|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the stolen animals does Hermes sacrifice in the caves?
(b) All of them.
2. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
3. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
4. What prayer does the poet make in The Hymn to Poseidon?
(a) For the brief trips of sailors.
(b) For the safety of sailors and ships.
(c) For good weather over the seas.
(d) For strong winds on the sails of ships.
5. When does Hermes reportedly kill a large turtle?
(a) Two weeks after he is born.
(b) The week after he is born.
(c) The day after he is born.
(d) Two days after he is born.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose knowledge is related to the Muses, according to the poet in The Hymn to the Muses?
2. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
3. How does Hermes's mother discover that he has been up to no good?
4. Which one of the following is not included by the poet in the list of people that the Muses favor?
5. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)