|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does The Hymn to Zeus mainly focus on?
(a) Only his power.
(b) His wisdom and power.
(c) Only his wisdom.
(d) Neither his wisdom nor his power.
2. After Demeter abandons the attempt to make the child immortal, what kind of existence does she have?
3. Which one of Athena's attributes is the subject of the final Hymn to Athena?
4. Which one of the following is a term used by the poet to characterize Zeus?
(a) The original.
(b) The incomparable.
(c) The greatest.
(d) The best.
5. As stated in The Hymn to Aphrodite, what is Athena known for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Demeter's daughter taken when she is kidnapped?
2. How is Zeus described by the poet in The Hymn to Zeus?
3. How is Demeter's wandering described as she searches for her daughter?
4. How is Hades first described in The Hymn to Demeter?
5. As explained in The Second Hymn to Aphrodite, how was Aphrodite born?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)