|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction does Katniss get when she shoots an arrow through the apple in the mouth of a roast pig?
(a) Astonishment and disbelief.
2. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
(a) They sang over him.
(b) They ignored him.
(c) They stopped to listen.
(d) They fell dead under his spell.
3. What can Prim sell that will help she and her mother survive?
(a) Fresh meat.
(b) Herbs and spices.
(d) Goat milk and cheese.
4. What catches Katniss' attention about the dessert served the first night in the training center?
(a) It is four layers tall.
(b) It is made with rare berries.
(c) It is flavored with powdered sugar.
(d) It burns.
5. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
(a) Run away.
(b) Form a rebellion.
(c) Steal the collection of names from which the tributes will be chosen.
(d) Kill Effie Trinket.
Short Answer Questions
1. On whose face do the cameras remain even during the President's speech at the end of the opening ceremony?
2. What is tesserae?
3. What compliment does Peeta pay Katniss that confuses her in Part 1, Chapter 7?
4. What item did Peeta once take a beating from his mother to give to Katniss, leaving her indebted to him?
5. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)