|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 3, Chapter 19 and Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long are the tributes forced to stand on their platforms before rushing to gather supplies at the Cornucopia at the start of the games?
(a) Sixty seconds.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Thirty seconds.
(d) Two minutes.
2. What does Katniss notice the Gamemakers have begun to mess with in Part 3, Chapter 20?
(a) The animals living in the arena.
(b) The temperature of the arena.
(c) The duration of the day in the arena.
(d) The light in the arena.
3. Why does Katniss tell Peeta the story of how she got Prim's goat in Part 3, Chapter 20?
(a) At his request, to reveal more about her intimate life.
(b) To appease Haymitch.
(c) To appease the sponsors.
(d) At his request, to keep his mind off his injury.
4. Why is Katniss unhappy with the rocky terrain her search for Peeta takes her?
(a) She cannot leave tracks to follow back to her camp.
(b) She knows she cannot fight Cato or Thresh there.
(c) She cannot hunt there.
(d) She knows she needs shelter when it gets dark.
5. What happens if a tribute steps off of their platform too early?
(a) They are taken out of the game.
(b) They are imprisoned and sentenced to death.
(c) They are given a time penalty.
(d) A land mine is detonated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Haymitch consider a rebellion about Peeta and Katniss' actions in the opening ceremonies?
2. What does Katniss wonder if the Avox will enjoy?
3. Who is the only person allowed to be with Katniss as she waits to be transported into the Hunger Games arena?
4. Why does Katniss think the Avox remembers her from the woods on the day of the girl's capture?
5. What does Haymitch send Katniss the first night after she finds Peeta and hides in a cave?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)