|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hymns are there to Athena?
2. What talent of Apollo is described in the first Hymn to Hermes?
3. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) The argument between Dionysus, the helmsman, and the captain.
(b) The argument between Dionysus and the captain.
(c) The argument between the helmsman and the captain.
(d) The argument between Dionysus and the helmsman.
4. According to the hymn, what does Hephaistos do for the men he represents?
(a) He has no effect on them.
(b) He makes their work easier, but still not widely accepted.
(c) He makes their work widely accepted, but not easier.
(d) He makes their work easier and more widely accepted.
5. Which one of the following was Poseidon also known for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What suffers as a result of Demeter's quest to find her daughter?
2. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
3. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
4. What name is Herakles also known as?
5. What does the poet ask to be blessed with at the conclusion of the final Hymn to Athena?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)