|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hymns to the Earth, Artemis, Hera, and the Mother of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
2. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
(a) Her strength.
(b) Her loyalty.
(c) Her commitment.
(d) Her sacredness.
3. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
(a) At her brother's house.
(b) On a mountain.
(c) In the forest.
(d) At her sister's house.
4. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
5. What meter are the hymns composed in?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
2. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
3. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
4. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
5. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)