|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of dinners did the Kennedys eat while away on vacation for Christmas?
2. Who babysits Melissa?
3. Who does Colquitt witness Norman yelling at by the garbage cans in the Greenes' back yard?
(d) An electrician.
4. Who answers Virginia's phone and tells Claire Virginia is out in Chapter 17?
(a) The maid.
(d) The answering machine.
5. What is Colquitt doing when Anita comes to Colquitt's patio to tell her Toby called?
(a) Eating breakfast.
(b) Measuring her office.
(c) Watching television.
6. What does Claire say the inside of the Greenes' house looks like?
(a) An Italian villa.
(b) A French bordello.
(c) An English cottage.
(d) A Mexican adobe.
7. What month is it when a "For Sale" sign goes up indicating the Sheehans are selling the house?
8. What does Virginia worry that Anita is doing too much of after the Sheehans return from the cottage?
9. What household task does Marguerite take on as soon as she arrives at the Sheehans?
(b) Paying bills.
(c) Mowing the lawn.
10. Who does Chick say would print a retraction of the story the next day if Chick agreed to print it?
(a) Virginia Guthrie.
(b) Norman's brother.
(d) Charlie Satterfield.
11. In Chapter 13, what does Colquitt suggest to Claire might have been on the property of the house next door at one time that is now stirring up trouble?
(a) An Indian graveyard.
(b) An old school house.
(c) A murder.
(d) Voodoo rituals.
12. What is Walter carrying when he sees Kim and Colquitt kissing?
(b) Frying pan.
(c) Watering can.
13. How did the Greenes' bedroom curtains fall?
(a) Norman loosened the screws on the rods.
(b) Melissa was pulling on them.
(c) Claire knocked them down.
(d) Susan tried to take them down for washing.
14. Who asks for exclusive rights to the story of the house?
(a) Chick Herren.
(b) Ernest Lipschutz.
(c) Howard Ogletree.
(d) Clark Massengale.
15. What does Colquitt say dwarfs the rooms in Claire's new home?
(a) Claire's antiques.
(b) The size of Claire's overstuffed chairs.
(c) Claire's anger toward Colquitt.
(d) Claire's sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anita initially think the strange phone calls are from?
2. Where does Colquitt tell Claire she and Walter are going on the day of the Greenes' second party?
3. Who tells Norman to stop screaming at Susan about the problems with the electricity and Melissa's illness?
4. What does Claire call Colquitt as she orders her to leave her home?
5. What are Libby's parents' names?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)