|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the myth, where was Athena born?
(a) From her father's forehead.
(b) From her mother's forehead.
(c) From her father's chin.
(d) From her mother's chin.
2. In the story, how does Aphrodite disguise herself in order to get close to Anchises?
(a) As a girl that Anchises once knew.
(b) As a mortal girl.
(c) As another goddess.
(d) As a girl that Anchises knows.
3. How does The Hymn to Dionysus begin?
(a) With a note from the translator.
(b) With a note from Homer.
(c) With a song about Dionysus.
(d) With a description of Dionysus.
4. What does the poem in The Third Hymn to Aphrodite describe?
(a) Aphrodite's influences.
(b) Aphrodite's seductive power.
(c) Aphrodite's friends.
(d) Aphrodite's intelligence.
5. As stated in The Hymn to Aphrodite, what is Athena known for?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hymns are there to Athena?
2. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
3. Whose house does the poet mention at the end of The Second Hymn to Hestia because it is blessed by Hestia?
4. What is Anchises's initial reaction when he learns Aphrodite's true identity?
5. According to Aphrodite, what will the child she has with Anchises grow to become?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)