|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hermes steal from Apollo?
(a) A group of horses.
(b) A herd of cattle.
(c) A group of oxen.
(d) A herd of sheep.
2. What is the judgment that Hermes receives?
(a) He must apologize to Apollo.
(b) He must return the stolen animals to Apollo.
(c) He must grant Apollo three wishes.
(d) He can keep the stolen animals.
3. Which one of the following was Poseidon also known for?
4. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
(a) Wild, noisy lion.
(b) Girl-crazy goat.
(c) Wild, noisy goat.
(d) Girl-crazy lion.
5. When does Hermes reportedly kill a large turtle?
(a) The week after he is born.
(b) Two weeks after he is born.
(c) The day after he is born.
(d) Two days after he is born.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
2. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
3. According to the hymn, what does Hephaistos do for the men he represents?
4. At the conclusion of the first hymn, how is Hermes described?
5. What does Apollo give to Hermes towards the end of the first hymn?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)