|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Athena's attributes is the subject of the final Hymn to Athena?
2. Which one of the following is Athena known for?
3. What does the poet ask to be blessed with at the conclusion of the final Hymn to Athena?
(a) Good luck and happiness.
(b) Happiness and fortune.
(c) Good luck and wealth.
(d) Happiness and knowledge.
4. According to the poet of the hymns, who is responsible for Aphrodite's desire for mortal men?
5. Based on the ancient myths, what is known to happen when mortals have affairs with immortals?
(a) It can lead to chaos.
(b) It can lead to tragedy.
(c) It can lead to destruction.
(d) It can lead to confusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Hestia's presence described in the Hymns to Hestia?
2. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
3. In the story, how does Aphrodite disguise herself in order to get close to Anchises?
4. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
5. Whose house does the poet mention at the end of The Second Hymn to Hestia because it is blessed by Hestia?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)