|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a song.
(b) With a prediction.
(c) With a question.
(d) With a praise.
2. Who reportedly witnessed the birth of Athena?
(a) Gods and men.
(b) Men and animals, but not gods.
(c) Gods, men, and animals.
(d) Gods and animals, but not men.
3. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
4. What is the last command that Aphrodite has for Anchises?
(a) To remain silent about her visit.
(b) To find a woman to marry.
(c) To begin preparing to raise their son.
(d) To tell everyone about her visit.
5. Which one of Athena's attributes is the subject of the final Hymn to Athena?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
2. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
3. According to Aphrodite, what will the child she has with Anchises grow to become?
4. As stated in The Hymn to Aphrodite, what is Athena known for?
5. How is Hestia's presence described in the Hymns to Hestia?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)