|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: "Laughter".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is too young to be her friend?
(a) Kiki, her brother.
(b) Titus, the neighbor boy.
(c) Nenny, her younger sister.
(d) Lucy, the neighbor girl.
2. Why do they want five dollars from Esperanza?
(a) To buy a bike.
(b) To buy candy.
(c) To buy food for dinner.
(d) To prove her loyalty.
3. Whom does she describe as best friends?
(a) Lucy and Rachel.
(b) Nenny and Kiki.
(c) Kiki and Carlos.
(d) Carlos and Titus.
4. What is Esperanza comparing in her family?
(a) Their laughter.
(b) Their feet.
(c) Their teeth.
(d) Their hair.
5. What is the “little one’s” name?
Short Answer Questions
1. A house. What does Esperanza see that reminds her of Mexico?
2. Who is Esperanza named after?
3. What do they spend the afternoon doing?
4. How do Nenny and Esperanza resemble each other?
5. At the end of this vignette she uses a metaphor to compare herself to a what?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)