|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the poet of the hymns, who is responsible for Aphrodite's desire for mortal men?
2. At the conclusion of the first hymn, how is Hermes described?
(a) As a cheater, but not a helper.
(b) As a helper, but not a cheater.
(c) As neither a helper nor a cheater.
(d) As a cheater and a helper.
3. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
4. Who is believed to be Herakles's father?
5. As explained in The Second Hymn to Aphrodite, how was Aphrodite born?
(a) From the foam of the sea.
(b) From the flames of a fire.
(c) From the rays of the sun.
(d) From the center of a flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose child does Demeter attempt to make immortal?
2. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
3. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
4. According to Aphrodite, what will the child she has with Anchises grow to become?
5. What is the judgment that Hermes receives?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)