|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
(a) That she will protect Peeta.
(b) That she will try to come back.
(c) That she will write every day.
(d) That she will die a good death.
2. What does Katniss note about Haymitch's appearance and behavior at dinner the first night in the training center?
(a) He is beligerant and angry.
(b) He is calm and friendly.
(c) He is clean and appears sober.
(d) He is drunk and dirty.
3. What is Panem?
(a) The town where Katniss lives.
(b) The country where Katniss lives.
(c) The hotel where Katniss lives.
(d) The ocean near where Katniss lives.
4. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
(a) She draws the names of the tributes.
(b) She introduces the previous winners from District Twelve.
(c) She directs the television crews.
(d) She reads the history of Panem.
5. What is Buttercup?
(a) A dog.
(b) A goat.
(c) A goose.
(d) A cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
2. What does Katniss think of the meal she shares with Cinna on their first meeting?
3. What beverage does Katniss try for the first time aboard the train taking her to the Capitol?
4. What item did Peeta once take a beating from his mother to give to Katniss, leaving her indebted to him?
5. Why does Peeta ask Katniss not to release his hand during the procession?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)