|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 2, Chapter 12 and Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes Katniss in the early hours of the morning at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) A fire ball.
(b) The cannon fire of a tribute's weapon.
(c) The Careers.
(d) The stampeding of animals running from a wall of fire.
2. What helps calm Katniss in the early morning hours of the first full day at the training center?
(a) A long talk with Effie.
(b) A good breakfast.
(c) Clothing that resemble what she wore back home.
(d) Peeta's presence.
3. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
(a) A mockingbird.
(b) A jabberjay.
(c) A mockingjay.
(d) A hummingbird.
4. Who is Atala?
(a) The head Gamemaker.
(b) The head trainer.
(c) The Avox in charge of cleaning the training room.
(d) A servant in the cafeteria.
5. What part of Katniss's clothing is damaged as she runs from danger in the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) Her skirt.
(b) Her jacket.
(c) Her pants.
(d) Her shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Effie encourage Peeta and Katniss to continue to wow the audience?
2. What target does Katniss hit with her arrow during the individual demonstration that causes a shower of sparks to fall on the floor?
3. What causes the death of another tribute within site of Katniss' hidden sleeping position in a tree the first night of the Hunger Games?
4. What catches Katniss' attention about the dessert served the first night in the training center?
5. What does Katniss believe has caused the natural disaster that settles in the arena in Part 2, Chapter 13?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)