|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hymns to the Earth, Artemis, Hera, and the Mother of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following corresponds to an ancient tradition about Homer?
(a) He did not live in Ancient Rome or Greece.
(b) He was the creator of the Greek alphabet.
(c) He was blind.
(d) He spent most of his life alone.
2. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
(a) Her voice.
(b) Her feet.
3. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
(a) The guardian of civilization.
(b) The guardian of us all.
(c) The mother of civilization.
(d) The mother of us all.
4. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
5. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
2. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
3. What is the length of the longest hymn?
4. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
5. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)