|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose knowledge is related to the Muses, according to the poet in The Hymn to the Muses?
2. Based on the hymn, how many goddesses are there that Aphrodite cannot influence?
3. As explained in The Hymn to the Muses, which of the following's work are related to the Muses?
4. In the story, how does Aphrodite disguise herself in order to get close to Anchises?
(a) As another goddess.
(b) As a mortal girl.
(c) As a girl that Anchises knows.
(d) As a girl that Anchises once knew.
5. How many hymns are there to Athena?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anchises do after his affair with Aphrodite?
2. Where did the men live that Hephaistos represents in the hymn?
3. According to the myth, where was Athena born?
4. Which fruit's seeds does Demeter's daughter eat before returning?
5. What job did Hephaistos have, according to the hymn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Hephaistos and what is he known for?
2. What happens when Aphrodite meets Anchises?
3. What is Aphrodite known for, and which three goddesses cannot be influenced by her?
4. What does the Dioscuri refer to in the two hymns to Dioscuri?
5. Who are the Muses and what influence do they have?
6. What metaphor is used to describe the moon in The Hymn to the Moon?
7. How does Demeter reward the kindness of Celeus and Metanira and what is the result?
8. Who assists the poet in the beginning of The Hymn to the Moon, and what is the moon's name?
9. What does the poet pray for at the end of The Hymn to Poseidon?
10. What are the main characteristics of Athena?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)