|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does reaping mean?
(a) To harvest.
(b) To steal.
(c) To gather.
(d) To take.
2. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
3. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
(a) Natural disasters and war.
(b) War and nuclear fallout.
(c) Excess and glutton.
(d) Drought and famine.
4. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
(a) They ignored him.
(b) They fell dead under his spell.
(c) They stopped to listen.
(d) They sang over him.
5. Why does Katniss wake early the first morning in the training center?
(a) She is homesick.
(b) She is anxious to begin the games.
(c) She has had nightmares.
(d) She is excited to begin training.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katniss think the Avox remembers her from the woods on the day of the girl's capture?
2. What catches Katniss' attention about the dessert served the first night in the training center?
3. What helps calm Katniss in the early morning hours of the first full day at the training center?
4. What does Katniss think of the meal she shares with Cinna on their first meeting?
5. What is Buttercup?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)