|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
(a) The entire crew except for the captain.
(b) No one.
(c) The entire crew.
(d) The entire crew except for the helmsman.
2. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
(a) Girl-crazy goat.
(b) Wild, noisy goat.
(c) Girl-crazy lion.
(d) Wild, noisy lion.
3. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
4. Who reportedly witnessed the birth of Athena?
(a) Gods and animals, but not men.
(b) Gods and men.
(c) Men and animals, but not gods.
(d) Gods, men, and animals.
5. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last command that Aphrodite has for Anchises?
2. What does Anchises pray for after meeting Aphrodite?
3. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
4. What is Anchises's initial reaction when he learns Aphrodite's true identity?
5. Who is Athena's father?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)