|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the hymn, how many goddesses are there that Aphrodite cannot influence?
2. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
(a) To teach him various skills.
(b) To protect his identity.
(c) To prevent him from discovering his parents.
(d) To protect him from Hera.
3. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
(a) To hold Dionysus for ransom.
(b) To gain knowledge from Dionysus.
(c) To destroy Dionysus.
(d) To release Dionysus on the next island.
4. When is Anchises bewitched by Aphrodite's beauty?
(a) Two days after they meet.
(b) One week after they meet.
(d) Three days after they meet.
5. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrative of The Hymn to Aphrodite describe her preparations for approaching Anchises?
2. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
3. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
4. How does Aphrodite think that Aeneas will be treated by the gods?
5. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)