|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the poet describe the laws of peace that he wishes to linger in at the end of The Hymn to Ares?
2. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
(a) It is more powerful.
(b) It is less powerful.
(c) It is less powerful in some ways, and more powerful in other ways.
(d) It is equal.
3. Who is Hera's husband?
4. As explained in The Hymn to the Muses, which of the following's work are related to the Muses?
5. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
(a) Remorseless, but not powerful.
(b) Neither powerful nor remorseless.
(c) Powerful and remorseless.
(d) Powerful, but not remorseless.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Hephaistos described in The Hymn to Hephaistos?
2. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
3. Which one of the following is a term used by the poet to characterize Zeus?
4. How many of the stolen animals does Hermes sacrifice in the caves?
5. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)