|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hymns to the Earth, Artemis, Hera, and the Mother of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the syallabic script used by the Greeks in the late Bronze Age?
(a) Linear C.
(b) Linear B.
(c) Linear A.
(d) Linear D.
2. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
(a) Health and fortune.
(b) Health and wealth.
(c) Health, fortune, and wealth.
(d) Fortune and wealth.
3. What is the length of the longest hymn?
(a) Twenty eight lines.
(b) Two hundred and eighty lines.
(c) Five hundred and eighty lines.
(d) Fifty eight lines.
4. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
5. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
(a) Another book by Homer.
(b) Another book by a different author.
(c) A shorter poem.
(d) A longer poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is not a well known recurrent theme of Ancient Greek literature?
2. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
3. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
4. Which one of the following corresponds to an ancient tradition about Homer?
5. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)