|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the hymn, what does Hephaistos do for the men he represents?
(a) He has no effect on them.
(b) He makes their work widely accepted, but not easier.
(c) He makes their work easier and more widely accepted.
(d) He makes their work easier, but still not widely accepted.
2. What type of armor does Ares have, according to the poet?
3. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
4. According to The Hymn to Pan, what animal makes up the lower half of Pan, who is known for nature and wild music?
(a) A horse.
(b) A zebra.
(c) A goat.
(d) A lion.
5. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the judgment that Hermes receives?
2. How is Herakles described in the hymn?
3. Based on the information provided in their hymn, what do the Muses influence?
4. How is Hermes's defense described in the first hymn?
5. In The Hymn to Ares, what word is used to describe Ares's force?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)