|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunger Games, Part 3, Chapter 19 and Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Katniss tell Peeta the story of how she got Prim's goat in Part 3, Chapter 20?
(a) At his request, to keep his mind off his injury.
(b) At his request, to reveal more about her intimate life.
(c) To appease Haymitch.
(d) To appease the sponsors.
2. Why does Katniss believe she can get a weapon and some supplies from the Cornucopia despite Haymitch's advice to ignore the Cornucopia?
(a) The others are distracted by the announcer's voice.
(b) The others are distracted by checking out the area around them.
(c) She is the only one who can use the bow and arrow.
(d) She can run faster than most of the other tributes.
3. How does Katniss clean Peeta off after she finds him in Part 3, Chapter 19?
(a) She rolls him in the stream.
(b) She does not.
(c) She uses soap sent to her by a sponsor.
(d) She strips him naked and leaves his clothes on the rocks.
4. What does Haymitch send Katniss the first night after she finds Peeta and hides in a cave?
5. What does Katniss note about Haymitch's appearance and behavior at dinner the first night in the training center?
(a) He is beligerant and angry.
(b) He is drunk and dirty.
(c) He is clean and appears sober.
(d) He is calm and friendly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Peeta think Gale is to Katniss in Part 1, Chapter 6?
2. What happens if a tribute steps off of their platform too early?
3. What sign does Katniss find on the rocks that tells her she is on the right track in her search for Peeta and Part 3, Chapter 19?
4. What is unusual about the ladder that lifts Katniss into the hovercraft that will take her to the Hunger Games arena?
5. What do the rules of the Hunger Games say about the number of winners?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)