Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anchises's initial reaction when he learns Aphrodite's true identity?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is terrified.
(d) He is confused.
2. Who does the moon apparently have an affair with, creating a daughter in the process?
3. What job did Hephaistos have, according to the hymn?
(a) He is a carpenter.
(b) He is a blacksmith.
(c) He is a painter.
(d) He is a scupltor.
4. As explained in the hymn, how did the witnesses of Athena's birth respond to the event?
(a) With fear.
(b) With sadness.
(c) With laughter.
(d) With silence.
5. Which one of the following is not included by the poet in the list of people that the Muses favor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the hymn, how did the men that Hephaistos represents live?
2. Which one of the following is a term used by the poet to characterize Zeus?
3. Whose origin does The Hymn to the Sun describe?
4. What is unique about The Hymn to the Sun?
5. According to the hymn, how does Demeter try to make a child immortal?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)