|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the length of the longest hymn?
(a) Two hundred and eighty lines.
(b) Twenty eight lines.
(c) Five hundred and eighty lines.
(d) Fifty eight lines.
2. Who is Demeter's daughter?
3. What meter are the hymns composed in?
4. Based on the myth, what does Hermes use the shell of the turtle to make?
(a) A hat.
(b) A bowl.
(c) A lyre.
(d) A shield.
5. As explained in The Second Hymn to Aphrodite, how was Aphrodite born?
(a) From the rays of the sun.
(b) From the flames of a fire.
(c) From the foam of the sea.
(d) From the center of a flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Hephaistos have, according to the hymn?
2. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
3. Along with his feats of strength, which one of the following is also discussed in The Hymn to Herakles?
4. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
5. What type of voice does the author ask Ares to help him restore?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)