|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Troglodyte World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were these trenches called?
(a) Line of Belguim.
(b) German Line.
(c) French ditches.
(d) British Line.
2. The British had failed to do what by Christmas 1915?
(a) Win the war.
(b) Start a piece treaty.
(c) Win any battles.
(d) Break through German lines.
3. How were the German trenches in contrast to the British trenches?
(a) They are deeper and wetter.
(b) They are cleaner and wetter.
(c) They are wet and damp.
(d) They are deeper and cleaner.
4. During World War II, where did many soldiers fight from?
(a) In another country.
(b) Close to home.
(c) Far from home.
(d) On another continent.
5. By the end of 1917, Germany had shifted their troops in what direction?
(a) Eastern Front.
(b) Northern Front.
(c) Western Front.
(d) Southern Front.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the British commander, what was obvious to him throughout the first part of the war?
2. What time in the morning did the day begin for the troops in the trenches?
3. Fussell begins by quoting a poem by whom?
4. What did the British commander think the 1916 battle against Germany would do?
5. What country's submarines were active in the Atlantic and ultimately brought America into World War I?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)