|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hymns to the Earth, Artemis, Hera, and the Mother of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
2. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
(a) Works and Days.
(d) The Odyssey.
3. How is Artemis's dancing described in the hymn?
4. What fifth-century poet is mentioned in the Introduction in reference to a description of the Homeridae?
5. Which one of the following is not a well known recurrent theme of Ancient Greek literature?
(a) Ignorance of the future.
(b) The inevitable nature of old age.
(c) Ignorance of the past.
(d) The uncertainty of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
2. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
3. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
4. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
5. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)