|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Walter carrying when he sees Kim and Colquitt kissing?
(b) Frying pan.
(d) Watering can.
2. What does Claire call Colquitt as she orders her to leave her home?
(a) A walking dead woman.
(b) A fool.
(c) A horrendous woman.
(d) A smelly old cow.
3. What does Claire find out Buck is doing again when she returns home from the island?
(a) Working for his old company.
(b) Throwing dinner parties.
4. Who tells Norman to stop screaming at Susan about the problems with the electricity and Melissa's illness?
5. How old is Melissa?
(a) About eleven.
(b) About fifteen.
(c) About eight.
(d) About four.
6. What is Walter looking for in the deli section of the grocery store when the Kennedys run into Eloise Jennings?
(a) Honey ham.
(b) Almond-stuffed olives.
7. What nickname does Marguerite call Anita?
8. Who does Kim say walked off the job at the Douglas house?
(a) His boss.
(b) The bricklayers.
(c) The electricians.
(d) The carpenters.
9. What kind of car does Norman drive?
10. In Chapter 24, what does Walter say will need to be dug up?
(a) A copy of his will.
(b) The blueprint of the house.
(c) Kim's body.
(d) The zinnia beds.
11. What is the name of the doctor who is treating Anita?
(a) Carl Hunnicutt.
(b) William Alden.
(c) Jack Johnson.
(d) Jonathan Colbert.
12. What does Colquitt tell Walter he can tell people if he doesn't want to be involved in warning people about the house?
(a) He thinks Colquitt is crazy.
(b) Colquitt has been ill.
(c) Colquitt has a bee in her bonnet.
(d) He's leaving Colquitt.
13. What is Colquitt trying to find when Kim kisses her?
(a) Watering can.
(c) Key to the Sheehans' house.
(d) Light rheostat.
14. Who does Claire call when she returns from the island to find the Sheehans gone?
15. What condition do doctors discover Melissa has after the Twelfth Night party?
(a) Regional ileitis.
(b) Kidney disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Colquitt tell Claire she and Walter plan to go to first to publicize the haunting of the house?
2. Who does Colquitt receive a card from at the end of chapter 21?
3. What observation about Kim's physical condition does Colquitt make when he comes to visit her while the Sheehans are at the cottage?
4. What is Norman's profession?
5. Who says the tiff between Claire and Colquitt is ruining everyone else's social life?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)