|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19: "Chanclas".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alicia inherit from her mother?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her rolling pin and sleepiness.
(c) Her aprons.
(d) Her dresses.
2. What has Esperanza’s mother forgotten to buy?
(a) Esperanza’s new dress.
(b) Dress gloves.
(c) A muff.
(d) Esperanza’s new shoes.
3. What has made Esperanza’s mother sick, or so she thinks?
(a) Too much dancing.
(b) Too much alcohol.
(c) The flu.
(d) Too many tamales.
4. Why is Esperanza sent to school with a rice sandwich?
(a) Her mother thinks that rice is the most nutritious thing to eat.
(b) Her brother is playing a trick on her.
(c) This is what her family likes to eat.
(d) The family doesn’t have any meat.
5. Esperanza reads that Eskimos have thirty different names for what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The beginning of this vignette begins as what?
2. How does she feel when she drives into another neighborhood of “another color”?
3. What is Meme’s real name?
4. What does Nenny want to buy, but Gil tells her it is not for sale?
5. What does she plan on doing as soon as she gets back to P.R.?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)