|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
(a) Health, fortune, and wealth.
(b) Health and fortune.
(c) Health and wealth.
(d) Fortune and wealth.
2. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
(a) The mother of civilization.
(b) The guardian of civilization.
(c) The guardian of us all.
(d) The mother of us all.
3. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
(a) It is less powerful in some ways, and more powerful in other ways.
(b) It is less powerful.
(c) It is equal.
(d) It is more powerful.
4. What does the helmsman of the boat recognize?
(a) That the boat was going off course.
(b) The holiness of the prisoner.
(c) That the boat was sinking.
(d) The danger that the crew is in.
5. Based on the myth, what does Hermes use the shell of the turtle to make?
(a) A shield.
(b) A hat.
(c) A bowl.
(d) A lyre.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Hephaistos have, according to the hymn?
2. Which one of the following was Poseidon also known for?
3. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
4. According to the hymn, what does Hephaistos do for the men he represents?
5. Who is Hera's husband?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)