|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the object of the outfits the tributes wear in the opening ceremony?
(a) To show off their district pride.
(b) To show off their strengths.
(c) To represent their special interests and hobbies.
(d) To represent their industry in their district.
2. What reaction does Katniss get when she shoots an arrow through the apple in the mouth of a roast pig?
(c) Astonishment and disbelief.
3. What is the Hob?
(a) The woods near District Twelve.
(b) An illegal black market in District Twelve.
(c) The section of District Twelve where Katniss lives.
(d) The section of District Twelve where the blue collar workers live.
4. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
(a) A hummingbird.
(b) A mockingbird.
(c) A mockingjay.
(d) A jabberjay.
5. What business has Katniss' mother begun running from their home?
(a) A butcher's business.
(b) A bakery.
(c) An apothecary business.
(d) A cleaning service.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to greet Katniss and Peeta as they enter the Training Center?
2. What is Panem?
3. Who is on board the train with the tributes from District Twelve whose job it is to care for them?
4. On whose face do the cameras remain even during the President's speech at the end of the opening ceremony?
5. What beverage does Katniss try for the first time aboard the train taking her to the Capitol?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)