|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is believed to be Herakles's father?
2. According to Aphrodite, what will the child she has with Anchises grow to become?
(a) A great philosopher.
(b) A great writer.
(c) A great warrior.
(d) A great poet.
3. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
4. How many mythic stories are combined in The Hymn to Demeter?
5. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
(a) With a song about Dionysus.
(b) With a note from Homer.
(c) With a description of Dionysus.
(d) With a note from the translator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poet ask Ares for?
2. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
3. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
4. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
5. Who reportedly witnessed the birth of Athena?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)