|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Athena's attributes is the subject of the final Hymn to Athena?
2. How is Hermes's defense described in the first hymn?
3. Based on the hymn, how many goddesses are there that Aphrodite cannot influence?
4. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
(a) Health and fortune.
(b) Health, fortune, and wealth.
(c) Health and wealth.
(d) Fortune and wealth.
5. What meter are the hymns composed in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the helmsman of the boat recognize?
2. How is Hestia's presence described in the Hymns to Hestia?
3. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
4. What talent of Apollo is described in the first Hymn to Hermes?
5. What is the voice that the author refers to in The Hymn to Ares provoking him to do?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)