|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As explained in the hymn, how did the witnesses of Athena's birth respond to the event?
(a) With silence.
(b) With laughter.
(c) With sadness.
(d) With fear.
2. Whose house does the poet mention at the end of The Second Hymn to Hestia because it is blessed by Hestia?
3. What does the helmsman of the boat recognize?
(a) The danger that the crew is in.
(b) The holiness of the prisoner.
(c) That the boat was sinking.
(d) That the boat was going off course.
4. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
(a) The argument between Dionysus and the captain.
(b) The argument between the helmsman and the captain.
(c) The argument between Dionysus and the helmsman.
(d) The argument between Dionysus, the helmsman, and the captain.
5. Based on the hymn, how many goddesses are there that Aphrodite cannot influence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
2. According to the myth, where was Athena born?
3. What type of arts is Athena known for?
4. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
5. How does the narrative of The Hymn to Aphrodite describe her preparations for approaching Anchises?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)