|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hymns to the Earth, Artemis, Hera, and the Mother of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
2. What meter are the hymns composed in?
3. Which one of the following epics was composed by Homer?
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) Works and Days.
4. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
(a) The eighth and fourth.
(b) The twelfth and seventh.
(c) The eighth and second.
(d) The twelfth and ninth.
5. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
(a) Animals and nature, but not humans.
(b) Humans and nature, but not animals.
(c) Humans, animals, and nature.
(d) Humans and animals, but not nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
2. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
3. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
4. What was the syallabic script used by the Greeks in the late Bronze Age?
5. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)