|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 3, Chapter 19 and Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Katniss leach the infection from Peeta's leg wound in Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) She uses medicine Haymitch sent.
(b) She presses on it.
(c) She wraps it with tree bark.
(d) The leaves Rue showed her to use.
2. What is unusual about the ladder that lifts Katniss into the hovercraft that will take her to the Hunger Games arena?
(a) It is made of gold.
(b) It is too slick to hold on.
(c) It is too short to lift Katniss into the craft.
(d) It has a force field that keeps her stuck on.
3. What does Katniss note about Haymitch's appearance and behavior at dinner the first night in the training center?
(a) He is clean and appears sober.
(b) He is calm and friendly.
(c) He is drunk and dirty.
(d) He is beligerant and angry.
4. What does Katniss wonder if the Avox will enjoy?
(a) Her freedom.
(b) Katniss' death.
(c) Her own death.
(d) Katniss' victory.
5. What causes the death of another tribute within site of Katniss' hidden sleeping position in a tree the first night of the Hunger Games?
(a) She panics and announces her presence to the Careers.
(b) She commits suicide out of homesickness.
(c) She runs into a bear.
(d) She lights a fire in the open.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the trees growing in the roof garden on the training center?
2. What does Haymitch say about Peeta's announcement at the end of the interviews?
3. What mode of transportation does Katniss ride after the opening ceremonies that she would like to ride again but feels it might be childish?
4. What does Katniss notice the Gamemakers have begun to mess with in Part 3, Chapter 20?
5. Why does Katniss decide she must find Peeta at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 19?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)