Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Ares, Herakles, Ausklepios, and Pan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet pray for at the end of The Hymn to Herakles?
(a) Excellence and wealth.
(b) Excellence and fortune.
(c) Excellence, fortune, and wealth.
(d) Fortune and wealth.
2. Which one of the following is not included in the description of Hermes provided in The Second Hymn to Hermes?
(a) Dispenser of favors.
(d) Giver of good things.
3. In what way does the author describe how Earth's blessings manifest themselves in females?
4. What type of voice does the author ask Ares to help him restore?
(a) A loud voice.
(b) A shrill voice.
(c) A chilling voice.
(d) A relentless voice.
5. Who is the father of Hermes, according to the first Hymn?
Short Answer Questions
1. What century did the Ancient Greeks begin to use the alphabetic script?
2. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
3. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
4. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
5. What is the voice that the author refers to in The Hymn to Ares provoking him to do?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)