|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Zeus send to free Demeter's daughter?
2. When is Anchises bewitched by Aphrodite's beauty?
(b) One week after they meet.
(c) Two days after they meet.
(d) Three days after they meet.
3. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
4. What is Anchises's initial reaction when he learns Aphrodite's true identity?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is terrified.
5. Which one of Athena's attributes is the subject of the final Hymn to Athena?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hymns are there to Athena?
2. What do all of the hymns in this section (The Hymn to Hephaistos, The Hymn to Poseidon, The Hymn to Zeus, and The Hymn to the Muses) have in common?
3. Based on the hymn, how many goddesses are there that Aphrodite cannot influence?
4. Which one of the following is not a well known recurrent theme of Ancient Greek literature?
5. What power does The Hymn to Poseidon discuss?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)