|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) He is richly rewarded.
(b) He swims to safety on a nearby island.
(c) He is released by Dionysus on an island.
(d) He is turned into a hawk.
2. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a praise.
(b) With a song.
(c) With a prediction.
(d) With a question.
3. Where did the men live that Hephaistos represents in the hymn?
(a) In shacks.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) On boats.
(d) In caves.
4. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
5. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
Short Answer Questions
1. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
2. How is Hermes's defense described in the first hymn?
3. What is Artemis's skill?
4. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
5. What is the purpose of the first hymn to Artemis?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)