|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Apollo give to Hermes towards the end of the first hymn?
(a) A wand.
(b) A pair of shoes.
(c) A horse.
(d) A bow.
2. In what way does Hermes's mother respond to Hermes' stealing activities?
(a) She cries.
(b) She scolds him.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She ignores him.
3. When does Hermes reportedly kill a large turtle?
(a) Two days after he is born.
(b) The day after he is born.
(c) Two weeks after he is born.
(d) The week after he is born.
4. Where does Herakles eventually live?
(d) Mount Olympus.
5. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) He swims to safety on a nearby island.
(b) He is turned into a hawk.
(c) He is richly rewarded.
(d) He is released by Dionysus on an island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the men live that Hephaistos represents in the hymn?
2. What does the helmsman of the boat recognize?
3. As explained in The Hymn to the Muses, which of the following's work are related to the Muses?
4. What do all of the hymns in this section (The Hymn to Hephaistos, The Hymn to Poseidon, The Hymn to Zeus, and The Hymn to the Muses) have in common?
5. Who is Hera's husband?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)