|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition do doctors discover Melissa has after the Twelfth Night party?
(c) Regional ileitis.
(d) Kidney disease.
2. Where are Buck and Virginia when Colquitt sees them making love?
(a) On the sofa.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On the patio.
(d) In the downstairs bedroom.
3. Who brings the Greenes to meet the Kennedys?
4. Who babysits Melissa?
5. In what month does an ice storm cause the electricity in the neighborhood to be out for two days?
6. What kind of medication does Claire tell Colquitt the Greenes have Melissa on?
(b) A steroid.
(c) Pain killers.
(d) Heavy antibiotics.
7. In Chapter 13, what does Colquitt suggest to Claire might have been on the property of the house next door at one time that is now stirring up trouble?
(a) Voodoo rituals.
(b) An old school house.
(c) An Indian graveyard.
(d) A murder.
8. What does Claire carry up the stairs behind Susan as she carries an ill Melissa during the party?
(a) The telephone.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A bucket.
(d) A candelabrum.
9. Where is Colquitt when Eloise Jennings tell her that the Greens are trying to treat Melissa's illness at home?
(a) On the sidewalk in front of Colquitt's house.
(b) A ballet guild meeting.
(c) The Parsons' party.
(d) The grocery store.
10. What nickname does Marguerite call Anita?
11. Where does Anita leave the spare key to her house so that Colquitt can get in while she's away?
(a) In the mailbox.
(b) Under the doormat.
(c) Under a garden gnome.
(d) Under a flower pot.
12. Through whose house does a tree limb crash during the ice storm?
(a) The Kennedys' house.
(b) The Jennings' house.
(c) The Guthries' house.
(d) The Greenes' house.
13. Who does Anita initially think the strange phone calls are from?
(b) A bill collector.
(c) Buck's lover.
(d) Her cousin.
14. What is the name of Duck's girlfriend?
15. Who does Colquitt witness Norman yelling at by the garbage cans in the Greenes' back yard?
(a) An electrician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire call Colquitt as she orders her to leave her home?
2. What is Norman's profession?
3. Who tells Walter the story of the house isn't in the public's best interest?
4. What month does the final event concerning the Sheehans occur?
5. Where is Melissa's body found?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)