|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As stated in The Hymn to Aphrodite, what is Athena known for?
2. Who is judging Hermes for his crimes?
3. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
(a) Remorseless, but not powerful.
(b) Neither powerful nor remorseless.
(c) Powerful, but not remorseless.
(d) Powerful and remorseless.
4. Whose child does Demeter attempt to make immortal?
5. Which one of the following corresponds to an ancient tradition about Homer?
(a) He did not live in Ancient Rome or Greece.
(b) He spent most of his life alone.
(c) He was blind.
(d) He was the creator of the Greek alphabet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
2. As explained in the hymn, how did the witnesses of Athena's birth respond to the event?
3. When does Aphrodite say that Aeneas, the child she has with Anchises, will be able to return to earth?
4. Who does the poet praise in The Second Hymn to Demeter?
5. Where is Demeter's daughter taken when she is kidnapped?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)