|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Effie encourage Peeta and Katniss to continue to wow the audience?
(a) To get more sponsors.
(b) To gain the support of the president.
(c) To win the support of the Gamemakers.
(d) To intimidate the other tributes.
2. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
(a) A jabberjay.
(b) A hummingbird.
(c) A mockingbird.
(d) A mockingjay.
3. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
(a) Natural disasters and war.
(b) Drought and famine.
(c) War and nuclear fallout.
(d) Excess and glutton.
4. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
(a) That she will protect Peeta.
(b) That she will try to come back.
(c) That she will die a good death.
(d) That she will write every day.
5. Who is Atala?
(a) The head Gamemaker.
(b) The head trainer.
(c) A servant in the cafeteria.
(d) The Avox in charge of cleaning the training room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katniss refuse to cry in Part 1, Chapter 3 even as she leaves her family and home behind her?
2. Why does Katniss think the Avox remembers her from the woods on the day of the girl's capture?
3. What is one of the distinct elements of fashion in the Capitol that Katniss notes among her design team?
4. What one talent does Peeta have that Katniss feels he might be able to use in the arena?
5. What does Katniss think of the meal she shares with Cinna on their first meeting?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)