Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
2. What does the poet pray for at the end of The Hymn to Herakles?
(a) Excellence and wealth.
(b) Excellence and fortune.
(c) Excellence, fortune, and wealth.
(d) Fortune and wealth.
3. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
(a) Neither powerful nor remorseless.
(b) Powerful, but not remorseless.
(c) Powerful and remorseless.
(d) Remorseless, but not powerful.
4. Which one of the following is not included in the description of Hermes provided in The Second Hymn to Hermes?
(a) Dispenser of favors.
(d) Giver of good things.
5. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) The argument between Dionysus and the captain.
(b) The argument between Dionysus and the helmsman.
(c) The argument between Dionysus, the helmsman, and the captain.
(d) The argument between the helmsman and the captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
2. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
3. What type of voice does the author ask Ares to help him restore?
4. What is the voice that the author refers to in The Hymn to Ares provoking him to do?
5. Who is the father of Hermes, according to the first Hymn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Aphrodite attracted to and what is her plan?
2. What happens to Demeter's daughter and how does Demeter initially respond?
3. Where is Dionysus captured in The Hymn to Dionysus?
4. How are Persephone and Demeter reunited and what are the conditions of Persephone's return?
5. What is the difficulty that Leto has in giving birth to Apollo?
6. What powers are described in The Hymn to Poseidon?
7. What are the varying lengths of the hymns?
8. What are the circumstances surrounding Pan's birth and how is he described in The Hymn to Pan?
9. How is Artemis's beauty portrayed in The Second Hymn to Artemis.
10. How is The Hymn to Zeus written and how is Zeus defined in it?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)