|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is on board the train with the tributes from District Twelve whose job it is to care for them?
(a) Workers from the train company.
(b) Workers from District Two.
(c) Workers from District Twelve.
(d) Workers from the Capitol.
2. What mode of transportation does Katniss ride after the opening ceremonies that she would like to ride again but feels it might be childish?
(a) A subway train.
(b) A shuttle bus.
(c) A crystal elevator.
(d) An escalator.
3. What one talent does Peeta have that Katniss feels he might be able to use in the arena?
(a) He is good with a knife.
(b) He is good with fire arms.
(c) He is good with poisons.
(d) He can wrestle.
4. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
(a) She reads the history of Panem.
(b) She draws the names of the tributes.
(c) She introduces the previous winners from District Twelve.
(d) She directs the television crews.
5. Whose is the first name called in the reaping?
(a) Katniss Everdeen.
(b) Primrose Everdeen.
(c) Haymitch Abernathy.
(d) Peeta Mellark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Katniss drawn in by Rue, the girl from District Eleven?
2. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
3. What does Katniss wonder if the Avox will enjoy?
4. What business has Katniss' mother begun running from their home?
5. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)