|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 3, Domain.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is true about the medicalization of the sexually peculiar?
(a) All alternate sexualities were looked at as having the same root.
(b) It recognized alternate sexualities as part of the essential nature of the person.
(c) It was distinctly unpleasant to those receiving treatment.
(d) There was a sensualization of power.
2. Which is the form Foucault uses to define the relationship between power and pleasure?
(b) Mobile and nebulous.
3. What can be said of the power mechanism(s) involved in the labeling of disparate sexualities?
(a) They were multi faceted and diverse.
(b) It's object was prohibition.
(c) It was unified and focused.
(d) It was primarily a legal and judicial.
4. What does Foucault say about people of disparate sexualities from the end of the eighteenth century on?
(a) Their neuroses were considered to be contagious, so they were shunned from society.
(b) They were perceived as the natural consequence to repression.
(c) They were always considered criminals and sent to prisons or labor camps.
(d) They were perceived as scandalous, dangerous victims of disease.
5. According to Foucault, which of the following is NOT one of the ways we view sex?
(a) As something not to be taken into account.
(b) As something with influence over every aspect of our lives.
(c) As something obscure that needs to be investigated and understood.
(d) As having been repressed for centuries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the effect of the deployment of alliance in the family unit to control sexuality?
2. Which of the following was NOT one of the three major explicit codes that governed sexual practices up to the end of the eighteenth century?
3. Which of the following would Foucault NOT agree was a result of sexual discourse?
4. Which of the following best describes the pedagogization of children's sex?
5. What can be said of the deployment of alliance and the deployment of sexuality?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)