|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do all of the hymns in this section (The Hymn to Hephaistos, The Hymn to Poseidon, The Hymn to Zeus, and The Hymn to the Muses) have in common?
(a) They are all preludes to other hymns.
(b) They are all long.
(c) They are all based on Homer's experiences.
(d) They are all brief.
2. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
(a) A bear.
(b) A lion.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A wolf.
3. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
(a) It is less powerful in some ways, and more powerful in other ways.
(b) It is less powerful.
(c) It is equal.
(d) It is more powerful.
4. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
5. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
(a) The first hymn is shorter.
(b) The first hymn is longer.
(c) The first hymn is not about Artemis.
(d) The first hymn does not mention Artemis by name.
Short Answer Questions
1. As described in The Hymn to Asclepios, what is Asclepios known for?
2. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
3. In The Hymn to Ares, what word is used to describe Ares's force?
4. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
5. What is Artemis's skill?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)