|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hymns to the Earth, Artemis, Hera, and the Mother of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
(a) Powerful, but not remorseless.
(b) Remorseless, but not powerful.
(c) Powerful and remorseless.
(d) Neither powerful nor remorseless.
2. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
(a) Forty three.
(b) Fifty three.
(c) Thirty three.
(d) Twenty three.
3. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
(a) Another book by a different author.
(b) A longer poem.
(c) Another book by Homer.
(d) A shorter poem.
4. What meter are the hymns composed in?
5. What fifth-century poet is mentioned in the Introduction in reference to a description of the Homeridae?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
2. What is the length of the longest hymn?
3. Who is Hera's husband?
4. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
5. Which one of the following corresponds to an ancient tradition about Homer?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)