|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 2, Chapter 12 and Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long are the tributes forced to stand on their platforms before rushing to gather supplies at the Cornucopia at the start of the games?
(a) Two minutes.
(b) Sixty seconds.
(c) Thirty seconds.
(d) Five minutes.
2. What item in the backpack Katniss managed to grab at the Cornucopia does not appear to work properly?
(a) A pair of sunglasses.
(b) A water purifier.
(c) A plastic rain coat.
(d) A sleeping bag.
3. What does Katniss wonder if the Avox will enjoy?
(a) Katniss' victory.
(b) Her freedom.
(c) Katniss' death.
(d) Her own death.
4. What is unusual about the ladder that lifts Katniss into the hovercraft that will take her to the Hunger Games arena?
(a) It is too short to lift Katniss into the craft.
(b) It is made of gold.
(c) It has a force field that keeps her stuck on.
(d) It is too slick to hold on.
5. Why does Katniss wake early the first morning in the training center?
(a) She is anxious to begin the games.
(b) She has had nightmares.
(c) She is excited to begin training.
(d) She is homesick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the rules of the Hunger Games say about the number of winners?
2. Who is the only person allowed to be with Katniss as she waits to be transported into the Hunger Games arena?
3. Who is in Katniss' room when she returns from talking to Peeta on the roof?
4. What is placed into Katniss' forearm before she leaves the training center?
5. How does Katniss know a hovercraft is about to approach the arena during the games?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)