|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is District Twelve?
(a) A fishing community in Panem.
(b) An industrial community in Panem.
(c) An agricultural community in Panem.
(d) A coal mining community in Panem.
2. What does Katniss think of the meal she shares with Cinna on their first meeting?
(a) That the Capitol is trying to starve her before the Hunger Games.
(b) It does not taste very good.
(c) It is too rich.
(d) That she could never afford to make such a meal in Distict Twelve.
3. What catches Katniss' attention about the dessert served the first night in the training center?
(a) It is made with rare berries.
(b) It is flavored with powdered sugar.
(c) It burns.
(d) It is four layers tall.
4. What gadgets in her bedroom in Part 1, Chapter 6 impress Katniss on her first night there?
(a) The game consol.
(b) The television.
(c) The radio.
(d) The shower options and the hair untangler, brusher.
5. What can Prim sell that will help she and her mother survive?
(a) Goat milk and cheese.
(b) Herbs and spices.
(d) Fresh meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the object of the outfits the tributes wear in the opening ceremony?
2. What does reaping mean?
3. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
4. What gift does the baker bring Katniss when he comes to say goodbye?
5. Why does Katniss refuse to cry in Part 1, Chapter 3 even as she leaves her family and home behind her?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)