|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hymns to the Earth, Artemis, Hera, and the Mother of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is not a well known recurrent theme of Ancient Greek literature?
(a) The uncertainty of life.
(b) Ignorance of the past.
(c) Ignorance of the future.
(d) The inevitable nature of old age.
2. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
(a) The eighth and fourth.
(b) The twelfth and ninth.
(c) The twelfth and seventh.
(d) The eighth and second.
3. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
4. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
5. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
(a) Three lines.
(b) Two paragraphs.
(c) Three paragraphs.
(d) Two lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
2. Who is the other major composer of early Greek poetry that is mentioned in the Introduction?
3. What meter are the hymns composed in?
4. How is Artemis's dancing described in the hymn?
5. What is the length of the longest hymn?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)