|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33: "Minerva Writes Poems".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has died at the beginning of this vignette?
(a) Esperanza’s abuelito.
(b) Esperanza’s Papa.
(c) Esperanza’s younger sister.
(d) Esperanza’s Aunt Lupe.
2. Why are Louie’s parents sending Marin back to P.R. next year?
(a) They say she is too much trouble.
(b) She is too expensive to feed and house.
(c) She's pregnant.
(d) She refuses to babysit.
3. What does she plan on doing as soon as she gets back to P.R.?
(a) Have more children.
(b) Teach elementary school.
(c) Marry her boyfriend.
(d) Attend university.
4. Where does Marin’s boyfriend live?
(d) Puerto Rico.
5. What does Minerva do after her children have gone to sleep?
(a) Fight with her husband.
(b) Write poems.
(c) Drink wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Minerva black and blue?
2. What does Marin do for work to earn money?
3. What is the age difference between Minerva and Esperanza?
4. Esperanza is overcome with grief at the end of this vignette, why is this?
5. Whose father was it?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)