|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Adversary Proceedings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By mid-December 1914, British troops had been fighting on the Continent for how long?
(a) Over five months.
(b) Over three months.
(c) Over seven months.
(d) Over nine months.
2. During war time, what was censored?
3. How were the German trenches in contrast to the British trenches?
(a) They are deeper and cleaner.
(b) They are deeper and wetter.
(c) They are wet and damp.
(d) They are cleaner and wetter.
4. Writers during the war chose to write about what as a popular topic?
(b) Peace time.
(d) Sky and sunset.
5. What was the last line of the trenches referred to as?
(a) Front line.
(b) Support line.
(c) Last line.
(d) Reserve line.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fussell quotes Hardy, "Irony is the attendant of hope, and the fuel of hope is _______"
2. Specifically stated in the story, the troops in the trenches felt how?
3. According to Fussell, what has been affected by time and war?
4. Most of the author's reference of sunrise and sunset are gone by what?
5. What services continued during the war to make the soldiers feel very close to home?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)