|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Adversary Proceedings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Within the trenches, how many lines of troops were stationed there in war time?
2. In "How Young They Died," a soldier, after two weeks in France, feels how?
3. How many men lost their lives in World War I?
(a) Eight and a half million.
(b) Eight million.
(c) Nine million.
(d) Ten million.
4. What color are the Germans usually described in by soldiers who spent long periods of time in the trenches?
5. Specifically stated in the story, the troops in the trenches felt how?
(a) Officers disrespected them.
(b) Officers didn't know what was happening on the front line.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Officers didn't care about them.
Short Answer Questions
1. One store that had a gift assortment that could be sent to men at the front was _____.
2. The British had failed to do what by Christmas 1915?
3. Fussell begins by quoting a poem by whom?
4. George Sherston used to carry what as a good luck piece?
5. By the end of 1917, which country had withdrawn from the war due to the Bolshevik Revolution?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)