|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) He swims to safety on a nearby island.
(b) He is turned into a hawk.
(c) He is richly rewarded.
(d) He is released by Dionysus on an island.
2. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
(a) With a song about Dionysus.
(b) With a note from Homer.
(c) With a description of Dionysus.
(d) With a note from the translator.
3. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
4. How does Aphrodite think that Aeneas will be treated by the gods?
(b) He will be ignored.
5. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A bear.
(c) A lion.
(d) A wolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the poet of the hymns, who is responsible for Aphrodite's desire for mortal men?
2. What type of arts is Athena known for?
3. As explained in the hymn, how did the witnesses of Athena's birth respond to the event?
4. What does the poet ask to be blessed with at the conclusion of the final Hymn to Athena?
5. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)