1. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
2. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
3. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
4. What meter are the hymns composed in?
5. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
6. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
7. What is the length of the longest hymn?
Five hundred and eighty lines.
8. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
A longer poem.
This section contains 4,064 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)