|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
(a) The eighth and second.
(b) The eighth and fourth.
(c) The twelfth and ninth.
(d) The twelfth and seventh.
2. Who reportedly witnessed the birth of Athena?
(a) Gods, men, and animals.
(b) Gods and men.
(c) Gods and animals, but not men.
(d) Men and animals, but not gods.
3. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
(c) Works and Days.
(d) The Odyssey.
4. In the first Hymn to Hermes, who is described as Hermes's mother?
5. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fifth-century poet is mentioned in the Introduction in reference to a description of the Homeridae?
2. Whose knowledge is related to the Muses, according to the poet in The Hymn to the Muses?
3. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
4. Making it different than many of the other hymns, how does The Hymn to Ares begin?
5. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)