|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Persistence and Memory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Robert Graves meet when he joins the First Battalion?
(a) Anthony Burgess.
(b) George Adams.
(c) Siegfried Sassoon.
(d) George Sherston.
2. Where did this battle the British commander was preparing for against the Germans take place?
3. In what month was the peace armistice signed for World War I?
4. Within the trenches, how many lines of troops were stationed there in war time?
5. At what age did Robert Grave's enter the military?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fussell, modern war requires an accompanying ______.
2. The British had failed to do what by Christmas 1915?
3. By the end of 1917, which country had withdrawn from the war due to the Bolshevik Revolution?
4. There are many literary links between war and what?
5. Fussell mentions that some people thought that a certain language was not adequate enough to deal with war. Which language is it?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)