|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Hymn to Aphrodite, what job does Anchises have?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is a cowherd.
(c) He is a sheepherder.
(d) He is a poet.
2. Who reportedly witnessed the birth of Athena?
(a) Gods and men.
(b) Men and animals, but not gods.
(c) Gods, men, and animals.
(d) Gods and animals, but not men.
3. What does Anchises pray for after meeting Aphrodite?
(a) That she will leave him alone.
(b) That she is telling the truth.
(c) That she will give him powers.
(d) That she will introduce him to Zeus.
4. As explained in The Hymn to the Muses, which of the following's work are related to the Muses?
5. Which one of the following is a term used by the poet to characterize Zeus?
(a) The original.
(b) The greatest.
(c) The incomparable.
(d) The best.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does The Hymn to Zeus mainly focus on?
2. How is Demeter's wandering described as she searches for her daughter?
3. Based on the hymn, how many goddesses are there that Aphrodite cannot influence?
4. What does Anchises do after his affair with Aphrodite?
5. In the story, how does Aphrodite disguise herself in order to get close to Anchises?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)