|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Athena's father?
2. What is the last command that Aphrodite has for Anchises?
(a) To begin preparing to raise their son.
(b) To tell everyone about her visit.
(c) To find a woman to marry.
(d) To remain silent about her visit.
3. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
(a) To destroy Dionysus.
(b) To gain knowledge from Dionysus.
(c) To release Dionysus on the next island.
(d) To hold Dionysus for ransom.
4. What does Anchises ask Aphrodite for after he learns her identity?
5. Which one of Athena's attributes is the subject of the final Hymn to Athena?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anchises pray for after meeting Aphrodite?
2. As stated in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who is the mother of Dionysus?
3. Based on the ancient myths, what is known to happen when mortals have affairs with immortals?
4. What invocation to Dionysus ends the third hymn?
5. What animal does Dionysus turn into while on board the ship?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)