|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Athena's attributes is the subject of the final Hymn to Athena?
2. What do all of the hymns in this section (The Hymn to Hephaistos, The Hymn to Poseidon, The Hymn to Zeus, and The Hymn to the Muses) have in common?
(a) They are all preludes to other hymns.
(b) They are all long.
(c) They are all brief.
(d) They are all based on Homer's experiences.
3. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) The argument between Dionysus and the helmsman.
(b) The argument between the helmsman and the captain.
(c) The argument between Dionysus and the captain.
(d) The argument between Dionysus, the helmsman, and the captain.
4. Who does Zeus send to free Demeter's daughter?
5. What is Anchises's initial reaction when he learns Aphrodite's true identity?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is terrified.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
2. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
3. Which one of the following is not included in the description of Hermes provided in The Second Hymn to Hermes?
4. How does Hermes's mother discover that he has been up to no good?
5. Who does the poet praise in The Second Hymn to Demeter?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)