|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter call Pie as a reference to her unusual relationship with her father?
2. What peculiar question does Buck ask the Kennedys on the day they meet?
(a) Where can I find a good caterer?
(b) Have you folks got any children?
(c) Do you have a dog?
(d) Did anything strange happen in this house?
3. What magazine will Colquitt and Walter be featured in?
(c) Better Homes and Gardens.
(d) US Weekly.
4. What day of the week is it when Virginia comes to Colquitt's house to tell her that Anita was upset by a movie on television?
5. What place does Walter say their yard looks like on the morning of Pie's housewarming party?
(a) Disney World.
(d) Salem's Lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Pie's father's eyes?
2. What was the name of Anita and Buck's son?
3. What kind of animal does Walter compare Anita to when he first sees her?
4. What is Claire's oldest son's name?
5. How many children does Claire have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Colquitt surprised to hear that a house is being built on the McIntyre lot?
2. In Chapter 9, why does Colquitt describe a feeling of being completely alone after meeting the Sheehans?
3. Why does Colquitt say she and Walter aren't the type of people who would normally appear in People magazine?
4. Why is Kim upset while he's at the Harralson's party?
5. After attending Eloise Jennings' Christmas party, what does Claire speculate has irritated Eloise?
6. When Colquitt calls Anita to invite her for a dinner party, what reason does Anita give for taking so long to answer the phone, and what does Colquitt think is the real reason?
7. How does Pie react to her parents' arrival at the party?
8. What is unusual about Pie's behavior in the hospital following her miscarriage?
9. Why does Claire tell Colquitt to hang curtains before the Harralson house is built?
10. Why are Walter and Colquitt uncomfortable with the way Pie talks about Buddy's co-workers at the firm?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)