|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hymns to the Earth, Artemis, Hera, and the Mother of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fifth-century poet is mentioned in the Introduction in reference to a description of the Homeridae?
2. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
3. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
(a) Twenty three.
(b) Thirty three.
(c) Forty three.
(d) Fifty three.
4. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
(a) Two lines.
(b) Three paragraphs.
(c) Three lines.
(d) Two paragraphs.
5. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
(a) The first hymn does not mention Artemis by name.
(b) The first hymn is shorter.
(c) The first hymn is longer.
(d) The first hymn is not about Artemis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
2. What meter are the hymns composed in?
3. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
4. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
5. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)