|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet ask Ares for?
2. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
(a) Her voice.
(c) Her feet.
3. Who is Hera's husband?
4. Where did the men live that Hephaistos represents in the hymn?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) On boats.
(c) In caves.
(d) In shacks.
5. What type of voice does the author ask Ares to help him restore?
(a) A loud voice.
(b) A chilling voice.
(c) A relentless voice.
(d) A shrill voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is Herakles also known as?
2. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
3. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
4. What job did Hephaistos have, according to the hymn?
5. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)