|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is said to live in the woods outside District Twelve that makes the fence necessary and keeps many from going into the woods?
(a) Wild dogs.
(c) Tracker jackers.
2. How did the birds respond to Katniss' father when he sang to them?
(a) They ignored him.
(b) They fell dead under his spell.
(c) They sang over him.
(d) They stopped to listen.
3. Why does Peeta ask Katniss not to release his hand during the procession?
(a) He thinks he might fall out of the chariot.
(b) He is concerned Haymitch will not like it.
(c) He wants the crowd to think she loves him.
(d) He is afraid.
4. What does Katniss throw out the window of the train?
(a) The pin Madge gave her.
(b) The cookies the baker gave her.
(c) A tape of the reaping.
(d) A dress her mother gave her.
5. What is District Twelve?
(a) A coal mining community in Panem.
(b) A fishing community in Panem.
(c) An agricultural community in Panem.
(d) An industrial community in Panem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
2. What catches Katniss' attention about the dessert served the first night in the training center?
3. Who does Peeta think Gale is to Katniss in Part 1, Chapter 6?
4. How many times is Gale entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
5. What gadgets in her bedroom in Part 1, Chapter 6 impress Katniss on her first night there?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)