|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What target does Katniss hit with her arrow during the individual demonstration that causes a shower of sparks to fall on the floor?
(a) An explosives demonstration station.
(b) A fire cracker.
(c) An open electrical outlet.
(d) A light fixture.
2. What does reaping mean?
(a) To take.
(b) To gather.
(c) To harvest.
(d) To steal.
3. Why does Katniss think the Avox remembers her from the woods on the day of the girl's capture?
(a) You do not forget your last hope.
(b) You do not forget your last conversation.
(c) You do not forget your last living relative.
(d) You do not forget your last friend.
4. What is Katniss' design team doing to her as Part 1, Chapter 5 begins?
(a) Polishing her teeth.
(b) Scrubbing the dirt from her skin.
(c) Removing all the hair on her body.
(d) Shaping her nails.
5. What does Katniss think of Peeta's actions?
(a) Peeta is fighting hard to live, which means he is fighting hard to kill her.
(b) Peeta is honestly a good guy.
(c) Peeta is in love with the notoriety he has just gained as a tribute.
(d) Peeta is devious and is trying to trick her into friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times is Gale entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
2. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
3. Who is Atala?
4. What helps calm Katniss in the early morning hours of the first full day at the training center?
5. What can Prim sell that will help she and her mother survive?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)