|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXXVI through XXXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart die?
2. What album by Glenn Gould is described as combining personality, ideas, bouncing rhythm and fast tempos?
(a) "Goldberg Variations."
(b) "Goldberg Sonata in D Minor."
(c) "Rhapsody in Blue."
(d) "Moonlight Sonata."
3. What refers to an instrumental musical composition usually designed to provide practice material for perfecting a particular technical skill?
4. What German pianist, composer, piano teacher, and piano manufacturer was born in 1785?
(a) Adolf von Henselt.
(b) Bartolomeo Cristofori.
(c) Johann Nepomuk Hummel.
(d) Friedrich Kalkbrenner.
5. Who was described by the author as an incomparable pianist who added new theories and ideas about pedaling and sonority with new ideas of figuration and layout?
(a) Alexander Scriabin.
(b) Claudio Arrau.
(c) Franz Liszt.
(d) Claude Debussy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose austere Russian appearance produced organized, impeccably delivered serious sonorities with musical elegance and exquisitely finished phrases?
2. Vladimir de Pachmann dressed in a smelly, old gown he claimed was whose?
3. Who held solo concerts in 1839 Rome?
4. Where was Annette Essipoff from?
5. In what year did the romantic upheaval take place in music?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)