|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As stated in The Hymn to Aphrodite, what is Athena known for?
2. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
3. How is Artemis's dancing described in the hymn?
4. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
5. Based on the information provided in their hymn, what do the Muses influence?
(a) Music, history, and poetry, but not dance.
(b) Music, history, dance, and poetry.
(c) Music, and dance, but not poetry or history.
(d) Music, dance, and poetry, but not history.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Hermes reportedly kill a large turtle?
2. How does the poet describe the cowardice he would like to "shake off" in The Hymn to Ares?
3. What does the poem in The Third Hymn to Aphrodite describe?
4. Which one of the following is not included by the poet in the list of people that the Muses favor?
5. What type of voice does the author ask Ares to help him restore?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)