|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Charlie's dad build the cottage on the island?
2. How did the Sheehan's son die?
3. What does Colquitt hold a degree in?
4. What does Colquitt offer to do to calm Pie's nerves before the housewarming party?
5. What is the name of the family for whom Kim is attempting to design a house while the Harralson house is being built?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Colquitt think they will be punished if they end up burning the haunted house down?
2. After attending Eloise Jennings' Christmas party, what does Claire speculate has irritated Eloise?
3. Why do the Sheehans move to the Kennedys' neighborhood?
4. What does Kim suspect about the embrace Buddy and Lucas are caught in?
5. What is unusual about the behavior of Razz and Foster when the Harralson house begins going up?
6. What is unusual about Pie's behavior in the hospital following her miscarriage?
7. When Colquitt calls Anita to invite her for a dinner party, what reason does Anita give for taking so long to answer the phone, and what does Colquitt think is the real reason?
8. Why doesn't Pie plan to show her father the house plans before the house is built?
9. How does Pie react to her parents' arrival at the party?
10. What is unusual about Lucas' relationship with the Harralsons?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the relationship between Colquitt and Kim like? How does Colquitt view the relationship? How do others see it? How does the relationship change over the course of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
How does the house play on the weaknesses of its victims? What is Pie's weakness? What is Anita's weakness? Does the house play on a weakness Colquitt has? If so, what is the weakness and how is Colquitt affected?
Essay Topic 3
How does the Kennedys' plan cause them to fall victim to the house? What is taken away from them as they carry out their plan? How is their fate similar to the fates of the others who were harmed by the house?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)