|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hymns to the Earth, Artemis, Hera, and the Mother of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Artemis's skill?
(c) Fighting wars.
2. What fifth-century poet is mentioned in the Introduction in reference to a description of the Homeridae?
3. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
(a) Humans and nature, but not animals.
(b) Humans and animals, but not nature.
(c) Humans, animals, and nature.
(d) Animals and nature, but not humans.
4. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
(a) To describe Artemis' shortcomings.
(b) To introduce Homer's knowledge of Artemis.
(c) To describe another god that Artemis emulated.
(d) To introduce the second one.
5. What meter are the hymns composed in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
2. What is the length of the shortest hymn?
3. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
4. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
5. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)