|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aphrodite think that Aeneas will be treated by the gods?
(d) He will be ignored.
2. According to the poet of the hymns, who is responsible for Aphrodite's desire for mortal men?
3. What does Anchises ask Aphrodite for after he learns her identity?
4. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
(a) To prevent him from discovering his parents.
(b) To teach him various skills.
(c) To protect his identity.
(d) To protect him from Hera.
5. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. As stated in The Hymn to Aphrodite, what is Athena known for?
2. According to Aphrodite, what will the child she has with Anchises grow to become?
3. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
4. How does the narrative of The Hymn to Aphrodite describe her preparations for approaching Anchises?
5. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)