|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the myth, where was Athena born?
(a) From her father's chin.
(b) From her mother's forehead.
(c) From her mother's chin.
(d) From her father's forehead.
2. What name is Herakles also known as?
3. In the first Hymn to Hermes, who is described as Hermes's mother?
4. Based on the hymn, how many goddesses are there that Aphrodite cannot influence?
5. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hermes's mother discover that he has been up to no good?
2. What type of arts is Athena known for?
3. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
4. According to The Hymn to Pan, what animal makes up the lower half of Pan, who is known for nature and wild music?
5. At the conclusion of the first hymn, how is Hermes described?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)