|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anchises's initial reaction when he learns Aphrodite's true identity?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is terrified.
2. According to the poet, what type of sign is the monthly occurrence of a full moon?
(a) A confirmation.
(b) A sign for help.
(c) An assurance.
(d) A troubling sign.
3. As described by the poet, what kind of wings do Castor and Pollux use to shoot across the sky?
4. In the hymn, how does the child's mother react to Demeter's attempt to make the child immortal?
(a) With anger.
(b) With laughter.
(c) With fear.
(d) With gratitude.
5. What is Hades's nickname?
(a) Ruler of the Unliving.
(b) Ruler of the Dead.
(c) Lord of the Dead.
(d) Lord of the Unliving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose knowledge is related to the Muses, according to the poet in The Hymn to the Muses?
2. What type of arts is Athena known for?
3. When is Anchises bewitched by Aphrodite's beauty?
4. As explained in the hymn, how did the witnesses of Athena's birth respond to the event?
5. What characteristic does the hymn point out about Hephaistos?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)