|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hymns to the Earth, Artemis, Hera, and the Mother of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
(a) Her strength.
(b) Her sacredness.
(c) Her commitment.
(d) Her loyalty.
2. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
3. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
(a) Forty three.
(b) Thirty three.
(c) Twenty three.
(d) Fifty three.
4. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
5. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
(a) To introduce Homer's knowledge of Artemis.
(b) To describe another god that Artemis emulated.
(c) To introduce the second one.
(d) To describe Artemis' shortcomings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Artemis's dancing described in the hymn?
2. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
3. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
4. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
5. Who is Hera's husband?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)