|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the conclusion of the first hymn, how is Hermes described?
(a) As a cheater, but not a helper.
(b) As a helper, but not a cheater.
(c) As neither a helper nor a cheater.
(d) As a cheater and a helper.
2. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
(a) Girl-crazy goat.
(b) Girl-crazy lion.
(c) Wild, noisy lion.
(d) Wild, noisy goat.
3. What is the general tone of The Hymn to Zeus?
4. Who is the father of Hermes, according to the first Hymn?
5. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
(a) Neither powerful nor remorseless.
(b) Remorseless, but not powerful.
(c) Powerful, but not remorseless.
(d) Powerful and remorseless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the myth, what does Hermes use the shell of the turtle to make?
2. What does Apollo give to Hermes towards the end of the first hymn?
3. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
4. According to The Hymn to Pan, what animal makes up the lower half of Pan, who is known for nature and wild music?
5. How does The Hymn to Ares end?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)