|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of nourishment of humanity does the Earth have according to the first hymn?
2. What is the judgment that Hermes receives?
(a) He must apologize to Apollo.
(b) He must return the stolen animals to Apollo.
(c) He can keep the stolen animals.
(d) He must grant Apollo three wishes.
3. What is the general tone of The Hymn to Zeus?
4. When does Hermes reportedly kill a large turtle?
(a) Two weeks after he is born.
(b) The week after he is born.
(c) The day after he is born.
(d) Two days after he is born.
5. What instrument is Artemis known for using?
(a) Her voice.
(c) Her feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first hymn to Hera praise her for?
2. What is the Earth praised for in the first hymn?
3. Who is the father of Hermes, according to the first Hymn?
4. Which one of the following is not something that Hermes was known as?
5. Which one of the following is not included in the description of Hermes provided in The Second Hymn to Hermes?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)