|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11: "Marin".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wins the First Annual Tarzan Jumping Contest?
2. What does Nenny want to buy, but Gil tells her it is not for sale?
(a) A shawl.
(b) A music box.
(c) A typewriter.
(d) A baby doll.
3. “My papa’s hair is like a broom” is an example of what?
(c) A metaphor.
(d) A simile.
4. Why do they want five dollars from Esperanza?
(a) To prove her loyalty.
(b) To buy a bike.
(c) To buy food for dinner.
(d) To buy candy.
5. Why are Louie’s parents sending Marin back to P.R. next year?
(a) They say she is too much trouble.
(b) She's pregnant.
(c) She refuses to babysit.
(d) She is too expensive to feed and house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Spanish what does she feel like her name means?
2. Why does Esperanza think that Rachel and Lucy look alike?
3. What happened to the winner?
4. How does she describe Nenny’s hair?
5. What is Meme’s real name?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)