Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymn to Demeter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Zeus send to free Demeter's daughter?
2. What prayer does the poet make in The Hymn to Poseidon?
(a) For good weather over the seas.
(b) For strong winds on the sails of ships.
(c) For the brief trips of sailors.
(d) For the safety of sailors and ships.
3. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
4. How is Hades first described in The Hymn to Demeter?
(a) He who takes from the Earth.
(b) He who receives so many.
(c) He who takes what is not theirs.
(d) He who receives so few.
5. In The Hymn to Aphrodite, what job does Anchises have?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is a sheepherder.
(c) He is a cowherd.
(d) He is a poet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
2. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
3. Who is judging Hermes for his crimes?
4. When does Hermes reportedly kill a large turtle?
5. Where is Demeter's daughter taken when she is kidnapped?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)