|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
(a) A secret cave.
(b) A secret island.
(c) A secret fortress.
(d) A secret mountain.
2. How many hymns are there to Athena?
3. What does Anchises do after his affair with Aphrodite?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He says a prayer.
(c) He sings a song.
(d) He falls asleep.
4. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
(a) A lion.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A bear.
(d) A wolf.
5. Whose house does the poet mention at the end of The Second Hymn to Hestia because it is blessed by Hestia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anchises pray for after meeting Aphrodite?
2. As explained in The Second Hymn to Aphrodite, how was Aphrodite born?
3. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
4. How does Aphrodite think that Aeneas will be treated by the gods?
5. As explained in the hymn, how did the witnesses of Athena's birth respond to the event?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)