|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along with his feats of strength, which one of the following is also discussed in The Hymn to Herakles?
(a) His rivalries.
(b) His wandering.
(c) His philosophy.
(d) His intelligence.
2. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
(a) With a note from Homer.
(b) With a description of Dionysus.
(c) With a song about Dionysus.
(d) With a note from the translator.
3. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
(a) The entire crew.
(b) The entire crew except for the captain.
(c) No one.
(d) The entire crew except for the helmsman.
4. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
5. How does The Hymn to Ares end?
(a) With a prediction.
(b) With a prayer.
(c) With a song.
(d) With a riddle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following was Poseidon also known for?
2. What does The Hymn to Zeus mainly focus on?
3. What does the poet pray for at the end of The Hymn to Herakles?
4. What is the general tone of The Hymn to Zeus?
5. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)