|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Making it different than many of the other hymns, how does The Hymn to Ares begin?
(a) With no mention of Ares's name.
(b) With a description of another god.
(c) With a repetition of Ares's name.
(d) With the reference to another god.
2. Which one of the following was Poseidon also known for?
3. How is Artemis's dancing described in the hymn?
4. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) He swims to safety on a nearby island.
(b) He is released by Dionysus on an island.
(c) He is richly rewarded.
(d) He is turned into a hawk.
5. How is Hephaistos described in The Hymn to Hephaistos?
(a) Deformed, but not ugly.
(b) Neither ugly nor deformed.
(c) Ugly, but not deformed.
(d) Ugly and deformed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
2. How many of the stolen animals does Hermes sacrifice in the caves?
3. Which one of the following is a term used by the poet to characterize Zeus?
4. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
5. What does Hermes steal from Apollo?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)