|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hymns to the Earth, Artemis, Hera, and the Mother of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
2. What meter are the hymns composed in?
3. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
4. According to the most recent study included in the Introduction, what period are the longer hymns from?
5. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
(a) Her eminence and mercifulness.
(b) Her eminence, mercifulness, and glory.
(c) Her mercifulness and glory.
(d) Her eminence and glory.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many songs are used to compose the Homeric Hymns?
2. Based on the findings of archaeologists, which centuries have a gap between them where no writings have been found?
3. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
4. What is Artemis's skill?
5. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)