|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hymns to the Earth, Artemis, Hera, and the Mother of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
2. Which one of the following corresponds to an ancient tradition about Homer?
(a) He was the creator of the Greek alphabet.
(b) He spent most of his life alone.
(c) He was blind.
(d) He did not live in Ancient Rome or Greece.
3. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
(a) Health and fortune.
(b) Health, fortune, and wealth.
(c) Health and wealth.
(d) Fortune and wealth.
4. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
5. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
2. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
3. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
4. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
5. What fifth-century poet is mentioned in the Introduction in reference to a description of the Homeridae?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)