|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hymns to the Earth, Artemis, Hera, and the Mother of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hera's husband?
2. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
(a) Neither powerful nor remorseless.
(b) Powerful and remorseless.
(c) Powerful, but not remorseless.
(d) Remorseless, but not powerful.
3. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
(a) Another book by a different author.
(b) A shorter poem.
(c) Another book by Homer.
(d) A longer poem.
4. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
(a) The eighth and second.
(b) The twelfth and seventh.
(c) The twelfth and ninth.
(d) The eighth and fourth.
5. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
(b) Works and Days.
(d) The Odyssey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
2. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
3. Which one of the following is not a well known recurrent theme of Ancient Greek literature?
4. What meter are the hymns composed in?
5. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)