|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hermes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Apollo give to Hermes towards the end of the first hymn?
(a) A horse.
(b) A bow.
(c) A wand.
(d) A pair of shoes.
2. In the first Hymn to Hermes, who is described as Hermes's mother?
3. As used by the Greeks to describe The Homeric Hymns, what does the word, charis, mean?
4. How many of the stolen animals does Hermes sacrifice in the caves?
(b) All of them.
5. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which god did the Homeridae feature in their preludes?
2. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
3. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
4. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
5. How does Hermes's mother discover that he has been up to no good?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)