|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 4, Periodization.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of Foucault's statements regarding the discourses around sexuality of children?
(a) They are hierarchized and interlocking.
(b) They are articulated around power relations.
(c) They replaced a former way of speaking about sex.
(d) They are the exclusive domain of adults.
2. What does Foucault say we can see the materialization of the rationality of power?
(a) At the restricted level where their tactics are inscribed.
(b) Those who make pivotal economic decisions.
(c) The caste which governs.
(d) The groups which control state apparatus.
3. What does the rule of double conditioning state?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Every power center and resistance have more than influence working upon them.
(c) For every power there is a specific resistance.
(d) All local centers enter into an over-all strategy, and no strategy could have effect without support of local centers.
4. Which words would Foucault use to explain power?
(a) Intentional and nonsubjective.
(b) Linear and overt.
(c) Random and nonsubjective.
(d) Intentional and linear.
5. What major transformation in sexuality happened at the turn of the nineteenth century?
(a) The biological study of sexuality discovered hormones and thus explained perversions medically.
(b) The population openly accepted sexual discourse as necessary for a healthy sexuality.
(c) Perversions were defined and recognized.
(d) The focus on sexuality went from everlasting punishment after death to a medical problem of illness in life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the "reasons for being" of the deployment of alliance compared to the deployment of sexuality?
2. Which of the following does NOT represent a transformation the Foucault identifies after the nineteenth century?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the three successive stages by which sexuality penetrated the population at large?
4. The medical examination, the psychiatric investigation, the pedagogical report, and family controls can be said to be characterized by which of the following?
5. What institution sought to free sexual instinct from heredity, eugenics, and racism?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)