|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XIV through XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was William Sterndale Bennett from?
(a) Great Britain.
(c) The United States.
2. Chopin considered Bach and who to be the only two great composers?
(a) Franz Liszt.
(c) Bertold Hummel.
(d) Adolf von Henselt.
3. When did the piano become the most popular instrument to be played publicly?
4. Who was the earliest-born pianist to be recorded?
(a) Sophie Mentor.
(d) Franz Liszt.
5. When did Louis Moreau Gottschalk return to the United States to give a New York concert?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who held solo concerts in 1839 Rome?
2. Chopin introduced changes in fingering and what that remained stylish into the next century?
3. What is the term used to describe an elegant drawing room used in formal receptions that is different in layout and size than a public hall or auditorium used for concerts?
4. What refers to a keyboard instrument, precursor of the piano, in which the strings are plucked by leather or quill points connected with the keys, in common use from the 16th to the 18th century?
5. In what year was the piano invented?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)