|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Panem?
(a) The town where Katniss lives.
(b) The hotel where Katniss lives.
(c) The ocean near where Katniss lives.
(d) The country where Katniss lives.
2. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
(a) She introduces the previous winners from District Twelve.
(b) She draws the names of the tributes.
(c) She directs the television crews.
(d) She reads the history of Panem.
3. On whose face do the cameras remain even during the President's speech at the end of the opening ceremony?
(a) The crowd.
(b) Katniss' and Peeta's.
(c) Cinna's and Haymitch's.
(d) The tributes from District One.
4. What does reaping mean?
(a) To steal.
(b) To harvest.
(c) To gather.
(d) To take.
5. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
(a) It might intimidate the other tributes.
(b) One might be rich and willing to sponsor him.
(c) He is excited by the situation.
(d) It never hurts to be nice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Buttercup?
2. Which other tribute does Katniss take special notice of while watching the reapings from the other districts?
3. What reaction does Katniss get when she shoots an arrow through the apple in the mouth of a roast pig?
4. What comment does Effie Trinket make about Katniss and Peeta's eating habits?
5. What gadgets in her bedroom in Part 1, Chapter 6 impress Katniss on her first night there?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)