|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Artemis's skill?
(d) Fighting wars.
2. In summarizing The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet suggest follows the manifestation of Earth's blessings?
(a) Health, fortune, and wealth.
(b) Fortune and wealth.
(c) Health and wealth.
(d) Health and fortune.
3. Who is judging Hermes for his crimes?
4. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
(a) To destroy Dionysus.
(b) To gain knowledge from Dionysus.
(c) To release Dionysus on the next island.
(d) To hold Dionysus for ransom.
5. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
(a) The mother of us all.
(b) The guardian of civilization.
(c) The mother of civilization.
(d) The guardian of us all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
2. Which one of the following is not included by the poet in the list of people that the Muses favor?
3. What does Hermes use to enable him to fly as he disguises his theft?
4. Who is Hera's husband?
5. When does Hermes reportedly kill a large turtle?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)