|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
(a) Form a rebellion.
(b) Kill Effie Trinket.
(c) Steal the collection of names from which the tributes will be chosen.
(d) Run away.
2. What item did Peeta once take a beating from his mother to give to Katniss, leaving her indebted to him?
3. What is Panem?
(a) The country where Katniss lives.
(b) The hotel where Katniss lives.
(c) The town where Katniss lives.
(d) The ocean near where Katniss lives.
4. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
(a) Effie's crooked wig.
(b) Haymitch's fall from the stage.
(c) The mayor's uncomfortable speech.
(d) Their own appearances.
5. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
(a) She introduces the previous winners from District Twelve.
(b) She directs the television crews.
(c) She reads the history of Panem.
(d) She draws the names of the tributes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the distinct elements of fashion in the Capitol that Katniss notes among her design team?
2. What weapon does Gale recommend Katniss get as soon as she can in the Hunger Games' arena?
3. What was the name of the place where Panem rose out of the ashes into existence?
4. What mode of transportation does Katniss ride after the opening ceremonies that she would like to ride again but feels it might be childish?
5. What is the Hob?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)