|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Colquitt when Eloise Jennings tell her that the Greens are trying to treat Melissa's illness at home?
(a) The Parsons' party.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) A ballet guild meeting.
(d) On the sidewalk in front of Colquitt's house.
2. What does Colquitt say was the most important thing to Kim?
(a) The house.
(b) His friends.
(c) His wife.
(d) His talent.
3. What doesn't Norman want to allow Melissa to do when the Greenes first visit the Kennedys?
(a) Use the bathroom.
(b) Play outside.
(c) Pet the cats.
(d) Have a snack.
4. Where does Colquitt tell Claire she and Walter are going on the day of the Greenes' second party?
(d) New York.
5. Who does Anita initially think the strange phone calls are from?
(a) A bill collector.
(c) Buck's lover.
(d) Her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Colquitt trying to find when Kim kisses her?
2. What household task does Marguerite take on as soon as she arrives at the Sheehans?
3. Who asks for exclusive rights to the story of the house?
4. How old is Melissa?
5. In Chapter 17, who does Colquitt tell Walter was the first to notice the evil in the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Colquitt to decide never to return to the ballet guild meetings?
2. Why does Claire think Colquitt's explanation that she thought the Sheehans may have just gone out is implausible when Colquitt tries to tell Claire she knows nothing about why the couple left?
3. Why does Norman throw his clothes out of the closet and on to the floor?
4. Why does Walter tell Lipschutz to "shove it" when the Kennedys approach him about the house?
5. What causes Claire to finally believe the house is haunted?
6. What does Colquitt mean when she says to Walter that maybe Buck hadn't cracked because it wasn't "his turn" yet?
7. Why does Colquitt go to the Sheehans' house on the day she witnesses Buck and Virginia making love?
8. What is strange about the phone calls Virginia tells Colquitt that Anita is receiving and who does she initially think they are from?
9. Why does Anita tell Colquitt she believes Toby is alive and coming home?
10. What does Colquitt say she likes about working from home?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)