|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Persistence and Memory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What soldiers are said to have a flair for theatrics?
(c) United States.
2. What month and year did America enter World War I?
(a) April 1918.
(b) April 1917.
(c) May 1917.
(d) March 1918.
3. What did Ted Hughes explore with his writing?
(a) Second World War.
(b) First World War.
(c) Revolutionary War.
(d) Civil War.
4. When Graves recovers, he returns to his unit. Where is his unit stationed?
(a) No answers are correct.
5. Fussell quotes Hardy, "Irony is the attendant of hope, and the fuel of hope is _______"
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last line of the trenches referred to as?
2. What were these trenches called?
3. In Robert Graves work, Goodbye to All That, Graves tells the story of his own life. In battle his friend is killed in action. What happens to Graves while in battle?
4. In "How Young They Died," a soldier, after two weeks in France, feels how?
5. Fussell points out that what country's soldiers exude moral superiority?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)