Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 1, Chapter 3 and Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Peeta give to Katniss for waving at the crowd when the train arrives in the Capitol?
(a) It might intimidate the other tributes.
(b) It never hurts to be nice.
(c) One might be rich and willing to sponsor him.
(d) He is excited by the situation.
2. Which other tribute does Katniss take special notice of while watching the reapings from the other districts?
(a) The twelve year old from District Eleven.
(b) The beautiful girl from District One.
(c) A beautiful fisherman from District Four.
(d) A crippled boy from District Ten.
3. What nickname does Gale use with Katniss?
4. What is katniss?
(a) A tree that grows small, red fruits.
(b) A bush that attracts wild cats.
(c) A plant with tubers that can be eaten like potatoes.
(d) A flower with tiny blue petals.
5. What business has Katniss' mother begun running from their home?
(a) An apothecary business.
(b) A butcher's business.
(c) A bakery.
(d) A cleaning service.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does reaping mean?
2. What does Gale suggest to Katniss they do in Part 1, Chapter 1 as they look ahead to that day's reaping?
3. What caused the fall of the previous civilization before Panem came into existence?
4. How many times is Gale entered into the drawing at the reaping in the first chapter of the novel?
5. When Katniss and Peeta watch the recap of their own reaping, what causes them to laugh?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)