|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The morning after the Kennedys' dinner party for the Sheehans, what does Walter read as he sits by the pool?
(a) Sports Illustrated.
(b) The Wallstreet Journal.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) A Stephen King novel.
2. Who does Colquitt first compare Kim to?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) Vincent Van Gogh.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Tom Hanks.
3. Who paid the down payment on the Kennedy's house?
(a) Colquitt's parents.
(b) Colquitt's grandfather.
(c) Colquitt and Walter.
(d) Walter's parents.
4. What does Anita tell Colquitt she is planning when Colquitt and Walter return from the cabin in Chapter 12?
(a) A wake for her son.
(b) To find a job.
(c) A surprise birthday party for Buck.
(d) A housewarming party.
5. What movie does the story of Buck and Anita's past remind Claire of?
(a) The End of the Affair.
(b) Message in a Bottle.
(d) The Prince of Tides.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pie looking forward to doing again after the baby's birth?
2. What song do the Kennedys hear playing as they walk away from the house after greeting the Sheehans for the first time?
3. Who informs Colquitt that someone has bought the lot next to her house?
4. Who finds the dead puppy?
5. What position does Walter hold in the advertising agency where he works?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pie react to her parents' arrival at the party?
2. Why did Colquitt contact People magazine?
3. Why are Walter and Colquitt uncomfortable with the way Pie talks about Buddy's co-workers at the firm?
4. Why doesn't Pie plan to show her father the house plans before the house is built?
5. Why does Colquitt tie a knot in the bed sheets?
6. How is Kim's design of the Douglas house going in comparison to the work on the Harralson house?
7. What is unusual about the behavior of Razz and Foster when the Harralson house begins going up?
8. What is unusual about Pie's behavior in the hospital following her miscarriage?
9. How does Colquitt react to Claire's blaming the house for Anita's upset at seeing Duck and the Harralsons' tragedy?
10. In Chapter 9, why does Colquitt describe a feeling of being completely alone after meeting the Sheehans?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)