|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the helmsman of the boat recognize?
(a) That the boat was going off course.
(b) That the boat was sinking.
(c) The danger that the crew is in.
(d) The holiness of the prisoner.
2. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
(a) Girl-crazy lion.
(b) Wild, noisy lion.
(c) Girl-crazy goat.
(d) Wild, noisy goat.
3. Which one of the following is Athena known for?
4. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
5. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
(a) No one.
(b) The entire crew except for the helmsman.
(c) The entire crew except for the captain.
(d) The entire crew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the ancient myths, what is known to happen when mortals have affairs with immortals?
2. In the story, how does Aphrodite disguise herself in order to get close to Anchises?
3. What does Anchises do after his affair with Aphrodite?
4. How is Hestia's presence described in the Hymns to Hestia?
5. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)