|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hymns to the Earth, Artemis, Hera, and the Mother of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
(a) Another book by a different author.
(b) A shorter poem.
(c) A longer poem.
(d) Another book by Homer.
2. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) Both by writing and verbally.
(c) By writing.
3. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
(c) Works and Days.
(d) The Odyssey.
4. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
5. What fifth-century poet is mentioned in the Introduction in reference to a description of the Homeridae?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
2. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
3. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
4. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
5. Which one of the following is not a well known recurrent theme of Ancient Greek literature?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)