|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) The argument between the helmsman and the captain.
(b) The argument between Dionysus, the helmsman, and the captain.
(c) The argument between Dionysus and the captain.
(d) The argument between Dionysus and the helmsman.
2. Which one of Athena's attributes is the subject of the final Hymn to Athena?
3. Which one of the following is a term used by the poet to characterize Zeus?
(a) The best.
(b) The incomparable.
(c) The greatest.
(d) The original.
4. Who does Zeus send to free Demeter's daughter?
5. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a praise.
(b) With a question.
(c) With a prediction.
(d) With a song.
Short Answer Questions
1. As explained in the hymn, how did the witnesses of Athena's birth respond to the event?
2. Making it different than many of the other hymns, how does The Hymn to Ares begin?
3. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
4. According to the hymn, how does Demeter try to make a child immortal?
5. Who is the father of Hermes, according to the first Hymn?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)