|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 8 and Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katniss notice is different about the bow in the training room than the ones she uses at home?
(a) The arrows are not as straight.
(b) The string is tighter.
(c) The wood is too soft.
(d) The feathers are the wrong type.
2. What is Katniss' interview dress covered in that makes it appear that she is on fire?
(b) Multicolored silk.
(c) Precious gems.
(d) Synthetic flames.
3. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
(a) A mockingjay.
(b) A mockingbird.
(c) A hummingbird.
(d) A jabberjay.
4. Who tells Katniss to focus on him during the interview to help her feel more comfortable?
5. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
(a) That she will die a good death.
(b) That she will try to come back.
(c) That she will protect Peeta.
(d) That she will write every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Avox respond when Katniss tries to apologize in Part 1, Chapter 9?
2. Where are the training rooms located in the training center?
3. What does Katniss note about Haymitch's appearance and behavior at dinner the first night in the training center?
4. What is one of the distinct elements of fashion in the Capitol that Katniss notes among her design team?
5. Whose is the first name called in the reaping?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)