|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Persistence and Memory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he returns to his unit, what does Graves get sent to the hospital for?
(a) Severe fever.
(c) Mental illness.
2. Where was the pre-war class system the most pronounced?
(d) United States.
3. The war began for the British in terms of language following the assassination of _____.
(a) George Sherston.
(b) Siegfried Sassoon.
(c) Archduke Ferdinand.
(d) Thomas Hardy.
4. What was the purpose of the organization Special Operations Executive?
(d) Officer's Club.
5. Who wrote the "Theory of Modes?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What were people placed on the social scale for in the most pronounced pre-war class system?
2. What was the last line of the trenches referred to as?
3. How long in 1916 did the British commander prepare his troops for the battle against the Germans?
4. Pilgrim's Progress is mentioned quite a bit with its references and allusions to _____.
5. At the beginning of World War I, who was the British commander?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)