|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
(a) Humans and animals, but not nature.
(b) Animals and nature, but not humans.
(c) Humans, animals, and nature.
(d) Humans and nature, but not animals.
2. How is Hephaistos described in The Hymn to Hephaistos?
(a) Ugly, but not deformed.
(b) Ugly and deformed.
(c) Deformed, but not ugly.
(d) Neither ugly nor deformed.
3. What type of leaves appear as the boat continues to sail while holding Dionysus?
(a) Plant leaves.
(b) Plant and flower leaves.
(c) Vine and flower leaves.
(d) Vine leaves.
4. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
(a) Her eminence, mercifulness, and glory.
(b) Her eminence and mercifulness.
(c) Her eminence and glory.
(d) Her mercifulness and glory.
5. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
(a) To release Dionysus on the next island.
(b) To hold Dionysus for ransom.
(c) To gain knowledge from Dionysus.
(d) To destroy Dionysus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the poet describe the laws of peace that he wishes to linger in at the end of The Hymn to Ares?
2. How does Hermes's mother discover that he has been up to no good?
3. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
4. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
5. What prayer does the poet make in The Hymn to Poseidon?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)