|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Aphrodite, what will the child she has with Anchises grow to become?
(a) A great writer.
(b) A great poet.
(c) A great philosopher.
(d) A great warrior.
2. How many hymns are there to Athena?
3. How does Aphrodite think that Aeneas will be treated by the gods?
(d) He will be ignored.
4. In The Hymn to the Moon, what analogy is made to the moon?
(a) A piece of cheese.
(b) A shooting star.
(c) A bright wedge.
(d) A chariot.
5. How is Demeter's wandering described as she searches for her daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Demeter abandons the attempt to make the child immortal, what kind of existence does she have?
2. How is Hephaistos described in The Hymn to Hephaistos?
3. How many mythic stories are combined in The Hymn to Demeter?
4. Which disguise does Demeter use in the hymn?
5. According to the poet of the hymns, who is responsible for Aphrodite's desire for mortal men?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)