|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hymns to the Earth, Artemis, Hera, and the Mother of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
(a) Another book by a different author.
(b) A longer poem.
(c) Another book by Homer.
(d) A shorter poem.
2. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
3. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
4. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
5. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Artemis's dancing described in the hymn?
2. What is Artemis's skill?
3. What is the length of the longest hymn?
4. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
5. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)