|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Demeter abandons the attempt to make the child immortal, what kind of existence does she have?
2. Where does Herakles eventually live?
(c) Mount Olympus.
3. Which one of the following is not a well known recurrent theme of Ancient Greek literature?
(a) The inevitable nature of old age.
(b) Ignorance of the future.
(c) The uncertainty of life.
(d) Ignorance of the past.
4. In the story, how does Aphrodite disguise herself in order to get close to Anchises?
(a) As a girl that Anchises once knew.
(b) As a mortal girl.
(c) As a girl that Anchises knows.
(d) As another goddess.
5. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
Short Answer Questions
1. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
2. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
3. How is Zeus described by the poet in The Hymn to Zeus?
4. When is Anchises bewitched by Aphrodite's beauty?
5. What does the poet ask to be blessed with at the conclusion of the final Hymn to Athena?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)