|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wins the First Annual Tarzan Jumping Contest?
2. Someday she says she’ll tell all of her secrets to whom?
(a) Her sister, Nenny.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her Aunt Lupe.
3. Where does Marin’s boyfriend live?
(d) Puerto Rico.
4. How does it make Esperanza feel when the nun asked, “You live there?”
(a) Like she was “lucky.”
(b) Like “nothing.”
5. What does Kiki have hair like?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Louie friends with?
2. How do Nenny and Esperanza resemble each other?
3. Esperanza believes that other people who wander into her neighborhood believe they will be attacked with what?
4. What is the main topic of the first vignette?
5. Esperanza believes that boys and girls live in separate what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Marin, Esperanza’s neighbor, waiting for?
2. Why does Esperanza believe Mrs. Vargas is so overwhelmed?
3. How does Esperanza feel when the nun is inquiring where she lives?
4. Why is Esperanza not afraid of the people in her neighborhood?
5. Why doesn’t Alicia want to take over her mother’s role?
6. What does Esperanza feel like her name means?
7. Why does Esperanza think others think the people in her neighborhood are dangerous?
8. What do the girls believe hips are good for?
9. How does Esperanza try and convince her mother to allow her to eat in the canteen?
10. What does she mean by: “That is how it goes and goes”?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)