|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following was Poseidon also known for?
2. At the conclusion of the first hymn, how is Hermes described?
(a) As a cheater and a helper.
(b) As neither a helper nor a cheater.
(c) As a cheater, but not a helper.
(d) As a helper, but not a cheater.
3. According to the hymn, what does Hephaistos do for the men he represents?
(a) He has no effect on them.
(b) He makes their work widely accepted, but not easier.
(c) He makes their work easier and more widely accepted.
(d) He makes their work easier, but still not widely accepted.
4. What is the last command that Aphrodite has for Anchises?
(a) To find a woman to marry.
(b) To tell everyone about her visit.
(c) To remain silent about her visit.
(d) To begin preparing to raise their son.
5. According to the myth, where was Athena born?
(a) From her father's forehead.
(b) From her mother's forehead.
(c) From her mother's chin.
(d) From her father's chin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the poet describe the laws of peace that he wishes to linger in at the end of The Hymn to Ares?
2. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
3. As explained in the hymn, how did the witnesses of Athena's birth respond to the event?
4. Whose knowledge is related to the Muses, according to the poet in The Hymn to the Muses?
5. In The Hymn to Aphrodite, what job does Anchises have?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)