|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 8 and Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katniss think the Avox remembers her from the woods on the day of the girl's capture?
(a) You do not forget your last friend.
(b) You do not forget your last conversation.
(c) You do not forget your last living relative.
(d) You do not forget your last hope.
2. On whose face do the cameras remain even during the President's speech at the end of the opening ceremony?
(a) The crowd.
(b) Cinna's and Haymitch's.
(c) The tributes from District One.
(d) Katniss' and Peeta's.
3. What does Haymitch complain about in Part 1, Chapter 9 as he attempts to prepare Katniss for the interview?
(a) She is untruthful.
(b) She is hostile and overly talkative.
(c) She is hostile and will not reveal anything about herself.
(d) She is too shy.
4. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
(a) A mockingjay.
(b) A mockingbird.
(c) A hummingbird.
(d) A jabberjay.
5. What target does Katniss hit with her arrow during the individual demonstration that causes a shower of sparks to fall on the floor?
(a) An explosives demonstration station.
(b) An open electrical outlet.
(c) A fire cracker.
(d) A light fixture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Haymitch instruct Peeta and Katniss to do as they enter the interview area?
2. What does reaping mean?
3. What score does Katniss get from the individual demonstrations with the Gamemakers?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 8, what is Katniss's reaction to her own actions during the individual demonstrations for the Gamemakers?
5. How many times is Gale entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)