|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the men live that Hephaistos represents in the hymn?
(a) In caves.
(b) On boats.
(c) In shacks.
(d) In the mountains.
2. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
(a) Vine and flower leaves.
(b) Plant and flower leaves.
(c) Plant leaves.
(d) Vine leaves.
3. How does the poet describe the laws of peace that he wishes to linger in at the end of The Hymn to Ares?
4. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
(a) Humans and nature, but not animals.
(b) Animals and nature, but not humans.
(c) Humans and animals, but not nature.
(d) Humans, animals, and nature.
5. Based on the hymn, how did the men that Hephaistos represents live?
(b) Like animals.
(c) Like servants.
(d) In poverty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Hephaistos described in The Hymn to Hephaistos?
2. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
3. As explained in The Hymn to the Muses, which of the following's work are related to the Muses?
4. How does Hermes's mother discover that he has been up to no good?
5. What is the general tone of The Hymn to Zeus?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)