|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 8 and Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the distinct elements of fashion in the Capitol that Katniss notes among her design team?
(a) Wearing odd combinations of clothing.
(b) Coloring one's nails unfortunate colors.
(c) Coloring one's hair and skin bright colors.
(d) Wearing tight clothing.
2. What target does Katniss hit with her arrow during the individual demonstration that causes a shower of sparks to fall on the floor?
(a) An open electrical outlet.
(b) A fire cracker.
(c) A light fixture.
(d) An explosives demonstration station.
3. What did Peeta do in his individual demonstration for the Gamemakers?
(a) He threw knives.
(b) He threw around some heavy objects.
(c) He painted a picture on the floor.
(d) He wrestled an Avox.
4. What item did Peeta once take a beating from his mother to give to Katniss, leaving her indebted to him?
5. What does Katniss think of the meal she shares with Cinna on their first meeting?
(a) It is too rich.
(b) That the Capitol is trying to starve her before the Hunger Games.
(c) That she could never afford to make such a meal in Distict Twelve.
(d) It does not taste very good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is said to live in the woods outside District Twelve that makes the fence necessary and keeps many from going into the woods?
2. What weapon does Katniss have hidden in the woods which she uses to hunt with?
3. What does Katniss note about Haymitch's appearance and behavior at dinner the first night in the training center?
4. What beverage does Katniss try for the first time aboard the train taking her to the Capitol?
5. What nickname does Gale use with Katniss?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)