Chapter 1: "The House on Mango Street"
1. Who is the author of The House on Mango Street?
(a) Randy Johannson.
(b) Sandra Cisneros.
(c) Harper Lee.
(d) Usula K. LeGuin.
2. When was The House on Mango Street published?
3. What is The House on Mango Street a collection of?
(a) Short stories.
4. How many people are in Esperanza’s immediate family?
5. How many siblings does Esperanza have?
6. What is the main topic of the first vignette?
7. How does Esperanza feel about the house on Mango Street?
(a) Dissatisfied. It is better than the rest, but only temporary.
(b) Angry, they were evicted from their last house.
(c) Satisfied. They are so happy to be in a home of their own.
(d) Ashamed of the level of poverty that they live in.
8. How does it make Esperanza feel when the nun asked, “You live there?”
(a) Like “nothing.”
(c) Like she was “lucky.”
This section contains 4,136 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)