|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name is Herakles also known as?
2. Who reportedly witnessed the birth of Athena?
(a) Men and animals, but not gods.
(b) Gods and men.
(c) Gods and animals, but not men.
(d) Gods, men, and animals.
3. After Demeter abandons the attempt to make the child immortal, what kind of existence does she have?
4. What does Anchises pray for after meeting Aphrodite?
(a) That she is telling the truth.
(b) That she will leave him alone.
(c) That she will introduce him to Zeus.
(d) That she will give him powers.
5. What is the last command that Aphrodite has for Anchises?
(a) To find a woman to marry.
(b) To tell everyone about her visit.
(c) To begin preparing to raise their son.
(d) To remain silent about her visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
2. According to Aphrodite, what will the child she has with Anchises grow to become?
3. How many seeds does Demeter's daughter eat before returning?
4. What talent of Apollo is described in the first Hymn to Hermes?
5. What prayer does the poet make in The Hymn to Poseidon?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)