|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hymns to the Earth, Artemis, Hera, and the Mother of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
(a) The first hymn is longer.
(b) The first hymn does not mention Artemis by name.
(c) The first hymn is not about Artemis.
(d) The first hymn is shorter.
2. What is Artemis's skill?
(a) Fighting wars.
3. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
(a) Remorseless, but not powerful.
(b) Powerful, but not remorseless.
(c) Neither powerful nor remorseless.
(d) Powerful and remorseless.
4. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
5. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
(a) At her sister's house.
(b) On a mountain.
(c) At her brother's house.
(d) In the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the syallabic script used by the Greeks in the late Bronze Age?
2. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
3. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
4. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
5. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)