|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helps calm Katniss in the early morning hours of the first full day at the training center?
(a) Peeta's presence.
(b) A long talk with Effie.
(c) Clothing that resemble what she wore back home.
(d) A good breakfast.
2. What catches Katniss' attention about the dessert served the first night in the training center?
(a) It is made with rare berries.
(b) It burns.
(c) It is four layers tall.
(d) It is flavored with powdered sugar.
3. What is a Peacekeeper?
(a) A soldier from the Capitol who is assigned to keep order in the Districts.
(b) Politicians assigned to govern the districts.
(c) A soldier from the local district who patrol the outer borders of each district.
(d) Futuristic cops assigned to enforce the rules of each district.
4. How many times is Gale entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
5. What is the object of the outfits the tributes wear in the opening ceremony?
(a) To show off their district pride.
(b) To represent their industry in their district.
(c) To represent their special interests and hobbies.
(d) To show off their strengths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Buttercup?
2. What is katniss?
3. What is District Twelve?
4. Why does Katniss think the Avox remembers her from the woods on the day of the girl's capture?
5. What reaction does Katniss get when she shoots an arrow through the apple in the mouth of a roast pig?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)