|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poem in The Third Hymn to Aphrodite describe?
(a) Aphrodite's seductive power.
(b) Aphrodite's friends.
(c) Aphrodite's intelligence.
(d) Aphrodite's influences.
2. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
(a) To prevent him from discovering his parents.
(b) To teach him various skills.
(c) To protect him from Hera.
(d) To protect his identity.
3. When does Aphrodite say that Aeneas, the child she has with Anchises, will be able to return to earth?
(a) When he is eight years old.
(b) When he is one year old.
(c) When he is ten years old.
(d) When he is five years old.
4. As explained in The Second Hymn to Aphrodite, how was Aphrodite born?
(a) From the center of a flower.
(b) From the foam of the sea.
(c) From the flames of a fire.
(d) From the rays of the sun.
5. What type of arts is Athena known for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the helmsman in The Hymn to Dionysus?
2. What does Anchises do after his affair with Aphrodite?
3. In the story, where is Dionysus raised?
4. According to The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the father of Dionysus?
5. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)