|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hymns to Athena and Hestia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the poem in The Third Hymn to Aphrodite describe?
(a) Aphrodite's influences.
(b) Aphrodite's seductive power.
(c) Aphrodite's friends.
(d) Aphrodite's intelligence.
2. How is the sailing ship that captures Dionysus described?
3. What does Anchises ask Aphrodite for after he learns her identity?
4. As stated in The Hymn to Aphrodite, what is Athena known for?
5. What does the helmsman of the boat recognize?
(a) That the boat was sinking.
(b) That the boat was going off course.
(c) The holiness of the prisoner.
(d) The danger that the crew is in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anchises's initial reaction when he learns Aphrodite's true identity?
2. In the story, how does Aphrodite disguise herself in order to get close to Anchises?
3. How does Aphrodite think that Aeneas will be treated by the gods?
4. According to the myth, where was Athena born?
5. How is Hestia's presence described in the Hymns to Hestia?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)