|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a term used to describe various tools invented to help young piano students learn and practice that included a chiroplast, guide-mains, dactylion to suspend fingers on springs, pocket hand exerciser, and technicon among others that promised perfection with less work?
(a) Legato and stacatto.
(b) Devices and mechanisms.
(c) Etude and arpeggio.
(d) Etudes and scales.
2. Where was Johann Hummel from?
3. In what year was the piano invented?
4. What celebrated pianist and composer was born March 10 1832 in Evesham, Worcestershire, England?
(a) John Field.
(b) Bartolomeo Cristofori.
(c) Adolf von Henselt.
(d) Muzio Clementi.
5. What style, perfect for piano, was invented in 1709 by Italian harpsichord-maker Bartolommeo Cristofori to play in salons?
(c) Style galant.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Carl Maria Friedrich Ernst von Weber born?
2. Who invented the piano?
3. What pianist never played in public but stayed in Vienna to teach pupils and compose over a thousand published works?
4. In what year did Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart die?
5. When was Vladimir von Pachmann born?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)