|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hymns to the Earth, Artemis, Hera, and the Mother of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
2. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
(a) Fifty three.
(b) Forty three.
(c) Twenty three.
(d) Thirty three.
3. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
4. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
5. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
(a) Health, fortune, and wealth.
(b) Health and wealth.
(c) Health and fortune.
(d) Fortune and wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
2. What fifth-century poet is mentioned in the Introduction in reference to a description of the Homeridae?
3. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
4. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
5. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)