|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Effie Trinket play in the reaping?
(a) She draws the names of the tributes.
(b) She directs the television crews.
(c) She reads the history of Panem.
(d) She introduces the previous winners from District Twelve.
2. What is a Peacekeeper?
(a) Futuristic cops assigned to enforce the rules of each district.
(b) Politicians assigned to govern the districts.
(c) A soldier from the Capitol who is assigned to keep order in the Districts.
(d) A soldier from the local district who patrol the outer borders of each district.
3. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
(a) War and nuclear fallout.
(b) Natural disasters and war.
(c) Drought and famine.
(d) Excess and glutton.
4. What does Katniss note about Haymitch's appearance and behavior at dinner the first night in the training center?
(a) He is clean and appears sober.
(b) He is drunk and dirty.
(c) He is calm and friendly.
(d) He is beligerant and angry.
5. What animal is said to live in the woods outside District Twelve that makes the fence necessary and keeps many from going into the woods?
(b) Wild dogs.
(d) Tracker jackers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
2. Who is on board the train with the tributes from District Twelve whose job it is to care for them?
3. What does Katniss think of Peeta's actions?
4. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
5. What business has Katniss' mother begun running from their home?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)