|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXXVI through XXXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What album by Glenn Gould is described as combining personality, ideas, bouncing rhythm and fast tempos?
(a) "Goldberg Sonata in D Minor."
(b) "Goldberg Variations."
(c) "Rhapsody in Blue."
(d) "Moonlight Sonata."
2. How old was Isaac Albeniz when he debuted in 1864 Spain?
3. How old was Paderewski when he debuted in 1887?
4. What is the name of a performance hall in New York City where Paderewski made a debut in 1891 on his tour for the Steinway piano company?
(a) Vienna Philharmonic.
(b) New York Philharmonic.
(c) Carnegie Hall.
(d) Metropolitan Opera.
5. In what year was Maurizio Pollini born?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Johannes Sebastian Bach die?
2. What is a term used to describe various tools invented to help young piano students learn and practice that included a chiroplast, guide-mains, dactylion to suspend fingers on springs, pocket hand exerciser, and technicon among others that promised perfection with less work?
3. In Chapter XXXVI, Bach a la Mode, the author comments on a trend that was unfashionable to play Bach on piano since whose resurgent harpsichord playing?
4. What pianist was born in April 28, 1873 in New Malden, Surrey, England?
5. What term refers to any object which produces a sound when hit with an implement, shaken, rubbed, scraped, or by any other action which sets the object into vibration?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)