|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the judgment that Hermes receives?
(a) He can keep the stolen animals.
(b) He must grant Apollo three wishes.
(c) He must apologize to Apollo.
(d) He must return the stolen animals to Apollo.
2. What suffers as a result of Demeter's quest to find her daughter?
(a) Only the crops of Greece.
(c) Only the crops of Rome and Greece.
(d) The crops of the whole world.
3. How is Herakles described in the hymn?
(a) A great mythic figure.
(b) A great mythic hero.
(c) A great mythic warrior.
(d) A great mythic fighter.
4. Where is Demeter's daughter taken when she is kidnapped?
(a) The underworld.
(c) An island.
(d) A mountain.
5. When does Aphrodite say that Aeneas, the child she has with Anchises, will be able to return to earth?
(a) When he is five years old.
(b) When he is ten years old.
(c) When he is one year old.
(d) When he is eight years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the syallabic script used by the Greeks in the late Bronze Age?
2. Who is believed to be Herakles's father?
3. How is Hades first described in The Hymn to Demeter?
4. Who does the poet praise in The Second Hymn to Demeter?
5. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)