|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
(a) Fifty three.
(b) Forty three.
(c) Twenty three.
(d) Thirty three.
2. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
3. According to the hymn, what does Hephaistos do for the men he represents?
(a) He makes their work widely accepted, but not easier.
(b) He makes their work easier, but still not widely accepted.
(c) He has no effect on them.
(d) He makes their work easier and more widely accepted.
4. Who is judging Hermes for his crimes?
5. What does Hermes use to enable him to fly as he disguises his theft?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the men live that Hephaistos represents in the hymn?
2. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
3. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
4. Whose child does Demeter attempt to make immortal?
5. How is Artemis's dancing described in the hymn?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)