|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrative of The Hymn to Aphrodite describe her preparations for approaching Anchises?
2. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
(a) A secret cave.
(b) A secret island.
(c) A secret fortress.
(d) A secret mountain.
3. Whose house does the poet mention at the end of The Second Hymn to Hestia because it is blessed by Hestia?
4. What does the poet ask to be blessed with at the conclusion of the final Hymn to Athena?
(a) Good luck and happiness.
(b) Good luck and wealth.
(c) Happiness and knowledge.
(d) Happiness and fortune.
5. How many hymns are there to Athena?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
2. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
3. How does Aphrodite think that Aeneas will be treated by the gods?
4. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
5. What is Anchises's initial reaction when he learns Aphrodite's true identity?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)