|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Merlin is summoned to instruct the workers in the construction of a monument. Merlin tells Aurelius that he should send for what?
2. Edwin asks Cadwallo for a crown of his own. Cadwallo tells Edwin that he cannot give him a separate crown. How does Edwin react to this?
3. The children of the white dragon will be decimated and two more dragons will come, followed by whom?
4. What does Gormund do to the city where Keredic has taken refuge?
5. _________________________ will succeed the giant to rule the people with tyranny.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is said about the Thunderer and the German worm?
2. What does Pope Gregory do? How does this affect Augustine?
3. What does Arthur do with his leadership and military abilities? How does he also show that he respects the ideas of others?
4. What do the dragons represent?
5. What will happen in the time of the lion?
6. Why should Arthur be King?
7. Why does Octa end up living in an uninhabited area of Britain as a subject of the King?
8. What is done with the Giants' Ring?
9. Describe King Solomon's speech. How does Cadwallo respond?
10. What happens when three springs erupt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Britain is founded by an outcast.
Part 1) Who is this outcast? How does he become an outcast?
Part 2) Should he have been an outcast? Why or why not?
Part 3) What is significant about the fact this founder is an outcast? What does this say about the people of Britain at this time and today?
Essay Topic 2
Merlin's prophecy is similar to the Book of Revelation.
Part 1) What is the Book of Revelation? How is this prophecy like the Book of Revelation?
Part 2) What is the purpose for having this prophecy be like the Book of Revelation? What does this say about Britain?
Part 3) Does Merlin believe Britain will survive? Why or why not? What is the connection between Britain and success and the survival of the world? Why does this connection exist?
Essay Topic 3
Arthur is the king Britain has been seeking.
Part 1) What does Arthur do for Britain? How is he different from the other kings?
Part 2) What is his most important characteristic, for you? Explain.
Part 3) How does he compare to rulers today? Would he be good as the leader of a modern nation? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)