|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
(a) A jabberjay.
(b) A hummingbird.
(c) A mockingbird.
(d) A mockingjay.
2. What is the Seam?
(a) The section of District Twelve where the coal miners live.
(b) The end of the earth.
(c) The illegal trading post in District Twelve.
(d) The edge of District Twelve's boundary.
3. What animal is said to live in the woods outside District Twelve that makes the fence necessary and keeps many from going into the woods?
(a) Wild dogs.
(d) Tracker jackers.
4. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
(a) Removes the headpieces.
(b) Adds flowers.
(c) Lights them on fire with synthetic fire.
(d) Rips them away.
5. What is tesserae?
(a) The order mandating all citizens watch the reaping.
(b) A weapon used in the Hunger Games.
(c) The random selection of tributes' names during the reaping.
(d) Adding one's name additional times to the reaping in exchange for oil and grain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katniss notice is different about the bow in the training room than the ones she uses at home?
2. What beverage does Katniss try for the first time aboard the train taking her to the Capitol?
3. Who is in Katniss' room when she returns from talking to Peeta on the roof?
4. Whose is the first name called in the reaping?
5. What does reaping mean?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)