|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Apollo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Hymn to Pythian Apollo, what does Apollo want to build as a home for his Oracle?
(a) A cave.
(b) A temple.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A fortress.
2. Which one of the following is Athena known for?
3. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) He is richly rewarded.
(b) He swims to safety on a nearby island.
(c) He is turned into a hawk.
(d) He is released by Dionysus on an island.
4. What name does the poet give to the moon?
5. Which one of the following was Poseidon also known for?
Short Answer Questions
1. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
2. Who is the father of Hermes, according to the first Hymn?
3. How is Herakles described in the hymn?
4. In The Hymn to Ares, what word is used to describe Ares's force?
5. Based on the information provided in The Hymns to the Dioscuri, who do Castor and Pollux protect?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)