|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXXVI through XXXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sought ideal music he could play and compose and eventually settled on Mozart's twelve piano concertos at farewell concerts in 1922?
(a) Ferruccio Busoni.
(b) Franz Liszt.
(c) Claude Debussy.
(d) Claudio Arrau.
2. What German pianist and composer was a pupil of Hummel and Sechter and became court pianist in St Petersburg?
(b) Adolf von Henselt.
(c) Carl Czerny.
(d) Friedrich Chopin.
3. When was Frédéric Chopin born?
4. Ernest Hutcheson became president of what school of music?
(a) New York University School of Music.
(b) Carnegie Mellon School of Music.
(c) Juilliard School of Music.
(d) Vienna School of Music.
5. When was Vladimir von Pachmann born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which student of Franz Liszt is described as having musical skill that was mostly telling tales published in "Music Study in Germany"?
2. Where was the pianist Claudio Arrau from?
3. What Polish piano-player could not play two correct notes in a row and always played fortissimo?
4. What is the term used to describe an elegant drawing room used in formal receptions that is different in layout and size than a public hall or auditorium used for concerts?
5. What is the name of a performance hall in New York City where Paderewski made a debut in 1891 on his tour for the Steinway piano company?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)