|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Adversary Proceedings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the Germans usually described in by soldiers who spent long periods of time in the trenches?
2. Fussell quotes Hardy, "Irony is the attendant of hope, and the fuel of hope is _______"
3. In the third volume of the trilogy, where is Sherston?
(b) Psychiatric hospital.
(c) Front line of the trenches.
(d) A London pub.
4. Fussell refers to the Great War as what?
(a) The most ironic and the most humorous.
(b) The most hideous and the most humorous.
(c) The most hideous and the most outrageous.
(d) The most hideous and the most ironic.
5. What is the title of the final volume of the trilogy?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) Memoirs of a Fox-Hunting Man.
(c) Memoirs of an Infantry Officer.
(d) Sherston's Progress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some German trenches included what special features?
2. Most of the author's reference of sunrise and sunset are gone by what?
3. About how far from the enemy were the first line of troops stationed in the trenches?
4. What was the last line of the trenches referred to as?
5. How were the German trenches in contrast to the British trenches?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)