|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the deployment of alliance?
(a) The tendency of strategies to work together under power.
(b) The unification effect of the repression of sexuality.
(c) A system of rules and regulations based in kinship ties and marital bonds.
(d) None of the above.
2. Which of the following does NOT represent a transformation the Foucault identifies after the nineteenth century?
(a) The medicine of perversions and programs of eugenics.
(b) The medicine of sex was set apart from the medicine of the body.
(c) Sexuality was was moved into the strictly private sector.
(d) Biological responsibility was assigned to sex.
3. Which statement would Foucault agree with?
(a) Where there is power, there is resistance.
(b) Resistance is never in a position of exteriority in relation to power.
(c) Power relationships depend on a multiplicity of points of resistance.
(d) All of the above.
4. What relationship does Foucault give to governmental powers and law?
(a) The power mechanisms of law and government constantly clash are are kept concealed.
(b) The law constrains the power of the governments.
(c) Governments exercise power through law, and the law is the seat of their power.
(d) The law is one of many tools used by governmental powers.
5. Which words would Foucault use to explain power?
(a) Random and nonsubjective.
(b) Linear and overt.
(c) Intentional and nonsubjective.
(d) Intentional and linear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the effect of the deployment of alliance in the family unit to control sexuality?
2. Which of the following can be said about the deployment of sexuality throughout the population?
3. What is the psychiatrization of perverse pleasure?
4. What do the rules of continual variations state?
5. What does the juridico-discursive model of power say about desire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Define how Foucault sees sexuality.
2. What role does discourse play in power?
3. How does the spread of sexuality, as told by Foucault, refute the repressive hypothesis that sexuality was repressed in order to subjugate the working class?
4. What is the hysterization of women's bodies?
5. Explain the principles of negative relation and the cycle of prohibition in the juridico-discursive power structure.
6. Relationships between power and knowledge are transformational matrices and highly subject to change. Give an example of a power-knowledge relationship that has changed dramatically.
7. What are the deployment of alliance and the deployment of sexuality?
8. What does Foucault mean when he refers to the cyclical nature of power and law? Explain.
9. Per Foucault, what are the principle traits of juridico-discursive power structures?
10. How does Foucault define power? What is it like?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)