|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Dionysus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
(a) To prevent him from discovering his parents.
(b) To protect his identity.
(c) To teach him various skills.
(d) To protect him from Hera.
2. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
(a) Vine leaves.
(b) Vine and flower leaves.
(c) Plant leaves.
(d) Plant and flower leaves.
3. How do historians think that the Homeric poems were composed?
(a) Both by writing and verbally.
(b) By writing.
(d) It is unclear.
4. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
(a) No one.
(b) The entire crew except for the helmsman.
(c) The entire crew except for the captain.
(d) The entire crew.
5. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
(a) At her sister's house.
(b) On a mountain.
(c) At her brother's house.
(d) In the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the evidence presented in the Introduction, what are some of the hymns most likely a prelude for?
2. Which one of the following is not a well known recurrent theme of Ancient Greek literature?
3. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
4. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
5. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)