|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the hymn, how many goddesses are there that Aphrodite cannot influence?
2. What metaphor is made to the sun's journey in The Hymn to the Sun?
(a) A golden chariot.
(b) A speeding star.
(c) A blazing fire.
(d) A ball of energy.
3. Who does Zeus send to free Demeter's daughter?
4. Which one of the following is Athena known for?
5. How does Aphrodite think that Aeneas will be treated by the gods?
(d) He will be ignored.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last command that Aphrodite has for Anchises?
2. Based on the hymn, how did the men that Hephaistos represents live?
3. Where did the men live that Hephaistos represents in the hymn?
4. Who is Demeter's daughter?
5. In The Hymn to Aphrodite, what job does Anchises have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Aphrodite known for, and which three goddesses cannot be influenced by her?
2. How many hymns are written about Hestia and what is she praised for?
3. Who assists the poet in the beginning of The Hymn to the Moon, and what is the moon's name?
4. How are Persephone and Demeter reunited and what are the conditions of Persephone's return?
5. Who are the Muses and what influence do they have?
6. What does the poet pray for at the end of The Hymn to Poseidon?
7. In what way does Hestia's power or presence compare to that of the other gods and goddesses?
8. What happens to Demeter's daughter and how does Demeter initially respond?
9. How does Demeter reward the kindness of Celeus and Metanira and what is the result?
10. What is the explanation of the seasons according to the myths?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)