|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As explained in The Hymn to the Muses, which of the following's work are related to the Muses?
2. In the opinion of the author, how does Hera's power compare to the influence of her husband?
(a) It is less powerful in some ways, and more powerful in other ways.
(b) It is more powerful.
(c) It is equal.
(d) It is less powerful.
3. What prayer does the poet make in The Hymn to Poseidon?
(a) For the brief trips of sailors.
(b) For strong winds on the sails of ships.
(c) For the safety of sailors and ships.
(d) For good weather over the seas.
4. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
(a) To teach him various skills.
(b) To protect his identity.
(c) To protect him from Hera.
(d) To prevent him from discovering his parents.
5. What is the voice that the author refers to in The Hymn to Ares provoking him to do?
(a) Retreat from battle.
(b) Enter battle.
(c) Write another song.
(d) Write another poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
2. In the first Hymn to Hermes, where is Hermes judged for his crimes?
3. In The Hymn to Ares, what word is used to describe Ares's force?
4. What type of armor does Ares have, according to the poet?
5. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)