|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the object of the outfits the tributes wear in the opening ceremony?
(a) To show off their strengths.
(b) To show off their district pride.
(c) To represent their special interests and hobbies.
(d) To represent their industry in their district.
2. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
(a) They ignored him.
(b) They sang over him.
(c) They stopped to listen.
(d) They fell dead under his spell.
3. What is District Twelve?
(a) An agricultural community in Panem.
(b) An industrial community in Panem.
(c) A fishing community in Panem.
(d) A coal mining community in Panem.
4. What does Katniss wonder if the Avox will enjoy?
(a) Katniss' victory.
(b) Her freedom.
(c) Katniss' death.
(d) Her own death.
5. What does Cinna do to Katniss and Peeta's outfits as their chariot joins the procession?
(a) Lights them on fire with synthetic fire.
(b) Removes the headpieces.
(c) Rips them away.
(d) Adds flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose is the first name called in the reaping?
2. What was the name of the place where Panem rose out of the ashes into existence?
3. What gift does the baker bring Katniss when he comes to say goodbye?
4. How many times is Katniss' name entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
5. What is a Peacekeeper?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)