|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kim say walked off the job at the Douglas house?
(a) The electricians.
(b) The bricklayers.
(c) His boss.
(d) The carpenters.
2. What station does Lipschutz work for?
3. Who sends the Kennedys an ornate gold invitation?
(a) The Greenes.
(b) The Harralsons.
(c) The Sheehans.
(d) The Guthries.
4. What kind of medication does Claire tell Colquitt the Greenes have Melissa on?
(a) Heavy antibiotics.
(b) Pain killers.
(d) A steroid.
5. What kind of music does Colquitt listen to while she works in her home office?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Greenes' bedroom curtains fall?
2. What relation is Marguerite to Anita?
3. In Chapter 17, who does Colquitt tell Walter was the first to notice the evil in the house?
4. What does Claire carry up the stairs behind Susan as she carries an ill Melissa during the party?
5. Where is Colquitt when Eloise Jennings tell her that the Greens are trying to treat Melissa's illness at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anita tell Colquitt she believes Toby is alive and coming home?
2. What reason does Chick give the Kennedys for being unable to print the story of the house?
3. How does Norman react to Walter telling him that the house may be haunted?
4. Why does Colquitt go to the Sheehans' house on the day she witnesses Buck and Virginia making love?
5. Why is Colquitt amused by the brie that Eloise is carrying when she and Walter run into Eloise in the grocery store?
6. What reason does Claire discover for Susan putting up with Norman for so long?
7. In Chapter 17, what does Walter tell Colquitt is wrong with her idea that the house is evil and goes after those who live in it?
8. What causes Claire to finally believe the house is haunted?
9. What happens to Norman when the electricity suddenly flashes back on for a moment and then turns off again?
10. Why do Colquitt and Walter decide to go to Ocho Rios for Christmas?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)