Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anchises's initial reaction when he learns Aphrodite's true identity?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is terrified.
(d) He is confused.
2. Who does the moon apparently have an affair with, creating a daughter in the process?
3. What job did Hephaistos have, according to the hymn?
(a) He is a carpenter.
(b) He is a blacksmith.
(c) He is a painter.
(d) He is a scupltor.
4. As explained in the hymn, how did the witnesses of Athena's birth respond to the event?
(a) With fear.
(b) With sadness.
(c) With laughter.
(d) With silence.
5. Which one of the following is not included by the poet in the list of people that the Muses favor?
6. Based on the hymn, how did the men that Hephaistos represents live?
(a) Like servants.
(b) Like animals.
(c) In poverty.
7. Which one of the following is a term used by the poet to characterize Zeus?
(a) The best.
(b) The incomparable.
(c) The original.
(d) The greatest.
8. Whose origin does The Hymn to the Sun describe?
9. What is unique about The Hymn to the Sun?
(a) It is the last hymn that Homer is believed to have written.
(b) It does not mention the name of the god it refers to.
(c) It does not mention the sun at all.
(d) It is half the length of the longest hymn.
10. According to the hymn, how does Demeter try to make a child immortal?
(a) By resting him on a cloud.
(b) By holding him over a fire.
(c) By rubbing his feet.
(d) By dipping his feet in water.
11. Whose knowledge is related to the Muses, according to the poet in The Hymn to the Muses?
12. Which manifestations of the sun are discussed in The Hymn to the Sun?
(a) Heat and power.
(b) Light and power.
(c) Heat, light, and power.
(d) Light and heat.
13. How is Hephaistos described in The Hymn to Hephaistos?
(a) Deformed, but not ugly.
(b) Ugly, but not deformed.
(c) Neither ugly nor deformed.
(d) Ugly and deformed.
14. What metaphor is made to the sun's journey in The Hymn to the Sun?
(a) A speeding star.
(b) A ball of energy.
(c) A blazing fire.
(d) A golden chariot.
15. Who reportedly witnessed the birth of Athena?
(a) Gods and animals, but not men.
(b) Men and animals, but not gods.
(c) Gods and men.
(d) Gods, men, and animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does The Hymn to Zeus mainly focus on?
2. Which disguise does Demeter use in the hymn?
3. What name does the poet give to the moon?
4. In The Hymn to Aphrodite, what job does Anchises have?
5. What is Hades's nickname?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)