|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does The Hymn to Ares end?
(a) With a prediction.
(b) With a song.
(c) With a prayer.
(d) With a riddle.
2. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
(a) In the forest.
(b) On a mountain.
(c) At her brother's house.
(d) At her sister's house.
3. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
(a) The first hymn does not mention Artemis by name.
(b) The first hymn is not about Artemis.
(c) The first hymn is longer.
(d) The first hymn is shorter.
4. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
5. In the first Hymn to Hermes, where is Hermes judged for his crimes?
(b) Mount Athos.
(c) Mount Olympus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What way does the poet describe the manifestation of Earth's blessings in children?
2. According to The Hymn to Pan, what animal makes up the lower half of Pan, who is known for nature and wild music?
3. In The Hymn to Ares, what word is used to describe Ares's force?
4. Based on the hymn, how did the men that Hephaistos represents live?
5. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)