|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the judgment that Hermes receives?
(a) He must grant Apollo three wishes.
(b) He must apologize to Apollo.
(c) He can keep the stolen animals.
(d) He must return the stolen animals to Apollo.
2. Whose child does Demeter attempt to make immortal?
3. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
(a) It is less powerful.
(b) It is more powerful.
(c) It is equal.
(d) It is less powerful in some ways, and more powerful in other ways.
4. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
(a) To introduce Homer's knowledge of Artemis.
(b) To describe another god that Artemis emulated.
(c) To introduce the second one.
(d) To describe Artemis' shortcomings.
5. What name is Herakles also known as?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
2. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
3. What is Anchises's initial reaction when he learns Aphrodite's true identity?
4. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
5. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)