|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
(a) Vine leaves.
(b) Vine and flower leaves.
(c) Plant and flower leaves.
(d) Plant leaves.
2. Based on the myth, what does Hermes use the shell of the turtle to make?
(a) A lyre.
(b) A shield.
(c) A hat.
(d) A bowl.
3. How does the poet describe the laws of peace that he wishes to linger in at the end of The Hymn to Ares?
4. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
(a) Her eminence, mercifulness, and glory.
(b) Her eminence and mercifulness.
(c) Her mercifulness and glory.
(d) Her eminence and glory.
5. What job did Hephaistos have, according to the hymn?
(a) He is a blacksmith.
(b) He is a painter.
(c) He is a scupltor.
(d) He is a carpenter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is a term used by the poet to characterize Zeus?
2. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
3. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
4. As described in The Hymn to Asclepios, what is Asclepios known for?
5. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)