|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As described in The Hymn to Asclepios, what is Asclepios known for?
2. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
3. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
(a) Remorseless, but not powerful.
(b) Powerful and remorseless.
(c) Powerful, but not remorseless.
(d) Neither powerful nor remorseless.
4. Whose knowledge is related to the Muses, according to the poet in The Hymn to the Muses?
5. What does the poet pray for at the end of The Hymn to Herakles?
(a) Excellence and fortune.
(b) Fortune and wealth.
(c) Excellence, fortune, and wealth.
(d) Excellence and wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the father of Hermes, according to the first Hymn?
2. According to the hymn, what does Hephaistos do for the men he represents?
3. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
4. What is the general tone of The Hymn to Zeus?
5. Which one of the following is not included in the description of Hermes provided in The Second Hymn to Hermes?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)