demonstration for the Gamemakers?
(a) He threw knives.
(b) He threw around some heavy objects.
(c) He painted a picture on the floor.
(d) He wrestled an Avox.
4. Why does Peeta ask Katniss not to release his hand during the procession?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He wants the crowd to think she loves him.
(c) He thinks he might fall out of the chariot.
(d) He is concerned Haymitch will not like it.
5. What score does Peeta get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Prim sell that will help she and her mother survive?
2. What is katniss?
3. What is one of the distinct elements of fashion in the Capitol that Katniss notes among her design team?
4. What one talent does Peeta have that Katniss feels he might be able to use in the arena?
5. How does the Avox respond when Katniss tries to apologize in Part 1, Chapter 9?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)