|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another word that depicts the form of art that Athena is associated with?
2. Who is Demeter's daughter?
3. What is Anchises's initial reaction when he learns Aphrodite's true identity?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is terrified.
(d) He is confused.
4. As explained in The Hymn to the Muses, which of the following's work are related to the Muses?
5. What does the poem in The Third Hymn to Aphrodite describe?
(a) Aphrodite's intelligence.
(b) Aphrodite's seductive power.
(c) Aphrodite's influences.
(d) Aphrodite's friends.
6. How is Zeus described by the poet in The Hymn to Zeus?
(a) The strongest of all.
(b) The most popular of all.
(c) The most remembered of all.
(d) The most famous of all.
7. Based on the hymn, how many goddesses are there that Aphrodite cannot influence?
8. What does The Hymn to Zeus mainly focus on?
(a) His wisdom and power.
(b) Only his power.
(c) Only his wisdom.
(d) Neither his wisdom nor his power.
9. What does Anchises do after his affair with Aphrodite?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He sings a song.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He says a prayer.
10. Which disguise does Demeter use in the hymn?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A bright light.
(c) A star.
(d) A bird.
11. Based on the information provided in The Hymns to the Dioscuri, who do Castor and Pollux protect?
12. Based on the hymn, how did the men that Hephaistos represents live?
(b) Like animals.
(c) Like servants.
(d) In poverty.
13. In The Hymn to Aphrodite, what job does Anchises have?
(a) He is a poet.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He is a cowherd.
(d) He is a sheepherder.
14. Who does the moon apparently have an affair with, creating a daughter in the process?
15. What is the general tone of The Hymn to Zeus?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the myth, where was Athena born?
2. In the poet's prayer at the conclusion of The Hymn to the Sun, what does he hope that his life will satisfy?
3. What is unique about The Hymn to the Sun?
4. What job did Hephaistos have, according to the hymn?
5. Who is Athena's father?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)