|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last command that Aphrodite has for Anchises?
(a) To begin preparing to raise their son.
(b) To remain silent about her visit.
(c) To find a woman to marry.
(d) To tell everyone about her visit.
2. How does the narrative of The Hymn to Aphrodite describe her preparations for approaching Anchises?
3. When does Aphrodite say that Aeneas, the child she has with Anchises, will be able to return to earth?
(a) When he is ten years old.
(b) When he is eight years old.
(c) When he is five years old.
(d) When he is one year old.
4. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
5. What does Anchises ask Aphrodite for after he learns her identity?
Short Answer Questions
1. As explained in the hymn, how did the witnesses of Athena's birth respond to the event?
2. When is Anchises bewitched by Aphrodite's beauty?
3. What does the poem in The Third Hymn to Aphrodite describe?
4. What does Anchises pray for after meeting Aphrodite?
5. What is Anchises's initial reaction when he learns Aphrodite's true identity?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)