|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 8 and Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main goal of getting a high score from the Gamemakers in the individual demonstrations?
(b) To get gifts from the Gamemakers.
(c) Release from the games.
(d) To intimidate the other tributes.
2. What does Katniss think of Peeta's actions?
(a) Peeta is in love with the notoriety he has just gained as a tribute.
(b) Peeta is honestly a good guy.
(c) Peeta is fighting hard to live, which means he is fighting hard to kill her.
(d) Peeta is devious and is trying to trick her into friendship.
3. Why does Peeta ask Katniss not to release his hand during the procession?
(a) He wants the crowd to think she loves him.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) He is concerned Haymitch will not like it.
(d) He thinks he might fall out of the chariot.
4. What is the Hob?
(a) The section of District Twelve where the blue collar workers live.
(b) The woods near District Twelve.
(c) An illegal black market in District Twelve.
(d) The section of District Twelve where Katniss lives.
5. What does Haymitch instruct Peeta and Katniss to do as they enter the interview area?
(a) Act like a happy couple.
(b) Answer the questions honestly.
(c) Signal their families at home with prearranged signals.
(d) Remember their coaching.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Katniss drawn in by Rue, the girl from District Eleven?
2. Who tells Katniss to focus on him during the interview to help her feel more comfortable?
3. What gift does the baker bring Katniss when he comes to say goodbye?
4. Whose is the first name called in the reaping?
5. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)