|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 8 and Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katniss wonder if the Avox will enjoy?
(a) Katniss' death.
(b) Her own death.
(c) Her freedom.
(d) Katniss' victory.
2. Why does Effie encourage Peeta and Katniss to continue to wow the audience?
(a) To gain the support of the president.
(b) To win the support of the Gamemakers.
(c) To get more sponsors.
(d) To intimidate the other tributes.
3. What is tesserae?
(a) The random selection of tributes' names during the reaping.
(b) Adding one's name additional times to the reaping in exchange for oil and grain.
(c) A weapon used in the Hunger Games.
(d) The order mandating all citizens watch the reaping.
4. What reaction does Katniss get when she shoots an arrow through the apple in the mouth of a roast pig?
(a) Astonishment and disbelief.
5. What target does Katniss hit with her arrow during the individual demonstration that causes a shower of sparks to fall on the floor?
(a) An open electrical outlet.
(b) A light fixture.
(c) A fire cracker.
(d) An explosives demonstration station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katniss think the Avox remembers her from the woods on the day of the girl's capture?
2. What is katniss?
3. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
4. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
5. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)