|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Hephaistos, Poseidon, Zeus and the Muses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the information provided in their hymn, what do the Muses influence?
(a) Music, and dance, but not poetry or history.
(b) Music, history, dance, and poetry.
(c) Music, dance, and poetry, but not history.
(d) Music, history, and poetry, but not dance.
2. According to The Hymn to Pan, what animal makes up the lower half of Pan, who is known for nature and wild music?
(a) A zebra.
(b) A lion.
(c) A horse.
(d) A goat.
3. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) The argument between Dionysus and the captain.
(b) The argument between Dionysus, the helmsman, and the captain.
(c) The argument between Dionysus and the helmsman.
(d) The argument between the helmsman and the captain.
4. What power does The Hymn to Poseidon discuss?
(a) The power of the sea plants.
(b) The power of the winds.
(c) The power of the sea.
(d) The power of sea creatures.
5. In The Hymn to Ares, what word is used to describe Ares's force?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the hymn, where does Artemis dance?
2. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
3. Based on the myth, what does Hermes use the shell of the turtle to make?
4. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
5. What prayer does the poet make in The Hymn to Poseidon?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)