|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hymns to the Earth, Artemis, Hera, and the Mother of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the length of the longest hymn?
(a) Twenty eight lines.
(b) Fifty eight lines.
(c) Two hundred and eighty lines.
(d) Five hundred and eighty lines.
2. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
(a) Three lines.
(b) Two lines.
(c) Three paragraphs.
(d) Two paragraphs.
3. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
(a) On a mountain.
(b) At her sister's house.
(c) In the forest.
(d) At her brother's house.
4. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
(a) It is less powerful in some ways, and more powerful in other ways.
(b) It is less powerful.
(c) It is more powerful.
(d) It is equal.
5. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
(a) Her sacredness.
(b) Her loyalty.
(c) Her commitment.
(d) Her strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hera's husband?
2. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
3. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
4. In a tribute, which Greek historian attributes the "Hymn to Apollo" to Homer?
5. What was the syallabic script used by the Greeks in the late Bronze Age?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)