|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dionysus turn the crew of the ship into?
2. Based on the information provided in The Second Hymn to Dionysus, who raises Dionysus?
3. Who is Athena's father?
4. According to The Third Hymn to Dionysus, why is Dionysus raised in secrecy?
(a) To protect his identity.
(b) To teach him various skills.
(c) To protect him from Hera.
(d) To prevent him from discovering his parents.
5. How does the first Hymn to Dionysus conclude?
(a) With a praise.
(b) With a question.
(c) With a prediction.
(d) With a song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the poet ask to be blessed with at the conclusion of the final Hymn to Athena?
2. What does Anchises ask Aphrodite for after he learns her identity?
3. What is the intent of the captain of the sailing boat?
4. What does Anchises do after his affair with Aphrodite?
5. What fruit do the leaves sprout as Dionysus remains on the sailing ship?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)