|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 2, Chapter 12 and Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katniss refuse to cry in Part 1, Chapter 3 even as she leaves her family and home behind her?
(a) She does not want to appear weak to the other tributes.
(b) She is not sad.
(c) She does not want to give the Capitol the satisfaction of breaking her.
(d) She is afraid once she starts she cannot stop.
2. What compliment does Peeta pay Katniss that confuses her in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) She can cook well.
(b) She is a good flirt.
(c) She is unaware of the effect she has on people.
(d) She can play the piano well.
3. What does Katniss think will happen to her and Peeta's friendship strategy once they are in the arena?
(a) It will continue to intimidate the competition.
(b) It will help them make alliances.
(c) It will help them win sponsors.
(d) It will blow up in their faces.
4. What one talent does Peeta have that Katniss feels he might be able to use in the arena?
(a) He is good with poisons.
(b) He can wrestle.
(c) He is good with a knife.
(d) He is good with fire arms.
5. Who is Atala?
(a) A servant in the cafeteria.
(b) The head Gamemaker.
(c) The head trainer.
(d) The Avox in charge of cleaning the training room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Effie encourage Peeta and Katniss to continue to wow the audience?
2. What does Katniss note about Haymitch's appearance and behavior at dinner the first night in the training center?
3. What does Haymitch consider a rebellion about Peeta and Katniss' actions in the opening ceremonies?
4. Who does Katniss see with the bow and arrow she so desperately wanted from the Cornucopia?
5. What gift does the baker bring Katniss when he comes to say goodbye?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)