|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does The Hymn to Ares end?
(a) With a prayer.
(b) With a riddle.
(c) With a prediction.
(d) With a song.
2. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
3. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
4. What does The Hymn to Zeus mainly focus on?
(a) Only his wisdom.
(b) His wisdom and power.
(c) Neither his wisdom nor his power.
(d) Only his power.
5. Where did the men live that Hephaistos represents in the hymn?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In caves.
(c) On boats.
(d) In shacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the hymn, how does the child's mother react to Demeter's attempt to make the child immortal?
2. What type of voice does the author ask Ares to help him restore?
3. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
4. When does Aphrodite say that Aeneas, the child she has with Anchises, will be able to return to earth?
5. According to the myth, where was Athena born?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)