|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Marguerite call Anita?
2. What does Claire carry up the stairs behind Susan as she carries an ill Melissa during the party?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) The telephone.
(c) A bucket.
(d) A candelabrum.
3. What style of dinners did the Kennedys eat while away on vacation for Christmas?
4. Who does Chick say would print a retraction of the story the next day if Chick agreed to print it?
(a) Virginia Guthrie.
(b) Norman's brother.
(d) Charlie Satterfield.
5. What condition do doctors discover Melissa has after the Twelfth Night party?
(b) Regional ileitis.
(d) Kidney disease.
6. What does Virginia worry that Anita is doing too much of after the Sheehans return from the cottage?
7. Who brings the Greenes to meet the Kennedys?
8. What is Buck's given name?
9. What does Claire find out Buck is doing again when she returns home from the island?
(a) Throwing dinner parties.
(c) Working for his old company.
10. What decision do Claire and her husband make after Duck's announcement?
(a) They are going to buy the haunted house.
(b) They are going to move.
(c) They are never going to speak to the Kennedys again.
(d) They are going to disown Duck.
11. What school is Melissa scheduled to attend?
(c) Little Sunshine Academy.
12. In Chapter 24, what does Walter say will need to be dug up?
(a) The blueprint of the house.
(b) Kim's body.
(c) The zinnia beds.
(d) A copy of his will.
13. What condition is Colquitt afflicted by around Thanksgiving time in Chapter 18?
(b) A stomach flu.
(d) A cold.
14. Where do the Guthries go after Anita is hospitalized for the last time?
(a) To the cottage.
(b) On a cruise around the world.
(c) To Hawaii.
15. Who does Colquitt tell Claire she found out that Anita has returned to the hospital from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colquitt say was the most important thing to Kim?
2. In Chapter 20, who do the Kennedys spend New Year's Eve with?
3. Where does Colquitt tell Claire she and Walter are going on the day of the Greenes' second party?
4. In Chapter 17, who does Colquitt tell Walter was the first to notice the evil in the house?
5. What month does the final event concerning the Sheehans occur?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)