|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Aphrodite think that Aeneas will be treated by the gods?
(c) He will be ignored.
2. According to Aphrodite, what will the child she has with Anchises grow to become?
(a) A great poet.
(b) A great warrior.
(c) A great philosopher.
(d) A great writer.
3. What does Anchises pray for after meeting Aphrodite?
(a) That she will give him powers.
(b) That she is telling the truth.
(c) That she will introduce him to Zeus.
(d) That she will leave him alone.
4. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
5. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
(a) A bear.
(b) A lion.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
2. When is Anchises bewitched by Aphrodite's beauty?
3. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
4. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
5. As explained in the hymn, how did the witnesses of Athena's birth respond to the event?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)