|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
(a) She directs the television crews.
(b) She introduces the previous winners from District Twelve.
(c) She reads the history of Panem.
(d) She draws the names of the tributes.
2. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
(a) Run away.
(b) Steal the collection of names from which the tributes will be chosen.
(c) Kill Effie Trinket.
(d) Form a rebellion.
3. Why does Katniss think the Avox remembers her from the woods on the day of the girl's capture?
(a) You do not forget your last hope.
(b) You do not forget your last conversation.
(c) You do not forget your last friend.
(d) You do not forget your last living relative.
4. Why does Katniss refuse to cry in Part 1, Chapter 3 even as she leaves her family and home behind her?
(a) She does not want to give the Capitol the satisfaction of breaking her.
(b) She does not want to appear weak to the other tributes.
(c) She is not sad.
(d) She is afraid once she starts she cannot stop.
5. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
(a) That she will protect Peeta.
(b) That she will die a good death.
(c) That she will try to come back.
(d) That she will write every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Gale use with Katniss?
2. What does Haymitch consider a rebellion about Peeta and Katniss' actions in the opening ceremonies?
3. What does Katniss think of Peeta's actions?
4. What catches Katniss' attention about the dessert served the first night in the training center?
5. Who is Delly Cartwright?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)