|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poet ask to be blessed with at the conclusion of the final Hymn to Athena?
(a) Happiness and fortune.
(b) Happiness and knowledge.
(c) Good luck and happiness.
(d) Good luck and wealth.
2. How is Hestia's presence described in the Hymns to Hestia?
3. According to the poet of the hymns, who is responsible for Aphrodite's desire for mortal men?
4. How does Aphrodite think that Aeneas will be treated by the gods?
(b) He will be ignored.
5. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
(a) With a note from Homer.
(b) With a description of Dionysus.
(c) With a note from the translator.
(d) With a song about Dionysus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the hymn, how many goddesses are there that Aphrodite cannot influence?
2. Who jumps overboard after Dionysus's transformation?
3. Which argument does the poet describe in The Hymn to Dionysus?
4. What does Anchises ask Aphrodite for after he learns her identity?
5. When does Aphrodite say that Aeneas, the child she has with Anchises, will be able to return to earth?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)