|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hermes use to enable him to fly as he disguises his theft?
2. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
(a) It is less powerful in some ways, and more powerful in other ways.
(b) It is less powerful.
(c) It is equal.
(d) It is more powerful.
3. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
(b) Her voice.
(c) Her feet.
4. How is Demeter's wandering described as she searches for her daughter?
5. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) The argument between Dionysus and the helmsman.
(b) The argument between Dionysus and the captain.
(c) The argument between Dionysus, the helmsman, and the captain.
(d) The argument between the helmsman and the captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Hephaistos have, according to the hymn?
2. How does Hermes's mother discover that he has been up to no good?
3. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
4. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
5. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)