|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Hephaistos have, according to the hymn?
(a) He is a blacksmith.
(b) He is a carpenter.
(c) He is a scupltor.
(d) He is a painter.
2. According to The Hymn to Pan, what animal makes up the lower half of Pan, who is known for nature and wild music?
(a) A horse.
(b) A goat.
(c) A zebra.
(d) A lion.
3. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
(a) To teach him various skills.
(b) To protect him from Hera.
(c) To prevent him from discovering his parents.
(d) To protect his identity.
4. As mentioned in The Second Hymn to Hera, who offers the praises to her?
(a) Humans, animals, and nature.
(b) Humans and animals, but not nature.
(c) Animals and nature, but not humans.
(d) Humans and nature, but not animals.
5. What is the difference between the first and second hymns to Artemis?
(a) The first hymn is shorter.
(b) The first hymn does not mention Artemis by name.
(c) The first hymn is longer.
(d) The first hymn is not about Artemis.
Short Answer Questions
1. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
2. In The Hymn to the Earth, what does the poet refer to the Earth as?
3. When does Hermes reportedly kill a large turtle?
4. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
5. What is Artemis's skill?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)