|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Troglodyte World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the German trenches in contrast to the British trenches?
(a) They are wet and damp.
(b) They are deeper and cleaner.
(c) They are cleaner and wetter.
(d) They are deeper and wetter.
2. By the end of 1917, which country had withdrawn from the war due to the Bolshevik Revolution?
3. According to Fussell, what has been affected by time and war?
4. The writer George Sherston uses the sky to describe _____.
(a) Peace time.
(b) War time.
(d) Various relationships.
5. What country's submarines were active in the Atlantic and ultimately brought America into World War I?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the British commander think the 1916 battle against Germany would do?
2. What was the difference between British commanders Haig and Plumer?
3. What was the last line of the trenches referred to as?
4. What time in the morning did the day begin for the troops in the trenches?
5. The British had failed to do what by Christmas 1915?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)