|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: "Laughter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wouldn’t marry, at first?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her great-grandmother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
2. How does she describe Nenny’s hair?
(a) As wet.
(b) As furry.
(c) As slippery.
(d) As fluffy.
3. What is Esperanza comparing in her family?
(a) Their teeth.
(b) Their hair.
(c) Their feet.
(d) Their laughter.
4. At the end of this vignette she uses a metaphor to compare herself to a what?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) A rushing river.
(c) A red balloon.
(d) An anchor.
5. What does Kiki have hair like?
Short Answer Questions
1. From where have the two girls just moved?
2. Esperanza believes that boys and girls live in separate what?
3. Someday she says she’ll tell all of her secrets to whom?
4. What do they spend the afternoon doing?
5. What does Esperanza’s name mean in English?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)