|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hymns to the Earth, Artemis, Hera, and the Mother of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
(a) The first hymn is not about Artemis.
(b) The first hymn does not mention Artemis by name.
(c) The first hymn is shorter.
(d) The first hymn is longer.
2. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
(a) Her eminence, mercifulness, and glory.
(b) Her eminence and glory.
(c) Her mercifulness and glory.
(d) Her eminence and mercifulness.
3. What meter are the hymns composed in?
4. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
(a) Forty three.
(b) Fifty three.
(c) Thirty three.
(d) Twenty three.
5. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
(a) The guardian of us all.
(b) The mother of us all.
(c) The guardian of civilization.
(d) The mother of civilization.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
2. Which one of the following corresponds to an ancient tradition about Homer?
3. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
4. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
5. Who is Hera's husband?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)