|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Katniss' design team doing to her as Part 1, Chapter 5 begins?
(a) Polishing her teeth.
(b) Removing all the hair on her body.
(c) Shaping her nails.
(d) Scrubbing the dirt from her skin.
2. What is District Twelve?
(a) A coal mining community in Panem.
(b) An industrial community in Panem.
(c) A fishing community in Panem.
(d) An agricultural community in Panem.
3. How does the crowd react as Katniss and Peeta enter the city during the procession?
(a) They scream their names and cheer.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They boo.
(d) They ignore them.
4. What is the main component of the outfit Cinna dresses Katniss in for the opening ceremony of the Hunger Games?
(a) A green unitard.
(b) A cape of red, yellow, and orange streams.
(c) A white wedding dress.
(d) A purple mask.
5. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
(a) She directs the television crews.
(b) She draws the names of the tributes.
(c) She reads the history of Panem.
(d) She introduces the previous winners from District Twelve.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times is Gale entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
2. What does Katniss wonder if the Avox will enjoy?
3. What gift does the baker bring Katniss when he comes to say goodbye?
4. What item did Peeta once take a beating from his mother to give to Katniss, leaving her indebted to him?
5. What can Prim sell that will help she and her mother survive?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)