|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13: "There Was an Old Woman...".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Angel Vargas?
(a) He is playing on the roof and pretends to fly, only to fall to his death.
(b) He gets head lice and is sent home from school.
(c) He is hit and killed by a car.
(d) He breaks his arms from jumping out of a tree.
2. What did Carlos sell to Gil?
(a) His old box of toys.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A box of magazines.
(d) An old chair.
3. At the end of this vignette she uses a metaphor to compare herself to a what?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) A red balloon.
(c) A rushing river.
(d) An anchor.
4. Someday she says she’ll tell all of her secrets to whom?
(a) Her sister, Nenny.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Her Aunt Lupe.
(d) Her mother.
5. What does Esperanza once buy for a dime?
(a) A statue of liberty figurine.
(b) A porcelain mug.
(c) A book.
(d) A baby doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Louie’s cousin take them on their ride in the Cadillac?
2. With whom is Louie friends with?
3. Why will Cathy only be Esperanza’s friend until next Tuesday?
4. Who has too many kids?
5. What did Esperanza’s family buy from Gil’s Furniture?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)