|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose knowledge is related to the Muses, according to the poet in The Hymn to the Muses?
2. Based on the myth, what does Hermes use the shell of the turtle to make?
(a) A lyre.
(b) A shield.
(c) A hat.
(d) A bowl.
3. Who reportedly witnessed the birth of Athena?
(a) Men and animals, but not gods.
(b) Gods and animals, but not men.
(c) Gods, men, and animals.
(d) Gods and men.
4. What does Hermes use to enable him to fly as he disguises his theft?
5. What is the general tone of The Hymn to Zeus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house does the poet mention at the end of The Second Hymn to Hestia because it is blessed by Hestia?
2. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
3. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
4. What characteristic does the hymn point out about Hephaistos?
5. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)