|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16: "And Some More".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esperanza once buy for a dime?
(a) A statue of liberty figurine.
(b) A book.
(c) A baby doll.
(d) A porcelain mug.
2. Who is too young to be her friend?
(a) Kiki, her brother.
(b) Titus, the neighbor boy.
(c) Nenny, her younger sister.
(d) Lucy, the neighbor girl.
3. At the end of this vignette she uses a metaphor to compare herself to a what?
(a) A rushing river.
(b) A giraffe.
(c) An anchor.
(d) A red balloon.
4. Why does Esperanza think that Rachel and Lucy look alike?
(a) They have the same fat Popsicle lips.
(b) They have the same thick hair.
(c) They are the same height.
(d) They have the same laughter.
5. What does Kiki have hair like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog does Meme have?
2. Who is Esperanza named after?
3. Why do they want five dollars from Esperanza?
4. How many steps are in the front of Meme’s house?
5. A house. What does Esperanza see that reminds her of Mexico?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)