|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last command that Aphrodite has for Anchises?
(a) To begin preparing to raise their son.
(b) To find a woman to marry.
(c) To remain silent about her visit.
(d) To tell everyone about her visit.
2. As explained in The Second Hymn to Aphrodite, how was Aphrodite born?
(a) From the center of a flower.
(b) From the rays of the sun.
(c) From the foam of the sea.
(d) From the flames of a fire.
3. Based on the ancient myths, what is known to happen when mortals have affairs with immortals?
(a) It can lead to destruction.
(b) It can lead to tragedy.
(c) It can lead to chaos.
(d) It can lead to confusion.
4. As explained in the hymn, how did the witnesses of Athena's birth respond to the event?
(a) With sadness.
(b) With silence.
(c) With laughter.
(d) With fear.
5. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
(a) No one.
(b) The entire crew.
(c) The entire crew except for the helmsman.
(d) The entire crew except for the captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the hymn, how many goddesses are there that Aphrodite cannot influence?
2. In the story, how does Aphrodite disguise herself in order to get close to Anchises?
3. Whose house does the poet mention at the end of The Second Hymn to Hestia because it is blessed by Hestia?
4. Who reportedly witnessed the birth of Athena?
5. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)