|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 8 and Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
(a) Kill Effie Trinket.
(b) Run away.
(c) Steal the collection of names from which the tributes will be chosen.
(d) Form a rebellion.
2. Why does Katniss refuse to cry in Part 1, Chapter 3 even as she leaves her family and home behind her?
(a) She does not want to appear weak to the other tributes.
(b) She is afraid once she starts she cannot stop.
(c) She is not sad.
(d) She does not want to give the Capitol the satisfaction of breaking her.
3. Why does Effie encourage Peeta and Katniss to continue to wow the audience?
(a) To win the support of the Gamemakers.
(b) To get more sponsors.
(c) To gain the support of the president.
(d) To intimidate the other tributes.
4. Who is Atala?
(a) The Avox in charge of cleaning the training room.
(b) A servant in the cafeteria.
(c) The head trainer.
(d) The head Gamemaker.
5. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
(a) Haymitch's fall from the stage.
(b) The mayor's uncomfortable speech.
(c) Effie's crooked wig.
(d) Their own appearances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose is the first name called in the reaping?
2. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
3. What does Katniss wonder if the Avox will enjoy?
4. What does reaping mean?
5. What comment does Effie Trinket make about Katniss and Peeta's eating habits?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)