|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 2, Chapter 12 and Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peeta's one fear the night before going into the Hunger Games?
(a) His family will suffer after his death.
(b) He might disgrace himself or change into someone he is not.
(c) He will die.
(d) Katniss will die.
2. Who are Career tributes?
(a) Tributes from districts that specialize in professional industries.
(b) Tributes from the richer districts who train year round for the games and feel going to the games is an honor.
(c) Trainers who teach the other tributes how to fight and win the games.
(d) Paid volunteers who are hired by rich families to take their children's places in the games.
3. What helps calm Katniss in the early morning hours of the first full day at the training center?
(a) A good breakfast.
(b) Clothing that resemble what she wore back home.
(c) Peeta's presence.
(d) A long talk with Effie.
4. What does Haymitch consider a rebellion about Peeta and Katniss' actions in the opening ceremonies?
(a) Their refusal to listen to the president's speech.
(b) Their fire suits.
(c) Their choice to sit together in the chariot.
(d) Their holding hands.
5. What does Katniss do at the end of Part 2, Chapter 13 when the Careers come to rest under the tree in which she is hiding?
(a) She shoots arrows down at them.
(b) She lies quietly and waits for them to leave.
(c) She jumps into another tree.
(d) She calls down to them and reveals her position.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the trees growing in the roof garden on the training center?
2. Who is the only person allowed to be with Katniss as she waits to be transported into the Hunger Games arena?
3. What is on the pin Madge gives Katniss to wear in the arena?
4. What business has Katniss' mother begun running from their home?
5. What promise does Prim force Katniss to make before she goes to the Hunger Games?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)