|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As explained in The Second Hymn to Aphrodite, how was Aphrodite born?
(a) From the foam of the sea.
(b) From the center of a flower.
(c) From the flames of a fire.
(d) From the rays of the sun.
2. What is the last command that Aphrodite has for Anchises?
(a) To find a woman to marry.
(b) To begin preparing to raise their son.
(c) To remain silent about her visit.
(d) To tell everyone about her visit.
3. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
(a) A secret cave.
(b) A secret island.
(c) A secret fortress.
(d) A secret mountain.
4. How does the narrative of The Hymn to Aphrodite describe her preparations for approaching Anchises?
5. Which one of Athena's attributes is the subject of the final Hymn to Athena?
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the ancient myths, what is known to happen when mortals have affairs with immortals?
2. As stated in The Hymn to Aphrodite, what is Athena known for?
3. According to the poet of the hymns, who is responsible for Aphrodite's desire for mortal men?
4. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
5. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)