|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hymns to the Earth, Artemis, Hera, and the Mother of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
2. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
3. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
4. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
(a) Fifty three.
(b) Thirty three.
(c) Forty three.
(d) Twenty three.
5. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
(a) Three lines.
(b) Two lines.
(c) Two paragraphs.
(d) Three paragraphs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
2. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
3. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
4. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
5. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)