|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hymns to the Earth, Artemis, Hera, and the Mother of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
2. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
(a) Two lines.
(b) Two paragraphs.
(c) Three lines.
(d) Three paragraphs.
3. Who is Hera's husband?
4. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
(a) Humans and nature, but not animals.
(b) Humans, animals, and nature.
(c) Animals and nature, but not humans.
(d) Humans and animals, but not nature.
5. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
(a) The guardian of us all.
(b) The guardian of civilization.
(c) The mother of civilization.
(d) The mother of us all.
Short Answer Questions
1. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
2. What is Artemis's skill?
3. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
4. What is the length of the longest hymn?
5. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)