|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the hymn, how many goddesses are there that Aphrodite cannot influence?
2. How does Aphrodite think that Aeneas will be treated by the gods?
(b) He will be ignored.
3. What does the poem in The Third Hymn to Aphrodite describe?
(a) Aphrodite's influences.
(b) Aphrodite's friends.
(c) Aphrodite's intelligence.
(d) Aphrodite's seductive power.
4. How does the narrative of The Hymn to Aphrodite describe her preparations for approaching Anchises?
5. In The Hymn to Aphrodite, what job does Anchises have?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is a sheepherder.
(c) He is a poet.
(d) He is a cowherd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
2. What does the helmsman of the boat recognize?
3. According to Aphrodite, what will the child she has with Anchises grow to become?
4. Which one of the following is Athena known for?
5. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)