|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 8 and Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is District Twelve?
(a) An industrial community in Panem.
(b) A fishing community in Panem.
(c) A coal mining community in Panem.
(d) An agricultural community in Panem.
2. What is the main goal of getting a high score from the Gamemakers in the individual demonstrations?
(a) To get gifts from the Gamemakers.
(b) Release from the games.
(d) To intimidate the other tributes.
3. What is one of the distinct elements of fashion in the Capitol that Katniss notes among her design team?
(a) Wearing tight clothing.
(b) Wearing odd combinations of clothing.
(c) Coloring one's nails unfortunate colors.
(d) Coloring one's hair and skin bright colors.
4. What does Katniss note about Haymitch's appearance and behavior at dinner the first night in the training center?
(a) He is drunk and dirty.
(b) He is beligerant and angry.
(c) He is calm and friendly.
(d) He is clean and appears sober.
5. What does reaping mean?
(a) To steal.
(b) To gather.
(c) To harvest.
(d) To take.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverage does Katniss try for the first time aboard the train taking her to the Capitol?
2. What is in the trees growing in the roof garden on the training center?
3. Who does Peeta think Gale is to Katniss in Part 1, Chapter 6?
4. What catches Katniss' attention about the dessert served the first night in the training center?
5. What is Katniss' design team doing to her as Part 1, Chapter 5 begins?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)