|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hermes steal from Apollo?
(a) A group of oxen.
(b) A group of horses.
(c) A herd of cattle.
(d) A herd of sheep.
2. In the first Hymn to Hermes, where is Hermes judged for his crimes?
(a) Mount Olympus.
(b) Mount Athos.
3. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) The argument between Dionysus and the helmsman.
(b) The argument between Dionysus and the captain.
(c) The argument between Dionysus, the helmsman, and the captain.
(d) The argument between the helmsman and the captain.
4. What does the helmsman of the boat recognize?
(a) The holiness of the prisoner.
(b) That the boat was going off course.
(c) The danger that the crew is in.
(d) That the boat was sinking.
5. Who is the father of Hermes, according to the first Hymn?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Artemis's skill described in the second hymn?
2. In the first Hymn to Hermes, who is described as Hermes's mother?
3. At the conclusion of the first hymn, how is Hermes described?
4. How is Herakles described in the hymn?
5. What is the judgment that Hermes receives?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)