|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hermes's mother discover that he has been up to no good?
(a) His rudeness.
(b) His silence.
(c) His odd behavior.
(d) His absence.
2. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
3. As stated in the hymn, which King welcomes Demeter into his home?
4. As explained in The Second Hymn to Aphrodite, how was Aphrodite born?
(a) From the rays of the sun.
(b) From the flames of a fire.
(c) From the foam of the sea.
(d) From the center of a flower.
5. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
(a) Wild, noisy lion.
(b) Girl-crazy goat.
(c) Girl-crazy lion.
(d) Wild, noisy goat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic does the hymn point out about Hephaistos?
2. In the first Hymn to Hermes, who is described as Hermes's mother?
3. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
4. Based on the hymn, how did the men that Hephaistos represents live?
5. What does the poet ask Ares for?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)