|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Adversary Proceedings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Altogether, the Sassoon trilogy makes what type of point to the reader?
2. At the beginning of World War I, who was the British commander?
(a) Sir Douglas Haig.
(b) George Sherston.
(c) General Sir George Plumer.
(d) Thomas Hardy.
3. Within the trenches, how many lines of troops were stationed there in war time?
4. What services continued during the war to make the soldiers feel very close to home?
(a) Mail service.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Newspaper delivery.
(d) Magazine subscriptions.
5. What color are the Germans usually described in by soldiers who spent long periods of time in the trenches?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time in the morning did the day begin for the troops in the trenches?
2. The British had failed to do what by Christmas 1915?
3. If it was a quiet day, what did troops do during the day?
4. By the end of 1917, which country had withdrawn from the war due to the Bolshevik Revolution?
5. Most of the author's reference of sunrise and sunset are gone by what?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)