|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
(a) Two paragraphs.
(b) Two lines.
(c) Three lines.
(d) Three paragraphs.
2. What characteristic does the hymn point out about Hephaistos?
(a) His cautiousness.
(b) His persistence.
(c) His cleverness.
(d) His persuasiveness.
3. When is Anchises bewitched by Aphrodite's beauty?
(a) Two days after they meet.
(b) Three days after they meet.
(d) One week after they meet.
4. As explained in The Second Hymn to Aphrodite, how was Aphrodite born?
(a) From the rays of the sun.
(b) From the flames of a fire.
(c) From the foam of the sea.
(d) From the center of a flower.
5. Whose house does the poet mention at the end of The Second Hymn to Hestia because it is blessed by Hestia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the information provided in their hymn, what do the Muses influence?
2. What type of armor does Ares have, according to the poet?
3. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
4. Who does Zeus send to free Demeter's daughter?
5. What does the poet ask to be blessed with at the conclusion of the final Hymn to Athena?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)