|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hymns to the Earth, Artemis, Hera, and the Mother of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
2. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
3. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
4. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
(a) The guardian of us all.
(b) The mother of us all.
(c) The guardian of civilization.
(d) The mother of civilization.
5. What is Artemis's skill?
(a) Fighting wars.
Short Answer Questions
1. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
2. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
3. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
4. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
5. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)