|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
(a) On a mountain.
(b) At her sister's house.
(c) At her brother's house.
(d) In the forest.
2. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a prediction.
(b) With a question.
(c) With a praise.
(d) With a song.
3. In the poet's opinion, how do Earth's blessings manifest themselves in males?
4. In what way does Hermes's mother respond to Hermes' stealing activities?
(a) She scolds him.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She cries.
(d) She ignores him.
5. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A lion.
(c) A bear.
(d) A wolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
2. As explained in The Hymn to the Muses, which of the following's work are related to the Muses?
3. Who is Hera's husband?
4. According to The Hymn to Pan, what animal makes up the lower half of Pan, who is known for nature and wild music?
5. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)