|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a praise.
(b) With a question.
(c) With a song.
(d) With a prediction.
2. What does the poet ask to be blessed with at the conclusion of the final Hymn to Athena?
(a) Happiness and fortune.
(b) Good luck and wealth.
(c) Happiness and knowledge.
(d) Good luck and happiness.
3. When does Aphrodite say that Aeneas, the child she has with Anchises, will be able to return to earth?
(a) When he is five years old.
(b) When he is ten years old.
(c) When he is eight years old.
(d) When he is one year old.
4. What does Anchises pray for after meeting Aphrodite?
(a) That she will give him powers.
(b) That she will leave him alone.
(c) That she will introduce him to Zeus.
(d) That she is telling the truth.
5. According to the myth, where was Athena born?
(a) From her father's forehead.
(b) From her father's chin.
(c) From her mother's chin.
(d) From her mother's forehead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another word that depicts the form of art that Athena is associated with?
2. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
3. Which one of Athena's attributes is the subject of the final Hymn to Athena?
4. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
5. According to the poet of the hymns, who is responsible for Aphrodite's desire for mortal men?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)