|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29: "Four Skinny Trees".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets Esperanza a job?
(b) Her Aunt Lala.
(c) Uncle Nacho.
2. Why does Esperanza go to the fortune-teller?
(a) She wants to know how many children she will have.
(b) To see if her mama gets better.
(c) To see how long she will live.
(d) She wants to know about her future house.
3. Why must Alicia be the one to wake early to make the lunchbox tortillas?
(a) Her father told her she must.
(b) All of the above.
(c) No one else in her family will do it.
(d) Her mother has died and she is the oldest woman in the house.
4. Where is Esperanza’s new job?
(a) At the Monkey Garden.
(b) The fair.
(c) At Gil’s Furniture.
(d) At the Peter Pan Photo Finishers.
5. What/who goes with Earl everywhere?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) Two little black dogs.
(d) His red-tailed macaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esperanza have to lie about when she shows up on her first day at her new job?
2. Why are Louie’s parents sending Marin back to P.R. next year?
3. Why does Esperanza find these trees so miraculous?
4. What does Marin do for work to earn money?
5. When does Earl work?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)