|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pie suspect picked out her party outfit?
2. What is Claire's oldest son's name?
3. How many children to Walter and Colquitt have?
4. What month is Pie's housewarming held in?
5. What is Pie looking forward to doing again after the baby's birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Walter say their yard looks like Disney World on the morning of Pie's party?
2. Why does Colquitt say she and Walter aren't the type of people who would normally appear in People magazine?
3. When Colquitt calls Anita to invite her for a dinner party, what reason does Anita give for taking so long to answer the phone, and what does Colquitt think is the real reason?
4. Why do the Kennedys have Animal Control officers come out and check their neighborhood?
5. What happens to upset Anita while Buck is out of town and Virginia and Colquitt are tasked with watching after her?
6. What is unusual about Lucas' relationship with the Harralsons?
7. Why do Colquitt's neighbors begin to jab at her and Walter about her relationship with Kim?
8. What is unusual about the behavior of Razz and Foster when the Harralson house begins going up?
9. Why are Walter and Colquitt uncomfortable with the way Pie talks about Buddy's co-workers at the firm?
10. How does Pie react to her parents' arrival at the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Harralsons and the Sheehans. What is important to each couple? How is each couple affected by the house? What are their similarities and differences?
Essay Topic 2
How does Kim's opinion of the house change throughout the novel? What is his initial opinion as the house is being built? What does he think of the house while the Sheehans live there? What does he think at the end of the book? What causes the fluctuation in his opinion?
Essay Topic 3
Why do Walter and Colquitt choose not to share the incident involving Kim and Colquitt's kiss with anyone? What consequence does this decision have? Does it make their case for the existence of evil in the house weaker? If so, how?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)