|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
(a) He is excited by the situation.
(b) One might be rich and willing to sponsor him.
(c) It might intimidate the other tributes.
(d) It never hurts to be nice.
2. What does Katniss note about Haymitch's appearance and behavior at dinner the first night in the training center?
(a) He is drunk and dirty.
(b) He is calm and friendly.
(c) He is beligerant and angry.
(d) He is clean and appears sober.
3. Who is Delly Cartwright?
(a) A slave.
(b) An Avox.
(c) A girl from District Twelve.
(d) A girl from District Two.
4. Why does Katniss think the Avox remembers her from the woods on the day of the girl's capture?
(a) You do not forget your last conversation.
(b) You do not forget your last living relative.
(c) You do not forget your last friend.
(d) You do not forget your last hope.
5. What does Haymitch consider a rebellion about Peeta and Katniss' actions in the opening ceremonies?
(a) Their choice to sit together in the chariot.
(b) Their fire suits.
(c) Their refusal to listen to the president's speech.
(d) Their holding hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is District Twelve?
2. Who is in Katniss' room when she returns from talking to Peeta on the roof?
3. What is the only aspect of Katniss' appearance that her design team approves of?
4. Why is Katniss drawn in by Rue, the girl from District Eleven?
5. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)