|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compliment does Peeta pay Katniss that confuses her in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) She is a good flirt.
(b) She is unaware of the effect she has on people.
(c) She can cook well.
(d) She can play the piano well.
2. What nickname does Gale use with Katniss?
3. What does Katniss note about Haymitch's appearance and behavior at dinner the first night in the training center?
(a) He is clean and appears sober.
(b) He is calm and friendly.
(c) He is beligerant and angry.
(d) He is drunk and dirty.
4. What is a Peacekeeper?
(a) A soldier from the Capitol who is assigned to keep order in the Districts.
(b) Futuristic cops assigned to enforce the rules of each district.
(c) A soldier from the local district who patrol the outer borders of each district.
(d) Politicians assigned to govern the districts.
5. What does Katniss wonder if the Avox will enjoy?
(a) Katniss' death.
(b) Katniss' victory.
(c) Her freedom.
(d) Her own death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katniss think the Avox remembers her from the woods on the day of the girl's capture?
2. What is the Hob?
3. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
4. What gift does the baker bring Katniss when he comes to say goodbye?
5. What gadgets in her bedroom in Part 1, Chapter 6 impress Katniss on her first night there?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)