|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the syallabic script used by the Greeks in the late Bronze Age?
(a) Linear B.
(b) Linear C.
(c) Linear D.
(d) Linear A.
2. How many hymns are there to Athena?
3. What does the poet ask Ares for?
4. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
5. How is Zeus described by the poet in The Hymn to Zeus?
(a) The strongest of all.
(b) The most remembered of all.
(c) The most popular of all.
(d) The most famous of all.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
2. What does the poet pray for at the end of The Hymn to Herakles?
3. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
4. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
5. Which one of the following is not included in the description of Hermes provided in The Second Hymn to Hermes?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)