|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anchises do after his affair with Aphrodite?
(a) He says a prayer.
(b) He sings a song.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He runs away.
2. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
3. In the story, how does Aphrodite disguise herself in order to get close to Anchises?
(a) As a girl that Anchises once knew.
(b) As a girl that Anchises knows.
(c) As a mortal girl.
(d) As another goddess.
4. How is Hestia's presence described in the Hymns to Hestia?
5. When does Aphrodite say that Aeneas, the child she has with Anchises, will be able to return to earth?
(a) When he is eight years old.
(b) When he is ten years old.
(c) When he is five years old.
(d) When he is one year old.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
2. When is Anchises bewitched by Aphrodite's beauty?
3. What is Anchises's initial reaction when he learns Aphrodite's true identity?
4. As explained in the hymn, how did the witnesses of Athena's birth respond to the event?
5. Which one of the following is Athena known for?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)