|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hermes use to enable him to fly as he disguises his theft?
2. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
(a) Two lines.
(b) Two paragraphs.
(c) Three lines.
(d) Three paragraphs.
3. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
4. What do all of the hymns in this section (The Hymn to Hephaistos, The Hymn to Poseidon, The Hymn to Zeus, and The Hymn to the Muses) have in common?
(a) They are all long.
(b) They are all brief.
(c) They are all preludes to other hymns.
(d) They are all based on Homer's experiences.
5. What does the poet pray for at the end of The Hymn to Herakles?
(a) Excellence, fortune, and wealth.
(b) Excellence and wealth.
(c) Fortune and wealth.
(d) Excellence and fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
2. How is Hephaistos described in The Hymn to Hephaistos?
3. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
4. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
5. Who does Zeus send to free Demeter's daughter?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)