|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
2. In the story, how does Aphrodite disguise herself in order to get close to Anchises?
(a) As a girl that Anchises once knew.
(b) As a mortal girl.
(c) As another goddess.
(d) As a girl that Anchises knows.
3. In The Hymn to Aphrodite, what job does Anchises have?
(a) He is a sheepherder.
(b) He is a poet.
(c) He is a soldier.
(d) He is a cowherd.
4. When does Aphrodite say that Aeneas, the child she has with Anchises, will be able to return to earth?
(a) When he is ten years old.
(b) When he is eight years old.
(c) When he is five years old.
(d) When he is one year old.
5. Based on the hymn, how many goddesses are there that Aphrodite cannot influence?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
2. Whose house does the poet mention at the end of The Second Hymn to Hestia because it is blessed by Hestia?
3. What type of arts is Athena known for?
4. What is another word that depicts the form of art that Athena is associated with?
5. According to the myth, where was Athena born?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)